PDA

View Full Version : neocron thee exploiter king

moshter
27-07-05, 16:19
with all due respect to our fine gm s,the devs are the true exploit kings!when u the gms come on and say your changing somthing because were a bunch of exploiters{res missions and more}your accusing us of being a bunch of cheaters.not complimenting us on being adaptive,resourcfull or skilled.were not exploiting.we find a feature in the game use it to the best of our abbilites to have you say no there doin it to mutch lets change it.how about the zone crashing and losing vehicles all of the time or zone deaths or the glider you CANT get rite so when we pay thousnds of credits to have it crash due to crap devs do u give our money back?when u move servers around do we keep what we worked forever to gain?stop focusing on how were cheaters and fix what u sell and we pay for.NO MATTER what there will allways be a million and one "LOOPHOLES" and they will all be found but u can fix the zone deaths the gliders the zero inventory bugs and the list gos on

Mighty Max
27-07-05, 16:30
Calm down please, everyone knows that the research Mission are abused. They just dont work as expected and therefor have to be changed.

Done.

Noone is shouting "Exploiter!" on you.

will allways be a million and one "LOOPHOLES" and they will all be found but u can fix

"Damn, i got a fix for it, but no, i cant include it into while i havent fixed the others first." That simply makes no sense.

moshter
27-07-05, 16:48
Calm down please, everyone knows that the research Mission are abused. They just dont work as expected and therefor have to be changed.

Done.

Noone is shouting "Exploiter!" on you.

"Damn, i got a fix for it, but no, i cant include it into while i havent fixed the others first." That simply makes no sense.

try going up a few threads and reading where they say there changing it due to exploiters.ive used it, ok its overused ,its not the only thing i died 7 xs in mc5 and lost 8 drones and i was accused by a gm for exploiting in there becuse the mobs couldnt hit my drone evrytime well sry i was being resourcfull and trying to keep my drones alive by ducking behind walls and what not. its only an EXAMPLE there are many many more.how about the fact i made a tg alt and ran him all the way from DOY into the CA HQ try doing that the other way around because i post a thread im overreacting i think your a little to quick to tell me that ive been doing this since beta so no i dont think posting my thoughts in a thread r overreacting

imper1um
27-07-05, 16:50
Someone please delete this ranting thread with hardly no brain cells used. I think I lost a few from reading this post.

Brammers
27-07-05, 16:52
Read that thread again, and stop over-reacting.

Most of the concerns was not against the exploiting, but (for my point of view) the I had to have 150 base res.

The TL150 missions were being abused/exploited for many reasons, for which I'm not going to mention here, as it doesn't look like you even read the whole of that thread.

Morganth
27-07-05, 16:55
I can see his point though. What he is trying to say is that the Devs jump at the fact that RES missions are slightly flawed, yet they haven't done anything about the netcode or related problems, or even said anything about their plans to de-phucking the client so it can actually have a decent conversation with the server that gets the job done, rather than its current state where the client is suffering from brain damage under the influence of alcohol and is trying to communicate with the server which has a learning disability.

Original monk
27-07-05, 16:56
moshter ... then you should start with giving a good example by not exploiting yourself ...

you shouldnt of mentioned youre an MC5 exploiter with youre drones btw ... says it all tbh (WOOW you lost a few drones :rolleyes: )

Brammers
27-07-05, 16:59
I can see his point though. What he is trying to say is that the Devs jump at the fact that RES missions are slightly flawed, yet they haven't done anything about the netcode or related problems, or even said anything about their plans to de-phucking the client so it can actually have a decent conversation with the server that gets the job done, rather than its current state where the client is suffering from brain damage under the influence of alcohol and is trying to communicate with the server which has a learning disability.

Now that is a fair point. (And a lot more understandable and constructive)

Erm, de-phuck the client, what is that all about?

IceStorm
27-07-05, 17:00
how about the zone crashing and losing vehicles all of the timeIf I'm out in the wastes, I'm driving. I don't have the agility or endurance to run from place to place, nor the time to waste. I crash very rarely when driving, as in once every few months. The rare few times I've crashed, usually my vehicle is right over the zone line (assuming I've crashed while zoning). Last week I spent most of my time (say, 15 hours over three days) hunting on my combat spy, driving everywhere on a quad. No crashes.

There are known issues with the hover carrier and more than one passenger. If that's your complaint, stop using it until they fix it.
What he is trying to say is that the Devs jump at the fact that RES missions are slightly flawed,My understanding is that coders aren't jumping on the issue, Lupus is. Changing scripts using existing game code is not the same as recoding parts of the engine. Lupus isn't a coder, far as I'm aware, so while yeah, it's delaying him from the Phoenix CPU part, it's not like the coders are being impacted by this scripting change work.
or even said anything about their plans to de-phucking the client so it can actually have a decent conversation with the server that gets the job doneIf you're in the USA, get a Speakeasy DSL line. That's about all I can suggest. My Speakeasy line rarely has sync issues caused by the line (just by me changing chars faster than the engine timeouts). My Verizon line is far, far worse.

Original monk
27-07-05, 17:02
imo the fact that there are bugs doesnt give anyone the right to go exploit em ...

exploitz arent discussed here btw, this thread wont live long like the previous ones ... scroll a bit down

Tostino
27-07-05, 17:04
imo the fact that there are bugs doesnt give anyone the right to go exploit em ...

exploitz arent discussed here btw, this thread wont live long like the previous ones ... scroll a bit downWell somone that is exploiting MC5 on a droner won't lose any drones if he knows how. So I don't think he was exploiting if his drones were geting blown up.

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 17:09
If everyone is honest about it.
How many times do you die, lose a lot of playtime or lose items during a night's playing session thanks to the current state of neocron and the implementation of the ideas?

I think he has a valid point. The whole soullight fixing issue is no longer a problem, as most hardcore allied killers left the game.
So what's left? Running bp's to level up fast?
Take that away and you'll see everyone and his grandmother reapairing vehicles at an asg again (which is officialy not an exploit since you can only repair a damaged vehicle). Two revelers shooting each other and a shitload of noobs going at it with their repairtools anyone?

There will indeed allways be people finding loopholes in the system. The economy is allready screwed so maybe after the research missions are "fixed", KK can turn on the real problems again, which is the massive lag right now which causes melee's to not hit at all and apu's to appear out of thin air after they've nearly killed you. Amongst still present memoryleaks , fatals, game just shutting down when transfering stuff to inventory, bugged vehicles, people clipping inside walls and actualy standing inside them shooting people who can't see or target them,......

LTA
27-07-05, 17:09
but because drones are hard to hit every droner in mc5 is a exploiter they dont get a equal chance to be in there?

like hitting yourself with mal was an exploit, like hiding behind boxes where u couldnt be hit was an exploit, shooting barrels of a second level was a exploit

anything where you level faster or gain more exp easier or more money easier eventually becomes a kk-exploit...

Morganth
27-07-05, 17:11
Erm, de-phuck the client, what is that all about?

Make the code more efficient, remove the bugs, put in safeguards to monitor possible appliance of cheats (without rely on someone sending you the program :rolleyes: ), have correct error handling and logging, increase the amount of debug information stored on your PC by making the log files more specific, and fixing the netcode (see above :D ).

IceStorm
27-07-05, 17:14
but because drones are hard to hitThere's a difference between hard to hit and impossible to hit. If the mob cannot reposition itself, in any way, to hit your drone, it's usually classified as an exploit.

Mighty Max
27-07-05, 17:21
Can we get a close here please:

1. Bugs are there to be fixed. Noone of us has the competence to say who (Lupus, Codi, etc ...) shall do it or how they shall do it.
2. If a bug gets fixed, it's a good thing, nothing to complain about!
3. Exploits are exploits are exploits are exploits ..., nomatter what reasons you have for them. Don't complain if you have to take the consequences for using them.
4. Don't discuss exploits here

Dirus
27-07-05, 17:26
You can't compare the RES mission fixes to anything like Netcode, or even the repair xp issues. NetCode, zoning, login, syncs or XP gains from non mission bonuses are issues inside the games source code. I am not a coder at KK, I do not have access to the games source code base. Therefore I fix what I can, which mainly revolves around entries in the databases, and mission scripting, all of which are in their own single files.

I know you guys aren't happy with some things, but by no means does part of the dev team working on one area mean that another part is not working on what you're worried about. This is basically like getting pissed because the gfx artists aren't fixing the login issues, but instead creating new gfx content for the game.

Thread closed.