PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Class!!!

ArgieD
27-07-05, 14:53
Have KK actually consider adding a 5th Class available only to those who cap their skills and get extra Xmillions of added XP?

I remember back in the days of MU online, players could turn their character to a Palladin, an unavailable Class for newstarters. "Fighters", like our Gen Tanks and "Wizards" like our Monks could turn to Paladins, given that they have kinda maxed their main skills.

They actually introduce more weapons / armors / and spells but preventing them from attacking players below a certain rank.

Obviously, they are busy with the stability of the servers (which is a good job), but I was wondering if this idea has been implemented; and if yes, why not being materialised or promised so far..

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 14:59
Let's see, an apu that does more dammage? And appu that heals more?
Sure, why not?

Why not introduce the "cyborg" class like someone discussed in NC1?

ArgieD
27-07-05, 15:01
well, not necessarily an overpowered monk..it could be something neutral...something else.. not allowed to attack low ranked runners but justify the reason of capped runners to keep playing NC2

In fact it could be more than one extra characters...

-) It could be a Paladin available only to capped Monks or PEs

and also

-) A Cyborg available only to capped Spies or Tanks

and also..... you name it. Something that makes you plan farther ahead when you're selecting a class upon starting the game

giga191
27-07-05, 15:11
I think there should be some sort of animal class which used attacks such as lunge, bite, thrash etc.

Argent
27-07-05, 15:20
Ummm. No. Or do you guys REALLY wanna shaft the newcomers?

giga191
27-07-05, 15:22
I think there should be some sort of animal class which used attacks such as lunge, bite, thrash etc. A mutant could play this role well

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 15:53
I would definitely like for one of the WOC skills for tanks and spies to be "the cyborg look". Where you can get a look close to that of a cyborg when not wearing pa. It won't overpower you in pvp, but i sure as hell will make people think twice about attacking a tank that played that long :-)

Selendor
27-07-05, 15:57
I always liked the mech idea, that your PE could enter a mech, which dealt uber damage (useful at op wars) but was much slower and had some kind of weakness. Would be a lovely reward for the extreme Ceres requirement on PE's.

A fifth, class, well, maybe a mutant class? With special mutation skills and weapons linked to radiation.

giga191
27-07-05, 16:04
At character creation you could choose between cyborg or mutants instead of female and male

Original monk
27-07-05, 16:12
im always for adding a new class !

those idea's here remind me of natural selection, wich i enjoyed playing btw :)

ArgieD
27-07-05, 16:15
Ummm. No. Or do you guys REALLY wanna shaft the newcomers?

I see your point, but there should ALWAYS be a minimum Rank Limit to those the upgraded classes could attack

Vae Victis
27-07-05, 16:16
I'll play any class... if it was nc1.
in stead of bashing monks, bash psi animations..? :)
I think we all agree on that one

zii
27-07-05, 16:16
Seek a lost potion and quaff it. sadly you turn into a lone wolf destined to roam the wastezones, with the pack as your only friend.

moshter
27-07-05, 16:24
Have KK actually consider adding a 5th Class available only to those who cap their skills and get extra Xmillions of added XP?

I remember back in the days of MU online, players could turn their character to a Palladin, an unavailable Class for newstarters. "Fighters", like our Gen Tanks and "Wizards" like our Monks could turn to Paladins, given that they have kinda maxed their main skills.

They actually introduce more weapons / armors / and spells but preventing them from attacking players below a certain rank.

Obviously, they are busy with the stability of the servers (which is a good job), but I was wondering if this idea has been implemented; and if yes, why not being materialised or promised so far..
good job on the servers WHAAAAT u cant even go between some zones near drt DAM wheres neocron 1 i need the download back i want to go home now where it was better

Torg
27-07-05, 16:26
Why not introduce the "cyborg" class like someone discussed in NC1?
here is (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103659) my nc1-thread on cyborgs. have fun. again.

ArgieD
27-07-05, 16:40
good job on the servers WHAAAAT u cant even go between some zones near drt DAM wheres neocron 1 i need the download back i want to go home now where it was better

I said good job for concentrating to it. not for fixing it! ;)

CMaster
27-07-05, 16:48
Seek a lost potion and quaff it. sadly you turn into a lone wolf destined to roam the wastezones, with the pack as your only friend.
Then some guy on a combat chaincraft who is hunting for drom trophies guns you down.

Nullvoid
27-07-05, 17:25

Yes, that's one thing NC is missing, definitely not enough quaffing going on.

LTA
27-07-05, 17:45
sounda good idea, why not let those who get to woc 4 be god like would be an nice reward for the immense grind of overcappin by how ever many millions mean ppus do it already and only need to hit blessed levels before they are well on there way O_o

ArgieD
27-07-05, 17:50
Actually, a good way to decrease the number of Monks in Monkocrorn is to give fewer rewards to the when they're capped. Limited, but still some..

Nullvoid
27-07-05, 18:22
A choice to steer our characters towards either a more *mutant* appearance, or a more *cyborg* one(beyond what you choose as your initial appearance at 0/2 rank). I don't think there's a real need for a whole new class, just let us build upon the ones we already have.

Also for more high-end content, I think you are travelling the right path with the resist chip missions, I genuinely enjoyed the ncpd one. Having the mission in different stages, each resulting in an experience that hadn't strictly been encountered during ordinary levelling. About the only flaws I can think of are:

- The identical rewards
- Grinding through all those doomies then all those warbots for the DoY one, does not count as high level content.
- The exp gained while completing them isn't that impressive for a high level character.

Can't 127/127 mobs be made to give specially high exp? Preferrably double what you get for a 120/120 if not more...perhaps grinding up to those WoC levels would be less...umm...grindy...

Dribble Joy
27-07-05, 18:35
For the sake of balance, no.

Deciding the stat caps without making copies of other classes or horrifically overpowered ones would be nigh impossible,a nd I think we have all the different playstyles covered allready (if poorly implemented).

Selendor
27-07-05, 19:04
How about an Elf class?

:angel:

nobby
27-07-05, 20:03
They won't add a skill class...
It would be just like adding our mechs in which we never got told much about...

giga191
27-07-05, 20:09
They won't add a skill class...
It would be just like adding our mechs in which we never got told much about... Mechs were a very early concept back when they planned on releasing doy a few months after retail.

ArgieD
27-07-05, 22:00
I wouldn't really mind what class they made as long as it's something capped players can look forward to! -FACT

LiL T
27-07-05, 22:15
What we need is a class that can use its fists and feet effectively in combat and also swords, fast as hell with the ability to do speical high jumps and able to use long stealth. They can't use normal armour or normal implants, all there items are drop only and very rare, no other class can use them. That would prevent this class or other classes such as PE's from becoming overpowered and also add good high end content for the older players looking for something new.

I guess they could make a cyborg class also but I'd much like to see them using only there own gear and armour.

vashtyphoon78
30-07-05, 01:32
Implement the Cyborg class but make it so that what you get for overcapping by X amount of XP, you get to drive the mechs. as i see any normal character being able to operate a mech worth a crap...even a spy.

:angel: im all for borgs. i will assimilate you :lol: