PDA

View Full Version : Player Given Missions?

Riddle
26-07-05, 15:10
Well I saw something around this in FOMK although poorly implemented in fact that whole game was but back on topic.

How about giving us the ability to give other players missions? Not only to PK others and get dog tags for a reward.

But maybe to collect items etc.

Often I need stuff which entails a lot of running about. I would like to offer the tasks to noobs to do it for a reward.

-Open citycom
-Type a few details about mission
-Pay in cash reward like clan money account
-It's displayed on a mission board similiar to the forum
-Noobs can then read select a mission
-When complete they can collect cash from citycom

Why would noobs do it? Better cash rewards from players and make a change from rat runs ;)

Just a theory will need lots of thinking about but thats where you guys come in :angel:

Please discuss DON'T flame :)

Morganth
26-07-05, 15:16
I like this idea, provided that there were certain limitations on runner specific missions. I wouldn't want to see the same person on the mission list for dogtag collection if I knew that they were an easy target for whatever reason. Perhaps make it so that when the dogtag is handed into an NPC, that person can't have a bounty placed on their head for a fixed time. Also make it that if someone decides to cancel the mission, that it should go back into the pool, and the reward amount incremented automatically. So you'd find really good people with high bounties with frequently unclaimed rewards, and PPUs wouldn't become targets because they'd never be killed solo. Put a base stat limitation on it too, so that a */* can get a mission for a dogtag of an un-LE'd runner that has a base rank greater than or equal to their rank minus 5. So a /20 could go after a capped player and grab their tag for a reward, but a capped player wouldn't be able to gank lowbies and reap the cash benefit.

5 Stars.

LTA
26-07-05, 15:19
Yeh kinda like this idea gives the possibily of bounties

ie Noob gets pked and gets a flag to say xxx killed him then he can put up a mission on city com to kill player and trade something for reward and some fs or something

Player missions have gotta be strictly no symp or mission exp or people will just abuse it

Sakletare
26-07-05, 15:21
Nothing to flame, great idea.

Skusty
26-07-05, 15:54
can't you make like " Find 10 MC5 parts " Reward = 1mil as example? :p

Riddle
26-07-05, 16:29
can't you make like " Find 10 MC5 parts " Reward = 1mil as example? :p

Would be good lol.

Well i was thinking a shopping list of sorts, I salvage and recycle a fair bit and use all sorts of shit. Recycling drugs can take some effort to collect junk,

I would offer cash on delivery of junk for example.

Skusty
26-07-05, 17:10
Exactly! :lol:

Why not " Kill a GameMaster " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Selendor
26-07-05, 17:12
I believe in Eve they have a player driven haulage / bounty system, although of course in that game you have a lack of genreps to instantly warp you accross the gameworld.

krynstone
26-07-05, 17:24
Yeah...I don't know about the whole uber automating stuff but they do need to have an easily(more visible) access point for player missions. like another "tab" right next to missions or a submenu of missions to select player missions. I don't think there should be any automating the reward system basically it would just be a forum. But listed specifically for player missions. The forum posting should use a template enforced by the interface with fields like "Reward" "Description of mission" "Player Name" "Mission type". ie

Mission
Mission Type:_____
Description of Mission:______
Player Name: RabidCicada<auto filled in>
Reward:_____
This would result in a mission post like:
Mission
Mission Type: Miscellaneous
Description of Mission: Stand on one leg for an hour in front of medicare
Player Name: RabidCicada
Reward: 1Mil

They could provide further mission templates to support well known mission types. ie

Mission
Mission Type: Bounty<auto filled in>
Enemy: _____
Player Name: RabidCicada<auto filled in>
Reward:_____
This would result in an mission post like:
Mission
Mission Type: Bounty
Description of Mission: A Bounty has been placed upon player Loser321's head.
Player Name:RabidCicada
Reward:1Mil nc
Trying to automate the whole thing(reward giving/proof of kill/points of acceptance for proof of mission completion) would be way tedious and toohard to imlement. But the aforementioned mission posting system wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Riddle
26-07-05, 18:05
Unfortunately there are some bad people out there :p get you to do missions without giving you a reward, hence I suggested the citycom holding it.

Kind of like a large clan account and pays out once clicked completed by the mission giver.

The template idea is nice.

you can get Dog tags to prove kills already, delivery of an item? well thats straight forward like junk for example.
Other missions may be an issue like how do they prove they have done it?

nobby
26-07-05, 20:02
if that was avaliable, i'd see over a hundred missions wanting my head :p

krynstone
26-07-05, 20:39
Unfortunately there are some bad people out there :p get you to do missions without giving you a reward, hence I suggested the citycom holding it.

Kind of like a large clan account and pays out once clicked completed by the mission giver.

The template idea is nice.

you can get Dog tags to prove kills already, delivery of an item? well thats straight forward like junk for example.
Other missions may be an issue like how do they prove they have done it?
In response to this....you still end up with the problem of bad poeple anyways. What if the mission giver chooses not to click that the mission is complete. And anyways, automatic validation is just to messy to get into with the kind of quests that I think would make NC more interesting...what proof do you have of standing on your right leg for an hour in front of medicare. All of these player missions would have to be honor/player verified anyways. The whole point of these player missions would be to make missions more varied and in depth...not just another extension of the shallow mission system to give the illusion of "missions" or to provide a material farming solution for people who want to pay others to get them stuff. They should still have to work to get runners to take up their missions...they should still have to be involved. None of this total automation stuff!!!:)

Riddle
26-07-05, 20:57
True i don't like the automation.

An idea would be Player group missions so for example a few friends devise a mission taking a noob ar mid level player in search of areas they would not normally go and reporting on what they found i.e. a SPY mission good way of getting intel on OPs :p

The player would have to go to visit a few members over a period of days in order to get the next element of the mini quest.

These would be vast and varied and only limited by the imagination of the player.

Really looking for something to add to the current missions as a sideline even playing out part of a bigger storyline.

Not just Kill so and so for his tags ;)

Superbron
26-07-05, 21:54
Woohaa! Nice idea!!!

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 23:00
I'm slightly dubious about players actually setting out the details of missions, rather that they select parts of missions from a list (or just entire missions) and send those forward.

I had this kind of idea months ago for a way of reorgaising CM (see the old Big Fix Thread).

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 23:06
How about, you can put a bounty on a person, anybody in the same clan/fraction/Side depending on what u choose can see it, and when that person is killed by sumbody taggin your misson as bounty hunter, then killing the enemy runner, you get the SL and Fraction simp hit instead of them, and money is automaticaly put in there acount from you

*edit* to stop people exploiting and using a dummy character to absorbe the hits, the player must have a certain SL and Fraction simp, and can only set a single bounty at one time,

players can take up to 3 bounty offers flagged as active