PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Log in bugs

neuromancer99
26-07-05, 12:39
I have 3 acounts and i have log in troubles no mater wich character i try and log onto. most of the time is is a combo of permasync ,default stats, incomplete login, this probleme happens in evry zone it doesnt matter where,, this happens basicly evry time i log in , i spent 30 minutes trying to log in on 5 differnt times today. i know i am not alone in this since at least 6 other people in clan blood have the same problems. this started happening about 4 patches ago to me and the other people in the clan.
plz if you r haveing these problems post in this forum to let kk know that lots of us have these problems and maybe they can do something about it :mad: :mad:

Riddle
26-07-05, 12:54
I have 3 acounts and i have log in troubles no mater wich character i try and log onto. most of the time is is a combo of permasync ,default stats, incomplete login, this probleme happens in evry zone it doesnt matter where,, this happens basicly evry time i log in , i spent 30 minutes trying to log in on 5 differnt times today. i know i am not alone in this since at least 6 other people in clan blood have the same problems. this started happening about 4 patches ago to me and the other people in the clan.
plz if you r haveing these problems post in this forum to let kk know that lots of us have these problems and maybe they can do something about it :mad: :mad:

- Listen.....sshhhh....Suggest you leave the Clan and all problems will be solved....Heard kk don't like the Blood... :lol:

Get this myself aswell but no way that bad normally 2-3 attempts and i'm in doesn't help if i just synched into elfarid and login dead though :rolleyes:

Disturbed21
26-07-05, 16:24
Get pretty much the same here, know of several other people that get the same thing.
See http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=126797
Don't see how kk are unaware of an issue :rolleyes: but haven't really heard them comment on it, so they either don't know how to fix it or don't think its a priority *shrug*.

Toxen
26-07-05, 17:54
- Listen.....sshhhh....Suggest you leave the Clan and all problems will be solved....Heard kk don't like the Blood... :lol:

Get this myself aswell but no way that bad normally 2-3 attempts and i'm in doesn't help if i just synched into elfarid and login dead though :rolleyes:

Rofl, the only time blood has been disliked or liked was the time blood were anticity and pking dark and FF. and egm's basicly told blood to get out fo doy or else.

At the moment the pet hate of the GM's is FF.

Richard Blade
26-07-05, 19:25
They aren't as bad for me, but I do everything right down to rubbing my lucky rabbits foot.

Defrag or reload Neocron after every patch. I know... but, it seems to clear up some of the issues for me.

Restart after a patch imediately.

Use the tab key and enter key instead of the mouse while logging into the game.

uh... can't think of any of the other things, but maybe they'll help you.

Regards,
RB

aka Alexander Blade

Riddle
26-07-05, 21:05
Rofl, the only time blood has been disliked or liked was the time blood were anticity and pking dark and FF. and egm's basicly told blood to get out fo doy or else.

At the moment the pet hate of the GM's is FF.

FF? I wonder why.... ;)

Mr Kot
26-07-05, 21:34
I find a quick fix for the 80hlt / 50sta / 0 cash / 0 SL login thing is to zone somewhere..... but of course you can't move if youre in synch.

Sooooo... best bet is to log out near a synch point that you can right click.
A sewer, dungeon or similar is great for that. When you log in in sync, click the sewer, you will go into a long black sync and after about 10 secs or so, everything will become clear. All items, stats etc will come back.

If you log out in Tech Haven, stand near the drone racetrack or any energy core when you log out. Or the GRs, so you can rep... but there ppl might push you away.

In your apartment, you always log in at the default point in the appy, so zone downstairs and log out in the elevator next to the terminal. When you log in again in sync, just type your appt pass and bingo.

vashtyphoon78
26-07-05, 22:20
KK this is getting out of hand. Neocron is no longer in beta and WE PAY FOR THIS GAME. unlike FoM you are no longer in beta, and are obligated to making your players happy if you would like to keep buisness. i say this because i have just got done trying to get into NC. it has taken me 17 retrys and 4 fatals and i still have not got ingame. more elves is starting to look better and better every freaking permasync.

[PiN]Fluffy
26-07-05, 22:26
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124512

^^^ nuff said....

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 22:54
What's your ping or are you DLing loads of shit.

I have no problems at alluntill I try to log in when running torrents.

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 22:56
i never have a problem on first login... EVER... i put that down to my isp and not downloading shit/pr0n when playing, and having the magority of my resorces free

Nidhogg
26-07-05, 23:10
Thread merged.

N

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 23:14
I find a quick fix for the 80hlt / 50sta / 0 cash / 0 SL login thing is to zone somewhere..... but of course you can't move if youre in synch.

Sooooo... best bet is to log out near a synch point that you can right click.
A sewer, dungeon or similar is great for that. When you log in in sync, click the sewer, you will go into a long black sync and after about 10 secs or so, everything will become clear. All items, stats etc will come back.

If you log out in Tech Haven, stand near the drone racetrack or any energy core when you log out. Or the GRs, so you can rep... but there ppl might push you away.

In your apartment, you always log in at the default point in the appy, so zone downstairs and log out in the elevator next to the terminal. When you log in again in sync, just type your appt pass and bingo.

:P i always do that, log out when i can in an intelegent place, incase i log in as a different character and hop into a bug... i only ever seem to get bugs when i hop characters =[

Disturbed21
27-07-05, 02:17
When you get a situation like this you have to close the game down for 5 minutes before trying to log in again. When your session is corrupt on the server it doesn't matter how many times you try connecting to it because it will always be corrupt - you have to wait until the server drops the session and then you can create a new one. This is one of the things I'm going to try and get some feedback on for an upcoming "ask the devs", in the meantime, considering you finally managed to get in... closed.

N

Any feedback on this??...if there was a response I couldn't find it.

So this response tells me when I get a login bug I need to shut NC down for 5 mins, then get another login bug, wait another 5 mins, then get another login bug, then wait another 5......well, you get the point.

I honestly don't know what the problem is, I have very little on my main comp and usually start NC with nothing else running and still have login bugs everytime I login. My 2nd comp has a brand new HD with very little other than NC - actually all I use it for is NC. Yet I get the same login issues with that comp.

I have the same comp, same net service as I did almost a year ago when I quit. I never had any problems getting in game then. Now it usually takes me 10 - 35 mins to login.
Tried reinstalling, tried different routers, tried to make sure no programs were running.....still have the same login bugs day after day after day.

UnderLoK
27-07-05, 19:25
Any feedback on this??...if there was a response I couldn't find it.

KK refuses to address the issue. There have been numerous threads on the issue and a rather big one here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126797). At no point has anyone from the staff bothered to let us know what is going on with this problem that has been going on for months now.

The funny thing is, my post count is 33 and I would venture to guess that 2/3 of the posts are about login problems.

CMaster
27-07-05, 20:02
I find that makes me fatal. Still, its fun being 50/50ed and driving around.

Mr Kot
27-07-05, 21:53
I find that makes me fatal. Still, its fun being 50/50ed and driving around.
Never experienced fatals that way.

Driving around is another idea tho. If you are right next to a vehicle and you can get in it, you can move... hence you can zone. I've done that myself.

Disturbed21
27-07-05, 23:09
This is seriously starting to piss me off!
It would be nice to get some sort of response! Right now the game is almost unplayable for me.

Let me walk you through my NC experience today;

Login 7 times b4 I can see all my inventory on my tradeskiller. Use her for 30 mins or so then see that anti-city is invading Plaza sections.

Log my PE which takes me 14 attempts (maybe 10 mins) b4 I can log him succcessfully :rolleyes:

I go down shoot around for maybe 20 mins b4 2 spies drop me (had one to no health and thought the other was on my side :lol: ).
When I died NC crashed. Ok, log again; I'm bugged and can only select my apartment to gr to, so I select my apt.
I wind up being dead on the floor of my apt :rolleyes: Try again, dead again. Relog 4 or 5 times b4 I decide "fuck it I'll need pokes and probably have 99% si at this point"!

So I attempt to login my droner, 35 login attempts/20 mins later I get in. Thankfully the fighting is still going on. I get a good hiding spot and launch a few raptors. I drop a few ppl. Then I see that anti-city looks like they are retreating to Plaza 1 gr. Drop another anti-city but loose my drone.
Fine, I go to launch another but I couldn't use any thing, no spells or drones.
Relog, bah....spent 30 mins relogging b4 I get in successfully, by which time all the fighting was over :mad: :rolleyes: .

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME SORT OF UPDATE?!
WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT, YOU'RE SCREWED, WE'RE AWARE OF IT TRY THIS "XXXX" AS A WORKAROUND, WE'LL TRY TO GET A FIX NEXT PATCH, HELL SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

At this point I'm gonna have to cancel my accounts. Its not meant as a threat or anything because I will reactivate if/when these issues get resolved. However, I cannot justify paying for a game that is such a pain in the ass to login to. :(

-FN-
27-07-05, 23:16
This is seriously starting to piss me off!
Aren't you supposed to be taking a break until August 1st? :p

Disturbed21
27-07-05, 23:19
Aren't you supposed to be taking a break until August 1st? :p
*cough cough* shut it :p
I got bored, gone through the weekend now tho. :lol:

Nidhogg
27-07-05, 23:32
I've said it's my number one priority. I'm told we now have a coder working full-time on stability/memory issues, but it's not an easy task. I'm going to keep pushing this issue though.

N

vashtyphoon78
27-07-05, 23:51
heh its your main priority nid and i thank someone for not having A SINGLE LOGIN/FATAL today until i had been playing about 6 hours. BUT this is your top priority yes but is it KKS?

Asurmen Spec Op
28-07-05, 00:33
heh its your main priority nid and i thank someone for not having A SINGLE LOGIN/FATAL today until i had been playing about 6 hours. BUT this is your top priority yes but is it KKS?
Since they have a full time coder, Id say its pretty fucking high, how many coders did KK have? Less then 5 iirc

Castoff
28-07-05, 02:16
I too suffer from bad log ins. I either get perma sync, a black screen, my pc locks up, I log in with different inventory, I log in with no inventory, on one pc I still can't drive my vehicles. I could in the beginning, it is the same pc, I have not added anything to it.
I have Windows XP Home , and I am on Cable. My ping is usually around 150.
I have XP 3000+ processor & GeForce video card with on board sound, 1 gig of memory, 40 gig HD.
My other pc is 64 bit processor, ATI video card, with on board sound, 1 gig of memory, 80 gig HD.
GeForce pc, is the one I can't drive a vehicle on.
I have a router with all ports forwarded so this is not the problem.
Any ideas ?????

Scanner Darkly
28-07-05, 02:22
I get similar problems to castoff, and a lot more of them than when I started NC2 in January.

Logging in with your quickbelt and no inventory is a new one for me - had a couple of those over the last couple of days. All the others seem to happen regularly...

PS: this is not due to game corruption, this is a week old nc2 install... and spyware/addware free PC afaik

neuromancer99
31-07-05, 13:20
nice to see that that kk is trying to fix it

Mighty Max
31-07-05, 13:31
While you wait for it,

A defrag from time to time works wonder. I've already told that a while ago, but everyone replied to me "no no, that has to be imagination". But i recently heard that from another side too, so give it a try.

LiL T
31-07-05, 14:59
While you wait for it,

A defrag from time to time works wonder. I've already told that a while ago, but everyone replied to me "no no, that has to be imagination". But i recently heard that from another side too, so give it a try.

I'm still waiting for the game to FRE after 16 hour total play time, the only thing I changed on my system was to make a seperate partition on the harddisk. Which became the first partition of the disk 'drive D', which is infact at the outter most edge of the harddisk, the harddisk is fastest at the edge of the disk. This partition drive D is 15 GB in size 15,360 MB's, the remaining disk space was where I told norton partition magic to move all my files includeding the operating system. After backing up neocron etc to Drive D I then set about reinstalling winxp, I deleted the partition were windows was and remade it. Quick format then install etc, once booted up I turned off system restore on both partitions which showup as 2 serperate drives, to free up disk space.

I moved the neocron backup and personal stuff from D onto drive C, then I set the swapfile on drive D, I set it too 1536 MB minium size and 2000 MB max. That put my swapfile to the very edge of the harddisk, the fastest data transfer area, I then installed neocron on that same drive D. Now it runs perfectly because I get faster disk acess times for the game and virtual memory yay me :)

and I'm tierd =/

UnderLoK
31-07-05, 15:35
@Lil T: It has something to do with the increased lag on the server the past few days.

A week or so ago the server exhibited the same behavior where it was generally laggy and yet my clannies and I were not experiencing login bugs at all. Once the lag went away the login problems returned. Now here we are again with lag and once again none of us have login issues.

Mighty Max
31-07-05, 15:38
@Lil T: It has something to do with the increased lag on the server the past few days.

A week or so ago the server exhibited the same behavior where it was generally laggy and yet my clannies and I were not experiencing login bugs at all. Once the lag went away the login problems returned. Now here we are again with lag and once again none of us have login issues.

If it has something to do with the lag, as you describe it, chances are VERY high that an accelerated load does the same effect then the slowed down packets. In both cases the timing changes in the same direction ...

Morganth
31-07-05, 17:10

In my experience, Neocron doesn't touch your pagefile (its the second number in the memory thing, so its [Free Memory/Free Page File]).

LiL T
01-08-05, 12:06
Oh but it does, let neocron eat through the ram till it shows up as having 30 MB's free, then keep playing for about 30 mins. Logoff and exit the game the harddisk on my comp goes nuts and the desktop takes ages to load backup, the harddisk going nuts is windows clearing the crap out of the PF. Infact if you still don't beleave this is the case, press ctrl + alt + delete befor starting neocron note the PF (pagefile) useage. Run the game for a while till you start losing RAM, then alt + tab and check the pagefile useage again.