PDA

View Full Version : AGAIN i ask for this, doubt anybody will listen though

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 03:56
ok im asking again. would it be posible to scatter around places such as the outzone, little areas such as labs and advance ninite resequencers(construction desks) that people can right click and get a temporrary boost to there skills, say 1-10 depending on the danger of the location,

maby gun cabinates or medicupboards scatter around the outzone so that it gives people the insentive to level there (extra +5 to all weapon skills means you do that much mroe damage, or +1 dex means u could use that weapon one lvl higher.

make teh right click act as a drug/psi buff

IDEAS

RESERCH
[must not be near shop or gogo]
[lasting 2-10 mins]

Nanite capacity increaser +5 reserch
[large crate with tube like devices in]

datacube defagmentation workshop +10 reserch
[large machine like gogo's with slots for dc's]

CONSTRUCT
[lasting 2-10 mins]

Nanite injectors +5 construct
[large crate with spiderleg shaped metal devices in]

Advanced information retrival software +10 construct
[large machine like quad maker]

Repair
[lasting 2-10 mins]

Vice +5 repair
[Large Vice]

Blueprint database +10 repair
[Computer terminal]

Recycle
Experimental catalist +5 recycle
[Box of catalist cylinders]

Raw matirial database +10 recycle
[Computer terminal]

Combat
[Not where mobs spawn but very close]
[lasting 1-5 mins]

Adreenalin injectors +1 healrate per tick
[box of needles]

hand grips/shock dampeners/sholder pads/temple gel RANDOM +1 - +3 in selected weapons
[racks of whatever the above are]

advanced hand grips/shock dampeners/sholder pads/temple gel RANDOM +3 - +5 in selected weapons

Experimental hand grips/shock dampeners/sholder pads/temple gel RANDOM +5 - +10 in selected weapons

all 4 should be on the same racks, click the one you want
hand grips [pistol n meele]
shock dampeners [riful]
sholder pads [cannon]
temple gel [droners n psi]

non should be useable with buffs, there just to help noobs lvl, and give them a reason to get out a bit :D

Pungent77
26-07-05, 04:45
Sounds pretty cool,

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:03
5 Stars, love the idea.

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 23:10
i dont know the dome to well, despise you skum... i was wrong tg are nothing but filthy terrorists, CA FOREVER

lol ok back on track... im also sure there are places on the outskirts of the dome that could do with these aswell, boosing ppls insentive to explore the place

Scabard
26-07-05, 23:27
i dont know the dome to well, despise you skum... i was wrong tg are nothing but filthy terrorists, CA FOREVER

thats funny I have been telling FA they are the same, i do share and support your view :lol:

ZoVoS that is a cool idea, for instance you could put one of these at gab mine and make hunting a little easier for 5mins or so. They would get used and people would be more inclined to explore the local buildings in search of these little trinkets

maybe a one use weapon like a single use rocket launcher useable by all or something too. just an idea ;)

ZoVoS
26-07-05, 23:33
thats funny I have been telling FA they are the same, i do share and support your view :lol:

ZoVoS that is a cool idea, for instance you could put one of these at gab mine and make hunting a little easier for 5mins or so. They would get used and people would be more inclined to explore the local buildings in search of these little trinkets

maybe a one use weapon like a single use rocket launcher useable by all or something too. just an idea ;)

ya thats what i mean, i want easter eggs over the map. things like the BYB but usefull.

the single use rocket launcher (dues ex theif ;p) would rock BUT would prooly be hard to implimenbut maby they could make a napalm grenade that fires a AOE fire barrel for a short time, or just basic boxes of cheap grenades, (not ammo boxes and stuf you need to hack, there far to unpredicatable)

there are SOOOOOOOO many places in the wastes these could be used, so many little houses or huts that little bonuses could be added, nothing to overpower the game, just to give places a meaning

-=EDIT=-
and its psoible to put them in game because u put the Doy tunnel entrances in game withough changing the map, and we all know when u zone in, before the game syncs the objects are invisable, the only problem is writing the new buffing script

Scabard
26-07-05, 23:38
i dont think this is too much to ask tbh, its a simple addition that can be placed in the game like a new drug. put it in a unlocked box in the huts. the weapon idea was random but this could be done too. like you say none of it woul dbe overpowered, it would more then likely be aimed at the low to mid lvls so wouldn't help at all in pvp.

i like it so 5 of those pretty star things would be thrown in your general direction on this one

watch your eyes 8|

ZoVoS
27-07-05, 00:07
cant be a drug. i would like it to be, but it enables people to carry it around, and that deffets the object.

it has to work like medi benches. u right click u recive a certain amount of health. well thats basicaly what im thinking, only different bonuses, like buffs.

i say buffs so that for example +10 pistol cant be used with a pistol buff

giga191
27-07-05, 03:03
I would like to see stationary turrets around big mobs spawns. Maybe they could just increase you weapon damage when you sit in them.

Xylaz
27-07-05, 08:24
cool idea zovos, *****

a4nic8er
27-07-05, 08:44
I would rather they fixed the screwed up things - memory leaks, FREs, syncs, logins, unresponsive NPCs, bugged epics, atrocious spelling errors - BEFORE adding more content which will probably be screwed up as well!

Tesee
27-07-05, 10:51
Skill bonuses are given by OP,

If you have no OP or don't have friendly faction that have OP, you have to fight to have these bonuses...

But beleive me you can live without those bonuses...

Which faction are you ? (I am BT so on Pandore / Venus I had long times without any OP like many other factions...)

Morganth
27-07-05, 11:25
Skill bonuses are given by OP,

If you have no OP or don't have friendly faction that have OP, you have to fight to have these bonuses...

But beleive me you can live without those bonuses...

Which faction are you ? (I am BT so on Pandore / Venus I had long times without any OP like many other factions...)

Well most of Terra is owned by TG, with FA holding the OPs separating the CRP area from MB area. And there are a few Merc OPs dotted around the map. So basically, if you are pro-city, you don't get anything.

And anyway, there aren't many low level areas in OP war zones that have a consistant supply of mobs as well as all the other things nubs need, like GoGos and CCs.

Tesee
27-07-05, 12:04
well you know that once you have very good constructor or researcher,
having an OP is luxury (generally to spare time).
When I looked to Terra's map for the first time it looked like Pandore and Venus one's.

I am used to see Domer's across the map but with my spy researcher I often found sometimes some "neutral" labs which gave me some bonuses.

I don't know why TG owns the map on Terra, I don't know this server very well.

I heard of a clan with more than 200 members.

In this case I know why, it is quite simple...
But as I am not a fan of OP wars (that doesn't mean I won't make some...)
I will not fight just because we need some lab or factory to build some items...

I will fight because :
1) a good TG is a dead TG
2)Faction goals
3)Clan goal
4)for fun (after all I am just a tank...)

Note that the order is not important (just for those who could think that killing a TG will have a higher priority than a faction goal)

Note that I alway says "TG" but I don't forget all the others...

My only great big regret is for The Black Dragon.

I always had very good relationship with BD before on Venus...

giga191
27-07-05, 15:15
I would rather they fixed the screwed up things - memory leaks, FREs, syncs, logins, unresponsive NPCs, bugged epics, atrocious spelling errors - BEFORE adding more content which will probably be screwed up as well! There's nothing wrong with posting concepts on the forums. There's always someone who says "Onos there are more important things to do wahhhhh"

IceStorm
27-07-05, 17:23
So basically, if you are pro-city, you don't get anything.There are plenty of ops that are set to A. More than once I've used TG op bonuses on my CM...

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 01:29
im gona bump my idea rather than re posting...

maby one day the mods will read it and think

:O why didnt we think of this, it will take like half hour to impliment

Dominus
10-11-05, 01:41
Nice ideas. Perhaps easiest and first to implement would just be to make some items that give the non-combinable buffs you were describing.

Litter them around it crates and boxes but also on (relevant)corpses.

Maybe also some scavenging missions. Perhaps to collect some chemicle samples from industrial sectors, perhaps get some engine parts from a dump in the outzone etc.

The devs should really run competitions for missions etc. Would save a lot on their time and yet still get some really unique and interesting ideas.

Dribble Joy
10-11-05, 01:47
Add further bonuses to tradeskills and you have to rebalance them again.

I am also concerned how this would affect PvP....

Nidhogg
10-11-05, 01:58
I know you're well intentioned, but please, don't bump it again.

N

sultana
10-11-05, 04:09
Add further bonuses to tradeskills and you have to rebalance them again.

I am also concerned how this would affect PvP....
I doubt that PvP will be affected by this at all as it is in the outzone, and I doubt a 10 minute boost will have enough of a lasting enough impression. The only way I see this actually affecting PvP, is if the fighting is done around the place where you get the boost itself, which is fairly unlikely.

Zovos also said it should not be stackable with buffs.

About tradeskills, it doesn't particularily matter if they don't stack with buffs.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-11-05, 04:11
I doubt that PvP will be affected by this at all as it is in the outzone, and I doubt a 10 minute boost will have enough of a lasting enough impression. The only way I see this actually affecting PvP, is if the fighting is done around the place where you get the boost itself, which is fairly unlikely.

Zovos also said it should not be stackable with buffs.

About tradeskills, it doesn't particularily matter if they don't stack with buffs.
All the fighting is near that place, MB, P2 and FFs love, Cycrow

sultana
10-11-05, 04:27
What, the outzone? Or even possibly the industrial sector?

I don't think I've seen PvP there ever, either as anticity doing the crahn epic, or pro doing whatever else.

Still, non stackable buffs means you may get up to an extra +5 on whatever weapon skill you use for 10 minutes in the outzone?

ZoVoS
10-11-05, 07:54

if ur FF ur getting 3 ppu's buffin u anyway :D so it shoudlnt matter much as they are lesser buffs than a ppus bonus

and they are only suposed to be in places that are rarely used to atract more ppl to go there

Crest
11-11-05, 15:50
Yes great ideas, there are a lot of good ideas, does someone from KK make notes - me thinks not

When was the last time KK used a forum idea in game - well there is a first time for everything .....

I do remeber all the spells being changed for PPU's - that was due to someone on the fdoing all the art work before KK took it up. At least it got implimented

pabz
11-11-05, 17:14
if ur FF ur getting 3 ppu's buffin u anyway :D so it shoudlnt matter much as they are lesser buffs than a ppus bonus

and they are only suposed to be in places that are rarely used to atract more ppl to go there

Just LoL!