PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Soullight, and Faction Guards

-FN-
25-07-05, 20:02
In Patch #138 & #139, the patch notes said:

Bugfixes:
- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction, but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.

Quick Question... what the hell does that mean? I haven't seen *anything* different for allied PKers as far as this goes. If a player goes into negative sympathy - they should lose thier faction and be hostile to everything until they get one faction sympathy up to 50 and pay the 300k to join that faction, in my opinion.

Quick Suggestion... When I'm in NEXT or BT or CA Headquarters, and I see some Red Soullight guy running around, doing missions, fixing his soullight without any problems (and making a fortune while doing it, nice Reward for Red SL :rolleyes:) My fellow faction guards smile at the little bastard. If the guy is RED to me, RED to Pro-City - shouldn't the guard say "Hey, you killed our faction members, Piss off!" and fire on them?

Please add the COPBOT's Soullight AI to the Faction Guards :) You wanna get your soullight up? Head out to the wastelands like the outcast you are and do Kill missions.

Tratos
25-07-05, 20:16
If memory serves RED SL players cannot buy things from the factions vendors within the HQs, a massive penalty i know :p

Tickles
26-07-05, 00:43
No, you can. I was on like -42 and still could (Changing from DoY to NC.. massive SL hit)

Tratos
26-07-05, 00:45
Doh, sorry i meant if your on red FS with a faction, Doh!

msdong
26-07-05, 10:02
lol, yes - i remember the post in the Patch notes and ask in the german discussion thread about the "consequences of his bad reputation". The only answer i get was that its harder for all to read the chat because of all the guard warnings :p

to bad there is no real consequence like "NO vendor sellin stuff to you" or that like.

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:07
All that was achieved by this change was that people trying to change cities have a harder time doing so, because you can't get to your target factions HQ without being gunned down by every guard and his brother.

Tickles
26-07-05, 12:08
Exactly, it's ridiculous. Doing missions for the other side should not be the only way to change from city to anti-city/vice versa.

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 12:21
There was supposed to be runs to change cities, but like so many things they broke in and then stored it in the storage hall, right next to the player shops and accesoires.

Morganth
26-07-05, 12:30
There was supposed to be runs to change cities, but like so many things they broke in and then stored it in the storage hall, right next to the player shops and accesoires.

Yeah, I remember it being mentioned. Hopefully it will be introduced along with the SL rework.

Riddle
26-07-05, 12:51
Changing sides should be hard but also available through the suggested epic maybe, a seperate issue to allied killers.

-On topic
I stood in BIO HQ and saw the same FN a RED SL biotech member running around fixing his SL, I truely thought that patch meant they had fixed it so the guards would fire on them like the Copbots :D . But no :mad: ....so anyone for some allied killing? :rolleyes: