PDA

View Full Version : Lower int req of med belts

giga191
25-07-05, 19:01
I think all decent PEs would agree that medium belts are essential items for PEs (medium energy being the most popular choice). However I find that the 66 int requirement for the energy belt should be lowered to at least 63 if not 60. Currently at 66 you need 2 int giving implants (usually a combination of SF, SA and exp wep 3). I find this very restricting when trying to make unique setups for PEs and I think that it would make a big difference relative to the amount of work KK would have to do to change it. Maybe there might even be a use for the new city epic resist chips 8|

RogerRamjet
25-07-05, 19:15
Nah, its fine as it is. It means HC/Melee PEs cant use them.

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 19:17
Nah, its fine as it is. It means HC/Melee PEs cant use them.
I agree, they can get insane resists as it is already

giga191
25-07-05, 19:19
The more resists they have the more they are like the special op soldiers that I think they should be. They should be the heros of OP wars who are so independant that they can carry out tasks alone

RogerRamjet
25-07-05, 19:20
And you said about using the City Epic chips? I dont know how its restricting if u cant use a medium belt with them, ive played a PE with these chips in and trust me, its better than have a medium belt on.

ZoVoS
25-07-05, 19:21
drug for the belt...

Xeno LARD
25-07-05, 19:22
The reqs are perfectly balanced.

HC pes dont need more resists, lowtech PEs dont neccesarily need that belt, its fine.

giga191
25-07-05, 19:38
Lowtec PEs are restricted a lot by having to put in the 2 int imps which with the exp reflex 4, you can get 100 int. If you have 100 int then you may as well be hightec. So why would anybody be lowtec PE? Their speed advantage hardly makes up for their lack of damage

Disturbed21
25-07-05, 19:43
Lowtec PEs are restricted a lot by having to put in the 2 int imps which with the exp reflex 4, you can get 100 int. If you have 100 int then you may as well be hightec. So why would anybody be lowtec PE? Their speed advantage hardly makes up for their lack of damage
Guessing you mean 66 int here?
I think it's balanced fine as is *shrug*

My low tech pe wears a Med fire belt and uses a PP, NCPD chip, Move-on and SF.....he's not lacking in resists at aaaaalll ;) and u want to give him a med energy belt to boot? :p

Xeno LARD
25-07-05, 19:59

My low tech pe wears a Med fire belt and uses a PP, NCPD chip, Move-on and SF.....he's not lacking in resists at aaaaalll ;) and u want to give him a med energy belt to boot? :p
adv nerves 1 instead of a reflexbooster and you can put on the med enr belt.
Way better armor setup. ;)

Spermy
25-07-05, 20:14
I don't have any Probs using it - and my PE setup is less than exotic - i think teh only "special" Imps I got are the SF and the advanced reflexbooster 4...

Disturbed21
25-07-05, 20:24
adv nerves 1 instead of a reflexbooster and you can put on the med enr belt.
Way better armor setup. ;)
True but then you'd have to pop a redflash to make up for the missing atl/agl. *shrug*

LiL T
25-07-05, 20:24
drug for the belt...

What he said :)

If I remeber correctly my PE has 125 energy/fir/xray 438 hitpoints without drugging and still has 80 or more athletics. There is no need for more we are not meant to have tank resists and hitpoints with self buff shelter running

giga191
25-07-05, 22:50

My low tech pe wears a Med fire belt and uses a PP, NCPD chip, Move-on and SF.....he's not lacking in resists at aaaaalll ;) and u want to give him a med energy belt to boot? :p Sorry I meant dex.

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 00:28
No, the int req on the med energy belt is well placed for the various options and various setups that PEs can use.

The move to having everything at the same time is too far gone allready.

In general, PEs are (or were before the skillchanges) very well balanced, the issues about their PvP viability have nothing to do with what armour they can use.

Morganth
26-07-05, 00:53
If I remeber correctly my PE has 125 energy/fir/xray 438 hitpoints without drugging and still has 80 or more athletics. There is no need for more we are not meant to have tank resists and hitpoints with self buff shelter running

Lies :p

I get 131 FIR/ENR/XRR armour when drugged up, and 151 when I take the 4min resist drugs. Add that to a shelter and 451 hlt, and you've got quite good resistances to anything :p

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 00:56
Depends on his offence, quite possible with the new chips and a libby.

DJ has 473 hp, 130 e, 125 f/x, 45 por and 88 agl/ath. Two drugs (judge).

giga191
26-07-05, 01:40
There is 0.33% more pvp dmg when having 2 int imps in and using a med energy belt than using a city epic chip and wearing a light energy belt. Not a huge advantage considering the extra dex, hightech and wep lore the extra int imp gives

Torg
26-07-05, 11:34
no, its fine just as it is.

landofcake
26-07-05, 12:22
I agree with most of the responses in this thread, having played quite a few PE's (including STR based PE's) i've found that the Medium Energy Belt is quite well placed in terms of requirements.

my HC/MC PE had no problem with resists whatsoever without the medium energy belt, infact he had somewhere in the region of 120 - 130 for FIR, XRR and ENR with about 510hp ...

In terms of hi-tech and low-tech Pistol/Rifle PE's, again, i think it's well balanced. PE's are supposed to be a bit of a juggling act and i see no problem with having to either drug or sacrifice the space of another imp to get one of the INT implants into your head.

Spermy
26-07-05, 12:24
I'm having a dilema at the moment - Now - my resist pointage is quite wierd - but it works well - and I have, if I want, the choice of a free brain slot for either a moveon or a PPR or the mini R.

Heh - I'm stuck at the moment for taking teh moveon for the extra str and hlt - (the str is mostly for an armour boost anyways :P

OR

The PPR for resists.

IMO PE's have plenty of flexibility as it is

LTA
26-07-05, 13:19
I'm having a dilema at the moment - Now - my resist pointage is quite wierd - but it works well - and I have, if I want, the choice of a free brain slot for either a moveon or a PPR or the mini R.

Heh - I'm stuck at the moment for taking teh moveon for the extra str and hlt - (the str is mostly for an armour boost anyways :P

i go ppr less u need desperately that str.... tho 15 hp is nice but so is the resists lol

For the subject no dont make med belts lower 66 is bang on if ya ask me never been a issue in past most of my setups where light belt based but never felt the impact when i made med belt ones. Just one of them options u either pick of ya dont

sultana
26-07-05, 15:47
I'd actually go for the Moveon, cause with a Nightspider and haz1/heat1/br3 you can easily hit the 120+ resists in fire/energy/xray (around 125 in each really). And with the moveon you'll have enough left points left over for 430ish hp and 60ish to 70ish athletics. Which is probably the most balanced your going to get your con setup at without 2 resist/defence/con type chips.

Morganth
26-07-05, 15:49
I'd actually go for the Moveon, cause with a Nightspider and haz1/heat1/br3 you can easily hit the 120+ resists in fire/energy/xray (around 125 in each really). And with the moveon you'll have enough left points left over for 430ish hp and 60ish to 70ish athletics. Which is probably the most balanced your going to get your con setup at without 2 resist/defence/con type chips.

Definately, and out of the two faction epic resist chips, the MOVEON is more point effective in the majority of setups.

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 17:40
There is 0.33% more pvp dmg when having 2 int imps in and using a med energy belt than using a city epic chip and wearing a light energy belt. Not a huge advantage considering the extra dex, hightech and wep lore the extra int imp gives
I'd like to see where you get that number, or infact what it even means.

You don't need int imps to use the med belt anyway, and I'd rather not see people sticking the moveon, ppr, NCPD and DoY chips in their heads at the same time without some form of compromise.

giga191
26-07-05, 17:40
HC PEs wouldn't be able to use it after the changes anyway (zerk takes away int). Would be nice to have an actual use for the city epic chips since they have very little advantage over having another int chip in for the med belt instead of light

giga191
26-07-05, 18:05
I'd like to see where you get that number, or infact what it even means.

You don't need int imps to use the med belt anyway, and I'd rather not see people sticking the moveon, ppr, NCPD and DoY chips in their heads at the same time without some form of compromise. You think that having those imps in wouldn't gimp your damage? All players take 33% less damage than mobs (if they don't have any armor, resists etc). The you work out your armor value from your resists + armor (e.g.50 armor points = 30% absorbed damage = 70% remaining damage). You would then work out what your total remaining damage is (e.g. 33% x 0.7 = 23.1% PvP dmg). So I worked that I take 10.33% fire damage from players with SF + med energy belt where as I take 10% fire damage with the city chip in and light energy belt (all the other resists were the same).

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 18:12
I don'tt hink in the percentage dmg absorbtion values (I thought you meant something about dmg output), I work with the armour values.

And no, having all those imps in atm would probably not gimp your offence.
You can cap a libby with shit all.
And you should cirtainly not be able to use them all like that AND the med energy belt.

giga191
26-07-05, 18:45
I don'tt think in the percentage dmg absorbtion values (I thought you meant something about dmg output), I work with the armour values.

And no, having all those imps in atm would probably not gimp your offence.
You can cap a libby with shit all.
And you should cirtainly not be able to use them all like that AND the med energy belt. If you have 2 int imps in (SA, SF) you may as well be using judge instead of libby (with the 0.33% extra fire dmg and slighty slower run speed). That's assuming you were talking about having just one city chip in because you can't use libby with 2 in.

EDIT: ok, with the setup that I just whipped up, I get 125 fire with 2 int imps and 130 with the city chip in. However I get 100 dex with the extra int imp in and also 14 TC instead of 9 (which would mean less speed gimpage if I were to use judge)