PDA

View Full Version : Melee tanks

giga191
25-07-05, 17:08
I've noticed that the range check on melee tank has changed recently (somewhere patch 130+). It used to be that the only time when your saw yourself slashing an in-range target and you missed was when the enemy was running away. This was acceptable since it would be unfair if you took more damage then you should just because of the rather crappy netcode.

However this has changed so that your hits also sometimes fail to register on a stationary target. If I run up to someone and immediately slash them as soon as I'm in range, they fail to take any damage. I know that my client sees that I am within range because the blood effect is visible. This problem has made melee tanks somewhat useless because the damage hardly ever registers. Could you please change it back to the way it was? I don't remember there being this many problems with the netcode in NC1.

Selendor
25-07-05, 18:03
This is directly related to the fact that since 130, a door wont open when you run to it, a citycom also, and why you can't zone the first time you click on a cave/ug.

On each occasion the server is catching up with your client position. And despite the reply to my runcast thread, you can see the same problem when you cast a spell just after stopping, your character 'hiccups' as he waits for the server to catch up, preventing the spell fizzle. It was a hatchet job fix, and I would be embarassed if I was them. Sure it fixed the runcasting bug, but not the inherent cause of the problem.

If you want to see more examples of the problem, then look to op wars, where you hear someone day 'I'm down!' in teamspeake, a good 5 or 10 seconds before you see them die. As a PPU this is incredibly annoying as I am casting heals on people but its too late. The same for 'insta-kill' situations, which were much rarer in Neocron 1. In Neocron 2 because of the delayed client update, you can be debuffed and hit with 10 weapons before you know it, and no amount of skill can defend against it. Just another way of dying that is out of your control, and as I've always maintained, is the number 1 reason to hate a game.

What we can speculate on is whether it is the item tracking server load hit, or a recent code change, but either way it was not as bad before so its a case of Neocron going backwards rather than forwards.

Xylaz
25-07-05, 18:12
my advice for melee users: collision detection

giga191
25-07-05, 18:27
It was a hatchet job fix, and I would be embarassed if I was them. Sure it fixed the runcasting bug, but not the inherent cause of the problem.
If you want to see more examples of the problem, then look to op wars, where you hear someone day 'I'm down!' in teamspeake, a good 5 or 10 seconds before you see them die. As a PPU this is incredibly annoying as I am casting heals on people but its too late. The same for 'insta-kill' situations, which were much rarer in Neocron 1. In Neocron 2 because of the delayed client update, you can be debuffed and hit with 10 weapons before you know it, and no amount of skill can defend against it.
Just another way of dying that is out of your control, and as I've always maintained, is the number 1 reason to hate a game.
1. This is what I fear with patches. They aren't changing the basic code but instead are just putting more on top of it.

2. It's even more annoying when the person your keeping alive doesn't realise this

3. I couldn't agree more

Quite frankly, I thought I was the only one who noticed these things. If only KK played the game...

Tostino
25-07-05, 18:30
[/list] 1. This is what I fear with patches. They aren't changing the basic code but instead are just putting more on top of it.

2. It's even more annoying when the person your keeping alive doesn't realise this

3. I couldn't agree more

Quite frankly, I thought I was the only one who noticed these things. If only KK played the game...
If KK played this game... They would proly bugger off to WoW in a few months :p.

LTA
25-07-05, 18:47
If KK played this game... They would proly bugger off to WoW in a few months :p.

Thought they already had??

:p

Riddle
25-07-05, 19:39
I thought the Door effect had been instigated around the casting issue? They had reduced the distance, Hence doors,Ugs,citycoms etc had to be a hell of a lot closer to open.

Remember seeing something around that in a thread.

Selendor
26-07-05, 00:33
No for me thats not how its working. Try it. Run at a door, and stop dead while clicking on it to open it, it will say out of range. Now wait 2 seconds and try again, the door will open from the same position you are in.

I noticed it immediately after patch 130 / item tracking. There are so many doors in Neocron, you develop this 'rhythm' of opening then and ducking at exactly the right moment. Suddenly I was bashing into doors like a 5 year old walking for the first time.

Its a sad state of affairs when this kind of thing is getting worse, even though numbers are down compared to Neocron 1.

Morganth
26-07-05, 00:54
No for me thats not how its working. Try it. Run at a door, and stop dead while clicking on it to open it, it will say out of range. Now wait 2 seconds and try again, the door will open from the same position you are in.

I noticed it immediately after patch 130 / item tracking. There are so many doors in Neocron, you develop this 'rhythm' of opening then and ducking at exactly the right moment. Suddenly I was bashing into doors like a 5 year old walking for the first time.

Its a sad state of affairs when this kind of thing is getting worse, even though numbers are down compared to Neocron 1.

Yeah, its almost as if they reduced the number of times per second the client says to the server "OI, I'm over here!".

Nullvoid
26-07-05, 01:15
aye, I was running rat missions on my ppu to raise symp for a faction hop and I found I literally had to run past the rat and then turn around for my first hit to register. Or run up to the rat then stop for 2 seconds before attacking. If I just ran up and swiped right away, no joy.

giga191
26-07-05, 01:21
Just fought a melee tank, and from my client it looked like he was 10m away slashing at nothing. No wonder hits don't register :p

[PiN]Fluffy
26-07-05, 01:36
i just killed one at DRT and while he was 10-15m away on my client i was taking damage...... hmmm KK do something plz...

giga191
26-07-05, 01:44
KK this is fairly urgent. PvP is what most people play this game for, so it is vital that you fix the netcode

giga191
26-07-05, 03:37
Sorry to double post, but I've noticed a lot of randomly standing still while doing 1vs1 duels but then suddenly they warp

cornelius5
26-07-05, 04:50
i concur.
seems rather than changing spellcasting time kk (unsuccessfully) changed the netcode.
what those have to do with each other im unsure of, but it has totally screwed up pvp.
ive been hit while hiding behind cover/ stood next to a spy in stealth while i had true sight running/ fallen off mountains which i was no where near/seen bodies slide 20m immediatly after death/ and the cherry on top ... login bugs of all sorts.

are the european servers seeing the same problems? whatever kk changed , could it have only f**ked up people with pings over 150?

i think u guys at kk are holding out for another care package.

Dirus
26-07-05, 05:12

Not likely.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 05:46
Not likely.
dont follow the logic... they realize.. this game is crappy.. they look over to wow and realize... that game is better....

thats where all your players did... except us morons who still play here.

Tostino
26-07-05, 05:48
Not likely.
If you tryed to fight you would get so sick of the insane netcode lag that we are geting... I have been playing a year and a half and this is the first time I feel like the game is no fun anymore. If I am sniping somone on my Rifle Spy I don't see anyone run up but an APU appears about 5 ft away out of no where... Yeah that is so fun.

Dirus
26-07-05, 06:18
dont follow the logic... they realize.. this game is crappy.. they look over to wow and realize... that game is better....

Follow this, I'm tired of the Fantasy atmosphere so are most of the people who work on this game. I played WoW for about a month I got my Tauren Warrior upto level 43 then which by that time I got so bored of it, I let the 2 months on my account slide. If you're suprised by the fact I'm admitting I've played the game, don't be. I'd be more suprised if someone who worked on games said that they only play "their" gamers. It's funny how some people think that once you start working on games, that you're automatically not allowed to play others.

Games are funny that way, you could have the best looking most flawlessly running game in the world and I may hate playing it, just because I didn't like a game doesn't mean its not a good game,. It means that it did not appeal to me, pure and simple. If the Neocron development team was more into fantasy then Cyberpunk then they would have created Dwarfocron not Neocron.

If you tryed to fight you would get so sick of the insane netcode lag that we are geting... I have been playing a year and a half and this is the first time I feel like the game is no fun anymore. If I am sniping somone on my Rifle Spy I don't see anyone run up but an APU appears about 5 ft away out of no where... Yeah that is so fun.

I play as a Rifle Spy & a Pistol PE, along with a pure Constructer, and a Pure Researcher. Just because no one's figured out who I am doesn't mean I don't play. I work hard at not letting people know who I am for one very important reason. I want to play I don't want to waste my free time answering numerous questions people have, or being spammed to death with requests for stuff, or to be asked for favors. Watch what happens the next time I show up as Lupus, the chat lights up with 5000 questions from people all at once, with twice that amount in direct. For all anyone knows, I could be in their clan ;)

Tostino
26-07-05, 06:31
I never said you didn't "play" I said if you fought a little you (or atleast I) feel like the game is not worth playing with the netcode how it is at the moment.

[PiN]Fluffy
26-07-05, 06:52
We Must fight one Day Lupus.... You have Much to Learn Young Padawan.... ;)

LiL T
26-07-05, 07:03
Come on what was wrong or what did make you change run cast, my PE looks like shes having a fit when trying to cast blessed deflector. Every other spell is also fucked up, one other thing why can copbots now see me while I'm stealthed. I'm neg -32 sl so they respond when they see me but while stealthed they should not see me ever FIX it...

eprodigy
26-07-05, 07:49
i could hate fantasy games just as much, but if the only one that isnt fantasy is a piece of crap i'm still more likely to go to WOW then NC. it works both ways...

I play as a Rifle Spy & a Pistol PE, along with a pure Constructer, and a Pure Researcher.
good good no monks =)

LaZyBoY
26-07-05, 09:10

How is wow better?I hope your not speaking gameplay wise. o_O

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 09:14
Come on what was wrong or what did make you change run cast, my PE looks like shes having a fit when trying to cast blessed deflector. Every other spell is also fucked up, one other thing why can copbots now see me while I'm stealthed. I'm neg -32 sl so they respond when they see me but while stealthed they should not see me ever FIX it...
The thing with copbots has been there since the start of NC2, not sure how it was in NC1

bounty
26-07-05, 09:18
Lupus: you gave a very humanistic and understandable answer. I applaud you.

That said:

lupus > eprodigy

Original monk
26-07-05, 09:28
Lupus: you gave a very humanistic and understandable answer. I applaud you.

That said:

lupus > eprodigy

agreed on all points !

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 09:39
Fluffy....... We fought young padawan... You have much to learn ;)

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:00
Lupus, can you say whether you fought certain people from our very respectable community? You don't need to say when, it'd just be interesting to know if I'd fought you in disguise.

Fluffy....... We fought young padawan... You have much to learn ;)

I think I'll make this easier on everyone: ***... We fought young Padawan... You have much to learn. Thats pretty much the impression I get when I fight 95% of people, lol

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 10:11
The best pvpers quit or left.
People like Venom etc.. Even though they were allied pkers etc i kinda miss those guys.

What we have left now is a bunch of wannabees, who think pvp is zonewhoring at dre or ca hq, and the brave few who will actualy go out and raid places. Kudos to those who raid pepperpark and even plaza, like r2k and some lone pe's and spies.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 10:15
as much as i sound otherwise i dont really like wow, and i dont like fantasy games..

lupus > eprodigy
well no contest there of course..

the only thing he said though was that he didn't like wow, and that even the best games dont appeal to everyone if they hate the genre. i agree. wow doesnt appeal. nc does. thats why i started playing it, and partly why i still have a subscription.

so i guess it's true KK team wouldnt leave as there all fanbois anyway

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:23
People like Venom etc.. Even though they were allied pkers etc i kinda miss those guys.

What we have left now is a bunch of wannabees, who think pvp is zonewhoring at dre or ca hq, and the brave few who will actualy go out and raid places. Kudos to those who raid pepperpark and even plaza, like r2k and some lone pe's and spies.

The only VENOM/NCAT I couldn't kill on a consistant basis was their PPUs. They were good, but they definately weren't the best (and I am not saying I am either :rolleyes: ).

I hardly ever log my PE to kill inside the city anymore, because all that happens is you end up with some APU/PPU team that comes and ruins it for me. Recently I was running about Plaza1 and ended up fighting outside CA HQ because thats where people were at the time. Funny thing is, I made them have to zonewhore. Then of course you end up with the natural response to raiders, which is bring your friends and defend. So I ended up dying, because apparently I am a huge threat to the city that they had 3 PEs, an HC Tank and an APU/PPU team on the zoneline trying to kill me.

Tie it with the need for paraspam, and how my duels can be ruined by the toss of a simple holy heal, and I wonder whats that point of having a PE. Yeah, I tried the whole being brave thing, but it doesn't work when everyone else is so bloody awful at PvP that they either require a PPU or immense numbers in order to fight a single PE that can only be seen in public for a maximum of 3 mins before needing to get somewhere safe. I'm not saying I'll stick to a zoneline, I am more than happy to break into people's appartments for my own safety :D

I'm tempted to run a big tourny for all PEs (only) to enter, whatever their setup. Would be nice to see if there are any new above-average PEs out there.

[PiN]Fluffy
26-07-05, 10:25

Bah yea we did fight. I've only been back into the game for 2 days. Gotta let me get the hang of the AIM back. been playing to much Tactical Ops :p . Anyways Raiding as anti is useless. I go to pp3 and run into nothing but pussys who bring 8 ppus and 10 apus. Go to plaza sectors and constantly have to worry abour guards. Etc.... So us anti city only do what we can... But we do have the Map ATM maybe pro-city should organize and concentrate on taking our ops and killing us not eachother.

-FluFFy

LaZyBoY
26-07-05, 10:25
as much as i sound otherwise i dont really like wow, and i dont like fantasy games..

well no contest there of course..

the only thing he said though was that he didn't like wow, and that even the best games dont appeal to everyone if they hate the genre. i agree. wow doesnt appeal. nc does. thats why i started playing it, and partly why i still have a subscription.

so i guess it's true KK team wouldnt leave as there all fanbois anyway
Yes, fanboys of the product they work on... I cant see why they would be fans and supporters of there product.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 10:27
PEs (only)
pe only ftw!!

and honestly some of your ppu stuff lately sounds kinda like whining.. you can change to my sig any time.

Yes, fanboys of the product they work on... I cant see why they would be fans and supporters of there product.
i was sort of joking :p

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 10:30
I hardly ever log my PE to kill inside the city anymore, because all that happens is you end up with some APU/PPU team that comes and ruins it for me. Recently I was running about Plaza1 and ended up fighting outside CA HQ because thats where people were at the time. Funny thing is, I made them have to zonewhore. Then of course you end up with the natural response to raiders, which is bring your friends and defend. So I ended up dying, because apparently I am a huge threat to the city that they had 3 PEs, an HC Tank and an APU/PPU team on the zoneline trying to kill me.

Fluffy']Anyways Raiding as anti is useless. I go to pp3 and run into nothing but pussys who bring 8 ppus and 10 apus. Go to plaza sectors and constantly have to worry abour guards.

Wow that reminds me of the same scenario that happens everytime I go solo pking at crp..... :rolleyes:

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:32
Fluffy']Bah yea we did fight. I've only been back into the game for 2 days. Gotta let me get the hang of the AIM back. been playing to much Tactical Ops :p . Anyways Raiding as anti is useless. I go to pp3 and run into nothing but pussys who bring 8 ppus and 10 apus. Go to plaza sectors and constantly have to worry abour guards. Etc.... So us anti city only do what we can... But we do have the Map ATM maybe pro-city should organize and concentrate on taking our ops and killing us not eachother.

-FluFFy

I think the main problem is that we don't have anywhere to have skirmishes on a regular basis. I remember in NC1 there would be huge fights at El Farid, TG Canyon and MB. El Farid is now home to LE'd lowbies, or maybe the odd unLE'd team that is probably too inexperienced in PvP to be of any fun. MB is home to zonewhores, and TG canyon is of course inaccessible to pro-city. So apart from OP wars/CRP, the only way for a DoY person to see an enemy faction is to go poking around a city with guards that paraspam to the point its not even funny. Last time Paradox raided PP3, SoldierZ responded with a small OP force (for them, anyway). That was fairly fun, until they refused to leave the company of the PP2 guards :rolleyes:

Remove FUCKING Para KK, please.

Wow that reminds me of the same scenario that happens everytime I go solo pking at crp..... :rolleyes:

Well, think who first owned CRP. Then think how it was defended against raiders. Now, I wonder where everyone gets these bad habits from?

EDIT:

and honestly some of your ppu stuff lately sounds kinda like whining.. you can change to my sig any time.

Yeah, it could be classed as whining, but it can only be elevated to its full potential if I do it consistantly (which I don't). I hardly ever complain about PPU related things, my response it to change how I play my PPU. For example, I don't like paraspam (I'm not saying I won't use para, I'm just saying I don't go to an OP war to only para people *cough*SoldierZ*cough*FF*cough*, damn cold) or nib buffing, so I, personally, don't do it.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 10:35
only time i see paradox is with 4 ppus, couple tanks, 3-4 apus whoring the DRE syncline killing lone spies who pass by or come out of their apartment AND paraspamming them to top it off.. yeah good fights...

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 10:37
LOL.. So funny... Anticity complaining about bringing ppus to kill one pe.
Have you guys ever been at cycrow when a pro city raided the place?
Usualy within 5 minutes the zone is infested with a 2/1 ppu ratio in a 10 man team.
I used to keep on fighting before. Nowadays i just log on another char at mb for 5-10 mins untill the ppus get tired of running around finding nothing, and then i go back to the cycrow character. Makes it more anoying and brings out more people away from their thing they were doing.
But cycrow is getting boring, so last night i tagged me some doy genreps and an appartement....

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:38
only time i see paradox is with 4 ppus, couple tanks, 3-4 apus whoring the DRE syncline killing lone spies who pass by or come out of their apartment AND paraspamming them to top it off.. yeah good fights...

Ok, but I bet I wasn't there? Which means it could be any amalgamation of DoY runners, so its really doesn't bother me. If it wasn't for the paraspam, I am sure we would delve deeper into the city.

EDIT:

LOL.. So funny... Anticity complaining about bringing ppus to kill one pe.
Have you guys ever been at cycrow when a pro city raided the place?
Usualy within 5 minutes the zone is infested with a 2/1 ppu ratio in a 10 man team.

Of course I have, you are selectively forgetting that I spent most of my NC2 time as pro-city, and a lot of that was raiding CRP. The main problem is, if one single person decided that they wanted to fight the raider, some other bastard and his strap-on would ruin it for you.

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 10:40
R2K does it all the time... But then they have guts.

Selendor
26-07-05, 11:15
Excuse me children, but don't you think you've gone off topic? We were very close to having a KK employee comment on actually fighting in game with the current client update delay problems. Instead you all focused on the fact he might have fought you, and then god knows how you've ended up on a clan flame war.

You're going to get the thread closed and its too important a problem for that. Please get on topic or start a different thread.

Morganth
26-07-05, 11:26
Excuse me children, but don't you think you've gone off topic? We were very close to having a KK employee comment on actually fighting in game with the current client update delay problems. Instead you all focused on the fact he might have fought you, and then god knows how you've ended up on a clan flame war.

You're going to get the thread closed and its too important a problem for that. Please get on topic or start a different thread.

Just for you, here's my input. It seems like the server-to-client refresh rate has either been reduced or is being limited by something. This would explain why when you kill a person/mob, they slide to their actual distance as the server reminds you of where they are. This goes the same for people teleporting and clipping, because your client will be told "Player X is here", then "Player X is 50 ft away", and because the game engine knows very well that you have to walk from A to B to get there, it draws you literally going from A to B, because it hasn't been told you in fact went round a corner and down a flight of stairs, for example.

The netcode needs to be refined so that it can support a higher refresh rate without causing a huge amount of lag, which would mean that although a person may already be on the other side of the wall, you will see them run around it even if its a second out. I don't mind seeing people do things after they themselves have physically pressed the buttons to do it, but I do mind not being able to kill someone because they've slid through a wall without knowing.

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 11:26
I'm tempted to run a big tourny for all PEs (only) to enter, whatever their setup. Would be nice to see if there are any new above-average PEs out there.
Btw, if you want to measure pure skill the best way is to make a tourny for hc tanks, since pretty much all decent tanks have close to the same setup (only real difference is with or without PA). PEs on the other hand is more a question of who's willing to take the most drugs for better armor/weapons/psi spells/resists/runspeed/etc., whereas for tanks drugs doesn't really have a big impact, which is why 90% of all tanks don't take drugs (it's mostly those that have both HC/MC that do)

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 12:24
It's funny how MC is affected.
Some chars seem to be unable to hit me at all because of it, and then there's other melee users that now seem to register every swing, even though i'm running away from them.

Morganth
26-07-05, 12:29
Btw, if you want to measure pure skill the best way is to make a tourny for hc tanks, since pretty much all decent tanks have close to the same setup (only real difference is with or without PA). PEs on the other hand is more a question of who's willing to take the most drugs for better armor/weapons/psi spells/resists/runspeed/etc., whereas for tanks drugs doesn't really have a big impact, which is why 90% of all tanks don't take drugs (it's mostly those that have both HC/MC that do)

I want to measure skill on a PE, thats why I said PE only. If I wanted to test skill at aiming, I'd play CS:S a lot more. Skill with a PE is not only aiming, but its down to your setup and how you play. You could have the best aim in the world, but with a badly thought out play style and a poor setup, you are useless.

And on the topic of PEs and drugs, as previous PEs have stated, their armour is pretty close to mine without resist drugs (which I hardly ever take because they can't be mass-made), the only difference is I have a higher damage output. However, seeing as I know for a fact that said PEs have taken down enough APUs in their time to know how to deal with high damage dealers, I don't see why I am any different. PEs are pretty equally matched when it comes down to setups, because there aren't a hundred and one possibilities, you just have to be good at using your setup effectively.

LTA
26-07-05, 12:34
However, seeing as I know for a fact that said PEs have taken down enough APUs in their time to know how to deal with high damage dealers, I don't see why I am any different. PEs are pretty equally matched when it comes down to setups, because there aren't a hundred and one possibilities, you just have to be good at using your setup effectively.

TAR setup for the win :p

Just dance the night away who needs resists if your a good dodger found with apus dmg boost is not a good idea less u get the jump coz in the few seconds of casting dmg boost thats like 3/4 hls :(

Only thing i could really think for melee is to take away some of the rof for a bit higher dmg or something so the server dosent have to register as many hits per second as it currently does givin it maybe a little leeway for more calculations either way just dont increase the shocker anymore :p

Morganth
26-07-05, 12:43
TAR setup for the win :p

Just dance the night away who needs resists if your a good dodger found with apus dmg boost is not a good idea less u get the jump coz in the few seconds of casting dmg boost thats like 3/4 hls :(

Bingo, plus APUs will go down pretty fast without a DB, provided you don't drop first :rolleyes:

Only thing i could really think for melee is to take away some of the rof for a bit higher dmg or something so the server dosent have to register as many hits per second as it currently does givin it maybe a little leeway for more calculations either way just dont increase the shocker anymore :p

The melee problem is because of the netcode, so once they deal with that then the melee problem should fix itself.

CMaster
26-07-05, 12:46
It's funny how MC is affected.
Some chars seem to be unable to hit me at all because of it, and then there's other melee users that now seem to register every swing, even though i'm running away from them.

Nothing quite beats the time my spy was stood on top of CRP mountain, and a melee tank was slashing the bottom of the mountain, then I died. I spent a moment just going "Whhhhaaattt" until I realised it was just crazy clinet-server-client missmatch.

Morganth
26-07-05, 12:51
Nothing quite beats the time my spy was stood on top of CRP mountain, and a melee tank was slashing the bottom of the mountain, then I died. I spent a moment just going "Whhhhaaattt" until I realised it was just crazy clinet-server-client missmatch.

Yeah, that can happen a lot, especially when you are near a ledge. I find if someone runs up a fairly steep slope that they will stick to it for a moment before popping up somewhere further on. Can't complain, nothing like trying to kill someone thats standing still on your screen :lol:

Riddle
26-07-05, 14:23
Never tried a melee tank before this week and have seen loads of 'net code' errors if thats what it is :(

Every time I try to kill a wolf and he runs i do like 70 a swipe at the moment(Yes Lv 8/7) but his bar don't go down :( so i either have to run round in front or wait for him to come back.

Need sorting really this must piss people off in Op wars tbh.

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 14:37
You think wolves are bad????

Try spiderbots :angel:

Riddle
26-07-05, 14:43
You think wolves are bad????

Try spiderbots :angel:

I did....and then strangely found myself in my apartment? :lol:

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 14:43
PEs are pretty equally matched when it comes down to setups, because there aren't a hundred and one possibilities, you just have to be good at using your setup effectively.
And that's exactly where you are wrong, I'm not going to line up every possible setup for a PE but compared to a tank where it's only really viable to be either HC or MC (or both) the PE has a vast amount of possibilites. And because you want to do it with PEs are rpobably most likely because you know you'll have an edge versus other people because you know noone takes as many drugs as you. How many is it you boast with? 6? And with resist drugs 10?

Morganth
26-07-05, 14:54
And that's exactly where you are wrong, I'm not going to line up every possible setup for a PE but compared to a tank where it's only really viable to be either HC or MC (or both) the PE has a vast amount of possibilites. And because you want to do it with PEs are rpobably most likely because you know you'll have an edge versus other people because you know noone takes as many drugs as you. How many is it you boast with? 6? And with resist drugs 10?

I take 5, and with resist drugs that makes it 9. I don't boast it, I state it so people can get a rough idea of what my setup is. The only PE that has ever beaten me in a duel is Tostino, and he takes a maximum of 2 drugs I think. If you want to beat me, just force me to stay around for 4 mins. Then I am screwed. Or, you will have to rely on your self-confidence that you can beat someone who kills most classes before I go below half health. I wouldn't get very far in the tourny anyway, my ability to aim goes in bursts. Sometimes I will never miss a shot with my Slasher, other times I'd have more luck with a mini-rocket launcher pistol. So if you want, you can think of my setup as a safety net to my inability to perform consistantly :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 15:01
Ah but that's also the weakspot of pe's and drugged spies.

I've survived only one midfight blind on knees drugflash (being in local of enemy) so far and that was yesterday (killed him too).

You can't compare a highly drugged up setup a non drugged setup.

I can make a drugged melee tank that will shock you and then drop you because he'll run around you faster than you can turn your head.

Morganth
26-07-05, 15:04
Ah but that's also the weakspot of pe's and drugged spies.

I've survived only one midfight blind on knees drugflash (being in local of enemy) so far and that was yesterday (killed him too).

You can't compare a highly drugged up setup a non drugged setup.

I can make a drugged melee tank that will shock you and then drop you because he'll run around you faster than you can turn your head.

Yeah, the limiting factor on all drug setups is of course the drugs. I have 3 mins of being combat effective, or 4 if I don't take resist drugs. So if I don't fight someone in that time, and make it a good fight, I have just wasted my drugs and also my own time. However, on my old Judge setup, I was safe for 9 mins before needing to redrug (I used Redflash for the runspeed).

EDIT: And in response to you MC tank Bugs, I can make a tank setup that caps health, ENR and FIR resist in CON using 3 drugs. Tie that with a Haz3 and 2 more drugs, and you can cap XRR and get close to capping POR in CON too. Last 4 mins, mind :lol:

giga191
26-07-05, 18:23
Stop talking about drugs and PEs plz

Back on topic: the lower the refresh rate of the player positions the further behind the other players will see you than you see yourself on your own client. They have to have it like this or they wouldn't have enough coordinates to make the movement look fluid. The other bad thing about low refresh rate is running through stuff, as someone else pointed out

Dirus
26-07-05, 18:34
I only PvP when I get bored or when I have to, my Pistol PE is for PvP, my rifle spy is the main char I play, and is usually setup based on what mobs I'm hunting. I'm more into collecting things then I am fighting these days. In NC1 I had a stack of 10 of every single blueprint you could get in the game spanned across 3-4 apartments. I had 5 full sets of rares all in parts, I had a full set of MC5's in parts. And I was working on my 5 slot weapon collection.. My goal was to have one of every single Item ingame and to have a 5 slot of each and every weapon. I'm currently rebuilding my collection again in NC2.

You may have fought me, you may not have, and I guess you'll never know ;) I did alot more PvP in NC1 then i do these days.. Back on saturn in the days of Starkes, AndyCap, Blade, Mr something.. (he was a spy.. always after my for First Love parts...) ect. I used to torment Sh0dan's old clan back when they owned a large portion of the map.

As for the new found lag with the netcode. It's being worked on, we're well aware of whats happening.

giga191
26-07-05, 18:55
As for the new found lag with the netcode. It's being worked on, we're well aware of whats happening. Never doubted you for a moment ;)
That's all I wanted to hear

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 19:00
As for the new found lag with the netcode. It's being worked on, we're well aware of whats happening.
Neat, was getting annoying with all the warping around.

PS: I got an idea as to who your pe might be, but don't worry I won't tell anyone :p

giga191
26-07-05, 19:08
PS: I got an idea as to who your pe might be, but don't worry I won't tell anyone :p Are you lupus?

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 19:17
Are you lupus?
Who knows?? Would explain why quite a few people accuse me of using exploits/hax :lol:

giga191
26-07-05, 19:18
Who knows?? Would explain why quite a few people accuse me of using exploits/hax :lol: I know that your not lupus :p

Your way too good to be lupus (no offence lupus ;))

Morganth
26-07-05, 19:40
Darg, what are your characters on Terra?

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 19:59
Darg, what are your characters on Terra?
I've mentioned them quite a few times lately, not least in my PK movie thread, but I'll do it again :p
Sir Crashalot - HC tank
Spyware - Rifle spy
Carpe Diem - Pistol PE
Morbid Angel - APU hyb

::edit::
I don't recall ever meeting you in game btw, so they probably don't say you alot

Original monk
26-07-05, 20:09
ow intresting so these are all the same person :)

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 20:13
ow intresting so these are all the same person :)
I don't recall ever meeting you either :wtf:

Morganth
26-07-05, 21:17
I've mentioned them quite a few times lately, not least in my PK movie thread, but I'll do it again :p
Sir Crashalot - HC tank
Spyware - Rifle spy
Carpe Diem - Pistol PE
Morbid Angel - APU hyb

::edit::
I don't recall ever meeting you in game btw, so they probably don't say you alot

Did you use to play on Saturn and hang around the MB area on your tank?

I recognize your names, just never had the "pleasure" of duelling you. Although, I remember fighting you on Carpe Diem at one of the FF fight nights, when you used an Exec.

EDIT:

I don't recall ever meeting you either :wtf:

Don't worry, Original has claimed to be DRE for ages in NC1, and I never saw him around or at the faction meetings :p (I was in the only DRE clan on Saturn, "The Alliance", when I started playing NC)

eprodigy
26-07-05, 21:28
ah your apu hyb is one of the few monks who fights alone :) and one of the few that i still fear when alone :p

giga191
26-07-05, 21:31
Sir Crashalot - HC tank
Spyware - Rifle spy
Carpe Diem - Pistol PE
Morbid Angel - APU hyb

I was happy when you first mentioned these because it narrowed down the amount of people that I can't beat

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 21:50
Did you use to play on Saturn and hang around the MB area on your tank?

Yea I did, was in -pro- at the beginning (had a char in ND as well but noone knew), running around pk'ing nd/cartel at crp/tg canyon. Then when -pro- got somewhat inactive I joined Cartel. My chars were beside Spyware/Sir Crashalot my PE X-Rated which I pk'ed alot with Nish & Vettero at MB/TH and my kami hyb (after kami nerf) Emmerald 'Deadeye' Flint (even won a kk run tourny on him yay and got a mc5 chip....but never got to duel the GM that was promised......*hint* LiquidMetal *hint*)

I recognize your names, just never had the "pleasure" of duelling you. Although, I remember fighting you on Carpe Diem at one of the FF fight nights, when you used an Exec.

Ahh so you were the melee pe that noone except I could beat....and damn you for going for me all the time at the FFA...I would have won :lol:

Morganth
26-07-05, 21:54
Yea I did, was in -pro- at the beginning (had a char in ND as well but noone knew), running around pk'ing nd/cartel at crp/tg canyon. Then when -pro- got somewhat inactive I joined Cartel. My chars were beside Spyware/Sir Crashalot my PE X-Rated which I pk'ed alot with Nish & Vettero at MB/TH and my kami hyb (after kami nerf) Emmerald 'Deadeye' Flint (even won a kk run tourny on him yay and got a mc5 chip....but never got to duel the GM that was promised......*hint* LiquidMetal *hint*)

Aah, I remember running away from you as soon as I saw you on local, lol. I was DRE at the time, and you were Cartel, which made me a dead man :lol:

Ahh so you were the melee pe that noone except I could beat....and damn you for going for me all the time at the FFA...I would have won :lol:

Nah, that was Tostino, I was the Judge PE that took about 5 mins to kill Silvana, damn libby PEs!

giga191
26-07-05, 22:17
Emmerald 'Deadeye' Flint

I remember emmerald. Turns out that all the people that I thought were good are the same person :p

BTW I really hate saying nice thing about people...*shudders*

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 22:23
Nah, that was Tostino, I was the Judge PE that took about 5 mins to kill Silvana, damn libby PEs!
Really? I don't recall fighting anyone else at that tourny O_o

BTW I really hate saying nice thing about people...*shudders*
I know exactly what you mean ;)

Morganth
27-07-05, 00:22
Really? I don't recall fighting anyone else at that tourny O_o

I know exactly what you mean ;)

It was in the FFA, not a duel