PDA

View Full Version : FRE response

Mr Friendly
25-07-05, 14:53
Ive seen quite a few patches recently that have said they fixed an fre issue or some prob that was creating fres/lag etc...yet still, over about 2 1/2 years the FREs are still around & frequent.

Would the people be able to get a response from a GM who works or is working on the FRE issue as to why exactly this FRE prob is so hard to get rid of?

I dont know jack about programming, c++, game coding etc so, im sure the ppl of this game dont want to hear some player's knowledge of coding as that player is not over there with the GMs ;)

Tratos
25-07-05, 14:56
Im not working on the code and im not working on preventing FREs, im not working for KK hell i dont even have a job, lol but the FREs are still here as there shit loads of things that cause them so it takes ages to sift through the countless lines of code that is Neocron to find them all.

Riddle
25-07-05, 15:01
A fair question with probably a complicated answer.

However annoying these FRE's tend to be I did kind of accept that with the amount of DATA be processed these are inevitable...but on reflection it can happen when im doing fuck all.

So why is it i see no real probs when 30+ chars are going at it , Holy Lightning, Devs, Plasma cannons etc. etc. yet when i am just minding my own business walking along i FRE???

numb
25-07-05, 16:07
I think the major problem is they are not easily reproduceable. I think maybe more information code be produced in the callstack logs if KK had a look at a large sample from support, and found a function a lot of them ended at and put a lot more detail around it. Then those functions could be tested with the against the data, and also at least they could be looked at in more detail.

KK may already do this, but I doubt it. I was told by support/bugreport in NC1 to stop sending them my callstacks everytime I crashed, it was about 10 times a day though ;) Still, that data could be useful if managed properly.