PDA

View Full Version : Good job on the anti-cheat measures, KK!

Nvidia
24-07-05, 19:01
Just wanted to say thanks per the announcement at the top of the page about the cheating going on. I'm glad you guys are still watching and banning those stupid enough to try to interfere with the hard work of others.

Keep up the good work, and I appluad you for not compromising your integrity to your other customers despite what banning could possibly be hundreds of accounts might do to the player-base.

I don't know how many people were caught cheating, but great job, whether that be 1 or 1,000 people. Nice job KK. :)

Xylaz
24-07-05, 19:28
Players who used these tools "only" once for testing purposes, can consider themselves warned

o_O

Exioce
24-07-05, 19:32
what cheating tools are being referred to here? autoaims and the like? or just macro programs for tradeskillers and such?

Xylaz
24-07-05, 19:37
things like sync-bots, FRE-macros etc ...

Spermy
24-07-05, 20:06
things like sync-bots, FRE-macros etc ...

Heh - deadly than an APU on heat - A SYNC BOT!

RogerRamjet
24-07-05, 21:05
Synch Bots and FRE macros? Youre taking the mick right?

Nidhogg
24-07-05, 21:14
Discussion of exploits or client hacks is not allowed, so please be careful with what you post. A warning has been given so there can be no excuses.

N

Dr Strange
24-07-05, 21:35
what cheating tools are being referred to here? autoaims and the like? or just macro programs for tradeskillers and such?

I don't think it was tradeskilling macros. Though KK still says macros are not allowed, there are plenty of people that use them or have at least tried them. Course personally I think theres a large difference in say, someone using an aimbot-style hack to help them win a fight, verus say a macro to let them automatically do tl 150 research missions while they sleep.

Spermy
24-07-05, 22:22
Synch Bots and FRE macros? Youre taking the mick right?

Heh, yeah. :p

but my spider sense tingles when I fatal at an op fight :lol:

I don't think it was tradeskilling macros. Though KK still says macros are not allowed, there are plenty of people that use them or have at least tried them. Course personally I think theres a large difference in say, someone using an aimbot-style hack to help them win a fight, verus say a macro to let them automatically do tl 150 research missions while they sleep.

I don't agree.

Macro or aimbot - they're all the same - making the problem disappear, rather than tackling it themselves

Morganth
24-07-05, 22:54
Well until KK start paying attention to the MAC address' loging into every account, they will never keep anyone who is banned permanently away from NC.

KKs ability to track macro's will depend on how much information the client sends to the server (whether it just gives a final result, or all the steps on the way, if you know what I mean) and also how effective the client timestamps each packet sent to the server.

-FN-
24-07-05, 23:46
So if we have absolutely no clue what the hell anyone is talking about, does that mean we can just ignore the announcement? :wtf:

Well until KK start paying attention to the MAC address' loging into every account, they will never keep anyone who is banned permanently away from NC.
MAC addresses live on the 2nd layer of the OSI Model :rolleyes: KK can't do anything with data they can't get.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 23:47
So if we have absolutely no clue what the hell anyone is talking about, does that mean we can just ignore the announcement? :wtf:
I think so, Im just gonna keep doing the same thing I do.

Mighty Max
24-07-05, 23:53
MAC addresses live on the 2nd layer of the OSI Model :rolleyes: KK can't do anything with data they can't get.

Ohh, it would be possible, but any modern Card/Driver Combo lets the admin override the mac addr. And even a new network card is only 5$ ...

Dr Strange
25-07-05, 00:29

KKs ability to track macro's will depend on how much information the client sends to the server (whether it just gives a final result, or all the steps on the way, if you know what I mean) and also how effective the client timestamps each packet sent to the server.

A new Ethernet card is cheap these days

If anything they'd had to start banning based solely of ISP's. Blocking out entire ones would be the longterm key. I mean theres only so many ISP's, whereas as long as you've got $15 you can grab a new Ethernet card..

ZoVoS
25-07-05, 00:36
bah take a leaf out of C2P

:P ask for a phone number and phone the ppl who are signing up

*ring ring*
KK ;- DID WE BAN U
User :- er no...
kk :- YE WE DID, i recognise ur voice
*acount revoked*

=P

giga191
25-07-05, 01:54
There should be a 2 day temp ban for macroing (never perma ban because then we have no one left). Shouldn't be too hard to track someone who is getting the same amount of xp at regular time intevals for 10 hours straight

zii
25-07-05, 02:01
Ohh, it would be possible, but any modern Card/Driver Combo lets the admin override the mac addr. And even a new network card is only 5$ ...

You're MAC address is never recieved by KK. KK will get an IP address. Your MAC address is only valid on the network you are on, and contary to popular belief they are not unique.

IceStorm
25-07-05, 02:15
You're MAC address is never recieved by KK.It can be if the client records it and sends it as part of the login process. While it isn't embedded in every IP packet, there's no reason they can't obtain and track that sort of information from your PC.
and contary to popular belief they are not unique.Seeing as how MAC-48 was superceeded by EUI-48, and EUI-48 stands for Extended Unique Identifier, I'd say they're intended to be unique. Yes, they have been reused by companies in the past, but they're not supposed to be.

Bugs Gunny
25-07-05, 09:13
Anyone can change the mac address of their card.
Also anyone can go out and get a new paybycash acount on a fake name.

I've seen enough people ingame who were banned in nc1.
The only punnishment a ban gives is the fact you lose your chars and all contents. But if you have some good friends ingame you're up and running again in a week tops.

My guess is some people are back to using certain known NC1 cheat programs. Maybe some new ones surfaced.

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 09:22
There should be a 2 day temp ban for macroing (never perma ban because then we have no one left). Shouldn't be too hard to track someone who is getting the same amount of xp at regular time intevals for 10 hours straight
You mean there wouldn't be any FF left? :lol:

Original monk
25-07-05, 09:36

The only punnishment a ban gives is the fact you lose your chars and all contents. But if you have some good friends ingame you're up and running again in a week tops.

My guess is some people are back to using certain known NC1 cheat programs. Maybe some new ones surfaced.

agreed bugs

edit: also im curious about how many people got the banhammer, but yes cheatz cannot be discussed, guess well find out laterz :)

RogerRamjet
25-07-05, 10:38
Personally i see no reason why people who are banned shouldnt be allowed a second account. If they want to play they wont cheat again, and if theyre dumb enough too then theyll have to face the punishment.

Nidhogg
25-07-05, 10:41
Personally i see no reason why people who are banned shouldnt be allowed a second account. If they want to play they wont cheat again, and if theyre dumb enough too then theyll have to face the punishment.
That's about the long and short of it. People can always get around a ban but in doing so they have to pay for a new account and if they cheat again they will be logged and banned again. Rince and repeat.

N

Nullvoid
25-07-05, 13:14

I like the way you assume pretty much everyone macros? It's like in cs/cs:s when the cheaters get caught and then they come out with such wonders as "now don't tell me you've never downloaded or tried hax" Amazingly no, quite a large number of people haven't and never will, what a strange concept ehh.

Spermy
25-07-05, 13:16

O_o

no one left? so you assume everyone does it?

sign of a guilty mind perhaps?

Riddle
25-07-05, 13:29
Ban them all :D

I hate the fact I might sit there for hours and hours levelling or Tradeskilling when people can bypass this and be asleep whilst it works!

you gotta put the work in to get the result out!
And yes it pisses me off that I have to put in more hard work than cheats!! and probably for less result but you know what?
Cheatz,hax whatever you wanna call them are for Kidz or people who have no bloody skill in order to play the game for what it is.

Also fucks the economy, Ruins PvP and if i'm guessing right used to make allied killing Bad SL a hell of a lot easier to deal with ;)

Fuck em! Ban em all!

....er yes i may be annoyed sorry just one of my pet hates! Seen to much of it in CS

Bugs Gunny
25-07-05, 13:50
I heard a rumour that the whole problem with the fixing sl with bp's thing is going to be patched away soon.
Good thing imo, except for those poor old mercs.

Original monk
25-07-05, 14:22
I heard a rumour that the whole problem with the fixing sl with bp's thing is going to be patched away soon.

idd poor old mercs, why not replace the merc faction with the AB faction ? hint hint lol

Dirus
25-07-05, 15:46

You're goin to need the same base skill in Research as the item's TL. if you you're doing the TL150 mission, you're going to need 150 Research. Base meaning no drugs, implants, or buffs will help you try and get around this.

Tickles
25-07-05, 16:07
So basically you're making it EVEN harder to change from DoY to City/Vice-versa?

Toxen
25-07-05, 16:07
Ok lupus that is taking the piss. With imps, buffs and drug's yea ok thats a sound idea but base? If your going to do this the mission selection system needs to be scrapped and change so you can better select the type of mission you want. You need to think carefully as this will piss off the community alot and is not something the game could do with right now.

Bugs Gunny
25-07-05, 16:08
That's rather harsh for hybrid tradeskillers.
They'll meet the reqs and above with imps and buffs but not a natural 150.
Mine for instance researches 195 and that's with all imps, glove, no factory and no buffs, cst 150, rep 160 with swapping gloves and he's also my dedicated pilot. So now you're saying that i can no longer do those missions because i have a highly tuned char? Just as i was about to lom to a setup that made me poke tl115 too with lower cst for making more cash while being in th.....

I can imagine the reqs put on, i'm also very aware of the reasons, but natural to the tl of the missions??? No pker will pull all his imps and get a cst3 bonus to get rid of a bit of neg sl with a tl60 mission. At the rate the lower missions give him sl he's better off asking that buffing ppu to accompany him to the sewers where he uses his epic weapon to kill aggies, just like in the old nc1 days.

This measure will indeed make pkers get their sl back up in a different fashion but also screws over the lower level or hybrid researchers.

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:08
edit: also im curious about how many people got the banhammer, but yes cheatz cannot be discussed, guess well find out laterz :)

The MMORPG I played before coming to NC always posted the character names of people that had got banned on the forums, so that people knew when a well-known cheater had his/her bubble burst.

They should do that for NC, I'd love to know who was banned out of the 40-odd that was announced a few months ago.

IceStorm
25-07-05, 16:11
So basically you're making it EVEN harder to change from DoY to City/Vice-versa?It's not hard go to from DoY to NC if you go through CM on the way, other than if you're TG you'll have to go through another DoY faction before going CM.

I do agree it's going to be more difficult to raise alts, but I'll deal. Not like I can't pop 70 research into a new gimp, level his FS, then LoM it out.

ZoVoS
25-07-05, 16:13
That's about the long and short of it. People can always get around a ban but in doing so they have to pay for a new account and if they cheat again they will be logged and banned again. Rince and repeat.

N

huzarr good way for kk to gain revenue =] i just hope there watching teh sneaky ppl only paying for a month at a time so they dont lose to much money... *looks at him self* i mean the sneaky ppl paying for 3 months at a time so they dont look suspicious and still dont lose that much money :angel:

btw isnt that like 81 lvls of int having to be invested in reserch to do the highest lvl bp's

CMaster
25-07-05, 16:16
Agreed - tradeskillers are somwhat reliant on their buffs etc - when you start throwing op bonuses into it, its quite possible to do TL150 missions with less than 50 base.
make it 30 skill or 20% below. Or make it allow imps and buffs...

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:17
huzarr good way for kk to gain revenue =] i just hope there watching teh sneaky ppl only paying for a month at a time so they dont lose to much money... *looks at him self* i mean the sneaky ppl paying for 3 months at a time so they dont look suspicious and still dont lose that much money :angel:

Or, the sneaky people that have to pay one month at a time, because that is what their financial situation allows for. Gotta watch out for them, they might be students!

Toxen
25-07-05, 16:19
* Request for lupus's Ress mission post and responses be seperated and made into a seperate Thread please.

Original monk
25-07-05, 16:21
Or, the sneaky people that have to pay one month at a time, because that is what their financial situation allows for. Gotta watch out for them, they might be students!

OMG students ! grmbl criminals ! :p

lol yust kidding, my 3 account all have another payment lol ... PBC and C2P, think its a month, 3 month and 6 month or euh a month and 2 times 6 month :P LOL sounds dodgy o_O

Clobber
25-07-05, 16:24
The MMORPG I played before coming to NC always posted the character names of people that had got banned on the forums, so that people knew when a well-known cheater had his/her bubble burst.

They should do that for NC, I'd love to know who was banned out of the 40-odd that was announced a few months ago.

Definately, name and shame them please KK ;)

Sakletare
25-07-05, 16:31
You're goin to need the same base skill in Research as the item's TL. if you you're doing the TL150 mission, you're going to need 150 Research. Base meaning no drugs, implants, or buffs will help you try and get around this.
That's one "loophole" fixed, but you can still easily do agressor missions for SL. Doesn't take long for ally PK:ers to get the SL up by using those.

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:32
My main accounts are on 6 month subby's, because I'm a tight arse and want to save my £4 a month.

Definately, name and shame them please KK ;)

Yeah, with a rough outline of what they did to get banned, so you don't get the NC community's rendition on how things went. Like when a handful of PAIN members were trying to convince people that the only cheats that were in existance were the "Papa Smurf Smurfette Doggy Style cheat" and the "Superman PA exploit". :lol:

giga191
25-07-05, 16:58
You mean there wouldn't be any FF left? :lol: because FF needs the money after owning those OPs for so long...:rolleyes:

If anyone is in doubt about whether or not I macro myself, feel free to look up all my chars on the citycoms. On the note of why I assume a lot of people macro, it is because I see people offering ridiculous amounts of money for stuff, buying techs, openly admitting to me that money isn't a problem because they macro. Can you blame me for being suspicious?

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 17:10
because FF needs the money after owning those OPs for so long...:rolleyes:

If anyone is in doubt about whether or not I macro myself, feel free to look up all my chars on the citycoms. On the note of why I assume a lot of people macro, it is because I see people offering ridiculous amounts of money for stuff, buying techs, openly admitting to me that money isn't a problem because they macro. Can you blame me for being suspicious?
Money isn't exactly the only thing you get from doing tl150 bps :rolleyes:

giga191
25-07-05, 17:16
Money isn't exactly the only thing you get from doing tl150 bps :rolleyes: I'm sure you know all about it

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 17:24
I'm sure you know all about it
Indeed, I tried leveling a 0/2 resser with missions and got to 50 INT, got bored and deleted the char

giga191
25-07-05, 17:27
Indeed, I tried leveling a 0/2 resser with missions and got to 50 INT, got bored and deleted the char Thanks for sharing that with us

Selendor
25-07-05, 18:14
I think we all need to think through the implications of Lupus' post, but I am cautiously welcoming of it. You could argue this one mission type has screwed up the economy, encouraged ally pking, and encouraged people to Macro. This nerf could be very good, but is it too late to save the economy?

Regarding negative soulight killers, at least this way they would have to cross a combat zone to get their aggie mission, which is of course leaving them open to retribution for their actions...

Imhotep
25-07-05, 18:50
ok.. so its ok to mass produce and sell 150bp's as log as you dont macro to build em?

asume its ok due to wts's on trade chan.....

Fafhrd
25-07-05, 18:53

Regarding the MAC Adress: of course it can be changed.
If ReaKKtor would like to id the players they could use s/n of the cpu, harddisks, memory(?), motherboard(?) or any other connected device that has a serialnumber.

Is ReaKKtor allowed to do so? I dunno.

hegemon
25-07-05, 19:06

You mean you're screwing hybrid tradeskillers, anyone who wants to switch sides without loosing soullight, making it even more necessary to exploit the rhino repair to cap dex on monks and also reducing the number of slots on low level stuff (just try to build a lot of tl 3 heals with 140 CST vs. 230 CST and compare the number of slots if you don't understand what I'm talking about).

All that to fix what problem? Ally killers that barely exist anymore? Macroing researchers? Something else unspecified?

Check list for evaluating solutions to problems:
1. What's the system you're trying to change?
2. What are the problems with that system?
3. How well does the solution solve the problems?
4. What other problems does the solution introduce?
5. Are the added problems worth it?

Don't do anything until you've answered those questions.

(those five questions are freely adapted from the 5 questions about security used by Bruce Schneier in "Beyond Fear", recommended reading).

Toxen
25-07-05, 19:21
I hate to say but theres a pattern emerging of trading some big problems for some a larger number of small problems. a memory leak there for a lock up here, nerfing a bugged mob that can insta kill fully buffed ppu's rather than removing it completely or fixing it.

Brammers
25-07-05, 19:44

I would had thought TL150 with implants would be fairer. Dont think even my TL195 researcher has 150 base. *Goes to check*

Edit: Not even close - 135+60 from implants (Including glove)

Dirus
25-07-05, 19:49
Edit: faster and easier if I just make a new thread devoted to the issue.

eprodigy
25-07-05, 20:01
couldnt i still just run the TL20's and just stick a glove/cst1ish to run them?

and yes those bp's are extremly helpful for leveling dex on a monk, or capping a new spy/pe/tanks psi (+int on tank)..

-FN-
25-07-05, 20:12
That's one "loophole" fixed, but you can still easily do agressor missions for SL. Doesn't take long for ally PK:ers to get the SL up by using those.

Where? In Plaza 1 or 2? Once one person sees a Red SL person running back and forth, people will be on them like white on rice. Other than leaving the city and doing cyclops missions at MB or raptor missions at Grant or something - raising your SL will be a little more difficult and a lot less rewarding in the way of Exp & Cash rewards from research missions.

I'm 100% all for this change - although the base req is kinda harsh - implants should be allowed, but not PSI buffs or drugs. That means you'll have to have 75 BASE INT with every point into Research - which for anyone who picks up *any* other skill, will hurt. I suppose there are the lower TL Missions, but *shrug* not counting implants is rough. Even if a player pops in a TH CPU (+10), SS (+10), Hawking (+10), and Adv Nerves 3 (+15), that's still 105 Research Base which is a hell of a lot of points... *shrug*

Xeno LARD
25-07-05, 20:14
Where? In Plaza 1 or 2? Once one person sees a Red SL person running back and forth, people will be on them like white on rice. Other than leaving the city and doing cyclops missions at MB or raptor missions at Grant or something - raising your SL will be a little more difficult and a lot less rewarding in the way of Exp & Cash rewards from research missions.

I'm 100% all for this change - although the base req is kinda harsh - implants should be allowed, but not PSI buffs or drugs. That means you'll have to have 75 BASE INT with every point into Research - which for anyone who picks up *any* other skill, will hurt. I suppose there are the lower TL Missions, but *shrug* not counting implants is rough. Even if a player pops in a TH CPU (+10), SS (+10), Hawking (+10), and Adv Nerves 3 (+15), that's still 105 Research Base which is a hell of a lot of points... *shrug*
I completely agree. Make implants count, leave drugs, gloves and buffs out.

Toxen
25-07-05, 20:41
Of course this will make alot of the poker-resser traders drop poking. And its not as if we already have a shortage of pokers. If this gets implemented, you may aswell setup autopoke npcs in major locations.

-FN-
25-07-05, 20:42
*further thinking*

Research Gloves... make that a base of 90, which now isn't that hard to reach I'm thinking. It would seem as if Pures can do the highest TL Res missions, while Hybrids will have to do the lower level - but that's also how PSI Hybrids are, never use the best of anything... so maybe it's not so bad *shrug*

We probably should direct Research Mission talk here though:

CityCom Mission Discussion Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127103)

Nullvoid
25-07-05, 21:39
Am I alone in having a hybrid tradeskiller who has absolutely no interest in doing tl 150 res/cst missions? Even though I feel strongly that the 150 level req should be inclusive of implants, I don't see how a tradeskiller is suddenly not viable if you can't do the highest tl missions?

Asatru
25-07-05, 22:22
Am I alone in having a hybrid tradeskiller who has absolutely no interest in doing tl 150 res/cst missions? Even though I feel strongly that the 150 level req should be inclusive of implants, I don't see how a tradeskiller is suddenly not viable if you can't do the highest tl missions?

agreed.

LiL T
25-07-05, 22:31

That be me :(

its a shame really I think people enjoyed shooting at a -32 sl player in the hope I might die and drop my shit. You can't stay -32 sl its unplayable, sooner or later you need to fix it so you can do some hunting etc, i'd like that to change....

Galileo
25-07-05, 22:35
agreed.

Add me to that list

-FN-
25-07-05, 22:40
its a shame really I think people enjoyed shooting at a -32 sl player in the hope I might die and drop my shit. You can't stay -32 sl its unplayable, sooner or later you need to fix it so you can do some hunting etc, i'd like that to change....

Regarding that - If you go Neg SL, it should be playable, but not in the Cities. You have to live outside of NC (MB, TH, TG Canyon, wastelands, etc) The problem with people tracking you down is the CityCom - I think that it should only report your whereabouts if you are in a City Zone (Plaza, Viarosso, Pepper Park, Industrial, or Outzone). Otherwise, it should just say "Unknown".

That or just make the Anarchy Breed playable (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125735) :p

LiL T
25-07-05, 22:58
Regarding that - If you go Neg SL, it should be playable, but not in the Cities. You have to live outside of NC (MB, TH, TG Canyon, wastelands, etc) The problem with people tracking you down is the CityCom - I think that it should only report your whereabouts if you are in a City Zone (Plaza, Viarosso, Pepper Park, Industrial, or Outzone). Otherwise, it should just say "Unknown".

That or just make the Anarchy Breed playable (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125735) :p

I think I'd be happy with that but getting killed with -32 sl is a bit too harsh imo, sure it means you have been a bad boy/girl and must pay for your actions. But I think there would be better ways to punish people for being a criminal rather than having your character totaly ruined for a few weeks.

-No safe slot
-unable to join any clan and are booted from your current clan
-KOS to all factions except the anarchy breed
-can't buy from the normal shops, can only use the shops in the wastes that sell limited equitment and ammo
-can't pick items up off the ground to prevent people useing alts to transfer stuff to there PKER character (I know this might be hard but...)
-can't implant the LE chip even when under lvl 30
-can't do missions to fix your SL :p you want to roleplay as a murderer ? then pay the price, SL should tick up slowly

/edit I'm on about the droping of 5 items or more and thats what needs changing

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 23:29
Most of the current penalities for -sl is actually pretty good if you ask me.....in a perfect world. That is, a world where you don't have to worry about log in problems, random FREs, sync issues, laggy server/client updating (ie when you notice you're getting hit, you'll most likely already have been hit several times on the server)....if all these issues would be solved, it would be pretty viable running around with -sl imo

LiL T
26-07-05, 00:03
Most of the current penalities for -sl is actually pretty good if you ask me.....in a perfect world. That is, a world where you don't have to worry about log in problems, random FREs, sync issues, laggy server/client updating (ie when you notice you're getting hit, you'll most likely already have been hit several times on the server)....if all these issues would be solved, it would be pretty viable running around with -sl imo

But people have tryed roleplaying as the person you better run from and never did get past there first week because of dropping everything everytime you die. There are no real pkers in neocron, a real player killer (bad guy) will kill anyone with out a care in the world, its a play style that has been stamped out of existance. Some people think that roleplay is a perfect world where murder never happens, and that the bad guy should drop everything on the floor for all the good doers to loot? :lol: Its like RL right ? The same arguement that comes up everytime "people who murder other players in there own faction should be punished because in RL thats what would happen.....". Well if we go by real roleplay I should be able to loot everything a player is carrying once I have killed them no exceptions, they should also die permently but they don't because.

In this game we are in the future and have genereps to bring us back to life, but for some strange reason we also get all our items back except 1 item. The one which was dropped and looted... Thats were this game becomes fucked up, your killer should have gotten all items you were carrying at the time. You should have only got the items back if you payed the insureance for that item, want tohave that 5 slot libby back after dieing then you better pay the 1 million insurance. Thats how it should be

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 00:25
You obviously haven't met my 2 chars on mercury and mars, they run around with -91 and -100 sl respectively and kill EVERYONE (except a guy on mars that gave me a 1 mill just because i was a pker :lol: ) Both of my chars use the same setup and if i die i loose all my armor (worth about 100k) and my spells which i had made in batch so not that big a deal, i don't care about having the best spells possible. I use TS epic rifle and tl10 heal so no biggie there either.

Superbron
26-07-05, 00:54
You obviously haven't met my 2 chars on mercury and mars, they run around with -91 and -100 sl respectively and kill EVERYONE (except a guy on mars that gave me a 1 mill just because i was a pker :lol: )Wicked, evil man :D

optiplex
26-07-05, 07:04
if they ban all the cheaters and exploiters they would have a 1% population

LiL T
26-07-05, 07:18
You obviously haven't met my 2 chars on mercury and mars, they run around with -91 and -100 sl respectively and kill EVERYONE (except a guy on mars that gave me a 1 mill just because i was a pker :lol: ) Both of my chars use the same setup and if i die i loose all my armor (worth about 100k) and my spells which i had made in batch so not that big a deal, i don't care about having the best spells possible. I use TS epic rifle and tl10 heal so no biggie there either.

Yeah it can be done using TS epic rifle but give it some time and it will be changed due to people whining which will destroy this game even more.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 07:45
fix the game so i dont have to kill allies to have fun and i wont. until then leave it easy to do.

LaZyBoY
26-07-05, 09:14
fix the game so i dont have to kill allies to have fun and i wont. until then leave it easy to do.
People like you make the world a better place ^^

Anyways im glad they are working to try and keep neocron a less cheated place.

Morganth
26-07-05, 10:02
if they ban all the cheaters and exploiters they would have a 1% population

I didn't know you knew how to use the forums! :rolleyes: :p :lol: ;)

eprodigy
26-07-05, 10:22
People like you make the world a better place ^^
i hope that wasnt sarcasm. im just saying what i feel here.

Morganth
27-07-05, 21:51

N

My personal favourite for ban evaders is when they are getting their banned accounts unbanned even though a cheat program was run on it. Is it KKs policy to cycle banned accounts so the player base stays constant?

Nidhogg
27-07-05, 21:53
My personal favourite for ban evaders is when they are getting their banned accounts unbanned even though a cheat program was run on it. Is it KKs policy to cycle banned accounts so the player base stays constant?
If you want to discuss our policy on in-game bans for cheating I suggest you take it up with the helpdesk by email.

N

Odin
27-07-05, 21:59

Afaik the only ones that ever got unbanned where the ones with one entry back in the original sweep months ago as it was considered to harsh. Policy is one time gets a warning, multiple entries is permanent as we don't want to end up banning the people who test a program to make sure it works then report it to us and never end up using it again.

eprodigy
27-07-05, 22:04
ok im off to 'test' some exploits them :angel:

Morganth
27-07-05, 22:10
Afaik the only ones that ever got unbanned where the ones with one entry back in the original sweep months ago as it was considered to harsh. Policy is one time gets a warning, multiple entries is permanent as we don't want to end up banning the people who test a program to make sure it works then report it to us and never end up using it again.

Are you sending emails out to your testers explaining your change of heart?