PDA

View Full Version : Drop That Weapon!

Tratos
23-07-05, 22:49
Ok this has begun to agrovate me, would it be possible to create two safe zones? one with the copbot voice and one without, or an alternative voice for all of them? "You have entered a secure zone, Anti-weapon systems in operation"

Its quite odd and irritating to be standing in TH and hearing "Drop That Weapon" from some sort of hidden Copbots or standing in FA HQ and still hearing "Drop That Weapon" in the enemy city where copbots have not tread since the City Administration forces attempted to wipe clean the shell of the dome after the bombings!

I know its far from high priority but it just makes sence!

Neally
23-07-05, 23:04
/agrees

Maybe they wanted to keep our old nostalgy too

you heard that line "Drop your weapon" and it comes in your head very fast that you can't show any weapons. With a line like you said, some players might get confused if they can or not or ... :confused: i'm not one of those players too, and i doubt about getting a DOY/NC/TH/MB voice about it, if it's possible, then why not

Torg
23-07-05, 23:21
yes. should be fixed.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-07-05, 23:36
Agree it drives me mad too
Get outa me HQ ye foul Coppers!

eprodigy
24-07-05, 01:39
i would like a type where you can pull weapons but if you do they will start shooting you.. thats what i think plaza should be, for raids its the same (IE: copbots would shoot them anyway) but ally killers would have to suffer the same without free reign of the city. only problem is people defending with suffer here as well and i dont know a solution to that but there must be one ;)

but yeah changing the voice is sorta a least priority kinda change ;) but yeah.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 01:42
i would like a type where you can pull weapons but if you do they will start shooting you.. thats what i think plaza should be, for raids its the same (IE: copbots would shoot them anyway) but ally killers would have to suffer the same without free reign of the city. only problem is people defending with suffer here as well and i dont know a solution to that but there must be one ;)

but yeah changing the voice is sorta a least priority kinda change ;) but yeah.
the one reason they took it out in NC2 beta was that Zoning from the aggys everyone forgot.
That and theyd shoot PRos for fighting ANTis
so make an ability to report an anti city in the sector, and then guards would shoot on sight(KK I dont know WHY you made em pussys) and Players can use guns

giga191
24-07-05, 01:43
Every runner has a chip placed in their head when they are rehabilitated in Mc5 with the programmed "Drop your weapon" voice, which is activated when a runner tries to draw weapons in certain zones. If i recall correctly, FA used this technology to make TH a safe zone (read it somewhere) and then could have gone on to apply it in other areas of DoY.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 01:55
Its possible, but I dont remeber anything about it

giga191
24-07-05, 02:02
Its possible, but I dont remeber anything about it Are you saying that I could be wrong? Ha..:rolleyes: like that would ever happen

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 02:12
Are you saying that I could be wrong? Ha..:rolleyes: like that would ever happen
Ofcorse not oh Omnicent master

giga191
24-07-05, 02:35
Besides that we've had hints that the CityAdmin wants to take care of the situation in TechHaven as soon as they have enough resources available - Currently they are concentrating all their forces on the war against the Dome. Unverified rumours say there are plans to convert TechHaven into a free marketplace, whatever that means.
CA made the TH sercurity?

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 03:23
CA made the TH sercurity?
yes

damnthelimitomghaxdamnyouniddy

Tratos
24-07-05, 12:26
Every runner has a chip placed in their head when they are rehabilitated in Mc5 with the programmed "Drop your weapon" voice, which is activated when a runner tries to draw weapons in certain zones. If i recall correctly, FA used this technology to make TH a safe zone (read it somewhere) and then could have gone on to apply it in other areas of DoY.

Its actualy the copbots that emmit the sound though, in a way, as when they say it, they turn to you, then start with the "Thats enough, i said drop that weapon" "ok pal, thats enough, FREEZE!, OPEN FIRE" etc.

Copbots should have idling noises :( such as on cp.nc.com "Have a nice day"

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 13:38
Its actualy the copbots that emmit the sound though, in a way, as when they say it, they turn to you, then start with the "Thats enough, i said drop that weapon" "ok pal, thats enough, FREEZE!, OPEN FIRE" etc.

Copbots should have idling noises :( such as on cp.nc.com "Have a nice day"
couldn't agree more
HOWEVER
they have more problems at the current time

giga191
24-07-05, 17:33

Copbots should have idling noises :( such as on cp.nc.com "Have a nice day" CA just used the same voice for the copbots as they did with the brain implants because they are lazy. Damn good for nothing CA...

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 17:37
CA just used the same voice for the copbots as they did with the brain implants because they are lazy. Damn good for nothing CA...
black dragons wooooooooooooooh

<.<
>.>
>.<

Xeno LARD
24-07-05, 18:14
I want someone to find and remove that hidden copbot in my TG apartment, that guy is freaking me out.
:p

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 18:24
I want someone to find and remove that hidden copbot in my TG apartment, that guy is freaking me out.
:p
its really me
Freaked out more or less?

Xeno LARD
24-07-05, 18:25
:eek:

More. ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-05, 18:32
:eek:

More. ;)
Im dressed like a copbot it makes me feal kinky :)

Xylaz
24-07-05, 18:34
remove safezones - problem solved

THE_TICK!!!!
24-07-05, 23:20
i want copbot PA with orange hooter shorts :)

giga191
25-07-05, 01:24
:p He is clearly behind the curtains. Can't you see the big bulge?

Tesee
25-07-05, 10:52
for TH I sugest a nice girl holo in bikini telling you to hide your ugly weapon.

For TG apartment I sugest an automatic (cold) shower

Superbron
25-07-05, 11:21
Yes, remove the copbot sounds from the non-CA controlled areas please.

Riddle
25-07-05, 14:00
I like the copbot warning but then because its a bit nostalgic knida like the local announcements through NC.

Although its not really relevant in some areas is it really high on a list of FIX THIS PLEASE?

Don't think so myself

Tratos
25-07-05, 14:17
Don't think so myself

Which everyone in the thread has stated pretty much :p