PDA

View Full Version : A general shoutabout...

Spermy
23-07-05, 18:23
Alright, I'm looking at NC, and I'm liking it, but i can also see areas where it could be improved. I'm also seeing a lotta patching and content being added, which means that there's busy peoples beavering away at thier job.

Now I know yer busy, but for god's sake KK, let us in on it! Let us do SOMETHING!

ANYTHING!

We got a talented community right here who are bursting with ideas, all you have to do is take maybe half a day to write a brief explanation of what we could do as a community, and how we should go about it, a set of guidelines etc...

COME ON!

Tratos
23-07-05, 18:55
I Agree! *****

But thing is :( http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127027 we got an answer for this today and supposedly KK are too busy to let us take a load off there shoulders.

Clive tombstone
23-07-05, 18:59
How does that make any sense?

LTA
23-07-05, 19:01
been sayin this for a while now, even put it in threads slyly in places lol

we are to busy to let people help reduce the work load which would make some people less busy O_o

Mr Kot
23-07-05, 19:51
It's a fantastic idea in theory, but alas unworkable. It's been mentioned before with skinning competitions etc. I can't see community ideas being used by KK on any significant scale unless you work for them and are under contract. Otherwise, they leave themselves wide open to legal action from people later laying claim to the "copyright" of their idea and that it was "stolen" by KK.

Clive tombstone
23-07-05, 19:56
Man, the legal world sucks, I mean, "theres no forms or documents they could write up" at all? I mean, yes it would suck loosing something like that permanently to some other company, but when you think about it, its really awsome, because a piece of your work is immortalized, you just cant make money off of it, like thats a big deal anywho. :p

PEace out

Hell-demon
23-07-05, 21:01
Oh well Clive at least we have our comic :)

I for one wanna write scripts for NPCs :D

But no KK send me this in an e-mail

"We are unable to let any creative stances be taken on our product because you smell and we have an undoubtedly larger penis than you HA HA HA!

KK> You"

At which point I lost all hope :rolleyes: :p :lol:

MuggleMind
23-07-05, 21:04
There are ways of legally giving all rights to a piece of your work away to another company or individual. However, the biggest hurdle to that is that KK would need to be absolutely certain that is was your work, and no-one else had copyright. Imagine, for example, if no-one at KK had ever heard of or seen The Simpsons and you created a Mr Burns model (okay.. not very Neocron like maybe... :p ). You could claim to give KK all rights to your model, and KK add in to Neocron... 2 months later KK could be facing a major legal battle over it.

Still, this isn't to say such a thing can't be done - it would just take time.

And the thing to remember.. Nid didn't say it was impossible.. just that:

Originally posted by our man Niddy
The devs/art team's calendars are full and a competition like this can't be run without their involvement. So there is still a chance that maybe some day it could happen.

LiL T
24-07-05, 03:42
I can't be as easy as that, as Mr Kot said