PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Competition #2

Chenoa
22-07-05, 18:41
Apartment competition #2

Foreword:
Due to the popularity of the last competition a few months ago, I’m happy to announce that we will be repeating the apartment contest (though in a slightly changed form).
With the first competition we received feedback that the community should vote, so that’s how we will arrange it this time.
Thread of the first Contest: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=117910

Competition:
We are looking throughout Neocron for the best interior designer!
Which is the best, most beautiful furnished apartment? No matter whether Doy, TH, MB, NC, no matter what level the apartment, it’s about creativity, attention to detail, imagination, the presentation of the apartment as a whole!

Rules:
- All items placed by the Runner, whether purchased, looted (trophies) or earned (goblets (medals)) are valid, excluding NPCs placed by EGMs etc.
- We will only consider decoration placed within the normally accessible areas of the apartment. For example, the roof of the Doy Clanapp, ViaRosso app or similar will not be considered by the judges. We had problems with this last time!
- Screenshots should ONLY be submitted in .jpg form and should be no larger than1024x768.
- We will only consider the first 6 screenshots for each entry (otherwise it becomes too much)
- Additional changes in the second round are not allowed. If there’s something different in round two than on the screens originally submitted that apartment will be disqualified. Please think carefully before submitting your entries!
- Only the registered owner can declare the apartment and should also make themselves available during the judging process!

Procedure:
Judging will take place over two rounds.

1st round: All runners can send in up to 6 screenshots and a description of the apartment; what it is and what it represents etc. These will be published and the community then asked to vote for the best 5 apartments on each server.

2nd round: The best 5 will be visited by a GM who will take further screenshots and examine the apartment in more detail. These 5 will be published in the forum. If the runner agrees, a GM will install a door opener to allow members of the public to view the apartment at leisure. If you do decide to visit an apartment please note that bad behaviour will not be tolerated!

The community will then vote for the best 3 apartments on each server!

Criteria:
- Concept
- Imagination
- Attention to detail
- Implementation
- Utilisation of space
- Tidiness / precision of placement

How to enter:
Please send an email with your character name, account name, server name, your availability, screenshots and entry description to contest@reakktor.info.
(incomplete emails will be ignored so please take the time you need)

I will create a list in the forum which will be updated daily so that everyone can see if their entry has been accepted. Important: Last time it was an awful hunting job to contact runners in-game, therefore if you fail to respond to 2 mails you will be disqualified. Please make sure that you are using a working email address and don’t go on holiday!

DEADLINE : 19.08.05

PRIZES
(the most interesting I believe, isn’t it?)

(Prizes will be awarded per server)
1. A Copbot trophy ; golden goblet; 10 pieces of furniture of your choice (as-purchased); a self-designed EGM-run event for clan, friends or similar. The event will have to be agreed by the EGM team - no pure-spawn or similar,
2. Silver goblet, 6 pieces of furniture of your choice (as-purchased); a party in the winning apartment.
3. Bronze goblet; 3 pieces of furniture of your choice; 1 Vhc of your choice; Wee-Crab family in the winning apartment.

So, I hope I’ve explained everything sufficiently. For further questions, I am available here in this thread as always.

Greetings,
Chenoa

- Jha'Dur
- Spiro
- FairyFX
- Ishmael
- Junker D Coy
- Minaki Suzuinara
- Raziel Alba
- Skusty
- Morpheus
- John Blackhawk
- Kimosabi
- Gehenna
- Average Joe
- Tony Devil
- Smokey the Bear
- CMaster
- Astrix
- Babe Xene
- Dribble Joy
- Zell Silverstar
- Stars Kenny
- Lady Lilith
- Leopump
- Technobot
- Laurin Sanders
- Akuma Daisuke
- Samu Rai
- Brad Hack
- DJ Kalli
- Serena
- Teal'C
- Rannath
- Ikaru
- Toxen
- Nabbl
- Marta Monk
- Ressiblade
- Little Sister
- Barter Kitty
- Jeanne
- Jna
- Nemirox
- NukeD
- GZA
- Leon Kowalski
- Data Crusher
- Reboot
- Promo
- LtJohn McClane
- Nightwind
- Kinetic Nemisis
- Tabitha
- Mona Sax
- Miundor
- Diabolo

Terra 30
Mars 19
Mercury 8
=========
= 57

Hell-demon
22-07-05, 18:54
So last season hun we want skinning competitions :rolleyes:

Tratos
22-07-05, 18:56
Sweet, nice to see another competition :D (can we get a skinning one? hint hint :p) the prizes look very nice, a copbot trophy of all things, funky.

Dont think ive got the cash to enter but its nice to see a new compo running, good luck to those that take part :)

Also, i never new reakktor.info existed :p

EDIT: I hope Pandore will be taken into consideration for this competition.

CMaster
22-07-05, 19:06
Could you change the link to the original ENGLISH thread please?

Chenoa
22-07-05, 19:13
Could you change the link to the original ENGLISH thread please?

Changed, sorry, was too fast :angel:

CMaster
22-07-05, 19:24
Thanks.

Dribble Joy
22-07-05, 19:24
I'd enter mine but it's shit.

naimex
22-07-05, 19:33
PRIZES

1. A Copbot trophy ; golden goblet; 10 pieces of furniture of your choice (as-purchased); a self-designed EGM-run event for clan, friends or similar. The event will have to be agreed by the EGM team - no pure-spawn or similar,
2. Silver goblet, 6 pieces of furniture of your choice (as-purchased); a party in the winning apartment.
3. Bronze goblet; 3 pieces of furniture of your choice; 1 Vhc of your choice; Wee-Crab family in the winning apartment.

So, I hope I’ve explained everything sufficiently. For further questions, I am available here in this thread as always.

Greetings,
Chenoa

What on earth are you babbling about?

If you win you get this and that..

If you get second place, you get to have a party in the apartment of the person getting first place ?? and they just have to accept that?

And if you get third place you just give a wee crab family to the person getting first place ?? Uhm riiiiight..

So first place gets :

A Copbot trophy ; golden goblet; 10 pieces of furniture of your choice (as-purchased); a self-designed EGM-run event for clan, friends or similar. The event will have to be agreed by the EGM team - no pure-spawn or similar,

AND gets the apartment invaded by the person getting second place...

AND gets a wee crab family because there is a person getting third place...

Where´s the justice in that??????

Dribble Joy
22-07-05, 19:34
Use yer noggin....

The 2nd place winner gets the party, the 3rd place winner gets the wee crabs.

naimex
22-07-05, 19:35
Use yer noggin....

The 2nd place winner gets the party, the 3rd place winner gets the wee crabs.

Ye obviously and logically, but thats not what it says.

Only 1st place is a winner...

2nd and 3rd are just placings with rewards.

Tratos
22-07-05, 19:39
I dont think it takes a genius to figure out that the 2nd and 3rd place prizes happen in the 2nd and 3rd place appartments. :p

EDIT: Cursed slowness ¬_¬

Chenoa
22-07-05, 19:46
Deadline was missing, so 19.08.05 for your mails !

:angel:

Skusty
22-07-05, 20:59
Arrr, my hotmail is fucked, cant delete or make new mail :( Is it possible to pm you some photos instead Chenoa?

Dr Strange
22-07-05, 22:53
figures the apartment contest would come around when i have absolutely zero fucking money or anything to my name ;o coulda easily had won this if I had all my funds intact :(

Mr Kot
22-07-05, 23:15
I'd enter mine but it's shit.
I know the feelin' :(

figures the apartment contest would come around when i have absolutely zero fucking money or anything to my name ;o coulda easily had won this if I had all my funds intact
Shouldn't have deleted your chars then :p

Dirus
23-07-05, 00:40

2nd Place winner, since second is winning out over third.. gets a party. simple as that.

dem0n
23-07-05, 01:41
Ye obviously and logically, but thats not what it says.

2nd and 3rd are just placings with rewards.

actually what was meant and was proposed as such, is that the 2nd place winning appartment gets a party, the winning apartment for the third place gets the wee crab family.

and not, that the person which won the second place gets a party in the 1st's place winning appartment, and that the 3rd place winner gets his bronze goblet and his wee crab family placed in the 1st person's winning appartment as you've said.

it's not just logical, there isn't one winner and 2 loosers, there are three winners, and their prizes go together with their winnings. You've bounded "winner's" with only the 1st place runner.

Dribble Joy
23-07-05, 01:42
as now mentioned many times...

naimex
23-07-05, 06:18
tsk tsk... in my world only 1st place is a winner.. rest are just runnerups.

Nidhogg
23-07-05, 11:36
Look, cut it out. Any more trolling gets edited.

N

msressi
23-07-05, 20:44
Great Chenoa, was waiting for this.

Now a question, if I have more then one runner, may I register an appt for each ?
Also, if one of my runners has 2 appts to register is that permitted as well ?

giga191
25-07-05, 02:01
Naimex causing trouble again

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

give me money to furnish my appt

Asurmen Spec Op
25-07-05, 02:17
Awsome, ill totaly be entering my BD app

naimex
25-07-05, 05:42
Naimex causing trouble again

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

give me money to furnish my appt

nope, not causing trouble...

Just reading things my way, and explaining my point of view, which is not wanted on this case it seems..

and yes I agree I would totally be in this competition if I had any money..

but I have no money and I forgot the location and pass to all my apartments, and there is not a single piece of furniture in any of my apartments, cuz I can´t afford it, even though it was the furniture that was my big crush for nc2.

lol, so as you can guess I´m kinda not in this competion.

msressi
25-07-05, 13:44
well if u have lost the passwords to your appts, you can write to helpdesk explaining the situation and they will give you your appt passwords. It is as easy as that.

ZoVoS
25-07-05, 15:50

im skint...

i want a wee crab family :(

dam being born pooooooooooooooooooor

giga191
26-07-05, 00:04
I feel like getting 50 home girls and try to get an appearance on mtv cribs

Asurmen Spec Op
26-07-05, 10:05
I feel like getting 50 home girls and try to get an appearance on mtv cribs
I feal like killing anyone on MTV who makes a charecter

Original monk
26-07-05, 14:58
seems i still got time to send in my appy, yust gotta finish 3th someway o.O

those weecrabs are a great price :eek: btw copbottrophy's are more fun to hunt yourself :)

Morganth
26-07-05, 15:34
seems i still got time to send in my appy, yust gotta finish 3th someway o.O

those weecrabs are a great price :eek: btw copbottrophy's are more fun to hunt yourself :)

Well, not if you take a SL hit everytime you kill one (even as DoY), lol. Plus with the current drop rate and the fact that they were unlootable, not enough of them to AoE and next to impossible to solo, I'd rather get one the easy way :D

Toxen
26-07-05, 16:00
Umm they don't drop from copbots or storm bots in the city.... They drop from the single top unit at the bottom of gaya ie theres only one mob in game they drop from.

Original monk
26-07-05, 16:30
Umm they don't drop from copbots or storm bots in the city.... They drop from the single top unit at the bottom of gaya ie theres only one mob in game they drop from.

i kno but its way more fun hunting copbots :p (be carefull with attacking the non-npc versions tough, they tend to ctrl+X you when youre beeing annoying :angel: )

giga191
26-07-05, 17:34
I feal like killing anyone on MTV who makes a charecter I can have xzibit pimping my reveler

Manosteel36
30-07-05, 20:08
I will create a list in the forum which will be updated daily so that everyone can see if their entry has been accepted.

When is this?

Asurmen Spec Op
02-08-05, 04:32
When it says excluding EGM things, does that mean they dont count or I cant have them atall?

Original monk
02-08-05, 09:43
I can have xzibit pimping my reveler

with an Xbox, playstation and 2 plasmascreens + a drumset in the back ? or you prefer a bowlingballcleaningkit in there ?

and white leather seats with youre initials on em ?

24inch giovanni rims ?

sounds ok :)

Chenoa
02-08-05, 09:45
When is this?

Done, see in the first post ;)

@ Asurmen : EGM things (Barkeeper, guards etc.) dont counts. Apps completly prepared by EGMs arent allowed .

Asurmen Spec Op
02-08-05, 09:53
Done, see in the first post ;)

@ Asurmen : EGM things (Barkeeper, guards etc.) dont counts. Apps completly prepared by EGMs arent allowed .
so I cant have them atall?
if not, back to my other app I go :)

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 18:49
Would it be possible to put an announcement of this on the launcher for those who don't read the forums?

krynstone
03-08-05, 15:00
This may be assumed but....Is the wee-crab familly friendly?...or just a spawned pissed off typical set of wee-crabs?

Tratos
03-08-05, 15:04
This may be assumed but....Is the wee-crab familly friendly?...or just a spawned pissed off typical set of wee-crabs?

The latter but weecrabs dont auto agro on you, there passive little mobs like small sewer rats, so they should just sit and behave them selves :p

Nidhogg
03-08-05, 16:54
Would it be possible to put an announcement of this on the launcher for those who don't read the forums?
This is done, I just forgot to reply to this thread.

N

Safunte
05-08-05, 12:07
Just added a bit of competition for you all ;) Well tis somewhat overdue since i missed the deadline of the last competition.
Oh and...
Is this 1 app per person/account/character/server or what is the limit on appartments sent in?

Toxen
05-08-05, 13:09
I hate to say this now but the prizes this time around seem a bit skimpy.

1) The copbot trophy though perhaps hard to obtain eventually they will be a large number of these floating around the market not exactly unique.

2) Pieces of furniture... in an apt competition, people will have invested more than this just setting the place up.

3) Non physical prizes, EGM event and a Party... hmm certain issues here, about something been non physical, unless your into RP alot these hold little value.

4) Wee crab family is a classic example of a good prize :) and a good dinner :P

What happend to the outrangeous prizes of old. Zarg belts, Dildo's of maven, large stacks of tigers blood and cresent tabs.

Lets spice things up a bit. Throw in some items that can't be got anywhere else. Trophy's and medals don't count in this. :)

Chenoa
06-08-05, 10:42
to clarify again:

One APP per Character, but the App has to be registered on this one charakter the whole contest!

/edit : list updated

Jesterthegreat
06-08-05, 13:27
woo! go average joe with VENOM HQ!

:p

Argent
07-08-05, 11:40
Hmmm, not this time thanks. It was painful enough last time.

Jesterthegreat
07-08-05, 13:32
PRIZES

one quick question... does the ";" mean "and" or "or"?

Dribble Joy
07-08-05, 14:39
Skulls apt submitted, though I dunno why I bother.

Heavyporker
08-08-05, 01:26
Mmmh.

Man, I really hate this summer job. I just know that I would win, hands-down, if I had the time to just come in and spiff up a nice apartment.

*sigh*

Well, at least it won't be quite as lonely at the top. :p

Jesterthegreat
08-08-05, 19:31
Mmmh.

Man, I really hate this summer job. I just know that I would win, hands-down, if I had the time to just come in and spiff up a nice apartment.

*sigh*

my... you are so very modest there HP.

Safunte
09-08-05, 00:51
Mmmh.

*sigh*

little cocky there eh? your little bunker not only didn't always save you from me coming in and killing/hacking ur stuff but it didn't make sense. sure the whole store concept was nice, too bad it limited your anticity trading (the majority of the big money market). and, yes you have money, but that doesn't always win u everything. go blame ur summer job but it only takes minutes to set up a nice apt, u just dont have the style for it.

CMaster
09-08-05, 00:59
little cocky there eh? your little bunker not only didn't always save you from me coming in and killing/hacking ur stuff but it didn't make sense. sure the whole store concept was nice, too bad it limited your anticity trading (the majority of the big money market). and, yes you have money, but that doesn't always win u everything. go blame ur summer job but it only takes minutes to set up a nice apt, u just dont have the style for it.

Easy. Heavy might be being a bit arrogant, but he DID win the last appartment compettion. And I spent a few hours on my entry. It might not take that long to set up a "nice" appartment, but nice ain't gonna win anything (except on mercury). I've seen a few entrants so far, and you are gonna have to ahve something pretty special.

Jesterthegreat
09-08-05, 08:28
i spent no time on my apt.

its like revising for a big test... its just cheating. its testing you on what you know... not what you were just told.

i would rather get a result on reality than some short term leetness.

Clive tombstone
09-08-05, 09:00
Im working on a small apartment right now, which I found to be really fun (but really expensive). One question though, Im really short on cash, and I dont wanna buy the same apartment unfurnished. Long story short, I dont like my replication unit (my bed), could a GM remove it permanently? I want to replace it with something less crappy looking.

nightwind
10-08-05, 02:03
to clarify again:

One APP per Character, but the App has to be registered on this one charakter the whole contest!

/edit : list updated

what if the appartment if you are entering is a clan App and the key for the app is lost?

Mystic-Crusader
10-08-05, 09:06
with my account being expired for some unknown reason, doesn't look like i'll be back until after this is over, if at all. :( Damn i spent lots on my apt. :mad: :mad:

Speedball
10-08-05, 09:08
with my account being expired for some unknown reason, doesn't look like i'll be back until after this is over, if at all. :( Damn i spent lots on my apt. :mad: :mad:

5 letters, o,w,n,e,d :p

Safunte
11-08-05, 07:57
both accounts w/ my entered apts have expired for reasons unknown, this sux. i agree w/ mystic

Mystic-Crusader
11-08-05, 11:20
Sweet sweet candy, mine is back online :) took c2p their time but yay! :D
Here i come copbot trophie or crab familly :lol:

Original monk
11-08-05, 11:47
nice, btw you love elves ? :wtf: be carefulll here lol

Mystic-Crusader
11-08-05, 21:02
Elves, orcs, fairys , orges, pixies , anything to do with the non-nc theme ;)

Chenoa
16-08-05, 08:59
List updated - 3 days left

giga191
17-08-05, 03:47
i spent no time on my apt.

its like revising for a big test... its just cheating. its testing you on what you know... not what you were just told.

i would rather get a result on reality than some short term leetness. I've been trying to tell people this the last 2 years. Get my results in 8 days and if I get good results I'm gonna say a big "FUCK YOU" to anyone who tryed to get me to revise more, and I will also be rather pleased with myself

Chenoa
17-08-05, 08:39
List updated - 2 days left.

Pls dont forget the needed dates in the mails, or you cant take part on this contest !

Dribble Joy
17-08-05, 09:33
I have realised that I am going to the states tomorrow, and won't be availiable untill the 22nd... that's going to be a problem (inthe unlikely event I'm not kicked out in the first round) isn't it?

Forked
19-08-05, 10:10
Elves, orcs, fairys , orges, pixies , anything to do with the non-nc theme ;)

Sweet. Can't wait to see how this goes. And who doesn't like fairys. :D

Chenoa
20-08-05, 10:32
Finally 57 Apps i have to sort now. So pls give me some time for this. Voting will follow in the next week. :angel:
(no more application pls)

/edit : in the 1st app contest there were "only" 44 apps !

Safunte
21-08-05, 00:02
I sure do hope you can consider my appartment although i'm having click2gay problems and cannot get my account reactivated by the time this is over...