PDA

View Full Version : DOY Raypistol...

Spermy
22-07-05, 12:52
Well - I was browsing Neoskillers listings and I found the DOY raypistol... was just wondering whether it was ingame or not - I can't remember coming across one...

Hell-demon
22-07-05, 12:55
It was the NC1 anti city epic gun :)

Think you cna find it in NC2 if you look hard enough :angel:

Spermy
22-07-05, 12:55
Thanking yous :P

Close please ^^

netster
22-07-05, 13:31
TG FSM is selling it :angel:

Morganth
22-07-05, 13:52
The DoY epic reward was a rifle. Not a pistol.

Tratos
22-07-05, 14:05

Wasn't there a choice ages ago for the temp DoY epic where you could pick either the pistol, rifle or cannon, TT style.

Morganth
22-07-05, 14:08
Wasn't there a choice ages ago for the temp DoY epic where you could pick either the pistol, rifle or cannon, TT style.

Well, at least in the last year of NC1 it was rifle only. I didn't have a DoY character before then (DRE > *).

Capt. Rik
22-07-05, 16:39
(DRE > *).

Woot :p

Happy Days they were

numb
22-07-05, 16:59
Well, at least in the last year of NC1 it was rifle only. I didn't have a DoY character before then (DRE > *).

I did the epic as soon as they put it on the servers with my TG char. I had no choice, I was just given a 5 slot doy rifle. I think http://neocron.ems.ru will only list a Doy Ray Gun (rifle) - although I cant check because the site is banned here at work.

Mr Kot
22-07-05, 18:08
On Venus.. right to the end of NC1 there was a NPC in the TG canyon that could swap your DoY rifle for a pistol or cannon anytime.

NC1 DoY guns > NC2 cause they were artifact, no drop, full repair etc etc.

EDIT: TG FSM stuff here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1652336&postcount=50) It's an old link, so it doesn't show the new FSM stuff, btw.

[TgR]KILLER
22-07-05, 18:16
yea afaik there was only a rifle.. but nowadays there is a pistol to like said sold by tg fsm afaik.

i remember i had 2 rifles in nc1 did the ts and fa epic. and those epics were months appart and can't remember ever to have a choice rifle or pistol or whatever.

Tratos
22-07-05, 18:22
Seems im wrong, but im sure there was a DoY ray pistol and ray cannon in NC1 -shrugs- possibly shop bought.

Speedball
22-07-05, 18:35

There was choice (HC / PC / RC)
I think you received the rifle but you was able to see a NPC and ask him to change for another gunn (same slots)

Xeno LARD
22-07-05, 19:01
Never seen that npc, i think there only was that rifle, was the TL 82 (?) raygun with red instead of blue, artifact stats aswell.

That doy raypistol is just the same as the blacksun with a different name.

LTA
22-07-05, 19:07
Seems im wrong, but im sure there was a DoY ray pistol and ray cannon in NC1 -shrugs- possibly shop bought.

Yep they were shop brought i am positive they were sold in HEWs very early retail and then removed when epics came about

Dribble Joy
22-07-05, 19:30
I bought a DoY raypistol ages ago in NC1, found it in my very first starter apt ages later (after I moved to CM). Brought it to NC2 as a near unique item, found out a few days ago it was called a TG raypistol now :(, and you can get them from TGFSM.

Mr Kot
22-07-05, 23:26
Never seen that npc.
He was only on Venus..... like a lot of the good stuff: larent mod exchange NPCs, anarchy breed entry etc.

I bought a DoY raypistol ages ago in NC1, found it in my very first starter apt ages later (after I moved to CM). Brought it to NC2 as a near unique item, found out a few days ago it was called a TG raypistol now , and you can get them from TGFSM.
Yours is still unique, as the TG one is only available as "better" quality and not researchable. The epic DoY rifle was fully artifact, so was the early HEW DoY pistol researchable? What are the stats on your pistol?

Are you selling it? :p

Dribble Joy
23-07-05, 01:11
It's shop bought, Ie. 26%.

Major Havoc
23-07-05, 15:18
On Venus.. right to the end of NC1 there was a NPC in the TG canyon that could swap your DoY rifle for a pistol or cannon anytime.

NC1 DoY guns > NC2 cause they were artifact, no drop, full repair etc etc.

EDIT: TG FSM stuff here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1652336&postcount=50) It's an old link, so it doesn't show the new FSM stuff, btw.

Sadly the NC1 'Epic' Raygun Rifle did drop, I remember having it slot 2, getting getting dropped in the wastelands then having to run to several sectors to recover if before a wandering hacker came across my belt.

I too brought one over from NC1, a three slotter, modded - my T-C PE uses it now from time to time.