PDA

View Full Version : Tech Haven Auctions - Booths & Chairs

Tratos
21-07-05, 12:08
As the events forum isnt the most viewed area on this forum im going to make this point here, i did post it in the thread associated with this a few days ago but it has already sunk and been forgotten.

The Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118888)
The Post (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1844223&postcount=7)

The Point;
Tech Haven Sectors 2 and 3 have become very cluttered since the begining of Neocron 2 with the addition of the auction booths(TH2) and a series of chairs used for a presentation (TH3) now if they were going to be used again soon or at all i relise why theyd have to stay as its quite time consuming to contruct things like the booths as things need to be inline and organised but the the way the booths are now in their unused state is just cluttering Sector 2 and spoils the atmosphere the same with the many, many chairs in Sector 3, alot of the time its needed to hop around to get past the chairs located there.

My Question is; would it be possible for these items to be removed if they are no longer needed?

Skusty
21-07-05, 12:25
Leave'em ;) You got somewhere to hide when ur afk then :lol:

Tratos
21-07-05, 12:29
Leave'em ;) You got somewhere to hide when ur afk then :lol:

its a safe zone.....O_o

sanityislost
21-07-05, 12:52
Get rid of them but expand the bar....get some strippers...some lil odd people
selling drugs and bloody chars at the bars!! lol :D

SiL ..:..

Hell-demon
21-07-05, 12:54
I'll write the dialogue for the odd people :p

Riddle
21-07-05, 13:15
Waste of space tbh.

Only ever been there for an auction or two. No other reason to ever go there, so the chairs....I don't really care what they do with them, doesn't bother me.

[TgR]KILLER
21-07-05, 13:19
i dun mind the TH3 chairs but the booth's in TH2 just dun look right to everybody's believe.. and no tradeskiller is gonna stand there since they all are @ the gr's .

if the gr's were in the old places like they used to be in nc1 then maybe yea but like this they gonna stay were they are.

Mr Kot
21-07-05, 13:21
Get rid of them but expand the bar....get some strippers...some lil odd people
selling drugs and bloody chars at the bars!! lol
Ya, i think the TH bar needs more action and atmosphere.

And if the unused tables and chairs aren't gonna be removed, at least reduce the number slightly. And what's with the row upon row of silly flowers? Too many objects spawned in the zone must be putting a strain on the server load (and our PCs' memory) That zone is cluttered enough with players.

Skusty
21-07-05, 14:33
its a safe zone.....O_o
Still ;)

Spermy
21-07-05, 14:42
I think TH could do with some NPC missions in the bar area, that would be ace.

Make use of those tunnel areas - maybe with a bosstype behind the locked doors? The reward being some nice midlevel XP or maybe a weapon?

Riddle
21-07-05, 15:36
Move the Genreps to the larger room.

It's going to get very crowded for tradeskilling and poking in there if we get a mad rise in noobs :D

sanityislost
21-07-05, 16:44
I'll write the dialogue for the odd people :p

Yar!! make one about a person who think's he/she is a rabbit or an elf :lol:

Hell-demon
21-07-05, 16:50
Player: Word on the street is you sell drugs

Dealer: AH! get away from me you pointy eared fucker!

Player: what?

Dealer: heeey...your not an elf...

Player: No shit Einstein

Dealer: I thought you were an elf...shit I gotta stop taking my own merchandise.... :wtf:

sanityislost
21-07-05, 17:11
Player: Word on the street is you sell drugs

Dealer: AH! get away from me you pointy eared fucker!

Player: what?

Dealer: heeey...your not an elf...

Player: No shit Einstein

Dealer: I thought you were an elf...shit I gotta stop taking my own merchandise.... :wtf:

lolol :lol: :lol:

Toxen
21-07-05, 17:14
Think TH2 needs a major re-design, could make it a comp to come up with some concept sketchs throw in a prize or two mebe even a zarg belt or personalised mc5. TH2 had only minor cosmetic changes to take it from part of a faction HQ to a major center of trade. Personally i'd pull out the ramps in TH2 over the main area knock down the side walls make it open plan, put in the second floor as a glass floor like they do with TH 2nd Class apts, perhaps throw in a 3rd floor either above or below the current two. and Throw in some shops. And yes diffinately pull those ugly booths from the side area's they do cause fps problems.

eprodigy
21-07-05, 19:05
i think the TH3 retail room should be fixed up a bit and the GR moved there. during peak hours lately TH has had about 20-30 people standing around in the GR area and its packed, you can't even move...

Tratos
21-07-05, 19:09
i think the TH3 retail room should be fixed up a bit and the GR moved there. during peak hours lately TH has had about 20-30 people standing around in the GR area and its packed, you can't even move...

Sounds good, i think this would be pretty cool as i think those old shops which now look like industrial lifts with access panels outside them are going to where the playershop type apps will eventualy be located, this would then allow TH2 to be made into more of an entertainment zone, with better cafes/bars and such as it already have the drone racetrack.

Tratos
22-07-05, 14:13
I know this has spiraled away from the main topic abit and poll doesnt really show much but could we get a response from KK about this? (As in cleaning up TH)

Hell-demon
22-07-05, 14:16
I too would like to see TH in a better shape.

It just looks really cramped and crappy :(

Argent
22-07-05, 14:53
Oh man, so hilarious. I remember when they made the booths in TH2 and I was thinking "Now they must be almost ready to implement the players shops."

Maybe few more years and we'll get 'em.

[TgR]KILLER
22-07-05, 14:56
who there toxen nobody is going to touch my TH ! they just should remove all the crap they put in.. tons of plants chairs and fuck knows what you can hardly walk trough the coridors nowadays. and they should have left the gr's were they were imho. and the shops to.

Hell-demon
22-07-05, 14:57
^ agreed!