PDA

View Full Version : 4th Week Running?

Tratos
21-07-05, 10:33
I wonder,

Patch 136 & 137 Arrived on 29/06/2005, a week later;
Patch 138 & 139 Arrived on 06/07/2005, then a week later;
Patch 140 Arrived on 13/07/2005.

Could KK patch today for the 4th time in as many weeks? if so, w00t KK for i think this is the biggest patching stint we've seen in Neocrons history (excluding Betas) and if not, still really good work on bringing those patches so regularly and fixing rather alot of stuff without breaking too much as i think in all those patches the only thing the patches broke was run casting.

This is sort of a thread out of boredum and curiosity but also a thanks to KK for a great patch turnout latley! http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Riddle
21-07-05, 10:59
I too think the Patching frequency is great!

Shows that they are moving forward and at least some effort is going in.

The trophy's was a great ides , not got one yet though :(

But sure lets SEX kk on their patching :D

RogerRamjet
21-07-05, 11:49
Well im sure stints of 3 patches are common.

Nerf > Un-Nerf > Finally balance :D

Mr Kot
21-07-05, 13:25
/me is happy too :)

Brammers
21-07-05, 13:58
One hopes! :)

What's would be in the next patch? Lots of hacknet fixes and the HN boss mob?

Riddle
21-07-05, 15:47
Maybe not then :rolleyes:

Tratos
21-07-05, 16:14
Ah well, still the last few weeks have been good, i just hope KK dont fade out for a month :p

Nidhogg
21-07-05, 16:36
Sorry guys, it's unlikely that there will be a patch this week.

N

Riddle
21-07-05, 16:39
Sorry guys, it's unlikely that there will be a patch this week.

N

Thanks for the info Nid.

Its been a good run the last few weeks maybe those boys need a little rest ;)

Tratos
21-07-05, 16:42
Pity not to see a ptach but guess we cant complain due to the frequency they've come this last month, Nid dont suppose you could answer a few questions? :p

Status of the Zoo (Last heard it was only scripts needing to be done)?
Status of WarGames (Heard nothing since NC2 began:()?
Status of In Development Page?

If you could answer those t'would be nice :D

Nidhogg
21-07-05, 17:22

We're hoping to get the zoo added to a content patch sooner rather than later. There are one or two things still to be finished but we hope that it won't take that much longer.

There's still no date for opening wargames as yet. I don't think it will be any time soon.

I should have more information on the "In Development" page next week - there are a number of key people sunning themselves on the beach atm. Damn them. If I can't, neither can they!! :p

N

Tratos
21-07-05, 17:34
Thanks Nid

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 17:35
One question about the zoo - is it an indoor zoo? :lol:
From the look of it now, all those poor creatures are locked up in a huge hangar, with no fresh air or sunshine

/me calls PETA/RSPCA

Toxen
21-07-05, 18:02
Rofl. I'd be more worried bout the fire mobs burning down the zoo and running amok in VIA 1, or poison mobs infecting citizens of NC, though if TG takes over that wouldn't be bad one of the last things i'd do before leaving NC to hide out at city's new base in regeants would be to open the zoo gates and let loose the mobs on TG citizens :P.

Nid can I pick you mind about a couple of issues while we're here.
One is the drug mission from the guy next to the PP HQ entrance in Via 2 i've been told since patch 131 that this will be fixed next patch. Im starting to feel sorry for hoder he's kinda told me that so many times now, Im wondering if the dev's are actually aware that its still broken as things like xbow mission were always sorted in the next patch.

Secondly I know the current policy on modifiying neocron is no unless its an ini file. But I'd like to ask wether it would be allowed to replaced the existing world map, which isn't actually changing anything its just placing a image file in a directory which overides the default one in the pak file. Im thinking as nothings actually been changed in the neocron files that this wouldn't be covered by the current rules.

Nidhogg
21-07-05, 20:42
One is the drug mission from the guy next to the PP HQ entrance in Via 2 i've been told since patch 131 that this will be fixed next patch.This is being worked on now. It will be tested probably tomorrow.

Secondly I know the current policy on modifiying neocron is no unless its an ini file. But I'd like to ask wether it would be allowed to replaced the existing world mapI'm afraid it's not.

N

Toxen
21-07-05, 20:45
What if I emailed the file into whoever at KK and asked for approval? like the team that did the other NC2 launcher?

Infinite
22-07-05, 10:33
U never know.. in a few hundred patchs we might catch up with NC1... joke and truth at the same time... :)

Keep up the good work though.... be back when the withdrawel symptons hit im sure.

Morganth
22-07-05, 14:00
What if I emailed the file into whoever at KK and asked for approval? like the team that did the other NC2 launcher?

I think you have to be German for that to work :rolleyes:

[ edited ]

-FN-
05-08-05, 10:57
I should have more information on the "In Development" page next week...

Nearing Two Weeks sir :) (Unless I missed it somewhere - it's not in the Community Statements Thread)

Nidhogg
05-08-05, 11:17
Believe me, I'm banging on peoples' heads, but no, it's not ready yet.

N

Major Havoc
05-08-05, 11:39
No patch this week?

phew - time to finish running all the TL150 Research Mission cubes I have :D

Angel2002
06-11-05, 11:10
We're hoping to get the zoo added to a content patch sooner rather than later. There are one or two things still to be finished but we hope that it won't take that much longer.

There's still no date for opening wargames as yet. I don't think it will be any time soon.

I should have more information on the "In Development" page next week - there are a number of key people sunning themselves on the beach atm. Damn them. If I can't, neither can they!! :p

N

And now ? :rolleyes:

Tratos
06-11-05, 13:58
Good Point.

[VP]Orion
06-11-05, 14:02
Why bump a several months old thread? Leave them sleeping and start a new one.

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 14:03
Everyone's flat out on Evol 2.1. There's a lot to do there if the deadline is to be met.

N

paolo escobar
06-11-05, 14:11
Seeing as how this thread has already been brought back to life an answer from the KK ppl with regards to tratos previous questions would be the polite thing to do.
Considering its been over 3 months, those ONE or TWO things that needed sorting out with the zoo must have become ten or twenty things that needed sorting out.
A truthful answer from someone who actually knows would be nice.

Anyway here are tratos's questions again for those who forgot or couldnt be arsed to follow up on the communitys simple requests

Nid dont suppose you could answer a few questions? :p

The zoo being the main one on that list, seeing as how it was implied that it was very nearly finished

Edit, god fookin damn, nid answers while i post, just freakin typical.
Well its pretty clear nothing is been done with regards the above items. We can kiss them good bye

Nidhogg
06-11-05, 15:12
Well its pretty clear nothing is been done with regards the above items. We can kiss them good bye
You've got a point with the first sentence, but there's no logical progression from the first to the second.

N

IceStorm
06-11-05, 16:28
There's a lot to do there if the deadline is to be met.Heh. This is us you're talking to, here.

Mr Kot
06-11-05, 16:50
Everyone's flat out on Evol 2.1. There's a lot to do there if the deadline is to be met.
Indeed.

Have you ever tried forcing a grim percy into a cage? O_o

elGringo
06-11-05, 16:52
Indeed.

Have you ever tried forcing a grim percy into a cage? O_o

in what way is this connected to evol 2.1 ? O_o

vashtyphoon78
06-11-05, 17:04
Maybe all these patches mean KK is beginning to realise that Neocron is a untapped goldmine.

Tratos
06-11-05, 17:49
Thing is these issues which cant be sorted because the deadline for NC Evol 2.1 is hovering around have been around and in one case (Dev Page) Announced before NC 2.1 was.

After Evo 2.1 i hope all of Reakktors development time will be used to fix and finish the game with implementing all half finished or previously announced (Private Gaurds, Accessories, etc) features.

Please KK finish what you've started before going off on a tangent.

paolo escobar
06-11-05, 19:50
You've got a point with the first sentence, but there's no logical progression from the first to the second.

N

lol yeah, the insane ramblings of a buffoon.

Was meant to be "Can we kiss them good bye"

And can we?

I'm still praying that the so called "new" dungeon isnt just a rehash of an old one. There is gonna be some dissapointed faces when they see it otherwise. Better still that it entails opening regents legacy.

Obsidian X
06-11-05, 20:08
Better still that it entails opening regents legacy.

Does it? Last time I checked there weren't any plans to open Regents Legacy in the foreseable future... :wtf:

Mr Kot
06-11-05, 20:16
in what way is this connected to evol 2.1 ? O_oerm... the zoo?

Last time I checked there weren't any plans to open Regents Legacy in the foreseable future...
Once upon a time, there were no plans to reintroduce safezones in Plaza / DoY then look what happened ;)
KK can change their minds at any time. All they need is a proper and workable storyline / purpose for Regant's then we will have some new zones to play with.

Obsidian X
06-11-05, 20:29
All they need is a proper and workable storyline / purpose for Regant's then we will have some new zones to play with.

I'd love to see Regants used, but from what I'm aware of, the Dark Metal zones are merely a throwback to early development days, and were never even meant to make it into retail - or so the legend goes. As far as storyline goes, a while ago there did seem to be some activity amongst those tricksy Regant mutants too, but thats all but disappeared these days.

naimex
06-11-05, 20:39
I'd love to see Regants used, but from what I'm aware of, the Dark Metal zones are merely a throwback to early development days, and were never even meant to make it into retail - or so the legend goes. As far as storyline goes, a while ago there did seem to be some activity amongst those tricksy Regant mutants too, but thats all but disappeared these days.

Just cause "Darkmetal" didnīt go as they planned (that is the rumour, an experiment that failed), doesnīt mean they canīt make a "New Darkmetal" map to put in instead.

My dream for "Regant's Legacy" is that it will be a Castle...

A Castle that was the last outpost of a very old war, with robots of some sort, and the entire interior of the castle should be filled with broken stuff, and robotparts scattered all over the castle, and then the "Regantīs Mutants" could live in there, and guard it as they had taken it as their home, and the enhanced weapons they have, could be the weapons of the old robots, and dead enemies that were there once...

And then inside the castle, there should be an entrance to the Basement / Cellar / Escape Tunnel / Catacombs or whatever your heart desires, and in there could be some seriously ill looking enraged bad ass psi mutant bastard, that could drop parts for, or the entire spell for the PSI WoC...

Tratos
06-11-05, 21:07
Hmm... old robots perhaps have salvagable bits to make some RC Car, Tracked, Wheeled toys for the riggers.

RusSki
06-11-05, 21:58
Would be nice if the totally under used and somewhat mysterious regents legacy played a part in the game.
Its just weird how its so out of the way. Only one route in aswell.

I remember back in nc1 when there was loads of mutants with plasma weapons out there guarding the causeway. Got some ace pics somewhere of tonnes of incoming plasma fire from when we made a visit up there.

I liked the 'mutants got clever and got themselves armed' story line kk had going back in the day.

Its a shame nothing ever came of it.

Mr Kot
07-11-05, 03:18
Just cause "Darkmetal" didnīt go as they planned (that is the rumour, an experiment that failed), doesnīt mean they canīt make a "New Darkmetal" map to put in instead.
My point exactly.

Look what happened to the old Outzone sector 8 ....