PDA

View Full Version : Graphic card issues (With NC1 and NC2)

Brammers
20-07-05, 21:01
Ok I've got a very an odd issue with NC2 graphics corruption, which seems to had spread to Neocron 1.

This is what I get with Neocron 2 in DX9 mode. The gun on the reveler is missing.
http://www.techhaven.org/albums/bram-misc/shot0041.sized.jpg

This is Neocron 2 in DX7 mode - this is when I see the corruption big time.
http://www.techhaven.org/albums/misc/shot0017.sized.jpg

And this is Neocron 1 (Yes I fired it up again today)
http://www.techhaven.org/albums/misc/aaa.sized.jpg

I'm using a Geforce 3 TI200, DirectX9 and Windows 2000, with the lastest drivers. Anyone got any bright ideas to what could be causing the problems?

Edit: Bit more information, I never had this problem before with NC1, but I think Windows was rebuilt. Also other games such as Halflife 2 are fine.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-07-05, 21:04
Odd, my friend is getting the same problem, Ill ask him if he knows anything about it

Glok
20-07-05, 21:11
My GF4 gave me major corruption, it disappeared when I got my Radeon. I'm not blaming nVidia, mind, just the facts ma'am. :)

Skusty
20-07-05, 21:21
My geforce 2 mx400 works fine :D No issues ever :D

In nc1 u could lover quality so everything looked faggy

[TgR]KILLER
20-07-05, 21:28
its the drivers bram had that in nc1 to looked like shit changed back to older drivers and that fixed it back then.

Vanten
20-07-05, 21:31
I have the same problem as pic 2 and 3 with my geforce4mx card. Usually happens when i have to relogg several times due to various bugs. DX7

The top most picture looks like a clipping problem, isn't the camera below the ground? Thus not rendering some things correcltly? I may be wrong, but i have seen similar errors in games when the camera accidently gets below ground or inside a model.

|R@zor|
20-07-05, 22:15
I used to have similar problems with my Old ATI 9600XT card in NC1, never really had a problem in NC2 with the old card, or my GF 6600GT

Edit:Just looked at the screenshots again, and i noticed that the bandy things are just seem to be coming from random objects, where as with my old problem they used to come from the centre of the screen (from the Reticule) and spread to the edges.

Brammers
20-07-05, 22:21
My GF4 gave me major corruption, it disappeared when I got my Radeon. I'm not blaming nVidia, mind, just the facts ma'am. :)

Yeah just copied the NC1 folder to the slower ATI box, and it's fine there.

My geforce 2 mx400 works fine :D No issues ever :D

In nc1 u could lover quality so everything looked faggy

I checked the graphic settings, and found a few settings on crap mode, but changing them didn't make any difference.

KILLER']its the drivers bram had that in nc1 to looked like shit changed back to older drivers and that fixed it back then.

Any idea what version to go back to?

I have the same problem as pic 2 and 3 with my geforce4mx card. Usually happens when i have to relogg several times due to various bugs. DX7

The top most picture looks like a clipping problem, isn't the camera below the ground? Thus not rendering some things correcltly? I may be wrong, but i have seen similar errors in games when the camera accidently gets below ground or inside a model.

Ok bad picture, the camera is close to the ground, but it's not a clipping issue. no matter where I stand the Reveler gun will be missing and textures will stretch to the middle of the screen. Let me find a better screenshot.

Edit: Here you go. http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7444

Asurmen Spec Op
20-07-05, 22:30
My friend whos having the issues is using a Radeon 9200.

[TgR]KILLER
20-07-05, 22:31
i'll find out what version i run in a second.. oh and brammers

get ingame -_-

- edit running driver version 6.1.2.1 on my 6800 GT

Obsidian X
20-07-05, 23:04
I get this on my Geforce FX 5900. It seems to have something to do with Alt-Tabbing, though in my case restarting the client usually fixes it.

Brammers
21-07-05, 11:03
I get this on my Geforce FX 5900. It seems to have something to do with Alt-Tabbing, though in my case restarting the client usually fixes it.

I get this when I log in for the first time, everytime.. Alt-tabbing makes no difference. Also restarting, and reloggin makes no differerence either.

@ Asurmen Spec Op - any luck asking your mate?

sanityislost
21-07-05, 11:22
Sex@Bram

Ewww.... i hated that bug....used to get it after playing for more than 12 hours.
Restarting the comp would fix it for me, apart from that havent got a clue how
to fix it, sorry dude :/

SiL ..:..

Tesee
21-07-05, 11:25
I got this with my old 5600FX but only with NC2,
Now I will check with NC2 and my new one (x850xt platinum)

IceStorm
21-07-05, 11:33
Heh. I RMAed a 9700 Pro because of the open polygon problem in picture 3.

For me, replacing my 9700 Pro with a 9800 Pro fixed the problem (ATI sent me a 9800 Pro in RMA). I had chalked it up to heat or bad hardware. It had happened in the past on my original 9700 Pro and was fixed with the new card.

Maybe the card's overheating? Wish I had something more, but that's all I can think of.

RogerRamjet
21-07-05, 11:50
brammers, could you please send me your crosshair? :D

Redburn
21-07-05, 14:36
I've been getting the same problem (bands radiating outwards from the crosshairs) but only when my card starts to get hot.

Selendor
21-07-05, 15:04
I've got it intermittently on Radeon 9800 Pro and my Geforce 4800 before that, but a restart of the application always fixes it.

Riddle
21-07-05, 15:53
Used to get tearing like that in NC1 but just tried several different drivers and stuck with the one that worked.

Now I got me 9800 pro all is fine except when you kill too much shit like in DOY Tunnels , Blood corrupts my screen always:( just relog to get rid.

And had it on me droner a couple of times but with rockets only, ground will change to take on appearance of signage etc. lol must be program glitch. :o

Brammers
22-07-05, 14:37
Maybe the card's overheating? Wish I had something more, but that's all I can think of.

That thought did occour to me, but after a check of the fans and heatsinks, it doesn't look like it. I would suspect it was a overheating problem if the problem got worse and worse.

KILLER']i'll find out what version i run in a second.. oh and brammers

get ingame -_-

- edit running driver version 6.1.2.1 on my 6800 GT

Can't seem to find this on Nvidia's FTP site, haven't got the version of the install file?

I also did a bit of forum searching and I've found a couple more threads. There is definatly a incompatibility between Neocron 2 and Nvidia cards.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=121152 (Here it says to use 45.33 drivers)
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=114618

I've got a 2nd slower ATI box, and that doesn't have any problems at all. Also during Beta, Geforce 3 and some (IIRC) Geforce 4 owners could not use their card in DX9 mode. DX7, was fine.

But to go back to older drivers is not a very good solution for running newer stuff. :mad: