PDA

View Full Version : Kami Chips?

Spermy
20-07-05, 13:16
Erm... short thread, any chance of these getting back ingame?

Jesterthegreat
20-07-05, 13:20
can we have HN removed from op wars while you're at it?

Dargeshaad
20-07-05, 13:33
and PPUs removed as well? :D

Xylaz
20-07-05, 13:34
i'd add para to the list if i may...

nobby
20-07-05, 13:45
And Bordem :p

bounty
20-07-05, 13:56
Advertising and my old friends back as well.

Jesterthegreat
20-07-05, 14:08
delete stealth also

:edit: or *shock* balance it...

Nidhogg
20-07-05, 14:20
Spam will just get this thread closed.

N

Skusty
20-07-05, 14:28
Kami chips, what did they do again? I forgot allabout it...

All i know they dropped of special firemobs in canyons...

Xylaz
20-07-05, 14:52
Kami chips, what did they do again? I forgot allabout it...

All i know they dropped of special firemobs in canyons...

not really, they were 'dropped' by Johny Morietti, the sniper (GM), near his dead body you could find kami mod and few clips of ammo. It removed s/d with one shot so it was nice weapon against monks. But, of course, in a time, spirit mods got duped, exploited to the point that nearly everyone had one. So they were wiped with nc2.

Nidhogg
20-07-05, 14:55
Spirit mod != Kami chip. ;)

N

cMz
20-07-05, 14:55
Kami chips gave a lot of P-C/R-C/APU/H-C and deducted a lot of resist

Tratos
20-07-05, 14:57
you had to kill 120/120*** special DoY soliders that did stupid damage and who stealthed so you only found them when they agrod you :p lol iirc the holy lightning weilding one was a bastard to kill as he did so much damage

Jesterthegreat
20-07-05, 15:00
had a pistol one in my pistol spy and a hc one in my tank

thing is... everythings so easy to cap now they are useless...

Xylaz
20-07-05, 15:12
Spirit mod != Kami chip. ;)

N

bah sorry, i'm sleeping at work ;)

Original monk
20-07-05, 15:23
i had one of each but KK STOLE em (ok they yust removed them outta game lol) from me while upgrading NC1 to NC2 :/ they where yust empty slots in my poor chars heads :/

bah i payed my ass off to get these chips and they where immensly usefull ... not for fightingsetups ... closest to a decent fightingsetup was a kamihybrid (and still ...) but they where IMMENSLY usefull to level up chars ... especially my spy's leveled a great bunch wich the rifle- and pistolkami !

for me they can leave em out lol ... my chars dont need XP nomore

tough i would of loved a riflekamitank using copotrifle (like G.O.D had) :/ (but also these rifles got removed)

Arien
20-07-05, 16:24
as long as the apu kami also took 40 ppu i would be happy to see em back

Asurmen Spec Op
20-07-05, 16:30
as long as the apu kami also took 40 ppu i would be happy to see em back
I belive their old resist penalties were good enough

Arien
20-07-05, 16:50
nope, let me guess..
you played a kami apu?

Selendor
20-07-05, 16:55
The hunt to find them was at the time very exciting. Everyone was trying to figure out the spawning pattern (and accusations of the big clans being tipped off were ripe!) When you found one it was very special, and quite dangerous as those guys could hurt!

Traded mine for a Herc as I recall...

ViCtoR WaRD
20-07-05, 17:10
KAMI SPIRIT REPRESENT

(my french server has a kami too :mad: )

adios

Dribble Joy
20-07-05, 17:14
Kamis are largely irrelevant now as you can cap your weapon with 10 pc and -5 wep.

I was kami for ages, and viable too.

bounty
20-07-05, 17:27
Were Kami chips just a huge negative energy penalty like -200 nrg or was it other resists as well?

Asurmen Spec Op
20-07-05, 17:56
Kamis are largely irrelevant now as you can cap your weapon with 10 pc and -5 wep.

I was kami for ages, and viable too.
yeah I remeber how happy you were when they were removed

Infinite
20-07-05, 18:09
Bring back kamis and spirit mod... make the game worthplaying (i hate monks atm). SPirit mod should remove shelter but do no damage. I don't see any reason they delete kami chips unless it was so they can be BRAND NEW content for WOC...

pistol/rifle were -100 energy-100 piece
HC was -200 pierce - 100 energy
PSI was -100 pierce -200 energy i believe

They gace 50 in there skill 20 in the 2nd skill (mst/tech combat) and +15(?) ath/agility.

Dribble Joy
20-07-05, 18:16
Think I was more upset about that than anything else that has ever happened in NC :p.

The apu one is -200 energy, -100 piercing, the pc/rc ones are -100 of both, and the MC/HC one is -200 piercing, -100 energy.

eprodigy
20-07-05, 19:29
no one would even use it anymore with weapons as they are atm (at least pistols especially)

Trillian
20-07-05, 19:34
you had to kill 120/120*** special DoY soliders that did stupid damage and who stealthed

As far as I remember they didnt stealth...

I remember it took me like a week to finally get a pistol kami for my PE. After putting it in I went to play in PP, and it popped when I got killed. I realized I had droped a lib in my belt so I ran back in, and got killed again. Droped the kami in my belt. Got hacked. I felt SO stupid.

*sighs* the good old days

Glok
20-07-05, 20:24
Hey Trillian... you got your hacknet... :p :wtf:

Trillian
20-07-05, 20:28
Yea, but ive been using that since hackent was first mentioned in NC1, thought of changing it.. just didnt seem right. Besides, I have never really been in hackent, so Im still alowed to want it right?

zii
20-07-05, 20:30
I had a PSI kami chip for my evil hybrid, but it got nerfed and then got deleted. Bless her.

Glok
20-07-05, 20:34
Yea, but ive been using that since hackent was first mentioned in NC1, thought of changing it.. just didnt seem right. Besides, I have never really been in hackent, so Im still alowed to want it right?Hey sure. :D

It's actually really cool, in spite of the whiners. :)

Skusty
20-07-05, 21:00
Fun to have a kami chip with -100 nrgy and u meet a apu... yay im dead :p

now you can take dragon drugs to recover it... :p

Dribble Joy
20-07-05, 21:27
My kami judge PE had 113 total energy.

Mr Kot
23-07-05, 00:01
Yea, but ive been using that since hackent was first mentioned in NC1, thought of changing it.. just didnt seem right. Besides, I have never really been in hackent, so Im still alowed to want it right?
So what are you waiting for?? :p

Long time no see, btw ;)

After putting it in I went to play in PP, and it popped when I got killed. I realized I had droped a lib in my belt so I ran back in, and got killed again. Droped the kami in my belt. Got hacked. I felt SO stupid.
In NC1, wouldn't that have been in your backpack? :confused: Imps dropping are a big risk in NC2 now with the auto backpack recovery "feature" :(

zii
23-07-05, 03:18
I hate the autoback pack feature. Makes no sence. The reasoning was that it littered the dB with too many backpacks, and sometimes this caused people not getting their BPs back but the QuickBelts have the same effect, so I smell something. Unless the code/entries were changed to be more effcient for the QBs, which means we can have the old BPs dropping on the floor again. At least we can quickly run back and claim our QBs again when we die, instead of GRing to a safezone/appy, putting our bits in our GoGo, GRing back with 60% SI and crawling to our QB, only to die again.

Scanner Darkly
23-07-05, 04:14
If bringing them back (perhaps in altered form) meant more variety of setups, I fully support this idea...

I think this is one for Lupus to comment on...

Dirus
23-07-05, 05:51
I hate the autoback pack feature. Makes no sence. The reasoning was that it littered the dB with too many backpacks, and sometimes this caused people not getting their BPs back but the QuickBelts have the same effect, so I smell something. Unless the code/entries were changed to be more effcient for the QBs, which means we can have the old BPs dropping on the floor again. At least we can quickly run back and claim our QBs again when we die, instead of GRing to a safezone/appy, putting our bits in our GoGo, GRing back with 60% SI and crawling to our QB, only to die again.

You're talking about 1 item in a belt versus possibly hundreds in a backpack.

If bringing them back (perhaps in altered form) meant more variety of setups, I fully support this idea...

I think this is one for Lupus to comment on...

Why me? :p

System
23-07-05, 08:16
i miss my Kami in my pure apu.... aww the good old days

giga191
24-07-05, 02:00
Just to clarify, kamis took away armor and not resists.

PcP'
24-07-05, 02:13
old school kami hybrid were the most fun i remember me and cryptochronic got one each and changed to hybrids could use blessed shelt/def, holy heal (but that didn't cast well so switched back to blessed heal) and me and him defended more than one op on our own when attacked. That was real fun the pure adrenilin rush

also someone in dark had a rifle and pistol kami in his spy and could use both and use them well was pretty funny shoots from range stealths pulls out his pistol brilliant

Tratos
24-07-05, 12:32
also someone in dark had a rifle and pistol kami in his spy and could use both and use them well was pretty funny shoots from range stealths pulls out his pistol brilliant

I was tempted to do that but i could never get the chips and im always skint ingame so i couldnt buy em, lol

Dribble Joy
24-07-05, 19:46
Just to clarify, kamis took away armor and not resists.
Resists add to armour, to give a total.
Thus before the Kami I had a total of 213 energy from both con and armour.

Nvidia
24-07-05, 20:20

That was me. ;)

It was amazing. The resist negatives fucked my spy so badly from the rifle one that I figured, why not throw in two since it didn't matter anyway. So, I threw in a second one, and I had a Pain Easer/Slasher spy.

Of course, going to an OP fight and trying to fight from the UG was absolute fucking suicide, but when I'd go solo-PK, it was an amazing combo 4TW. Chew em down from far away, and then move in for the kill as they're taking cover trying to heal. Those got deleted, of course (still something I'm EXTREMELY PISSED at KK for god knows how much later).

I also had one in my APU, Veritas Lux Mea. Most people told me I was an idiot, but having an APU that was completely specced for run speed, had a capped mana pool, capped frequency on all spells, and didn't have to wear PA often made it so I didn't even have to worry about the negatives of it. It was the absolute BEST combination for when I'd go solo-PK with him at MB and things like that. People wouldn't even know what hit em I'd fly in so fast and spam holy lightning until they died. I managed to fill up an entire apartment with dog tags from my solo-raids with him. I'll tell ya, the highest damage-dealing class in the game with capped mana running at capped running speed was almost on par with the old school hybrids was a winning combo, even if you couldn't take hits that well. I'd often run into groups of 5 people, and they'd end up killing themselves I'd weave in and out of them so quickly that they'd hit each other. :D

Once again though, deleted by KK (thanks again). Quite simply, Kami chips gave me the most joy out of anything I've ever done in this game, even if they made me so weak that four bursts from a speed-gat could kill me. Despite how weak they made me, I ganked more people, and lived longer than I ever did without them in, and it's the sole reason why I still choose speed over resists in all my characters to this day. Ah, the good old days. :(

Take it from someone who used them for virtually the time they came in from the kami mobs up to the point KK deleted them - anyone who says you're an idiot for wearing one of those is an idiot for not realizing the powerful potential they were capable of.

Please bring em back, KK. :(

Dribble Joy
24-07-05, 21:46
One of the most thrilling kills I have ever had was when I was kami.

We were patrolling MB when a couple of TGs appeared, both snipers.
We bimbled around trying to find them, when suddenly on the hill next to me one pops out of stealth and starts shooting towards the ASG, I'm behind a tree and he somehow didn't see me.
Remember that back then noone full capped a judge (execpt some of the people who used slashers and execs), this poor guy - who as an SH user, wasn't particuarly tough - presumably looking through his scope at some poor CM noob, suddenly had a clip of plasma unloaded into his face in a few seconds, I watched him try to pull his stealth but he was dead before the animation finished.

Being Kami in NF was great fun too, some people just couldn't accept it :p.

giga191
25-07-05, 01:28
Resists add to armour, to give a total.
Thus before the Kami I had a total of 213 energy from both con and armour. Well 1 point in a resist skill is less than 1 armor point up to about 110 where resists give more benefit

zii
25-07-05, 01:54
You're talking about 1 item in a belt versus possibly hundreds in a backpack.

Yes, and I hoped that there would have been a creative solution to solving the problem instead of simply removing the feature, which effects the game play. Still, life goes on.

giga191
25-07-05, 01:57
Lom addict's backpacks were straining the server too much

Riddle
25-07-05, 14:39
Lom addict's backpacks were straining the server too much

Now its just his belts.....

Well i would like to see them back just for my APU , like the rest of you i see no point with Pistol/rifle etc. weapons as they are.

Could maybe come back as an WOC item :D with a new weapon you can only cap by using it!

Dribble Joy
25-07-05, 18:24
Well 1 point in a resist skill is less than 1 armor point up to about 110 where resists give more benefit
Thought someone might mention that.
I indicated the relationship, not the details.

Up to 100 resist the armour bonus is the resist x 0.9, above 100, it's worth more, with +119 armour at 114 resist.

The point being that you can easily counter the energy malus on a kami if you so wish.

giga191
25-07-05, 18:39
Thought someone might mention that.
I indicated the relationship, not the details.

Up to 100 resist the armour bonus is the resist x 0.9, above 100, it's worth more, with +119 armour at 114 resist.

The point being that you can easily counter the energy malus on a kami if you so wish. Just pointing out what quite a few people were seem oblivious to from what I've read in past threads, but as I expected a man of your caliber knew of it. Indeed :cool: :eek:

Dribble Joy
25-07-05, 18:48
Well experience/lack of social life is more apt than 'caliber', but.. nm..

I'd rather have the heavy/pistol/rifle skill back to where they were, an open ended skill system is much healthier for variation and fending off cookie cutting.

giga191
25-07-05, 19:11
Well experience/lack of social life is more apt than 'caliber', but.. nm...
I needed an excuse to use that word

Trillian
26-07-05, 17:15
So what are you waiting for?? :p

Long time no see, btw ;)

Ive never really played nc2, outside of beta. About the time it came out was the time I lost my internet.

In NC1, wouldn't that have been in your backpack? :confused: Imps dropping are a big risk in NC2 now with the auto backpack recovery "feature" :(
Yes, but I had picked up my backpack before I ran back in.. I wanted to see if what I had droped was worth going to get. (which looking back it wasnt because you know how many libs I had.. )

Dribble Joy
26-07-05, 17:37
GRing to a nonsafezone after you die is just asking for trouble though.