PDA

View Full Version : Major Bug Looting mobs

numb
19-07-05, 22:25
Has anyone else encountered this?

I've been hunting a lot lately. In NC1, I generally just dragged what I wanted from the mob and dropped it on my inventory (it didnt matter where, it was placed automatically in an available slot). Now I've done that the past few days and I've noticed that I've come home with less techs than I saw in the loot I'd cracked open.

What happens is (and I've seen this happen for sure now), I pick up an item from the mob, place it in my inventory, it disappears from the mob loot, but is not in my inventory. If I close the mob loot window and right click the mob again, the loot is still there.

I am finding it quite annoying having to keep my inventory completely organised for hunting (especially considering I mainly using vhcs so I need to collect a fair bit of junk to recycle). On the plus side, I suppose KK are teaching me organisational skills I should have picked up many years ago.

MisterP
19-07-05, 22:34
I've noticed it a lot lately - very most likely due to the recent patching

Disturbed21
19-07-05, 22:41
Noticed it as well...

Asurmen Spec Op
19-07-05, 22:43
Ive found this happens to Spider bots quit regularly, its not new

|R@zor|
19-07-05, 23:03
It's been happening for quite a while, i used to piss and moan about that on OOC quite regularly.

Yeah i noticed it happen on spiderbots mostly, been doing it for months.

bounty
19-07-05, 23:06
Definitely not something new. But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Sakletare
19-07-05, 23:07
It's not new, it's been around forever (NC1 and the stone age). It's because the server and your client doesn't agree where the mob actually lies, it's most frequent with fast mobs like spiderbots but it can happen with all mobs.

The fix: try to loot the mob from a different side, that way you may stand close enough in the servers mind and it will let you have the loot.
OR you can relog after killing the mob, that will refresh the mob position to that the server says it is. Works best with mobs that stay for a long time, for example warbots that you can't seem to target to hack.

Disturbed21
19-07-05, 23:09
/edit *shrug* I don't honestly PvM enough to really be a good judge of this particular bug.

|R@zor|
19-07-05, 23:12
I never got it in NC1 but i left neocron for a while just after NC2 launch and came back in January and have been getting it regularly since then.

dem0n
19-07-05, 23:37
I've got major INV bugs on pandore. I loot something and it doesn't show up in my inventory, I'm not overweight but still I'm not moving at full capacity. or I've gotten a bug where my free load was way over my max carrying weight. I've also got damn item previewing bugs. I'm trying to use a kit but actually I'm just trying to make use of a limb, or you sell 1 limb, which then shows up as 6 limbs, and you end up selling 7 medkits... well you get the picture :P.

Morganth
19-07-05, 23:41
Happened to me on and off since NC1.

Freaky Fryd
20-07-05, 00:10
Yes, it's been around a long time, and yes it's a server/client item location dispute.
Just move a little ways away and try from there. Watch the free load counter - that should tell you if you got it.

dem0n
20-07-05, 00:23
Happened to me on and off since NC1.

unfortunetly it's happening all the time right now, for me on pandore atleast

Sakletare
20-07-05, 00:32
Just move a little ways away and try from there. Watch the free load counter - that should tell you if you got it.
I always open the mobs a second time to make sure i got all the stuff i wanted.

-FN-
20-07-05, 01:09
I've experienced this bug probably about a dozen times in my entire NC career. Sometimes zoning fixes it, if a zoneline is near enough to get to and back before the mob drops.

Martek
20-07-05, 01:25
While I'm still just a noob here, I have also been experiencing this (for the first time for me) only since the last patch (140).

I've been relogging and that clears it up (though often at the price of losing the Sentinal or whatever nice locked and hacked thing I was looting at the time).

I've used different angles of approach and that hasn't helped. But I don't think I tried it very much. I'l try again, only with *feeling*... :)

Cheers,
Martek

netster
20-07-05, 13:05
a) its an positioning error / relog and check the real location of the mob.
b) if u doing rhino leveling + the 'get all'-key + your freeload = red (-0.1 or below) ... u cannot pickup something with the 'get all'-key. handmade moving is your friend than.

Spermy
20-07-05, 13:12
I get it a lot with high end mobs and spiderbots mostly... the big stuff. Usually relooting helps, and/or moving around a bit, something to do with where teh client thinks you are in relation to the mob, and the serverside data disagreeing's my 2 cents, I dunno.

numb
20-07-05, 18:11
This has happened to me at least 20 times in the past couple of days. It only happens when I drag the item to a random spot in my inventory, which may already contain something (so the item has to be placed automatically). It doesnt happen to items that already have a stack in my inventory, just new ones that need a new place.

Since I've noticed this happening, I've made a space in my inventory for tech parts and dragged them to an empty space and it hasnt happened since. I dont think it's a mob positioning problem (unless of course this is all luck..), I believe it is more to do with auto positioning of items in inventory. I suppose I could give this a proper testing out if I get bored.

edit: I've never had to actually move to get the item, just reloot the mob where I'm standing does the job, that's why I dont think it's a mob position problem.

Riddle
21-07-05, 13:24
I'm in favour of the "Take All" button and just throw the shit away. That way I can see straight away if its not picked up, would hate to loose a good drop because of this bug :(

Helps spawn mobs quicker aswell ;)

Nullvoid
21-07-05, 13:58
I get this lots when I run up to a mob and loot it the instant I'm able to. If I then reopen the loot window, get the items a second time, without fail they always pass to my inventory as normal. I suspect therefore it has something to do with the server not thinking you're close enough to the mob's corpse when you first loot.

netster
21-07-05, 15:13
well, i're remembering this bug since nc1 ... hacking wb, cannot loot ...

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 17:36
yes, this bug/feature has been around forever, but happens very rarely in my gaming experience