PDA

View Full Version : Interesting similarity.....

krynstone
19-07-05, 21:39
Check out the pages for "Face of Mankind" it has an eerily similar look to neocron's system:
http://fomportal.com/?page=home.php&lang=en&section=0

They just have more color because of a different setting and a little more detail in the everyday objects around town. Some of the ideas for this game seem interesting. Duplex systems eh?...almost look like Duplex systems could be Reakktor's sibling.

Nidhogg
19-07-05, 22:08
Thread moved.

N

krynstone
19-07-05, 22:41
Sorry...my mistake..Wont happen again
Good to know that your out there though:)...relentlessly filtering posts.

darkservent
20-07-05, 12:31
what you mean the screenshots.

Jesterthegreat
20-07-05, 13:25
now check the pics of the new engine thats going into the game...

any cyber punk / post apoc game will have similarities with nc. its the first game to take this genre to the level it's at now.

nobby
20-07-05, 13:48
where did you find screenshots of the game with the new engine?

Rob01m
20-07-05, 13:57
where did you find screenshots of the game with the new engine?

Here's some information about the new engine, but these are not screenshots of Face of Mankind.

http://www.touchdownentertainment.com/jupiter.htm

nobby
20-07-05, 13:58
oh i see...

BTW

can anyone explain to me what all the green circles represent on the server thingy screen?

Rob01m
20-07-05, 14:00
oh i see...

BTW

can anyone explain to me what all the green circles represent on the server thingy screen?

Online status?

For example, if all the non-test related servers showed as green then every area in the game is fine. If one were red, that area is likely down, like lets say a colony or Manhattan. I think that's how it works... Each area has its own "server" or more probably a couple in some cases indicated by those dots.

nobby
20-07-05, 14:06
So can we not play with only like 3 or 4 reds?

Rob01m
20-07-05, 14:17
You can play but you can't enter the area that's down.

For example, I made a character and started in Manhattan. That server happened to be down at the time, and I had to wait to log in until it was up again. For everyone else, everything was fine until they tried to enter Manhattan, in which case they get greeted by the loading screen like me forever.

It's better to look at the server "map" rather than the server numbers. I believe the testing/development type servers are still listed in the #s but not on the map, so all the red ones could still be development related and not the game.

darkservent
20-07-05, 14:34
Though one thing to remember is that when the patch is applied it wont look any more different to how it was. Just some extra lighting effects. I think well see the engine in action once the new models are up and hopefully a rethinking on the weapons. I still wanna see a hotbar in the game, been crying to duplex to put one in.

Original monk
20-07-05, 15:07
yeah the servers work a bit like the project entropia servers ... youre in that area and its down ... you cant play :/