PDA

View Full Version : what is the situation?

Tesee
19-07-05, 18:23
Hi all,

After a long break I will come back on NC2 I am used to ex Venus server and ex Pandore server (I'm french) and I would like to know the situation on Terra:

which is the dominant faction (if there is one) ?

is the OP war very active beetween Neocron and the Dome on Terra?

Are there "dead" (empty) factions?

TIA:)

Mr Kot
19-07-05, 18:26
Dominant faction appears to be TG, with CA and TT catching up.

OP wars are VERY active atm.

Dead factions include DRE and Tsunami with ProtoPharm going the same way. As you're used to Venus and Pandore, forget about Anarchy Breed. You cannot join, your nearest contact with that faction is sniping the vandals in the grassland / coast / swamp sectors.

Original monk
19-07-05, 18:32
hey DRE faction isnt dead, there's still 1 ppu monk in there since beta4 who cannot leave the faction due to emotional reasons :p

LTA
19-07-05, 18:49
As you're used to Venus and Pandore, forget about Anarchy Breed. You cannot join, your nearest contact with that faction is sniping the vandals in the grassland / coast / swamp sectors.

There was only about 5 actual ab runners still if that not like the whole server was ab most people were long timers of a faction and everyone was well aware of the venus only ab since it created plenty of threads here :p

and Biotech is pretty dead to so no bfe style ownage for you lol

coppertop
20-07-05, 17:57
I am also trying to return to NC for at least a one month period if I can ever get click2refuse to actually accept a payment from me. I have been returning e-mails for a few months now but they just dont want to accept my cash....lol......Who ever knew it could be so hard to give your money away... :angel:

Philchow
20-07-05, 18:01
and Biotech is pretty dead to so no bfe style ownage for you lol

IIRC, Tesee was not BFE but Ordo Ex. (Hélix Corp now).

LTA
20-07-05, 18:45
IIRC, Tesee was not BFE but Ordo Ex. (Hélix Corp now).

They were all always stuck behind bfe when we faught em so may aswell refer to em all as one :p

Lifewaster
21-07-05, 08:43
WB

Terra may soon have more french players btw as pandore soon becomes the new Pk server and char transfers from Pandore to Terra become available in the course of this.

Terra map currently:

TG(anti) controls the entire east/south/lower centre from nemesis/soliko through cycrow/malstrond/regant to simmons.

FA(anti) controls the top east of the map across to Avenger/Hawkins.

CM(anti?) have a slight presence at syncom after recently losing their MB ops to TT

TT(pro) after long fighting against TG(+ most of doy at times) for the lost south and east ops have now rebased around MB(previously CM owned) and currently hold that north west corner of ops about battledome.

CA(pro) have a new formed clan going strong , holding Chester/Emerson/Avenger , and agressively taking a new fight to FA at the moment.

Overall things are reasonably good, with the new CA vs FA situation removing the prior zerg effect of bored DOY factions tagging along to TG fights vs pros.

I'd expect TT may now recover soon and bring a fight back to TG for the Neocron adjacent ops and more perhaps.

Unsure what is happening with CM

We shall see.

Selendor
21-07-05, 10:17
An accurate synopsis.

Op wars are very active during the summer months. I suspect they will slow down again come September.

Riddle
21-07-05, 11:02
I am somewhat confused as to why TT moved to take the west instead of maintaining pressure on the south. :confused:

Especially given Jeriko is in Anti hands now and is right in the face of the city :D

Tesee
21-07-05, 11:20
They were all always stuck behind bfe when we faught em so may aswell refer to em all as one

Which clan were you in ? (just to be sure you were not stuck to somebody ...)

Clobber
21-07-05, 14:29
I am somewhat confused as to why TT moved to take the west instead of maintaining pressure on the south. :confused:

Especially given Jeriko is in Anti hands now and is right in the face of the city :D

Its because of a doy loving CM clan. Anti would probably have taken them as well by now but they dont wanna take merc ops now do they ? :rolleyes:

Selendor
21-07-05, 15:01

We owned Jeriko the day before last. Anti City's presence there will not be permanent we hope.

Riddle
21-07-05, 15:45
We owned Jeriko the day before last. Anti City's presence there will not be permanent we hope.

I am aware of this :p In fact a week or so ago city owned from the SW to CRP. That brought a smile to my face because i felt city might be on the up, then i log on and :( mostly gone.

COME ON NC CITY!! KICK SOME ASS :angel:

Tostino
21-07-05, 16:50

Well that is beacuse FLR had 3 people on when "TT" took their ops.
Also you guys make it seem like pro are the underdogs. To me that is not the case, the main (only?) TT clan are the biggest on the server. The new CA clan is not bad sized either. The "bigger" TG clan is about the same size as the TT clan, and the "smaller" TG clan is alittle smaller then the CA clan.

LTA
21-07-05, 17:10
Which clan were you in ? (just to be sure you were not stuck to somebody ...)

I was stuck to feiticeira 99.9% of the time protecting his ass from all of you :p

Sanzen
21-07-05, 17:42
Well that is beacuse FLR had 3 people on when "TT" took their ops.
Also you guys make it seem like pro are the underdogs. To me that is not the case, the main (only?) TT clan are the biggest on the server. The new CA clan is not bad sized either. The "bigger" TG clan is about the same size as the TT clan, and the "smaller" TG clan is alittle smaller then the CA clan.

There are also FA clan the same size as TG clan and another FA clan same size as CA clan. Also there are CM clan(read Doy clan).

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 17:55
It seems the neocron clans choose not to cooperate to defeat their common enemy, whereas doy clans realise that the interests of their faction/city are more important that individual inter-clan squabbles and egos.

Neocronians mistakenly call this the zerg...

Sanzen
21-07-05, 18:52
bring back old faction system and the problem will be solved.

Tostino
21-07-05, 20:58
I keep forgeting that FA op beacuse I never see em / am never on when they do. I can't even say how many members R2K has that play...

Edit: And at that comment that pro don't op together and anti do... It goes bolth ways. If one clan has few members on they will aloways call for help if they are outnumberd.... And then the clan that comes has more members then the atacking clan did in the first place so they call allies to make it fair and then it just turns in to a big zerg. Bolth sides do it, get over it.

Scanner Darkly
22-07-05, 01:20
I think you missed my point. Let me redux it here for you: there is nothing wrong with multi clan forces fighting each other. In fact it often makes fights more interesting (if the forces are about equal). Too many people cry zerg without using a single braincell...

Morganth
22-07-05, 02:05
I think you missed my point. Let me redux it here for you: there is nothing wrong with multi clan forces fighting each other. In fact it often makes fights more interesting (if the forces are about equal). Too many people cry zerg without using a single braincell...

I don't have a problem with it, I use the term "zerg" to mean an insane number of players in comparison to my own force. I couldn't care whose clan they were in, the fact is they are there. Some clans regard it as a tactic to survive, which is pathetic (and many will know this is my stance, if you track back to my anti-FF protests :p ). The only time I will agree to zerging another clan is if they are zerging allies that are calling for help.

I know my clan still plays NC for the OP fights, because there is no other PvP like it. We don't see the point of another clan taking our OPs in the middle of our night (timezone dependant, of course), or for another clan turning up to one of our OPs to take it when we clearly don't have enough members online to actually defend it sufficiently to regain control.

There should be a filter on every warzone that stops people being able to hack an OP if the clan they are currently in has more members online than the OP they were trying to take. Not only would it stop ninjas, but it would mean fights would have to be skill-based and stop people leaving characters afk overnight for whatever reason. But I guess thats too carebearish for the oh so uber clans I "fight" against.

Tratos
22-07-05, 10:58
Then there would probably be for example "FF OP Division" (Only because you mentioned them) with one member who was a hacker who would do the last hack and take the OP, then no other clans could take it if i understand how you plan to implament this.

LaZyBoY
22-07-05, 10:59
It will never work clan could just log off and not even fight when people came to take the op.

Selendor
22-07-05, 11:16
There should be a filter on every warzone that stops people being able to hack an OP if the clan they are currently in has more members online than the OP they were trying to take. Not only would it stop ninjas, but it would mean fights would have to be skill-based and stop people leaving characters afk overnight for whatever reason. But I guess thats too carebearish for the oh so uber clans I "fight" against.

Don't think you've thought that one through. On that basis, a clan with 2 people could take an op then never log on and hold it indefinitely.

Zerg is just an insult people use when they lose, along with 'Carebear tactics', 'exploiting', 'ninja', etc etc. The goal is to demean the opposition, and to preserve the fragile ego of the defeated player. And I am not immune from accusing others of zerging when defeated. But at the end of the day these are the rules that KK have set out, and people are free to play how they like.

For instance, when we lost Jeriko the other night I was angry with the underhand tactics I had observed from our opponents, which had put us on the back foot. But it took a wise clan mate to remind me that we should have beaten them anyway, that if we get our tactics and teamwork spot on, it shouldn't matter what the opposition do.

Xylaz
22-07-05, 11:40
warzones should have normal belt drop rules, but hopefully it will be solved along with pvp server... right KK?

Tesee
22-07-05, 14:52
Selendor is right but often I feel that the problem is :

The defeated ones don't tolerate that there are some better fighters than themselves
The winning team don't tolerate to defeat "bad fighters" "carebear" or worse "<any insult here>"

PS: I am a carebear and proud to be one.

Selendor
22-07-05, 14:58
warzones should have normal belt drop rules, but hopefully it will be solved along with pvp server... right KK?

1. Op wars would be all about winning with the greatest numbers to make sure you don't die and drop a belt. (Just like the pvp server will be...). The fun in op wars would be gone.

2. You can do that as soon as you promise me I won't fatal or synch in the middle of an op fight...which will never happen.

Lifewaster
22-07-05, 16:34

Which is why the PvP server will become the Stealth PvP server for spies and pes to play on when they cant find anyone to neofrag with :p

Xylaz
22-07-05, 17:01
1. Op wars would be all about winning with the greatest numbers to make sure you don't die and drop a belt. (Just like the pvp server will be...). The fun in op wars would be gone.
OP wars were never fun for me because of the stupid no belt drop rule...

2. You can do that as soon as you promise me I won't fatal or synch in the middle of an op fight...which will never happen.
well, i accept the fact that i can loose something due to bug, maybe others should too...

but its pointless anyway, at least, untill we know something about this pvp server.

Besides, as far as i remember, u said you wont go there? (same as lifewaster?) If you wont go there why to worry then?

Selendor
22-07-05, 17:41
Ah, you were talking about the pvp server, sorry. You're right I won't be going there so they can change what they like. I thought you were wanting belt drop warzones for Terra.

eprodigy
22-07-05, 22:47
Which is why the PvP server will become the Stealth PvP server for spies and pes to play on when they cant find anyone to neofrag with :p
that would be good.. is why they should remove PPUs on it, so its actually enjoyable.. otherwise it is going to be everyone running around with a PPU because they cant even sync when they lose..

Lifewaster
23-07-05, 01:19
Naw I'll still go and try it for sure.

Morganth
23-07-05, 03:29
Don't think you've thought that one through. On that basis, a clan with 2 people could take an op then never log on and hold it indefinitely.

Zerg is just an insult people use when they lose, along with 'Carebear tactics', 'exploiting', 'ninja', etc etc. The goal is to demean the opposition, and to preserve the fragile ego of the defeated player. And I am not immune from accusing others of zerging when defeated. But at the end of the day these are the rules that KK have set out, and people are free to play how they like.

For instance, when we lost Jeriko the other night I was angry with the underhand tactics I had observed from our opponents, which had put us on the back foot. But it took a wise clan mate to remind me that we should have beaten them anyway, that if we get our tactics and teamwork spot on, it shouldn't matter what the opposition do.

Wish I could believe this. 12 vs 13 earlier and Paradox beat SoldierZ. 15ish SoldierZ/U4N/Suspects vs 5 Paradox and we lose. So it seems that when both clans are matched player-wise, you lose. Nicely done, we lost because we were outnumbered, not because of lack of skill. Tie that with the fact everyone was getting terrible FPS in Jankins zone, and you have our demise. Paradox don't have fragile ego's, at the end of the day we will just turn your tactics back at you. The funny thing is, you've only managed to beat us (or any DoY clan from what I have seen), by using extreme numbers. Perhaps if you focused on skill as opposed to numbers, you might stand half a chance keeping an OP when we attack back.

Oh, and tell your guys that they are gonna have to try a lot harder to kill me than they did at Jankins today. I had no S/D and a n00b heal and got from the UG area to the GR on 90hlt. Either you guys are shite, or I am godlike. Take your pick.

eprodigy
23-07-05, 05:09
yep pro city is being extremly hypocritical considering how much they hated FF for zerging, they lose every fight they dont bring redicously greater numbers to.. epsecially after i saw that FF has been good lately and matching numbers when the attacking clan didn't have a lot online. im not sure what tactics can win you the fight when you have 4 vs 13...

not that im complaining about that... with op's fights being all monks the only determining factor is who has more people and which one has more ppus, unless one side is just a joke.

When a clan brings double or triple numbers then the other one has online, thats a zerg, its not a insult and the clan who zergs cares more about their name on an OP then having a good fight so I'd say let them have it. The type of clan that zergs is probably the one who will lose the second they cant rely on pure numbers.

It's like fighting with a ppu vs someone without, if you win it thats great you choose PPU > skill and i never complain abotu that ingame and I'll even say GF until that person is one to gloat/insult over it having used cheap tactics (2vs1, and more importantly the great imbalance of PPUs)

Selendor
23-07-05, 11:33
Honestly, I make a general point about name calling in Neocron and you guys think its directed at you? I don't care who you are, or who had what on and when. No one in pro city is being hypocritical, I didn't hear any complaints from our defeat to Paradox last night.

And yes I'm rubbish. I absolutely suck. And so does my clan. I'm the worst PPU that ever lived. You should be able to kill me on your tradeskiller alt, I'm that bad. I will para my own teammates because I think it looks 'spangly'. We can hardly talk sometimes we're that illiterate. The only time we understand each other is when someone calls ZERG and we all rush to attack the clan with the fewest members on. We really are scum. We regularly sacrifice small regant mutant children in our clan app. And we Ninja, all the time. And we exploit, oh my how we exploit. You should really hate us.

You really are godlike to me, I can't fathom your skills on the battlefield. In fact, I was thinking of erecting a monument to you in my house, so that I might worship you and seek to understand your greatness. Just how is it that you do that thing you do? Are you single right now?

Is this what Neocron players want to hear? Is your life complete now?

Morganth
23-07-05, 11:49
I didn't hear any complaints from our defeat to Paradox last night.
I wouldn't be surprised, you were beaten with equal numbers. People don't tend to moan as much if they lose due to lack of skill as opposed to lack of numbers.

Is this what Neocron players want to hear?

No, what I'd like to hear is SoldierZ actually winning an OP other than by brute force and overwhelming numbers. [ edited ]

Nidhogg
23-07-05, 12:20
I've heard enough. Thread closed. BTW, Morganth, you're lucky I'm not banning you for that last comment.

N