PDA

View Full Version : Back again

Aarowyn
19-07-05, 17:02
Well, I am back now for a while. Been playing other games since I last left... But they just have no heart...

I logged onto Terra with one of those free accounts and it was pretty dead. I have been reading that there is gonna be a french invasion on Terra. That sounds so delightfully bloody that I reactivated my account...

See everyone online...

/smirks

Scanner Darkly
19-07-05, 17:41
welcome back you

Aarowyn
20-07-05, 14:59
OMG....

I get logged in and my PPU is on the roof. I take 1 step and I fall to my doom...

I GR and notice I have lost about 30% of my stats and all my PSI mods. 8|

I sent an email to helpdesk, I know I lost my creds and my PSI mods forever, but I hope they can find out what happened to my XP.

Why was I on the roof? It wasnt even a playable area. I guess it could have been worse, I could have GR'd back in 200 feet off the ground. (Escador Oasis anyone)...

[TgR]KILLER
20-07-05, 15:15
after looking around on the citycom i gues that was you dming me yesterday ;x kinda lost you in the end since i had to log my ppu to help fight some pker. welcome back none the less.

Tratos
20-07-05, 15:21
Welcome Back....as for the roof thing, you should have been in your apt if youve just transfered the character O_o

Ascension
25-07-05, 16:20
if u were on saturn just before the start of NC2 then unfortunately, you lost your xp due to a huge rollback, the rollback was for about 2/3 weeks.

have a nice day.

Original monk
25-07-05, 16:27
have a nice day.

8| lol

cruel :)

Dargeshaad
25-07-05, 16:31
8| lol

cruel :)
the truth hurts ;)

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:43
if u were on saturn just before the start of NC2 then unfortunately, you lost your xp due to a huge rollback, the rollback was for about 2/3 weeks.

have a nice day.

I came across a nice little bug when I came back from WoW. I logged in one day and my PPU was normal. Next day I log in, and my overcapped XP had reset for STR/CON/DEX, and INT had reset back to the current level. Helpdesk told me it wasn't their problem that their backup policy isn't even sufficient enough to support a single user that only creates text files of a max size of 8bits.

Now, unless your XP resets everytime you log, how does the server know how much to put you on when you log back in? Oh thats right, it only stores a single value, which won't account for a sudden loss of XP because the DB thinks that 2 + 2 is the same as slapping a postman with a wet fish. Perhaps KK should keep a temporary history of these kind of important data units, like every other sane company does. Even if they only kept them for 3 days, thats still long enough for any active person to notice their XP or whatever has vanished.