PDA

View Full Version : Overlap casting

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 20:08
With drugs, when you see the bar tick down before the drug runs, you can take another and maintain the effects, but you can't do the same with spells.

Should you?

Riddle
18-07-05, 20:10
Only if lower level spells cannot overcast your current spell.

Don't want those nib buffs to be even harder to defend against ;)

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 20:12
I was thinking the same spell, as with drugs.

Xeno LARD
18-07-05, 20:12
Uh, i think it was actually possible ages ago. Might be wrong though.

Bring it back, can't see a problem with it.

BloodLetting
18-07-05, 20:14
No I like the strategy it creates the way it is.

Riddle
18-07-05, 20:15
I was thinking the same spell, as with drugs.

well then i see no problem with it really apart from maybe chain holy healing thus not allowing nib heal to interfer with your rampage

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 20:18
well then i see no problem with it really apart from maybe chain holy healing thus not allowing nib heal to interfer with your rampage
As with many things, the details seem to be getting in the way...

Nib buffing is a matter of contention, as to whether it should be allowed to persist (it is not an intended part of the gameplay) or not.

RogerRamjet
18-07-05, 20:21
Man, you shouldnt have put the droms and shatnors option in. People will se it and just click it.

Riddle
18-07-05, 20:23
As with many things, the details seem to be getting in the way...

Nib buffing is a matter of contention, as to whether it should be allowed to persist (it is not an intended part of the gameplay) or not.

Hey i hate it ;) but it was pointeds out it was a valid way to take out a PPU however i would like to see spells overide as i have been caught out a few times ;) so yeah, dont see why not

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 20:29
Personally I would allow high tl versions of the same spell type to override llower ones, but only as part of a wider PPU resolution.

Disturbed21
18-07-05, 20:35
Personally I would allow high tl versions of the same spell type to override llower ones, but only as part of a wider PPU resolution.

Absolutely agree.
I like the idea but with the current situation of PPUs - I have to vote no.
Primary buffs - fine
S/D and heal - no

Spermy
18-07-05, 22:38
I'm against it - purely selfish though.

My view.

Being able to over lap means pretty much a permanant spell effect correct? Something I'd find quite annoying with say, a PPU or maybe a PE in a straight fight. Not impossible, just annoying.

Nullvoid
18-07-05, 23:09
We've yet to see how ppu's will fair when heals get sorted out, so in principle I'm very much for it.

zii
18-07-05, 23:47
I'm against it - purely selfish though.

My view.

Being able to over lap means pretty much a permanant spell effect correct? Something I'd find quite annoying with say, a PPU or maybe a PE in a straight fight. Not impossible, just annoying.

In a PE va PPU one on one fight the PPU should live most of the time, since a PPU is pure defensive. One PE shouldn't usually be able to take down a pure PPU.

not a bad idea though, this poll.

Arien
19-07-05, 01:33
if it were only the same version that was possible to be overlap casted it would abolish newb buffing to a degree, as the holy spell would never 'wear' so there would never be a chance to apply the low level buff, perhaps add a very short period after an antibuff where the spells quickly wear off so the ppu gets a chance to recast shelter quickly before he/she is newb buffed

if any ppu fails to rebuff in that time then they deserve to get newb buffed

Spermy
19-07-05, 10:59
In a PE va PPU one on one fight the PPU should live most of the time, since a PPU is pure defensive. One PE shouldn't usually be able to take down a pure PPU.

not a bad idea though, this poll.

*pokey poke*

*whisper*

Twas more a point of fighting against PEs or PPUs. Agreed - poll is an ace idea, and a nifty suggestion now I think a bit more.

Mr Kot
19-07-05, 18:12
Sounds a good idea for primes, as its not always convenient to have to recast 3 of them when they run out.

Not so sure about keeping a perma heal on tho. As much as people moan about noob buffing... it's pretty much the only way to kill a ppu (or ppu buffed raider) when you're on your own or without zerg-o-cron apu support.

zii
19-07-05, 18:26
Why we're talking about the littel spell indicaters on the side of the screen (OK, we're not but), and I know I should start a new thread about it, but it really would be useful to be able to see what drugs are running out, in the same way you can move your move over the spell and it tells you what spell was cast. I know this was primarily added so that people knew what had been foreign cast on them. It would save me taking the wrong drugs all the time. Not that this has much to do with this topic nor poll...