PDA

View Full Version : The swamp

Toxen
18-07-05, 17:23
Number of people has raise issues bout the fact that CRP and fire caves and canyon hunting area's are particularly dominated by anti's, even I think it was lupus that said he would like see a another type of crp type site somewhere south.

But hows about this some sort of forward outpost in the swamp couple of villages there are already the foundations and could be expanded we've got the main cliff wall there at several points that a crp style building could be placed against, throw in the standard Go-Go and GR, which are realling missing out there at the moment, The traders at the villages provide the supplies for people venturing there, which cycrow lab traders currently do for CRP. If regeants is going where i think it is this could be a great forward firebase, I would be tempted to put in a ASG though to balance out the map slightly, be we all know what vech's are like with water... so in turn this could eventually lead to a new hover vech that can deal with crossing water.
Once the base is in there are other issues to balance things out with the CRP style zone. Well technically only one swamp caves are already there to mirror the chaos caves. But what does need sorting is the out door swamp mobs, I belive the current top ones level out at 45/45 which are the swamp warriors unless you count the "lil bastards" hiding in E-03, we don't even have the high level mutants which were the high level mobs in these area's until regeants got closed down.. I can only hope when lupus brings it back online we'll get them spawning all over the swamp either that or we see some new swamp mobs to mirror terror maulers, grim persecutors.

So what do people think, Personally I feel the swamps been rather neglected since regeants went bye bye, and something like this with the base placed against the south wall of F-04 and increased mobs would bring back a good portion of leveling and hunting to the swamps... the only down side is that ceres temple will be found by more people... though I don't really think thats a problem.

BloodLetting
18-07-05, 17:30
Great idea. I love the swamp areas but it needs more content out there.

Original monk
18-07-05, 18:26
i like the idea of more content at the swamps, tough this been asked many many times by many people, so what i did was make my chars anti for a while and level crp ... or yust stay pro and sneak into catlock bay :P

anticity apu/ppu teams dont seem to like the fact procitypeople hunt at "there" caves, makes leveling fun :D

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 18:54
More content in general at the WL villages needs to be brought in.

Half the reason noone goes to many areas is that there is simply no reason to.
Too much stuff is directly availiable from faction HQs and only a few small lvling items are out of the way (via HEW shops or the pp3 psi vendors).

nobby
18-07-05, 18:55
i like the idea of more content at the swamps, tough this been asked many many times by many people, so what i did was make my chars anti for a while and level crp ... or yust stay pro and sneak into catlock bay :P

anticity apu/ppu teams dont seem to like the fact procitypeople hunt at "there" caves, makes leveling fun :D

"Their"

Tratos
18-07-05, 19:14
Nobby, seriously what was the point?

Anywhom, There needs to be a CRP equivelant on the west side (fo' shizzle) of the map, now perhaps this new facility could be near Jankins, if not in the same sector with GR (so it is very like CRP) as theres a swamp cave in the zone, an outpost and a secondary non op GR 2-3 sectors away as well as being 3-4 sectors away from military base.

So if Jankins was used you would have pretty much an exact replica of Canyon Reloading Point but in the swamps and drew a line diagonaly across the map it would even out the bias as each side of the line would have a city, a secondary facility/faction home and a CRP like area.

Well there doesnt need to be one but it would be nice.

Dribble Joy
18-07-05, 19:37
Other than point red (which isn't exactly the most usefull public GR) there isn't much access to the area unlike in the east and north.

Toxen
18-07-05, 19:37
Placed at Jankins or around jankins would, place it too far north and to within a densely populated region and north of most caves it should be based in the swamp rather than on the edge of it, it would be far better place as a staging point for moving onto regeants or ceres or further into the swamps plus two public GR's that close to a number of ops would be plain unfair on any defending clans.

Tratos
18-07-05, 19:42
plus two public GR's that close to a number of ops would be plain unfair on any defending clans.

....like at CRP, as DRT is just 3 zones away

spanz
18-07-05, 19:43
technicly adding new spots shoudlnt be big problem , even add some caves like at crp.

All scripts are done already all needed to be done is make graphic change somewhere on wall and viola , new caves.

Same thing with discused for long time "regants legacy" , put some mutant spawns and you got it.

Basicly KK can make ALOT of new areas , new XP areas to be precise about it, with minimum cost of enviroment modeling , changing etc. All work is already done there is only need to copy/paste some already existing scripts.

I know u guys are very busy , but one or two days of work can improve world and possibilities to explore for most of players.

Im not talkin bout creating new bosses , caves , monsters. Just make some copies in more places at map.

Lifewaster
19-07-05, 07:44
I dunno whats planned for reagents legacy , but considering antis have the TG canyon , I think legacy should definitely become a pro-city base zone with a gr and guards etc.

The the empty zone next to legacy should then be made a warzone with a new op and given firemobs and a chaos cave just as crp has.

Pro city will then get their own warzone to hang out in with fire mobs , a chaos cave , and easy access from the legacy base should the op be taken by antis.

nobby
19-07-05, 07:50
I agree, more content is needed in swamps...

4 stars

Tratos
19-07-05, 08:25
I dunno whats planned for reagents legacy , but considering antis have the TG canyon , I think legacy should definitely become a pro-city base zone with a gr and guards etc.

The the empty zone next to legacy should then be made a warzone with a new op and given firemobs and a chaos cave just as crp has.

Pro city will then get their own warzone to hang out in with fire mobs , a chaos cave , and easy access from the legacy base should the op be taken by antis.

Fire mobs in the swamp doesnt really fit :/

Morganth
19-07-05, 08:39
I like the idea of adding content to the swamp areas, especially if it went along with the reopening of Regents. I remember when I was driven to MB on my first character, and ended up stopping for about 10mins because I wanted to run around in the swamps killing the mobs because they were new to me :lol:

Superbron
19-07-05, 08:53
Yes, I would like more content in the swamp as well. 5 stars.

Original monk
19-07-05, 13:46
nobby there is no point in correcting my spelling cause a day later i allready forgot and make the same mistake again :(

their ya go ! :D

Riddle
19-07-05, 14:04
Swamps definately need some attention but so does half the game :D

The real problem stems from Dumping the DOY where it is for NC2 without re-arranging levelling zones from NC1.

Now anti city have an advantage to levelling over the city.

But rather than re-arrange now, the placement of extra caves to the west or higher level mobs should be a viable solution to allow levelling without crowding for XP ;)

We all seen it at El-Farid on a busy night :lol:

Nullvoid
19-07-05, 15:15
Some additional cave/levelling area revolving around those little squid/jellyfish guys would be kinda cool.

Scanner Darkly
19-07-05, 17:50
I think the swamp is nice too, killing the shaman is always fun and it's soloable for most people...

just useless for aoe/monks (they level faster elsewhere)

Toxen
21-07-05, 15:40
I mean look at the swamp at the moment very little reason to go there since there are swamp caves accessible from gravis and jankins, regeants is pointless unless you enjoy been stung to death by lupus's little pets and beyond that is Ceres temple which your going to visit perhaps a 4-5 times. And has some of the nicest architechture in the game. But in the mobs that inhabit there swamps which are all pritty much all low levels there are about 4-6 trophy types. I also feel that poison spells have been neglected for apu's. The chaos queen drops a rare spell and some crappy fire spells. Yet the shamian drops crappy poison spells and 1 of 2 rare drugs sometimes or sometimes a tech part. I deffinately feel theres an opening for a new type of drop only poison spell.. or possibly turn things on their heads and give the special drop to another class... ppu, how would people feel about anti poison sanctum coming back in as a drop only spell. Personally I feel that the pull of anti poison sanctum, in the nc1-nc2 transfer was due to lack of usage and interaction with poison mobs.

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 17:32
[..]Personally I feel that the pull of anti poison sanctum, in the nc1-nc2 transfer was due to lack of usage and interaction with poison mobs.

I think it got taken away to weaken PPU monks, similarly to HCS... since it practically eliminated poison damage from ppus and/or those hugging the PPU...

Toxen
21-07-05, 17:52
And did it have that effect... not really, the fact is poison isn't used much anyway, majority of time is at opwars where zoneing just deals with it. What two weapons other than poison spells that can deal poison damage. So doubtful that it weakend PPU's it probably gave them another slot for spells though. the HCS is a different story that been pulled did weaken ppu's but then again most ppu's these days don't bother with anti db, anti para and anti dotes since most of the time they just end up castings primes and s/d and heal and DB. Anyway the ticker on poison dammage has always been out-healable. Anti poison sanctum, was mostly used in swamp caves since it was pulled there has been a decrease in large groups caving at the swamps, it becomes easier to solo, and for large groups to goto chaos caves which are more easily accessible. the anti poison sanctum and HCS, was what made leveling at swampcaves for monks viable, perhaps if the carrier had been working properly earlier on in NC2 or some type of swamp crossing transport was availiable this would have been different and groups would be more inlcined to go there with ease of access. But with the lack of hunting there I feel that the swamps been neglected. Perhaps its time to put some work in on developing the west side of the map.

Tratos
21-07-05, 17:55
Hover techs should be beaten into submission to hover over water, or a hovercraft vehicle should be added for swamp exploration.

sanityislost
21-07-05, 17:56
Great idea...5 stars.
Regeants was one of the first places i went to in the NC2 beta was disappointed
nothing had been done with it.

Would be nice if they filled the area full of mutants again, then had a lvling area
inside regeants with hard mobs.

SiL ..:..

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 18:02
When rezzing a HAPs would help deal with Devourers, which still hurt a PPU even with poison belt.

At some OPs, some of my charges get poisoned and holyantidote deals with that, so that's not a problem. I carry/use all 3 of the counter spells you mentioned if I'm playing defensively, antishock is a must for any ppu, the other 2 I usually swap for holy damage boost and HP...

We should have 12 slots in the QB tbh :D

Toxen
21-07-05, 18:11
Great idea...5 stars.
Regeants was one of the first places i went to in the NC2 beta was disappointed
nothing had been done with it.

Would be nice if they filled the area full of mutants again, then had a lvling area
inside regeants with hard mobs.

SiL ..:..

Well what i do know (from cmaster) is that Regeants is one of lupus's pet projects hence the appearance of lil bastards around there a couple months back. But sadly lupus has many pet projects on the go, and even though lupus thinks there good they don't all get priority with the rest of the dev team. Which is sad really cus lupus has a real feel for what the community wants at the moment. To list a few that I can rember

Regeants Legacy
Batch CST missions (more like ress missions)
Rec missions also along the lines of rez missions
A Southern CRP style area for NC
lil bastard's dropping weird cubes (though i don't know if thats over as there was an event with them recently that i missed and havent got info on yet)

Also a while back there was perhaps 1 or 2 articles in nema or neochronical about increased mutant activity at regeants and something about PP providing them with drugs to increase there intelligence. Though that never went anywhere. Anyone know who wrote the articles I'd love to help with supporting articles to help push things along.

Tratos
21-07-05, 18:18
They also stole a weapons cache on a Tangent convoy headed for the Military Base iirc.

Toxen
21-07-05, 18:25
Which actually scares the heck out of me because I was working in high level tangent offices at the time and knew what they stole there was even some small nu....*gurggles and hissss can be heard before the com system goes offline and the screen is filled with static*

Scanner Darkly
21-07-05, 18:30
Here's my little big idea for the swamp: why not have the Swamp Mage drop rare poison ammo pistol mods (for Wyatt Earp stacking poison) (for Libby non stacking immediate effect damage) and perhaps the same for lowtech rifles (termi and PE) - but the drop rate should be very low...

Other than that I don't have any major gripes with the swamps...

On a vaguely related note - can we get a hovercraft type vehicle that can skim over water AND ground, complete with comedy handling and a yoghurt cannon? (I have great hopes for this idea!)

Dribble Joy
21-07-05, 18:40
If poison becomes a standard ammo type, equal to xray and fire, then S/D needs to work against it.

Jesterthegreat
21-07-05, 18:51
the only down side is that ceres temple will be found by more people... though I don't really think thats a problem.

well it will be found more now that you hinted it is in the swamp sectors anyway :p

Toxen
21-07-05, 18:52
Actually a drop only poison damage modifier for pistol, rifle or heavy weapons would be kinda nice since, the other drop only's are kinda geared towards HC or monks heck is there even one geared towards PE's or Spy I can't think of any lets list them for sake of rembering.

Kri Mushroom - For Monks

Kri Nightshade - For Tanks(Melee)

STORM Laser - For Tanks(HC)

Judgementday Launcher - For Tanks(HC)

Energy Soulblade - For Tanks(Melee) Don't see many of these about these days. (mostly cus the zone for these is predominately only hunted by anticity and there are very few anti city melee tanks).

Titan Armour - For Tanks

Viper King Armour - For Tanks

Chaos Queen Flame Avalanche - For Monks

Bat Queen Bones - For Tanks

Tratos
21-07-05, 18:55
Some of those drops classed as tanks are geared towards PEs aswell but the more varied forms, melee and HC PEs which arnt that rare.

Jesterthegreat
21-07-05, 18:57
Kri Nightshade - For Tanks(Melee) allows HC PE to use dev

STORM Laser - For Tanks(HC)HC PE sniper weapon

Judgementday Launcher - For Tanks(HC)tl90 AoE with damn good stats? again... PE weapon

Energy Soulblade - For Tanks(Melee) Don't see many of these about these days. (mostly cus the zone for these is predominately only hunted by anticity and there are very few anti city melee tanks).also very good for a melee PE

Titan Armour - For Tanksor PEs

Viper King Armour - For Tanksor PEs

Bat Queen Bones - For Tanksor PEs

:D

:edit: damn my slow posting...

Toxen
21-07-05, 18:58
If poison becomes a standard ammo type, equal to xray and fire, then S/D needs to work against it.

What would be the point in that you've got to realise eventually that a single class or spell can't cover all bases, people have to have weaknesses, thats one of the downfalls of NC still that people try and can still cover all bases. The sooner people can't do this and weaknesses occur in player setups and we stop working from cookie cutter setup sheets the better it becomes it would probably provide a solution to the current ppu problem.

Toxen
21-07-05, 19:00
allows HC PE to use dev

HC PE sniper weapon

tl90 AoE with damn good stats? again... PE weapon

also very good for a melee PE

or PEs

or PEs

or PEs

:D

:edit: damn my slow posting...

Yea they can be used for PE's but I'd say more often than not they are geared to Tanks

CMaster
21-07-05, 19:17
Melee PEs cant use the soulblade - ies STR107 (well. ok they CAN, but only with horrific drug-whorage.

Torg
22-07-05, 09:06
take it this way:

the swamp is a great mid-level area, where you would nurture your char on poison mobs and pesky dragonflies rather than doing the cyclops-threadmill. very entertaining.

but, yes: we need more toys to play with. hell - it's the same old weapons and items to play with for years now. although i have learned that we simply can not put bigger and bigger weapons into the game, we need more variations and individuality.

so i demand:

drop-only str 90 grenade launcher
drop-only str 90 homing missile launcher
drop-only dex 75 street rifle
drop-only dex 90 gatlin rifle
drop-only dex 75 nail pistol

a spider cave somewhere around regants, where the 120/120 dark spider queen (among 90/90 dark spiders with glowing red eyes) will drop TL 75, 100 and 125 spider tissue. use it to recycle the long required lab suits and mechanics overalls - the ones you would wear like an armor vest, to be seen on the char like a PA (but to a more scientific appearance), giving +5/+10/+15 imp/ress (lab suit) or +5/+10/+15 cst/rep (mech overall).

tbh, it's all about rp.

Scanner Darkly
23-07-05, 04:07
I love your idea Torg - this would make life in the world of NC2 a lot more enjoyable in general.

A really hardcore spider dungeon that was more challenging than present areas would definitely rock (not soloable)...

Voted 5 manbabies once again...

Dribble Joy
23-07-05, 12:39
tbh, it's all about rp.

Unless it interferres with balance.

Also, a tl 75 nailpistol is a bad idea.

Spermy
23-07-05, 12:56
Unless it interferres with balance.

Also, a tl 75 nailpistol is a bad idea.

I can see it now at redrock... Hey there mr PPU - BLAM!

Heh - try buffing yer team from halfway across the map and down teh cliff :P

Blowback on that would be ace, hehehe

Scanner Darkly
23-07-05, 15:30
I just really like the idea of weaving tradeskiller's suits/uniforms from spider silk. The bonus they give however should be marginal (+5 is not unreasonable, anything over that, with the current in game imp/gloveset, is overblown)

The nailgun would be hilarious - for about 5 minutes.

However a new weapon type *shock* could always be introduced through a stealthy mob drop... Maybe some kind of organic hybrid weapon - like that weird fish gun in eXistenZ?

Toxen
23-07-05, 18:06
Think avoiding introducing anything extravagantly new to make it easier to enhance the swamp first new weapons are of no real top priority, this thread was mainly about realising the potential of the swamps, max out door mob is a 45/45 compared to other heavily populated area's which usually house 100/100's and 120/120's and considering the rumours *points at sig* i've heard and predictions, I would like something thats good to hunt right outside the new nc base of operations.

Torg
23-07-05, 23:31
uhm. there's plenty of outdoor 120/120***. it's called hoverbot. i tried to hunt down a couple of them lately. whoa. demanding. do hovers if grims are boring to you.

and we really need more toys (weapons that dont crash balance.)

giga191
24-07-05, 01:52
If you take cycrow you get crp. It's a package deal. Although I do agree that point red is not as good as el farid, and swamp caves aren't as good as graves (ignore worm tunnels because they don't count). I would rather they redo existing placing than just go around copying and pasting all the northern caves in the south

Dirus
24-07-05, 05:29
Well what i do know (from cmaster) is that Regeants is one of lupus's pet projects hence the appearance of lil bastards around there a couple months back. But sadly lupus has many pet projects on the go, and even though lupus thinks there good they don't all get priority with the rest of the dev team. Which is sad really cus lupus has a real feel for what the community wants at the moment. To list a few that I can rember

Regeants Legacy
Batch CST missions (more like ress missions)
Rec missions also along the lines of rez missions
A Southern CRP style area for NC
lil bastard's dropping weird cubes (though i don't know if thats over as there was an event with them recently that i missed and havent got info on yet)
Regeants is not one of my pet projects, altho I'm sure I could come up with a use for it which is probably what Cmuster was talking about ;)

Rec missions will start being hashed out after the CST Batch missions are done, CST Batch Missions will be worked on after I finish modifying the current RES missions to add a Skill requirement to them. They were ment to help tradeskiller's level without the need for combat, not as a source of free XP, FS & SL for all players. There are people out there abusing this system, so I'm being forced to end it outright. I'm currently working on these RES missions now.

A southern CRP style area is one of the things I do think Neocron needs, since now that DoY is out the north east corner is no long all that much of a "Far off high level place" then again, I also have my views on what should be done to other areas as well. I won't list them all here, since right now we don't need more ammo for you guys to throw at us saying "I like it! Do this!"

The Little Bastard was just a pet of mine, I was toying with the idea of seeing about getting a Cave for it or something, but all in all it was created mainly as a way to break away from the usual grind of work, and came about as an idea while in a conversation with people about their first experiences with the wastelands. A dragonfly was the first ever thing to kill me when I first left the Gates of Neocron.. Follow by a STORM Bot as I got too close with a weapon drawn while running away from yet another dragonfly who didn't like me trying to kill the wolf cubling.. The datacube, well I dunno for some reason the idea of a datacube with the famous "all I got was this lousy t-shirt" type slogan popped into my head as being the ideal loot for it.. maybe I'll see if I can't get them changed into a plaque for the apartment wall like the trophies that says "I killed the Lil Bastard and all I got was this stupid hunk of wood"

There are many many ideas and things each and everyone of us, not just me alone, would love to change or add, the fact is being such a small team we're stuck most of the time doing the exact samething everyone else is, dreaming of how things could be if only we had the resources to see them all fully realised, and doing our best to add what we can of those ideas. When it comes to things such as ideas posted in the brainport, in some cases we like the idea as well, but restrictions with the way the game works would just require too much time spent modifying things to allow for those ideas to work.

Spermy
24-07-05, 12:10
Now THAT was an answer :D

Tratos
24-07-05, 12:18
Thanks for the feedback Lupus :D

Is there anyway of getting 10T to give you more money to hire more guys for projects like this to happen + removal of bugs?

I mean i dont think anyone has left this game because they hated it (the game, the concept, the atmosphere) but because of the bugs and lack of things to do, some balance inconsistancies and low populations etc.

I know its not as simple as this like but you know what i mean:
Cash injection for more staff -> less bugs quicker -> people come back -> more content quicker -> more people come back -> pops become higher (>300 per server) -> more people come back -> game is successful.

Not as simple as that but it would be nice for that to become reality :p

I hope it becomes possible for the swamp to be worked on in the not to distant future but at the moment it seems you guys are really going in the right direction with frequent patches and squashing some of the older bugs as well as new ones as you plough through all that lovly code, lol

CMaster
24-07-05, 12:32
I was largely referring to stuff around this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125108&page=3&pp=15 , although I seem to recall Lupus making some other comment either in another thread or ingame about the Legacy. I have been told several times from various people that something is always about to be done about the Legacy, then something else comes up.
And yeah, what with the new trohpy system, I was really hoping to get a Lil B one after killing the one spawned at the event a week or so back. Only got the datadisk, and that doesnt even say anything on it.
As for a southern CRP style, well I have my ideas of how it could be done, but as we all know, ideas arent hte hard part.
Oh and just a random question to Lupus - why were you looking for an op-war yesterday?

Dirus
24-07-05, 16:26
Cash injection for more staff -> less bugs quicker -> people come back -> more content quicker -> more people come back -> pops become higher (>300 per server) -> more people come back -> game is successful.

Reverse that and you'll figure out how most companies and investors work, especially with something that has already been released.

I was largely referring to stuff around this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread...08&page=3&pp=15 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125108&page=3&pp=15) , although I seem to recall Lupus making some other comment either in another thread or ingame about the Legacy. I have been told several times from various people that something is always about to be done about the Legacy, then something else comes up.
And yeah, what with the new trohpy system, I was really hoping to get a Lil B one after killing the one spawned at the event a week or so back. Only got the datadisk, and that doesnt even say anything on it.
As for a southern CRP style, well I have my ideas of how it could be done, but as we all know, ideas arent hte hard part. Oh and just a random question to Lupus - why were you looking for an op-war yesterday?

As I stated in that thread when it came to the Lil Bastard, the ideas were being toyed with, but thats all they were for the most part.

Regants is something that gets kicked up from time to time yes, however for various reasons it gets put on a backbuner. Would any of you really be happy if all we did with Regants was just toss mobs in it and say "its done"?

As for the Op war question I was taking Kenny Lim from mmorpg-gamer.com on a tour of Neocron yesterday, was hoping I could find an Op war to let them observe as he asked to see some players in combat I didn't see any of the usual action around Cycrow so we went into the Chaos caves and watched a team in there.

vashtyphoon78
24-07-05, 16:33
lol how about hovers just cross water period? nothing slows them down BUT water so lets just make them impossible to catch lol

Tratos
24-07-05, 16:37
As for the Op war question I was taking Kenny Lim from mmorpg-gamer.com on a tour of Neocron yesterday, was hoping I could find an Op war to let them observe as he asked to see some players in combat I didn't see any of the usual action around Cycrow so we went into the Chaos caves and watched a team in there.

Next time before they log on just shout "GO AND FIGHT NOW FOR THE VIPS!" and im sure the community would oblige, lol