PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone say neocron is 'shafted'?

Arien
17-07-05, 20:07
DoY is kinda tricky to get into but once your in and you get a GR or 2 its not really too difficult, once inside your pretty much free to roam the city at will and although the design is great the city is mostly unused and hanging out there on a doy char must be pretty boring

on the other hand nc isnt too hard to get into but inside there are guards and copbots all over the place, the city is alive and vibrant and theres just about everything you would need, anything sold in doy and not nc is still reachable on a city char in doy and theres usually something going on somewhere in nc, and always a few newbs to level with in the aggy cellers if you have a low level char

the doy bots are lame i'll give you that, and REALLY need cutting in masses, maybe stop 90% of them spawning so that once they get killed off they wont respawn, that'll give city pvmers something to keep them busy, make em drop something worthwhile though like a low chance to drop ultima mods or something, and reduce the guard para in BOTH citys by like 60% (so they dish out 20% para) and up damage by 20%, and possibly make both sets of guards shoot citymercs but only if the merc draws a weapon, so the mercs can trade and explore freely but if they initiate aggressive action they get dealt with

aKe`cj
17-07-05, 20:47
I couldn't disagree less ... well I agree :)
I've heard people whine about guards of either opposing city - turns out you can raid both rather easy & you can defend both to some extend.
Concerning the Doy Bots... I guess its ok to keep them in the K zoneline, but I dont see a reason for them being around elfarid etc anymore... I know there are a lot of ELITE camps too, but they are stationary and can be circled.

Tratos
17-07-05, 21:06
DoY bots need to be removed and all DoY units (Soldiers, Gaurdians, Security Gaurds) need to be replaced with DAC units, like a varient head from each of the anti cities gaurds with a new DAC uniform for general Dome security with each faction keeping its gaurds.

Actualy perhaps have the DoY remnants in the wastes but like in 2-3 sectors around the outcrop of land next door to Yuntano Mine with some hidden enterances to a secrect DoY (As in DoY Government, the ones both NC & the DAC hate/are at war with) Facility under that outcrop of land to keep them in the picture and hav any DoY (Now DAC) Attacks on NC with the new DAC gaurds and possibly a new varient of Spider Bot (W00t FA Security Spiders) and just have the DoY Remnats stage very small stage attacks just to keep them in the picture before finaly wiping them out.

Dirus
18-07-05, 03:25
The DoY Bots were adjusted a few patches ago. Their attack range was reduced by 50%, some still may have the old ranges, but after they're killed bya few brave Pro-City runners they won't be as much of a problem. :p

CMaster
18-07-05, 03:53
Have you seen what happens when you attack the bots in certain zones? I remember going into J10 once, and a hybrid went and shot one bot. Then turned and ran back to us screaming, as the whole of The Horde (about 30 bots, I think) came trundling after him.

Arien
18-07-05, 04:30
yeah seriously its pretty impossible to kill most of the groups they need despawning

Dirus
18-07-05, 05:18
Hey I used to hunt them with a rifle spy.

DarkPhoenix
18-07-05, 05:48
Pfft, I hunted groups of them with my pistol spy in NC1. Got nice xp and loot.

Original monk
18-07-05, 08:00
pffft i hunted groups of those bots on my resser/conster .. trow some lube wait till there trying to grab it and yust wack youre restool in there eyes :o

CMaster
18-07-05, 12:29
Oh, I've hunted DoY bots on my rifle spy - just not members of The Horde.

RogerRamjet
18-07-05, 12:47

Lots of people did till the houses had their windows/doors fenced.

And the best time i saw DoY bots in action was in NC1, when i was running the BT epic, and saw a mass of easily 100 bots moving on the building. I went on top a hill to see what was happening and saw a Rhino parked up. He must have drove past every bot inside the zone. Was still funny to watch.

ZoVoS
18-07-05, 12:57
tis easy to kill the bots i will admit, i have killed em solo on a tank with no buffs, not the easyest thing to do when even if ur fully specced they hit u hard, but ye one bots easy, just like one runners easy to handle wether its running away or staying to fight,

HOWEVER

you get zurged, i can kill 1 runner at a push but not 50 runners, much like i can kill 1 bot at a push but not 50 bots, i like the mob mentality but it kinda gets anoying when they swarm you, and u have to run like the hand of chran is coming to pluck you of the earth

Tratos
18-07-05, 13:57

With explosive barrel marked fences.... which you can destroy to get in...

Toxen
18-07-05, 14:01
Most people know me and what i do with these posts. So sit back and enjoy

DoY is kinda tricky to get into but once your in and you get a GR or 2 its not really too difficult, once inside your pretty much free to roam the city at will and although the design is great the city is mostly unused and hanging out there on a doy char must be pretty boring.

Get a gr or 2 hmmm lets point out the fact... every GR in doy is now guarded by either faction guards or doy guards and has been since bout 9 patch's ago getting in can be done but taggin a gr = pointless, because the way you zone the guards have a 2-3 second advantage over you so you will most likely be dead by the time you finish zoning.

on the other hand nc isnt too hard to get into but inside there are guards and copbots all over the place, the city is alive and vibrant and theres just about everything you would need, anything sold in doy and not nc is still reachable on a city char in doy and theres usually something going on somewhere in nc, and always a few newbs to level with in the aggy cellers if you have a low level char

Alive and vibrant HA.. I can run through the entire city without meeting anyone at times most people are either out in the wastes or at TH. Its just that NC's shops are more organised. Umm city character in doy = dead most zone lines in doy have guards.. again zoning guards have the advantage. Everything reachable by city char rofl.. umm crahn HQ anyone only medium level psi stuff in game right next to a frack load of crahn guards. DoY has plenty of low level leveling area's also take a wonder.

the doy bots are lame i'll give you that, and REALLY need cutting in masses, maybe stop 90% of them spawning so that once they get killed off they wont respawn, that'll give city pvmers something to keep them busy, make em drop something worthwhile though like a low chance to drop ultima mods or something, and reduce the guard para in BOTH citys by like 60% (so they dish out 20% para) and up damage by 20%, and possibly make both sets of guards shoot citymercs but only if the merc draws a weapon, so the mercs can trade and explore freely but if they initiate aggressive action they get dealt with

Can't really disagree with this, the codings already there for it so can be implemented fairly fast... though currently CityMercs are basicly no go in the canyon so freely trading they don't have access to INQ armour and certain fusion weapons available in canyon.

I'd much prefer the doybots to be phased out completely and reduced to something similar to the reeza's elite posted in a few locations with very little roaming and very few numbers. While replacing the majority of the current bot population with the newer low level doy mobs that have been seen in H-08.

Overall DoY is more effectively guarded, in NC you can find routes that avoid and minimise contact with copbots faction guards this is shown by the fact there is a higher number of raids upon NC than DoY these raids usually take place in PP3 and Plaza 3, though there have been raids in as far as CA HQ.

Not to mention the fact that anti city has a forward base of operations with a GR and supplies I.E. the canyon which is guarded by a FA turret one of the most deadliest guards in the game. Aswell as all the TG intel bases scattered around giving a number of safe spots to groups of anti city runners roaming the wastes.

RogerRamjet
18-07-05, 14:01
When i went to hunt at my old spot i used on my PE on Uranus there were just fences.

Philchow
18-07-05, 14:47
The DoY Bots were adjusted a few patches ago. Their attack range was reduced by 50%, some still may have the old ranges, but after they're killed bya few brave Pro-City runners they won't be as much of a problem. :p

Which patch ? I can't find this in PatchNotes.

Nullvoid
18-07-05, 14:49
quite a lot of things occur which don't get mentioned (runcasting anyone? :lol: ).

Philchow
18-07-05, 15:03
quite a lot of things occur which don't get mentioned (runcasting anyone? :lol: ).

That's why I asked this. Because, they'd better mentioned every modifications instead of publishing 4 lines patchs which seems a little bit small...

Mr Kot
18-07-05, 15:17
yeah seriously its pretty impossible to kill most of the groups they need despawning
So some poor GM now has to scour the ENTIRE desert to blow them all up, just like the mobs in the 175+ hacknet zones a while back? Yeesh... rather him than me....

I remember those times in NC1 when we were at the house in J-11 nearly every day luring those damn things. A rifle spy would lure one, then about 4 of us at the house would use our pathetic pistols and take like half an hour to kill one. If we were feeling really brave, we would leave the house and head for the ruins in the middle of the sector. That was a suicide run as sooner or later we would get more bots than we could handle and the cover wasn't great.

That was in the days when DoY bot junk was worth hunting. NPC in TT HQ would give you 8k each for the Bio based master OS thingies and a good hunting trip there could net us a million a day.

Brammers
18-07-05, 15:27
If they told you everything, what would be the point of logging in? And isn't that the whole point of playing, for players to find new stuff and have a ego boost to say you got it first? (But I agree stuff like runcast should had been mentioned in the patch notes)

Back to the original post. To get into DoY past the guards, you need a PPU or Stealth. Before you get to DoY, you have to get past the DoY bots. It's possible, but finding the hole in the defense is the tricky bit. Guards can be found around HQ, GR's and borderlines.

To get in Pepper Park/Outzone. You just need to use the many unguarded entrances, and the Storm Bots are dead easy to avoid. Getting into Plaza and Via Rosso districts is quick tricky, since there are guards everywhere. Not to mention the secret HQ's that two factions have in Pepper Park.

BloodLetting
18-07-05, 17:34
o_O o_O NC is not too shafted. I could care less about getting into DoY but inturn it should not be so easy to get into NC....
-------------Put a cop bot just inside the PP HQ from plaza 2 doors to gaurd that :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: armor trader and keep Anti's from haveing such a great staging area-------------
I dont undersatnd why any anti or pro should have a GR into the enemies base.

Toxen
18-07-05, 17:41
Tbh I don't know why we're not operating on the locked down GR system of NC1 where you couldn't GR into area's that were predominately controled by hostile factions.

Arien
18-07-05, 17:42
So some poor GM now has to scour the ENTIRE desert to blow them all up, just like the mobs in the 175+ hacknet zones a while back? Yeesh... rather him than me....

is there a function to despawn an entire zone?

thats all they need to do for the few sectors they are in mass numbers in, then the new ones will respawn shortly

Toxen
18-07-05, 17:45
I belive the current system for deleting mobs is much like a weapon or a tool in game target fire and its deleted.

Arien
18-07-05, 17:51
Most people know me and what i do with these posts. So sit back and enjoy

Get a gr or 2 hmmm lets point out the fact... every GR in doy is now guarded by either faction guards or doy guards and has been since bout 9 patch's ago getting in can be done but taggin a gr = pointless, because the way you zone the guards have a 2-3 second advantage over you so you will most likely be dead by the time you finish zoning.

Alive and vibrant HA.. I can run through the entire city without meeting anyone at times most people are either out in the wastes or at TH. Its just that NC's shops are more organised. Umm city character in doy = dead most zone lines in doy have guards.. again zoning guards have the advantage. Everything reachable by city char rofl.. umm crahn HQ anyone only medium level psi stuff in game right next to a frack load of crahn guards. DoY has plenty of low level leveling area's also take a wonder.

Can't really disagree with this, the codings already there for it so can be implemented fairly fast... though currently CityMercs are basicly no go in the canyon so freely trading they don't have access to INQ armour and certain fusion weapons available in canyon.

I'd much prefer the doybots to be phased out completely and reduced to something similar to the reeza's elite posted in a few locations with very little roaming and very few numbers. While replacing the majority of the current bot population with the newer low level doy mobs that have been seen in H-08.

Overall DoY is more effectively guarded, in NC you can find routes that avoid and minimise contact with copbots faction guards this is shown by the fact there is a higher number of raids upon NC than DoY these raids usually take place in PP3 and Plaza 3, though there have been raids in as far as CA HQ.

Not to mention the fact that anti city has a forward base of operations with a GR and supplies I.E. the canyon which is guarded by a FA turret one of the most deadliest guards in the game. Aswell as all the TG intel bases scattered around giving a number of safe spots to groups of anti city runners roaming the wastes.

well i love the NC city, theres usually always a few people around and many more in the faction HQs, ive never had a problem getting around in doy, but i am a ppu so that makes a *little* bit easier, still some sectors (eg tsunami district) are almost unguarded, i have most of my chars primary apps in doy so it make it VERY easy for me to get in, but not everyone has that

LTA
18-07-05, 18:18
To be honest i dont believe the anti city and city faction list fits lol

It should be all as one not anti or pro,

For Example

City Admin - The Govenment of Neocron Uphold the law, maintain there city Crush those who set to disturb there smmoth running city

Twilight Guardian - Freedom Fighters, believe Reza stole the city from them, want to stop the mind control process and let people live a free life, should be able to be in the city to spread propa gander but at serious rosk from NCPD n the like.
Should be in the canyon as a main base but can infiltrate city sections to spread propa gander and begin convincing people to fight against the govenment for freedom.

Crahn - The Religion of Neocron, old crushed leaders, should have there OZ church, should be able to preach in parts of the city converting people to crahn. I dont get how they can survive solely on trying to convert non nccitizens.

BD would be at war with PP but still need more than just anti's to sell drugs to, lots of shady BD characters about the place, Operate from DOY but heavily within Neocron aswell to maximise drug profits.

Tangent would supply weapons to customers ie TG would be a good shady customer, same for biotech and other companies, they all rely on there own employees or employees of other companies.

Like each side has what the other side needs most so i dont see how they function well,

DOY all the entertainment, clubs, drugs, religion, freedom fighting, research facilities

NC all the corporations, weapons production, medical supllies, Implants, Housing, vehicles...

It really shouldnt be anti and pro just a set of relations as it used to be

Dirus
18-07-05, 21:29

Never used the houses to hunt them, always did it on open ground. Used to drag them in circles around the zone, slowly picking them off one by one.

Which patch ? I can't find this in PatchNotes.

Would have been 133 when the Guard AI was tweaked, I adjusted the range on a few others while I was at it. The DoY Bots were one of them. It just slipped through the patchnotes however.

Spermy
18-07-05, 22:11
Right - I dunno if anyone replied alreayd to this with my points, but I just sawe it and found some stuff I disagree with...

Untrue - A lot of the times - you can find a dungeon entrance pretty close by - provided you didn't over equip, you can easily run A) in there. B) Outta sight.

OI! DoY is emptier still. NCs shops have a shitload of cool stuff and are a lot more organised - They also have access to some items that we don't till we reach the canyon/Battledome. IE Hi tech cannons etc. DoY guards are hella slow to react if you've been there as a PKer or been PK'd you would know this. NC city - Psi spells - thats funny - I don't see a frackload of crahnies... unless yer stupid enough to wander into the old HQ? But then - thye're hostile to domers too.

Agreed - unless they're a spy - stealth in there is pretty useful as you only have to avoid the TG members - not everyone else.

Bots suck. Thats my statement.

Yep - and we get PKers everyday in the angel sectors too. OUR GUARDS ARE SHIT!

Intelligence posts? Like the one in I14 for example? SAFE?! have you seen how much damage those pea-shooter guards do? Sod all :p We share Tech haven but yeah - and NC facility would be cool.

Soma grees - some disagrees in here.

athon
19-07-05, 14:43
Never used the houses to hunt them, always did it on open ground. Used to drag them in circles around the zone, slowly picking them off one by one.
Using God mode or adding:
if (target.name == 'lupus') {
return;
}
to the top of the attack scripts doesn't count =P

Athon

Mr Kot
19-07-05, 18:37
Just try that at the west of J-13 :p "one by one" just doesn't happen there.

@ Spermy: There is a hightech cannon smuggler in DoY 7. Everything else is virtually in every sector of DoY. The trip you have to make for lvl 2 imps is the same as ours. Lvl 2 imps aren't in main part of NC anymore. It's either point red, or wend your way through mutants to Outzone sec-2.

Rabiator
19-07-05, 21:08
The trip you have to make for lvl 2 imps is the same as ours. Lvl 2 imps aren't in main part of NC anymore. It's either point red, or wend your way through mutants to Outzone sec-2.

I have seen a few on sale by a smuggler at the road to Regant's Legacy. Of course, that is an awful long way for a bit of shopping...

Spermy
20-07-05, 13:07
[ edited ]