PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Boneset Type - Thermal grafting.

Spermy
15-07-05, 19:19
Okay - so I noticed that there's a lack of fire protective bones, makes sense seeing as it's heat and the line of defense would have to be OUTSIDE! :D

What I suggest is maybe - acting like a boneset, going in the boneset slot :

Thermal Grafting - Like a layer of skin or some kind of implant in a specific region, promoting the release of chemicals or whatever to improve heat resistance?

Makes speccing a lot less cookie cutter - maybe appropriate tweaking to make sure tha resists etc aren't screwed up or thrown out of what I see as a perfectly good balance...

Morganth
15-07-05, 20:34
I like the idea of this, makes them give the same stats as Xray bones (but with fire of course :rolleyes: ). Although, practically I can see how bones plated in a material which absorbs Xrays and makes their affects null could be theoretically possible, but bones that dissipate heat wouldn't really work as there would be no where to move the heat to without increasing the bodies temperature too high. All that would achieve would force the body to cool down more often, which means you'll need a lot more water as you'll be sweating a lot more. Not that that is relevant :lol:

Spermy
15-07-05, 20:36
I like the idea of this, makes them give the same stats as Xray bones (but with fire of course :rolleyes: ). Although, practically I can see how bones plated in a material which absorbs Xrays and makes their affects null could be theoretically possible, but bones that dissipate heat wouldn't really work as there would be no where to move the heat to without increasing the bodies temperature too high. All that would achieve would force the body to cool down more often, which means you'll need a lot more water as you'll be sweating a lot more. Not that that is relevant :lol:

Yeah - I figured that - hence the skin graft idea rather than teh bones - if teh bones absorbed the heat it's be like cooking you from the inside :p

Hmmm.... rotissary Spy... yummeh. :cool:

krynstone
15-07-05, 21:49
Awesome idea:). Gotta love it. Intelligently thought out. And they don't even really have to change anything. The item type in the code can be exactly the same...all they have to do is change the picture and bonuses. I forsee no problem at all in implementing this.

krynstone
15-07-05, 21:50
Going to link to this in Brainport

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 21:51
I thought anti gamma bones were ingame due to the lack of x ray armour for most classes. If thermal bones were implemented at the same TL as anti gamma spies would just about cap fire.

krynstone
15-07-05, 21:53
ahhh...well being a spy I have no objection but :)....but your right...oh well

Spermy
15-07-05, 21:56
ahhh...well being a spy I have no objection but :)....but your right...oh well

Hrrm... maybe some balancing in order then...

Flexibility with Resist setups would be nice though...

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 21:59
If it was made out of reach for spies then it would be OK, maybe tl 60.

Njall
15-07-05, 22:08
Considering the facility to have a decent fire armor/resist, I'm not sure it would be useful... except for spies but with such an implant, they would become a bit overpowered :p

Superbron
15-07-05, 22:10
Nice idea though

Spermy
15-07-05, 22:20
yeah - just summat different really...

Maybe if it came as just one imp? like a BQ chest or something?

Morganth
15-07-05, 22:24
I thought anti gamma bones were ingame due to the lack of x ray armour for most classes. If thermal bones were implemented at the same TL as anti gamma spies would just about cap fire.

Or you just make the STR high enough so that Spies can't use it (unless they go overkill with drugs), but PEs and tanks can.

Spermy
15-07-05, 22:59
Or you just make the STR high enough so that Spies can't use it (unless they go overkill with drugs), but PEs and tanks can.

That would make sense :) top dollar.

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 23:26
yeh i already said that a few posts up :wtf:

Nullvoid
15-07-05, 23:31
I can't see tanks using them as they can easily get more fire than xray resist as it is?

Spermy
15-07-05, 23:35
I can't see tanks using them as they can easily get more fire than xray resist as it is?

Neither do I - it's not the best thought out idea - just thought it might be cool.

And Roj... Whoops - I R teh blind...

Nullvoid
16-07-05, 00:17
It is cool just for general variety, and it would make farming fire mobs even easier, I was just speaking from a pvp perspective.

Tostino
16-07-05, 00:38
It would help Spy's alot. If you could mix and match the xray and fire it would help so much for con setups.

Nullvoid
16-07-05, 02:32
I'm a bit dubious as to whether they need the boost really, the combat difference between them and PE's is already quite slim as it is. If we did add the fire resist bones I would then like to see a special heart only useable by tanks(100 con req), combining the experimental and filter varieties: +15por, +10xrr, +15end, +15hlt, with -5 con. We could call it "couer de lion" while we're at it :lol:

Oh and then I'd like to see a special eye known as "Battle optics", and a special backbone for tradeskillers, cunningly called "Trader's delight". I do have details of the stats I'd like them to have but I guess this isn't the right place...

Tostino
16-07-05, 02:38
I'm a bit dubious as to whether they need the boost really, the combat difference between them and PE's is already quite slim as it is. If we did add the fire resist bones I would then like to see a special heart only useable by tanks(100 con req), combining the experimental and filter varieties: +15por, +10xrr, +15end, +15hlt, with -5 con. We could call it "couer de lion" while we're at it :lol:

Oh and then I'd like to see a special eye known as "Battle optics", and a special backbone for tradeskillers, cunningly called "Trader's delight". I do have details of the stats I'd like them to have but I guess this isn't the right place...
A 2 drug PE vs a 2 drug spy the PE is gona have better resists (not by that much) then the spy and can use the same weapon.

Nullvoid
16-07-05, 02:57
To me that fits my definition of quite a slim difference :p

THE_TICK!!!!
16-07-05, 04:46
A 2 drug PE vs a 2 drug spy the PE is gona have better resists (not by that much) then the spy and can use the same weapon. but teh PE wont cap said weapon ( slasher or exec) unless you gimp yourself.

Tostino
16-07-05, 04:47
but teh PE wont cap said weapon ( slasher or exec) unless you gimp yourself.
If you don't go for hacking then you can cap your gun fine.
Edit: And you have a very sexy avatar tbh.

Morganth
16-07-05, 07:11
If you don't go for hacking then you can cap your gun fine.
Edit: And you have a very sexy avatar tbh.

My Slasher PE fully caps a Slasher (except range), has 107 Wep Lore and 182 PC. And I hack tl90 (might be 100, not sure though).

Njall
16-07-05, 09:59
107 weapon lore and 90 (or 100) hack ?
You're able to heal/buff yourself in combat or you fight in a team with PPU ?

Jesterthegreat
16-07-05, 10:47

what he said. if i was a slasher PE i would invest in psi use, not hack.

i prefer pure combat efficiancy :p

:edit: both my PE's use 100 base psi use 85 base hack.

Skusty
16-07-05, 16:10
Most wanted bones by undrugging spys i tell ya

a4nic8er
16-07-05, 16:17
Hmm. Ceramo-Carbite bones? A combination of ceramic and carbon-fibre technologies. Light but dense with high resistance to heat and with built in cooling? My spies have been wishing for some of those

Morganth
16-07-05, 18:23

When drugged up (which is what my setup is based on) and including imps etc, I have 100 hack, 81 PSU and 107 Wep Lore. I can crouch cast my tl10 heal, and pretty much runcast a DB.

The only thing gimped about my setup is that it lasts 5 mins in that state, or 4 if I've popped resist drugs. Aside from that, for the time it lasts its better than any spy I've seen/heard of ingame.

EDIT:

what he said. if i was a slasher PE i would invest in psi use, not hack.

i prefer pure combat efficiancy :p

:edit: both my PE's use 100 base psi use 85 base hack.

Well, I did originally write the setup with more wep lore, but then I cba to take the hack LoMs, and have found the setup just as viable with hack. Plus it means if I LoM to another setup, not much needs to be changed (I always have hack on my PEs).

Freaky Fryd
17-07-05, 00:29
The only way I would want to see fire bones in-game is if they were WoC items or gave less than gamma bones (+5 fire per imp MAX)

There's fire armor, and I think that's enough...

If they put it in and it was within reach of my spy, I'd be popping them all in...with 121 xray from my PA, I don't really need the 50 I get from bones. I'd be more than happy to trade in the 50 xray from bones for even 20 fire.

Dribble Joy
17-07-05, 01:14
Old idea really, I've been thinking about fire based bone imps and things for a while as a kind of way to make up for the lack of Bat Queen foot/head/leg imps, along with a few others.

As to the armour values, frankly with any introduction they should be carefully thought out so that it is a matter of preference andf no real advantage, otherwise they will simply become 'standard' equipment.

Tostino
17-07-05, 03:24
What they could do is make it so that only 2-3 of the bones can be used by a spy that is taking beast to make it more fair.

Morganth
17-07-05, 14:25
What they could do is make it so that only 2-3 of the bones can be used by a spy that is taking beast to make it more fair.

Spies shouldn't have access to them at all imho. Spies are supposed to be weak in terms of their resists etc, and allowing them access to implants that give them a boost to the only thing they have trouble speccing for is going to bring them closer to PE resist level.

Dribble Joy
17-07-05, 14:42
Spies (and PEs to an extent) need a bit of a rework, they are too close together. Spies are too tough, PEs can use too high tl weapons.

Spy PA is still massively overpowered, it needs to be brought down into line with the other PAs. Say to 35-50 xray across it's range. then a number of other tweaks like upping an number of guns to 120+ with a gap from about 105.

More details on all that when I ever get round to posting my revisded version of my Big Fix thread.

Morganth
18-07-05, 01:16
Spies (and PEs to an extent) need a bit of a rework, they are too close together. Spies are too tough, PEs can use too high tl weapons.

Spy PA is still massively overpowered, it needs to be brought down into line with the other PAs. Say to 35-50 xray across it's range. then a number of other tweaks like upping an number of guns to 120+ with a gap from about 105.

More details on all that when I ever get round to posting my revisded version of my Big Fix thread.

I hope PEs don't lose access to high TL weapons, I'll be dead pissed if I can't keep my 9 drug Slasher Setup on my PE.

jini
18-07-05, 06:59
Fire Resistant bones are not needed for a spy. Spy can easily get inquisition armor with a moveon chip. And to be franc spy using a couple of drugs is already too powerfull.
DJ is right about saying spies and PEs are too close and we need a redesign for both classes.
What I would like to see happen, is for the spy to be able to fight and participate op wars w/o this horrible drugflash, and for the PE, we need a fresh idea, something totally new.
Some will say that drugflash goes after a relog, but this is not safe as you know because relogging may lead to syncing.
Another approach would be to introduce an antiflash drug or spell restricted to spies.

Giving fire bones to spies would simply make them having same or better resists than pes, as this would fill their armor lack in fire resist.

spanz
18-07-05, 11:14
and tanks will end with 250+ fire resistance?

Jesterthegreat
18-07-05, 11:24
and tanks will end with 250+ fire resistance?

really fucking moronic tanks might try to get that...

Xeno LARD
18-07-05, 11:48
It would be nice to see more armor.
Fire bones would heavily boost spies though, they could easily cap fire then as they dont really need xray bones.
Every other class needs those xray bones because of the lack of other xray armor.

Put em out of spies reach and i'm fine with it.

Oh, and i'd love more poison armor. Just VK and some belts? That sucks.

Infinite
18-07-05, 14:06
Personally any new items added to the game (Not medals and shit i dont see a need for that yyet i dont play the game to RP) is a step in the right direction. Anything to stop cookie cut setups.

Tostino
18-07-05, 23:29
really fucking moronic tanks might try to get that...
But armor + con cap for resists is 200 which they can already easily get if they wanted (gimped tbh) and even with the fire bones it would be gimped beacuse tanks don't have any armor but a belt that give any xray so the 50 you get from bones is a big help.

Heavyporker
19-07-05, 22:13
(on library comuter - don't have time to read whole thread)

This idea reminds me of my Heat Pump heart implant in my old Idea Novas.

Thermal SkinGrafts sound reasonable. See, when you look at it, just about all the fire/heatbased damage in Neocron is direct and concentrated (fireballs, beams).

But... Making them work like bone implants doesn't really make sense though... *sigh*

And, yes, definitely there is the balance issue.

How about making them have heavy negatives. Like serious -AGL (since the 'insulation' would be bulky, hard to bend and all that).

Spermy
20-07-05, 13:16
(on library comuter - don't have time to read whole thread)

This idea reminds me of my Heat Pump heart implant in my old Idea Novas.

Thermal SkinGrafts sound reasonable. See, when you look at it, just about all the fire/heatbased damage in Neocron is direct and concentrated (fireballs, beams).

But... Making them work like bone implants doesn't really make sense though... *sigh*

And, yes, definitely there is the balance issue.

How about making them have heavy negatives. Like serious -AGL (since the 'insulation' would be bulky, hard to bend and all that).

Yeah - agree. There's lot's of things you could do to make them fit ingame. The reason behind the boneset idea is because the intention was to have various areas of teh skin grafted, for example the arms/legs/head etc, and seeing as the boneset slots cover those areas, it made sense. It also makes sense to have them use a boneslot so you don't get people spamming resists with both bones AND the graft. I think maybe 30% of the values used by AG bones and maybe a severe decrease in piercing/force resists seeing as it's basically synthetic skin.

Also was thinking about no endurance bonuses on the torso graft.