PDA

View Full Version : Summer Olypmic Games

Chenoa
15-07-05, 18:05
For all of those who stick arround at home during this summers heat...
For all of those who are seeking activity, fun and action...
For all of those who are able to leave their F6 sheet at home to experience a top-shelve event together with the EGM Team...

All of those are most welcome to gather at Twisters in I-09:

Mars: Saturday, 07-16 2005 | 3.00pm CEST
Terra: Saturday, 07-16 2005 | 11.00pm CEST
(click here for your timezone) (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=16&month=7&year=2005&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=37)
Mercury: Sunday, 07-17 2005 | 3.00pm CEST

Proceeding ::

We will prepare a versatile parcour and lead the participants through the entire Neocron world - with some GM assistance.
The start will be at Twisters, same counts for the finish line.
All participants are to show up at the waypoints within a few minutes - those who fail to show up in time will have to leave the station/part of the tournament.
At each waypoint the participants have a chance of winning points by outscoring the competition in (fun) sub-events.
1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 1 point !
We'll keep track of the total score to determine the winners of the tournament.

Please note ::

This is about fun & entertainment, so please dont be surprised when we confront you with pretty wierd tasks: go to jerusalem, throw nails at each other, hit targets with cruise-beer-cans or relax and wet your PA. *g*
Everyone should be able to participate in this event, no matter what rank, class or profession !

Rules ::

- Stay near the EGM-Team at all times !
- NO PK, NO BELTHACK - offenders will get grounded, no exceptions !
- Snipers, Droners, People trying to disturb the event and the like: free trip home guaranteed, see above.
- Registration REQUIRED PRIOR (lists to be closed at the above times) ! (via ingame mail, outgame chenoa@reakktor.com or at Twisters before the tournament begins)
Pls wirte down in your mails the charname and server !

Most welcome ::
- Players who assist lowbies in participating/getting to the action !
- Spectators, spectators, and more spectators to cheer up their mates (some events require a jury too)!
- FUN ! Party ! good mood...

Requirements ::
- A LOT of time !
- Everything else being provided !

Rewards ::
- the first three Cups ever !
1. Winner - MC5 of choice
2. Winner - App of choice (BD & DRE Epic App excluded)
3. Winner - VHC of choice (Next Epic VHC excluded)

P.S: To all Pandore Players
You are most welcome to participate in this tournament on any of the three listed servers, as stated above it is not necessary to have capped chars to participate - its all about the fun!

bounty
15-07-05, 18:08
Awesome!! Great idea.

Mr Kot
15-07-05, 18:10
Sounds great!!

I'll be there ;) even though i'm confused about the tasks already :p

I'll be happy to log my tank during the week to drive people to the El-Farid / Yutano GR to tag it.

I hope the clan who owns Yutano that day will open it for people to rep there. It's a little closer to I-09 than El Farid ;)

Tratos
15-07-05, 18:13
Nice to see an organised event with prior notice of more then 5 seconds :) i hope this is quite fun and i think i may attend :) Nice to have a bit of fun now and then but i hope the RP events are going to be more frequent soon with the addition of the neocronicle portal as the storyline needs to get flowing again.

Hope to attend, sounds like some cool summer fun :)

Skusty
15-07-05, 18:16
lol Im there i think ;)

CMaster
15-07-05, 18:54
I'll be there

Spermy
15-07-05, 19:05
Blargh - I'm away seeing my other half =/

Scarus
15-07-05, 19:14
Blargh - I'm away seeing my other half =/

Left or Right? :p

The event sounds great, shame my account isnt active at the moment.
Someone grab screenys for me please and fill me in on the details. ;)

-Scarus

LTA
15-07-05, 19:45
P.S: To all Pandore Players
You are most welcome to participate in this tournament on any of the three listed servers, as stated above it is not necessary to have capped chars to participate - its all about the fun!

Think it would be nice to translate it in french coz the issue was alot cant understand English what so ever or put "French Babelfish" lol

Sounds like a hoot anyway glad to finally see a non spawn event should be fun :p

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 20:56
soz power reading harry potter, i have tons of mates to make cry when i phone them telling them the story

naimex
15-07-05, 21:18
its 11 pm...

Iīll have to ask the cat if itīs alright that I stay up late..

I mean, I donīt wanna disturb the lil furry thing if it wants to have some peace and quiet whilst itīs taking a shite all over the place..

Also known as, Iīll try to make it, but only as spectator..

I can make an ass of myself without having to throw playthings of maven after people :p

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 21:43
u mean flashlights?

^_^ :p

krynstone
15-07-05, 21:45
ummm...Hell yeah!!

Neally
15-07-05, 22:15
For all pandore players translation is aivable here :

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126885

i'm a pandore player and i will be a part of it, looks like a nice event, i won't participate, but i'll take a look :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 22:26
What time is that at GMT-7?

Mighty Max
15-07-05, 22:37
What time is that at GMT-7?

GMT has summertime atm, so that 11:00pm CEST is 10:00pm GMT = 09:00pm UTC(==GMT in wintertime). Meaning GMT -7 should be 02:00pm.

To be sure, i'd recomment to click Chenoas link with the times and look for a town near you. It shows exactly the time you need if you find a city in your timezone. (Click on full list for more)

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 22:49
3PM

didnt notice that link when I first looked.
I hope denver isnt on DST
Ill be there at 2 anyway

Dr Strange
15-07-05, 22:56
fuck me

i could so win this if i still had my driver (didnt see any rules stating no vehicles allowed)

god damn 7/8 noob, bitch just wont lvl in time

aKe`cj
16-07-05, 00:36
i could so win this if i still had my driver (didnt see any rules stating no vehicles allowed)

...and I didnt see any hints whatsoever suggesting that vhc-usage is a pro. Instead it reads "Everyone should be able to participate in this event, no matter what rank, class or profession !" ... participate with your lowbie then.

Dr Strange
16-07-05, 01:06
...and I didnt see any hints whatsoever suggesting that vhc-usage is a pro. Instead it reads "Everyone should be able to participate in this event, no matter what rank, class or profession !" ... participate with your lowbie then.

Yea, but it'd be an instant lose senario. People even twice my level can easily out-pace me in athletics and agility, and I'm assuming the fastest too all the check points and finish line wins. Not to mention I'm sure there will be some mobs and/or 'hazards' along the way, which a 7/8 PE aint gonna be able to take down.

Scarus
16-07-05, 01:49
The way I see it, you run to a location, perform some 'olympic' events (the poison gland toss maybe?) then move onto the next, each team will have their scores added for each event and the winner overall takes the prize. The time limits are for people to reach the locations, and considering there is a hugely open invite for newbies I doubt it would be a flat out race to each one.

Just my thoughts, may be wrong.

-Scarus

Dr Strange
16-07-05, 02:21
The way I see it, you run to a location, perform some 'olympic' events (the poison gland toss maybe?) then move onto the next, each team will have their scores added for each event and the winner overall takes the prize. The time limits are for people to reach the locations, and considering there is a hugely open invite for newbies I doubt it would be a flat out race to each one.

Just my thoughts, may be wrong.

-Scarus

Teams? Pre-determined or organized GM made teams of participants? It'd kinda suck to show up and not be in a team.

Is there going to be a clear path to the Twister? Pretty sure theres at least some maulers and grims between DoY and the Twister :(

aKe`cj
16-07-05, 02:26
Teams? Pre-determined or organized GM made teams of participants? It'd kinda suck to show up and not be in a team.

Is there going to be a clear path to the Twister? Pretty sure theres at least some maulers and grims between DoY and the Twister :(

I've crossed the wastes with a 0/5 char - even made it into PP3 safely; just make sure you start walking early enough (or get someone to drive you there) :)

naimex
16-07-05, 12:18
I've crossed the wastes with a 0/5 char - even made it into PP3 safely; just make sure you start walking early enough (or get someone to drive you there) :)

tsk tsk..

my record is from DoY to Pepper Park 1 on an 0/2 runner without any help.

i died in the plaza 3 alley, thats filled up with guards and nowhere to hide. :(

Chenoa
16-07-05, 14:07
No Teams - Singleplayer !
And VHC isnt needed...

Still waiting for your registrations :angel:

CU tonight (german time :P)

Tratos
16-07-05, 15:09
Ive sent my registationbut one thing... how much time is alot of time? from what ie picked up on the german thread is this event could run untill 5 in the morning :eek:

fschepper
16-07-05, 16:15
On mars the games are running, and the first of ten games (including introduction) took about 45 mins with 40 players...

ZoVoS
16-07-05, 18:16
just finished reading harry potter, now im of to sleep

Chenoa
16-07-05, 22:11
On mars the games are running, and the first of ten games (including introduction) took about 45 mins with 40 players...

The whole olympics took there 6,5 hours, but we will take off the longest part, was too strange =) .

Cu you there

Tratos
16-07-05, 22:13
Aww no fair :p give us some details! :p

Asurmen Spec Op
16-07-05, 22:16
Give us the hot details!

Asurmen Spec Op
16-07-05, 23:01
I did a photo shoot of some of the GMS, at the end ill put em all on my server

Sanzen
17-07-05, 00:20
it was great event ! very fun, too bad i had to log so early ;) good job GM's im realy impressed ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
17-07-05, 03:27
Bah I did crapily

Chenoa
17-07-05, 03:27
after 4,5 hours "only" :P :

3rd : Rannath
2nd : Sebert
1st : Zangief & Casaad (LEīd)

Congratz to all winners !!!!

iīm off... need some sleep for Mercury :) :angel:

Tratos
17-07-05, 03:30
Theres a fair few VERY similar as it was like whacking the F12 key trying to get some goods shots without NC dying.

Event Screen Shots! (http://www.broken-reality.org/misc/neocron/events/summerolympics)
Uploading At Time Of Writing.

Toxen
17-07-05, 03:41
I have more screenies that I will post later but this is of the brand new Cup's (Yay) adorning my canyon apt (yes i am a city char) with my other trophies in the background, not bad for first two days back in the past 3 weeks.
Congrats to all that took part, the other winners and the GM's for putting on a spectacular event.

Jake Cutter
17-07-05, 06:18
Wonderful event...thank you GMs!

Regards,
Jake Profitt

jini
17-07-05, 06:51
tsk tsk..

my record is from DoY to Pepper Park 1 on an 0/2 runner without any help.

i died in the plaza 3 alley, thats filled up with guards and nowhere to hide. :(
Beat u both.
My record is from NC to mc5 as a noob 0/2. Only exploit was LE chip. There werent any noob stelths then, it was one year back begin of nc2 i think... wonderfull and succesfull mission. I even manage to enter mc5 BC room.

@sebert and the winners: very nice guys

@chenoa and those that helped: very cool event nicely thought out.

ZoVoS
17-07-05, 07:54
Beat u both.
My record is from NC to mc5 as a noob 0/2. Only exploit was LE chip. There werent any noob stelths then, it was one year back begin of nc2 i think... wonderfull and succesfull mission. I even manage to enter mc5 BC room.

@sebert and the winners: very nice guys

@chenoa and those that helped: very cool event nicely thought out.

to droner exploit???

Lmao just messin :angel:

jini
17-07-05, 10:27
What does droner exploit has to do with me entering mc5?

Skusty
17-07-05, 12:07
I missed it because i tried to start steam butthen i heard on ts " You connection to the server has ben terminated " then i was logged out of msn for 10hours :mad: Could not reconnect or anything :mad: :mad: Happend before :mad:

naimex
17-07-05, 13:51
I did a photo shoot of some of the GMS, at the end ill put em all on my server

Get any piccies of me too ?

Asurmen Spec Op
17-07-05, 22:19
Get any piccies of me too ?
:) Prolly.
You were charity werent you?

naimex
17-07-05, 22:56
:) Prolly.
You were charity werent you?

....Perhaps ;) :p

Riddle
18-07-05, 11:50
Where's the screenie of my Cron 55 landing in the Hit zone??

Dam sure i did it but was dissallowed O_o

Never mind ...I got some good footage and if I can figure out what the hell I'm doing with it, I may be able to get it up on here. Complete nib tbh with movies etc.

Tratos
18-07-05, 13:54
You need a video of musical chairs with the Benny Hill music tbh :p

Arbiter
18-07-05, 15:03
GMT has summertime atm, so that 11:00pm CEST is 10:00pm GMT = 09:00pm UTC(==GMT in wintertime). Meaning GMT -7 should be 02:00pm.

GMT does NOT change during summer!!! (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/)

To be sure, i'd recomment to click Chenoas link with the times and look for a town near you. It shows exactly the time you need if you find a city in your timezone. (Click on full list for more)

Right, that is why we announce events with that link ;)

Congrats to the winners. I hope to get some of you for an interview soon :)

Toxen
18-07-05, 15:26
Think he ment 10pm BST
at the moment everyones in summer time which is winter time +1 winter time in uk where greenitch is located so during winter time UK is GMT, and in summer GMT +1, germany is GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer

So 11pm CEST, is 10pm BST (UK), is 9pm GMT