PDA

View Full Version : Is CLIENT.exe client-specific?

ArgieD
15-07-05, 12:53
Hi there chaps,

since the last patch, I started having problems with the hame. Although, it's good news to some, I'm afraid I can't play.

It's not random files it used to be in the past. Now it's constantly (and every time) the client.exe

I run file integrity checks, restarted my pc, but to no avail. I would hate if I have to reinstall the game bearing in mind that it's advised you delete the patches prior to re-instalation.

Mind you that I always had loads missing files, that were not sorted out by reinstalling the client, redownloading the client, and formating my hardisk, reinstalling WIN XP Pro. In fact my mates have the same problem (having to make up .ini files to get the game started).

Anyway, do you think there is the slightest possibility, i could just copy and paste another client.exe onto the game's directory (I don't think so)?

Any ideas?

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 12:57
Hi there chaps,

since the last patch, I started having problems with the hame. Although, it's good news to some, I'm afraid I can't play.

It's not random files it used to be in the past. Now it's constantly (and every time) the client.exe

I run file integrity checks, restarted my pc, but to no avail. I would hate if I have to reinstall the game bearing in mind that it's advised you delete the patches prior to re-instalation.

Mind you that I always had loads missing files, that were not sorted out by reinstalling the client, redownloading the client, and formating my hardisk, reinstalling WIN XP Pro. In fact my mates have the same problem (having to make up .ini files to get the game started).

Anyway, do you think there is the slightest possibility, i could just copy and paste another client.exe onto the game's directory (I don't think so)?

Any ideas?
I think you can as my friend had a problem and I coppied mine over to his comp

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 13:11
yep I did the same to fix my laptop's nc2 installation after it reset itself one too many times...

BloodLetting
15-07-05, 15:28
yea Just copy the whole folder then open it and use the launcher in the folder..Works fine :)