PDA

View Full Version : my last stealth fix thread

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 00:23
ok how about this, ignore the crude drawings it was 10 seconds in pain just to ilistrate what i mean

make stealthers invisable realy close to see the lil blue bubbles... closer than it is now ever. basicaly make there texture compleat alpha BUT make them targetable with a tiny hit box

normal bloke on the left and a stealthers hitbox on the right

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 02:55
I don't like this idea much, solo spies/PEs have it hard enough as it is - especially since most of the time they're getting hunted by teams (from what I've seen at MB/CRP/etc)

Evranick
15-07-05, 03:07
Yes , Same than Scanner ( and I'm Pe capp .. ) :)

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 03:10
Solos do have it hard enough, however stealth in its current form is just to easy.
And I acually like his Idea, since you have to be alot closer to see the bubles, and the hitbox is pretty small if you compare it to a ingame person.

And for the record, Im a Solo RC,PC,HC, PE. Solo RC and PC spies.

I use stealth, but that doesnt mean I ahve to like it

Arien
15-07-05, 03:26
give ppus stealth, and boost para

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 04:23
give ppus stealth, and boost para
Youre funny

Arien
15-07-05, 04:26
You're

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 04:49
You're
Atleast I didnt spell it your geeze give me a fucking break.

Arien
15-07-05, 04:50
At least

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 04:59
At least
zomg I w4/\/ts j00

Rob01m
15-07-05, 06:17
You're

That's a sentence fragment. Seriously, don't be the grammar and spelling police, it's quite pointless online when the other person can still convey his/her ideas.

Anyways, I actually like this idea. They still keep their limited invisibility, but can still be hit with any weapon if spotted. Look at Planetside, in that game the faster the cloaked person moves, the easier it is to spot them. There's also no targeting boxes in that game. Stealth tools shouldn't be what they are. I'm saying this with over 10 spies and PEs made throughout my game time.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 06:39
Anyways, I actually like this idea. They still keep their limited invisibility, but can still be hit with any weapon if spotted. Look at Planetside, in that game the faster the cloaked person moves, the easier it is to spot them. There's also no targeting boxes in that game. Stealth tools shouldn't be what they are. I'm saying this with over 10 spies and PEs made throughout my game time.
As a cloaker from PS, Thats not true.
At more then 50feet your seen clear as day if you move at all, some issue with the way their grafics load

Superbron
15-07-05, 07:56
Add SI after stealth-usage and a 0% si req to the tool - nuff nerfed. nuff offtopic :)This is what I consider the solution to stealth.

Jesterthegreat
15-07-05, 08:13
This is what I consider the solution to stealth.

aye works for me too.

means they can use it mid combat once (lame), but not more (good!)

Rob01m
15-07-05, 10:21
As a cloaker from PS, Thats not true.
At more then 50feet your seen clear as day if you move at all, some issue with the way their grafics load

I know about that, but I meant at normal distances, not counting bugs. :p

Too many people in that game are cloaked combat engineers IMO... I have no troubles with those but it is annoying.

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 12:30
mkae the hitbox as hard to hit as a fucking dragonfly for all i care, just make them hittable with any weapon, it removes the LE switch, besides it makes u invisable, dont mean ur not there, u still should be totaly hittable, i was being nice sujesting a tiny hitbox

i think this is the fairest way to fix it, it means stealth tool has to be used wisely, have to say out of direct line of vition of ppl and have to use to sneak in because if u use it mid combat a realy REALY determined runner will still kill u

without being on the local list it still means u can stealth into places, but also means u aint invincable, sniper spys can still use it effectivly, nobodys going to repeditdly hit a 1 pixel wide aim box across half a map, especialy if apu range is finaly nurfed, and with the bubble distance change it should acutaly help stealthers who are using it for stealth and not for running away,

if stealth is left the way it is on a pvp server everybody will role a stealther to protect there pretious items, everybody should be killable even if its dam hard, also impliment SI if u have to, but only on noob Stealth tools since there requierment free, makes it fair like that the noob ones have side effects

krynstone
15-07-05, 17:54
I dont think the idea would work at all. The problem will then be people who just swing their targetting back and forth across the screen to see if spies are around. That's what I would do if they implemented that which means the whole point to stealth(being undetectable) will be foregone. Sure you can only see then bubbles if they are "close". But even knowing the spy is around is a defeat of stealth and as I said all the enemy would have to do is constantly swing their aim across the horizon to see that spies are around. Sure you can't hit them but you know they're there and you have a heads up. The whole point to stealth is no heads up.

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 19:01
ok how about this, ignore the crude drawings it was 10 seconds in pain just to ilistrate what i mean

Haha, suffering Bij?

ZoVoS
17-07-05, 19:37
http://70.85.80.69/videos/0/64334_ad9e3.avi

there u go. 10 mins not 10 seconds, that do ya?

Arien
17-07-05, 19:55
haha nice