PDA

View Full Version : New Neocronicle News System available

Arbiter
14-07-05, 16:01
Hi!

As stated several times before, we now have a new Neocronicle News System. There will be no more Neocronicles posted as threads in the forum. Instead we will have several news submissions per week in this new system.

Here we go: http://www.neocronicle.com

Have fun!

Xylaz
14-07-05, 16:36
Looks good.

I hope that after the pvp server launch there will be a place for Pandore News as well there.

hmm, actually there's something wierd with those menus. whats the difference between Terra News and the City News? Seems quite redundant for me. Come to think of it, Global News are pointless also - as there are no other news than Terra-city...

Riddle
14-07-05, 16:41
Excellent move :)

Like it a lot , Congrats.

Tratos
14-07-05, 16:48
looks quite nice i just hope the regular content additions mentioned are delivered to get the storyline flowing continuously, also will Anti-City articles be forwarded to the votr.de.vu?

[TgR]KILLER
14-07-05, 16:57
Looks good.

I hope that after the pvp server launch there will be a place for Pandore News as well there.

i'll prob start a flame fight now.. but why the hell does the pvp server need that its a pvp server not a roleplay server. don't waste wasted efforts to put rp on the pvp server.

CMaster
14-07-05, 16:58
I think the terra one is for sutff speciific to Terra. Also, I was amused by the advert for "NC Zoo - come visit us", erm, you might have to like OPEN for that.

msdong
14-07-05, 17:03
I think the terra one is for sutff speciific to Terra. Also, I was amused by the advert for "NC Zoo - come visit us", erm, you might have to like OPEN for that.

nobody askin u to come IN and look for animals in that ad :p

sanityislost
14-07-05, 17:10
Sweet , nice one!

SiL ..:..

Arbiter
14-07-05, 17:12
Looks good.
hmm, actually there's something wierd with those menus. whats the difference between Terra News and the City News? Seems quite redundant for me. Come to think of it, Global News are pointless also - as there are no other news than Terra-city...

Terra news is for news that only apply for Terra. If we add Pandore, this Category makes more sense, right ;)

Global News is nothing more than the main category. You get all news posts displayed in this category. Actually, I might change the title a bit and add a new category for the main issues instead.

Tratos
14-07-05, 17:14
Yeah guess it would make some scence, i know this is asking alot but would it be possible for the German related news to be added under there servers also, but in english just so we can read up about what the Germans are up to?

p.s. Arb please check your PMs ;)

EDIT: With Neocronicle Magazine being dis-continued, will the NeMa stores throughout Neocron be removed? as the Neocronicle office exists in Plaza 2, the NeMa stores dont really server a purpose...

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:03
perdy lookin webbie, hope we can get somer dynamic storylines :D take a tip from the old AD crue =]

anyhoo, tis ;looking good

c. Every citizen has the right to appeal to the city council over his faction council if
d. the problem is of city interest. erm???

Guests of the city of neocron are not allowed to use any force (including verbal force). if a merc calls u a noob kill him :D

=D

Belthack from green belts The runner must return the hacked items or restitute the money worth of the items if owner accepts this arrangement. hack my belt bitches and ill report u to a gm who will nock ur SL to -100 =] was it realy worth it for the tl3 heal now... hehehe

soz i im just finding the rules fun hehe

NFL-match or in a cage (f.e. Jerk). ...

Xylaz
14-07-05, 18:28
KILLER']i'll prob start a flame fight now.. but why the hell does the pvp server need that its a pvp server not a roleplay server. don't waste wasted efforts to put rp on the pvp server.

Well, for me it will be more rp than pvp server. With its little pvp pressure, i feel it will be easier to "convince" people to role play :p

Now they can just say FU noob blah blah blah 111 etc. On the pvp server - assuming there wont be any LE there - they can say that too BUT they will have to bear the consequences of their actions (not like here, on Terra, with LEs and safezones).

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:33
exactly, sumbody says fuk u noob to a lvl 20, the lvl 20's clan comes along and rips him a new asshole =] no place to hide on a pvp server

we will enforce RP those who dont will be shot buy 10 moonie tanks :D

Spermy
14-07-05, 18:38
Just reading over the laws of the city - They've been translated right? I'll pick em over and correct em - send em into KK or something?

Sorry to be picky, but it's just an ace site and it seems a shame to detract from how professional it looks.

Think it's ace myself :D

Those laws are ace from an RP aspect - maybe get some players or GMs under the CA faction to act as law enforcement - so long as people are mature about it.

Arbiter
14-07-05, 18:42
@ZoVoS

This rules thing is an example from Mars. It doesn't apply to Terra... yet. Rules in there don't work with GM supervison, but with runer supervision.

If we offer news especially for the PvP server, their content will be fitting to that server. PvP doesn't mean that there is no RP.

Spermy
14-07-05, 18:44
AW!

ROCK THE FUCK ON!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/milkyren.gif

Does anyone know where ren's at? And whether he's back any time soon?

aKe`cj
14-07-05, 18:45
looks quite nice i just hope the regular content additions mentioned are delivered to get the storyline flowing continuously, also will Anti-City articles be forwarded to the votr.de.vu?

Most likely yes. If you send an anti-city article, advert etc to the neocronicle email and it is obvious that its targeted towards the votr it will be forwarded I guess. Of course you could use this form here (http://voice.akedo.de/portal.php?vc=newssubmit&ncat=terra&lang=eng&p=news) to avoid the delay :)

I'll prob start a flame fight now.. but why the hell does the pvp server need that its a pvp server not a roleplay server. don't waste wasted efforts to put rp on the pvp server

News are not only about RP, ...think of tournaments, battle reports, leagues.. whatever else connected to PvP. I do think one could find a few newsworthy events on this server too.

/edit: see above ;)

Usually you run an ad-campaign before the grand opening, dont you? Apart from that I am pretty sure I've seen this ad somewhere ingame already. ...oh, and I am not saying I wouldnt want to see the zoo opened soon - I'd really appreciate it, looked cool on the screens already, all I'm saying is - sometimes certain rants are a bit unneccesary. Personally, I am looking forward to the opening of the zoo.

Yeah guess it would make some scence, i know this is asking alot but would it be possible for the German related news to be added under there servers also, but in english just so we can read up about what the Germans are up to?

It's about twice to three times the work to translate articles than to write them, therefore I doubt every single bit is getting posted in 3 languages. In the past the major stories that apllied to all servers were multilingual, the smaller server-related articles only showed up in the german, or english neocronicle-thread, depending on the server of course. I dont expect this to change due to the massive amount of work related to translation, but maybe Arb can comment on that.

//edit2:
yes, unfortunately, someone does :)

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:47
;) i was guessing as much :D but we cn dream :P

i hope we have a stringent set of rules for the pvp server, with teh ability to kick people out of there fraction by elected fraction leaders, demote them to fractionless as it cant be done automaticaly anymore and set fractionless to kill by all, and make it so they have to join mercs because a nc or doy person wont accept a fractionless runner, and from merc they can join elsewhere

i think player inforcment of asshats is much better than rules inforcing it, then u can still be a total dick ur not restricted from being one, BUT there are conciquences

EDIT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sumbody owns http://votr.info/

Tratos
14-07-05, 19:03
Thats somethign ive just thought... are the Neocronicle and VoTr systems going to be available in French now as the French community will soon be KKs responsibilty also.

Arbiter
14-07-05, 23:13
This is something we have not really thought about yet. I hope we can find a way to keep up the service for the french guys and gals. But I don't think that we have many members in our team who are capable of translating articles to french (at least I can not). Besides that the storyline on the french server evolved independent from the line on the other servers. We can not answer things like that yet.

@ake'cj, thanks, you have put some things I wanted to say in better words than I did :)

Brammers
15-07-05, 18:28
That is excellent! Question about the adverts, that has been posted here (http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=92).

1. Can anti-city clans/traders advertise there?
2. What about resource/community sites like SynergyXR (http://nc.synergyxr.net) and also the Tech Haven Network (http://www.techhaven.org)? In the case of the Tech Haven network, a few of us are revamping the front page, putting in a new CMS, so it will be a little different when it launches.

Arbiter
15-07-05, 19:59
Anti-City related advertisements (includings clans) will have to relay on the VotR system, but fanpages can get advertisements, yes. TechHaven will be treated as neutral trading place ;). One feature I forgot to mention: We can also link the image to your site. :)

Brammers
15-07-05, 20:16
Cheers Arbiter, thats what I expected. I'll get one of our people to work on an image for the THN. 186x180...and it has to be orange looking...ok!

Tratos
15-07-05, 20:40
Green id imagine for VoTR ;)

aKe`cj
16-07-05, 00:41
Green id imagine for VoTR ;)

not always... only the parts that show up in the layout have to match the color-scheme - if they dont I'll just apply some greenish tint :)
Check this thread (http://voice.akedo.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125) for more info.

Tratos
20-07-05, 22:35
*hint* Check Neocronicle.com *hint*

LiL T
21-07-05, 02:34
KILLER']i'll prob start a flame fight now.. but why the hell does the pvp server need that its a pvp server not a roleplay server. don't waste wasted efforts to put rp on the pvp server.

Because the PvP server will be the real roleplay server, none of this overkill copbot shit and hopefully people will be able to sort stuff out them selfs. NPC's destroy games, they don't belong in an online game, if I wanted to fight NPC's I would install a single player game and blast to my hearts content but that got boring 2 years ago

Well, for me it will be more rp than pvp server. With its little pvp pressure, i feel it will be easier to "convince" people to role play :p

Now they can just say FU noob blah blah blah 111 etc. On the pvp server - assuming there wont be any LE there - they can say that too BUT they will have to bear the consequences of their actions (not like here, on Terra, with LEs and safezones).

Exactly and plz do inform me who you are ingame once there, then we can FORCE PEOPLE TO RP!!!! ^^

No more shit talking on trade because when found they will be killed its as simple as.

Brammers
26-07-05, 19:26
The RSS feed is broke, IE doesn't like it at all. Viewing the source reveals the problem.

<br>
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/kw1/07/737/00000006/htdocs/eng/index.php:18) in <b>/mnt/kw1/07/737/00000006/htdocs/eng/wp-rss2.php</b> on line <b>10</b><br>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- generator="wordpress/1.5.1.3" -->
<rss version="2.0"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
>

Can you fix it please! ;)

Heavyporker
26-07-05, 23:09
W00000T friggin' HOOOO!!!

This looks very exciting. Man. These articles look excellent.

Arbiter
27-07-05, 10:58
We are already working on the problem with the newsfeed. Thanks for your notice :)

Neally
27-07-05, 11:23
This is something we have not really thought about yet. I hope we can find a way to keep up the service for the french guys and gals. But I don't think that we have many members in our team who are capable of translating articles to french (at least I can not). Besides that the storyline on the french server evolved independent from the line on the other servers. We can not answer things like that yet.

@ake'cj, thanks, you have put some things I wanted to say in better words than I did :)

Afaik AD is in charge until Pandore's end. ;)