PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 1 surver?

Breakaway
14-07-05, 08:43
Hey, I was just wondering if any nc 1 survers where still running as I really miss it. And if so, does anyone think kk would make a new nc 1 classic surver if we got enough people to join? as it would be a cool thing to have if you want a breather from nc 2 or just enjoy classic nc 1 :) . I know they have done this with afew other games such as legend of mir / anarcy online and everquest for thos who want the old life back again.

Anyway, just post on here if you agree and would also like to have a classic surver back on nad we can make a petition. also, im not saying nc 2 isnt good, as i love it but i want to play nc 1 again and im sure alot of others agree.

Thanks for reading this and please post your thaughts.

Superbron
14-07-05, 08:50
Uranus is the classic NC1 server. It's up I believe, but there have been some major problems with this server recently. I think KK doesn't want to put much effort in maintaining this server as it doesn't generate a lot of income. I think you can play on Uranus however.

Sakletare
14-07-05, 09:40
I think you can play on Uranus however.
Yes, you can. I visited Uranus this weekend, there was 12 ppl online.
I talked to a person there about it and it turns out that there's even some new players there. The NC1 crowd mostly consist of people with old gfx cards and those who can't afford to pay for a game.

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 03:09
Does that mean playing on Uranus is free?

Superbron
15-07-05, 07:54
Does that mean playing on Uranus is free?
Last time I logged in on Uranus was 9 months after I had cancelled my account.

LTA
15-07-05, 11:37
22 people now lol

Lotta people who quit nc2 have been joining, i dunno just seems a whole lot better, the faction list is better, plaza safezones again with City Admin in p1 so people can interact, can actually see people instead of one or two who pass u by if ur lucky.
A generally better air about the place even if it is so few people and no fuckin YMCA dance to cast a spell and the old grittier models!! :p

and yeah its free but to be honest i'd happily pay a fiver a month if kk would make it more known as a classic server ;)

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 13:37
Lots of people from Pandora have moved over. The only thing wrong is th remote repair tools, which means i cant go out with my HC PE much :(

DigestiveBiscui
15-07-05, 13:41
it's free?

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 13:53
Installing NC1 today, see you there...

DigestiveBiscui
15-07-05, 13:56
sounds tempting :P

i wish i stillhad NLPro on my comp lol - loved that in NC1 :p

Gunslinger
15-07-05, 13:58
I have disc version of NC1, can anyone pls link me to patch's??

Hope to see some of u there soon :D

DigestiveBiscui
15-07-05, 14:00
u can get the patches from the Nc launcher still

Hippieman
15-07-05, 14:04
Better just to get the grouped patches from KK's FTP.

EDIT: I can't type worth shit today. 3 damn edits. Sheesh

Gunslinger
15-07-05, 14:11
WOOT Got em downloading, actually getting quite excited, back to the good old days of Pepper Park, the old hud, old skins, WOO HOO.

DigestiveBiscui
15-07-05, 14:21
just so i know im not going wrong :P

u have to strat new chars right? u can't use ya olds one from NC1?

because if u can my account is a bit bugged :P

Sakletare
15-07-05, 14:51
just so i know im not going wrong :P

u have to strat new chars right? u can't use ya olds one from NC1?

because if u can my account is a bit bugged :P
Your account is just as you left it at the end of NC1. I have some old chars there even though Saturn vas my primary server.

DigestiveBiscui
15-07-05, 14:51
yea same as - got no chars on nc1 then :p

Saiyuki-
15-07-05, 15:26
To log into Nc 1 can u use your nc2 active account ?

65 patches to DL on dialup GAAH

Gunslinger
15-07-05, 15:40
I have 2 chars on Uranus that i have transfered to NC2 and are totally useless on NC1, have nothing, can i delete them from NC1 and not lose them in NC2, if u know what i mean?

Saiyuki-
15-07-05, 15:42
I lost all my stuff in the transfer from NC 1 to NC 2 so i have it now i guess hehehehee

Bugs Gunny
15-07-05, 15:55
Heh, i migth give that a go for old times sake.

Sakletare
15-07-05, 16:19
I have 2 chars on Uranus that i have transfered to NC2 and are totally useless on NC1, have nothing, can i delete them from NC1 and not lose them in NC2, if u know what i mean?
You can safely delete them in NC1, nothing you do there have any effect on NC2.

LTA
15-07-05, 16:26

Just need a nc1 account as long as its been active at some point of the nc 1 life should work

Saiyuki-
15-07-05, 16:29
cool thx :)

Evranick
15-07-05, 16:40

Just need a nc1 account as long as its been active at some point of the nc 1 life should work

Yes , But If I remember Lots of Men got some bugs ..

Original monk
15-07-05, 16:46
I lost all my stuff in the transfer from NC 1 to NC 2 so i have it now i guess hehehehee

lol dont remind us about that

nEo-1664
15-07-05, 19:54
ive been playing on uranus now for about 2months, economy is a little slow, but there are people on it :)

But after a friend apparantly spoke to Lupus, he 'might' be able to reimplement the remote repair tool, and enhance the rare drop rate, as there just aren't the people to trade etc. But it would be nice :P

RogerRamjet
15-07-05, 20:44
But after a friend apparantly spoke to Lupus, he 'might' be able to reimplement the remote repair tool, and enhance the rare drop rate, as there just aren't the people to trade etc. But it would be nice :P

Thats was me, but he said that NC2 takes priority naturally.

landofcake
15-07-05, 22:31
I might have to join you guys ;)

landofcake
16-07-05, 03:04
Logged on this evening to see 12 people online ... at 2am !!!

Amazing ... and all my stuff is intact ... now i just need to find that Move On ;)

Mr_Snow
16-07-05, 04:32
kk should have seriously made a fresh NC1 server, called it classic and allowed players to port characters to it + charge $5 a month for it and kept 1 coder working on it or smthng

landofcake
16-07-05, 12:32
kk should have seriously made a fresh NC1 server, called it classic and allowed players to port characters to it + charge $5 a month for it and kept 1 coder working on it or smthng

I'd probably pay for that ...

Gunslinger
16-07-05, 12:41
Ditto, me and my wife play and would happily pay for both accounts.

Hoernerice
16-07-05, 12:46
u know what happen, when they made a classic server.... all players would move to this server... first the old, wich know it. then the new, of course nothing on the nc2 server happens and/or their clanmates moved to this server.
i would move there too....

DigestiveBiscui
16-07-05, 14:03
u know what happen, when they made a classic server.... all players would move to this server... first the old, wich know it. then the new, of course nothing on the nc2 server happens and/or their clanmates moved to this server.
i would move there too....

then do it, and maybe KK would take the hint that nc2 wasn't what everyone wanted?

seriously - its why i left :p

Hoernerice
16-07-05, 14:35
seriously - its why i left :p

thought always u left of course me o.o j/k
i told few mins ago in clan.... few rl think now about.... problem is with our new guys, wich just play since nc2. can they change?

DigestiveBiscui
17-07-05, 13:08
i never left properly :p

i just havent played in 9 months because nc2 was a complete mess

and read the sig :p

Brammers
17-07-05, 15:59
Bah, just re-installed NC1, and Uranus is down.

Arien
17-07-05, 16:25
i actually like nc2 more, nc1 was basically a carebear game with all the safezones and crap, nc2 has a much better cyberpunk feel, and the faction hqs being safezones is GREAT, as it actually gets people hanging out at the place those factionmembers SHOULD be hanging out at

plus nc2 runs a LOT better for me, less bugs (only the waving hand bug really bothers me), better graphics, MUCH MUCH MUCH better animations, after you get used to the new models they ARE much better, the old ones fitted nc at the time but nc2 is a much more gritty cyberpunk world and the cartoonish badly skinned pixelated models of NC1 just wouldnt fit, more leveling places, more depth to the game, more places to explore etc etc

and dont call me an nc2 newb or whatever, i played from nc1 retail

LTA
17-07-05, 16:36
but nc2 is a much more gritty cyberpunk world and the cartoonish badly skinned pixelated models of NC1 just wouldnt fit, more leveling places, more depth to the game, more places to explore etc etc

Depth is what you add and how u play your game

As for cartoonish the NC2 models look way more cartoony to me than the old ones, the onlder ones were much more grimier and the hud was a lot better no random tat cluttering my screen just what i need to see and the ability to modify it

More leveling places? U mean people have changed from sewers, aggies, clops, firemobs, cave routine??

Nc2 in terms of carebareness is the same just the safezones have been moved, pepper park was better the old way, faction relations was better the old way and people only hang where the safe zones at, if the only safe zone in the game was a patch of land surrounded by pitch black nothing everyone would hang there.

Down to opinion anyway, i'd rather be playing a bug free neocron 1 than a half finished effort of doy where i wave my arms like a member of YMCA and still crash as much as nc1

Arien
17-07-05, 17:12
i still hang around in plaza, only now i have somethign to do some of the time rather than walking around spamming sex, there is a LOT more variation in places to level, DoY is a lot of fun to wander about on a procity annyoing the residents (if only there were a few more heh) and is a very well designed city, if it was used a little more it would be great, it captures the cyberpunk essence perfectly, the new faction symps are just as good as the old ones apart from maybe the mercs,

the grass is always greener, the same people who back then cryed for hacknet, city safezones removed and changed fac symps now cry for the old stuff back, nc1 is still open and if it was really so good everyone would still play it fulltime, if they deleted nc2 tomorrow everyone would cry for it back again

only safezone change i dont approve of is MB being a safezone, wtf is up with that, it was always one of the best pvp locations, make the fac hq a safezone by all means but the WHOLE thing? lame.

the only carebearness left in the game is the paradox people who wont go more than 20 feet from the DRE hq, i spend most of my 'not doing anything but still ingame' time in doy tsunami district or the nearby sectors or in the plaza zones, no safezone there, if i get attacked by someone better then me then i die (or more like 3-4 people better than me, ppu ftw ;) ) but those guys are terrified of dying and even with 2 ppus for each fighter wont stray from the safezone

LTA
17-07-05, 17:21
the grass is always greener, the same people who back then cryed for hacknet, city safezones removed and changed fac symps now cry for the old stuff back, nc1 is still open and if it was really so good everyone would still play it fulltime, if they deleted nc2 tomorrow everyone would cry for it back again

Probably if they knew it existed and at the mo was free already seeing lots of old players reappearing to play it, loads of people quit coz they didnt like doy dont remember many crying for Red vs Blue fac symps.

I liked the fact i was never totally safe from anti city as a Black Dragon knowing a rival gang could at anytime could attack me, now i know if it aint city its no threat.

People would only cry coz they paying for it if they deleted it and said were reverting to completely re do the old nc and squash the bugs i wouldnt cry, infact i wouldnt cry for it at all.
Like i said opions and what you like, i enjoyed nc2 at first but just didnt suck me in like the old nc does

RogerRamjet
17-07-05, 17:24
All NC1 needed was the ceres labs :)

dem0n
17-07-05, 17:48
Yes, you can. I visited Uranus this weekend, there was 12 ppl online.
I talked to a person there about it and it turns out that there's even some new players there. The NC1 crowd mostly consist of people with old gfx cards and those who can't afford to pay for a game.

do you know NC2 is playable with a SiS 650 32 MB :\?

DigestiveBiscui
17-07-05, 21:52
do you know NC2 is playable with a SiS 650 32 MB :\?

run or play? :p

2 different things

MuggleMind
17-07-05, 22:04
NC2 is playable with a SiS 650 32 MB :\?

Bah.. and to think I usually play NC1 on an Opteron PC with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card.

Arien
17-07-05, 22:13
haggisman from uranus nc1 played and pvped on a 32meg geforce 2mx for a looong time so pretty much any card nowadays will run it fine

Mr_Snow
18-07-05, 21:14
i actually like nc2 more, nc1 was basically a carebear game with all the safezones and crap, nc2 has a much better cyberpunk feel, and the faction hqs being safezones is GREAT, as it actually gets people hanging out at the place those factionmembers SHOULD be hanging out at

plus nc2 runs a LOT better for me, less bugs (only the waving hand bug really bothers me), better graphics, MUCH MUCH MUCH better animations, after you get used to the new models they ARE much better, the old ones fitted nc at the time but nc2 is a much more gritty cyberpunk world and the cartoonish badly skinned pixelated models of NC1 just wouldnt fit, more leveling places, more depth to the game, more places to explore etc etc

and dont call me an nc2 newb or whatever, i played from nc1 retail
nc2 has wank models that dont fit in in the world(just look at all the polls made about it), crappy animations esp. monks, and added almost no new levelling places and places to explore(oh wow doy :rolleyes: )

and new safezones rules suck

Nullvoid
18-07-05, 21:37
The only models I find worse than before are those for the psi-monks. I much prefer the tank, PE and spy models I use now to any I had(or could've had) in nc1.

Arien
18-07-05, 22:40
i love all the new models apart from the male psi monks who im undecided about

Breakaway
19-07-05, 21:40
Well i hope to see all of you on soon :D as ive been playing it for about a month and the atmospheer/surroundings is much better than nc 2 and a note to kk (charge 5$ for this surver, Change its name to classis nc surver, Make sure it keeps running smoothly by patching it occasionly and let the good times role :) )