PDA

View Full Version : Patch 140 Facts

Odin
13-07-05, 22:34
You guys know the drill.

/me adds note to beat down Thanny for forgetting to add the thread. :p

Tostino
13-07-05, 22:43
Well it seems that instead of fizzeling like you would before the patch your spell animation buggs out but the spell still casts on you.

Galileo
13-07-05, 22:50
NeXT Epic Mission 6 still bugged. NPC is back but no F8 after talking to HR Director and talking to Elias does nothing.

Exioce
13-07-05, 22:58
there's a tendency for the game to freeze on login when you click the 'next' button.

BloodLetting
13-07-05, 23:01
there's a tendency for the game to freeze on login when you click the 'next' button.

Yes I get that also sometimes. I have to hard boot my computer and then select a diferent char and I can get in...then logg out and select the one I was originaly trying to get into the game...Confusing Iknow :rolleyes:

Dargeshaad
13-07-05, 23:45
Alt+Ctrl+Del -> Task Manager is your friend

Brammers
14-07-05, 13:41
Rhino Keys. If I drag two (Stacked) freshly built Rhino keys from my inventory, one goes in the cab, while the rest disappear. Relogging fixes this.

However Rhino keys in a cab no longer stack, and if I take them out they wont stack.

Girian
14-07-05, 16:40
- When you log out there was sometimes a timer showing how long the char would remain logged in. Didn't always show, but still it was nice. Since about a patch or 2 it completely disappeared from login screen.

- When using DX7 login still show full char-models instead of just the face.

- When changing faction money is not deducted onscreen from amount of NC.

- Still lots of freezes when trying to log on.

- items falling back into Inventory from Trade-window.

- synching when log on (0/50 HLT bug) still around way too often (even enabling dead people to talk!)

- when running in plaza (for example when running from p2 -> p1 and getting around the first corner, the client still crashes every now and then.

- crashing when targeting a char in the wasteland (never encountered the same inside building personally, but that's prolly just sheer luck).

- if you crash when entering Blackhill zone, you're dead on relog (from falling down the hill). Unless you're highlevel char with enough HLT(/resists?). That kind of design should be changed in the wastelands, cuz PC doesn't voluntarily crash in a zone :D

- client-server lag seems crazy sometims (resulting in failing casts on running chars, where both chars have ping around 100). Not to mention crazy stuff like dying after being in stealth for over 20 seconds by being shot with Rhino!

- ping used to be 35-40, but now hardly ever goes below 100 (for me only in this game, not related to any change in my internet-connection)

I know most problems are not patch 140 related, but since they've been around for ages and seem to be the most frustrating for everyone I thought they should be mentioned again, so they can be properly addressed by the coding team ;)

Riddle
14-07-05, 17:15

Had this too. But I think you'll find it catches you up. My transfer didn't deduct money straight away instead it was about half hour later, have you checked?

Tratos
14-07-05, 17:23
Had this too. But I think you'll find it catches you up. My transfer didn't deduct money straight away instead it was about half hour later, have you checked?

Normaly if you go an buy something for example 345credits, it will cot you 300345credits, or a gen-rep trip ill cost you 304000credits.

Girian
14-07-05, 18:30
I know that internally it is deducted. I just want the gamescreen to reflect the actual situation as it has done in the past. My summary of known issues is what bothers many ppl. It gives the feeling of "bad game" and that's what we don't want for newcomers. I got used to all bugs, but I also know the known bugs are part of ppl leaving, cuz they've never been addressed properly by the coding team.

Tired of workarounds and explaining new players in-game that certain bugs are known, while they should've been resolved looooong ago :)

But still, I'm also happy with the results towards a better game ;)

Brammers
14-07-05, 18:41
NNPU X Parts - They have stopped stacking.

Brammers
14-07-05, 22:49
Crashlogs for you - expect lots of these, as my FRE rate has gone up. Happened while I was casting Heal Sanc down Swap Caves

Brammers
14-07-05, 22:57
Drones are sometimes gettting stuck in the wall had this several times today. Doesn't seem there is a pattern. (Looks like some rounding error with the X,Y and Z positions)

Screenshots below.

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 14:06
- When you log out there was sometimes a timer showing how long the char would remain logged in. Didn't always show, but still it was nice. Since about a patch or 2 it completely disappeared from login screen.

I also lost this countdown timer on my DX9 computer.

I never had it on my DX7 laptop.

Girian
18-07-05, 12:18
- when running in plaza (for example when running from p2 -> p1 and getting around the first corner, the client still crashes every now and then.

Actually had this in CA HQ a few times as well now. When chars should pop up (lagged) when running around some corners the client crashes.

RogerRamjet
18-07-05, 12:22
When i cast a spell the animation fizzles but then does a motion like he's pulling one off, then it casts.

Lots of lag resulting in fatals too.

-FN-
18-07-05, 18:10
It updates with the next transaction. If you change factions, then go buy a 3nc Milky Ren, it will say you paid 303000nc.

- items falling back into Inventory from Trade-window.
I don't belive this is a bug, but an anti-macro device.

- if you crash when entering Blackhill zone, you're dead on relog (from falling down the hill). Unless you're highlevel char with enough HLT(/resists?). That kind of design should be changed in the wastelands, cuz PC doesn't voluntarily crash in a zone :D
Changing the spawn point instead of the zone should do it, shouldn't it? That or place a bunch of trees around the spawn hill to slow the fall :p

capt-o
18-07-05, 22:18
With this latest patch, maybe the one before it too though it wasn't as severe, i cannont get to the login screen. The client launches, the game shows the splash screens, then goes to the black screen with the circuitry looking design at the top and bottom of the screen. That's as far as i get and I end up having to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of the game. This happens regardless of whether or not I left click the splashscreens, hit esc at them, or let them run. (btw what are the commands to dissable that in the startup.ini?)

Is there a workaround for this? I can't play NC at all and i've already run the filechecker. It ran and did nothing. :confused:

Mighty Max
18-07-05, 23:19
Thats usually a sign of low memory when it stops after slash but before login menu.

Did you install new persistant software? Try to start Neocron with less running programs in the background.

Tickles
19-07-05, 00:52
No GR in Escador. Was in NC1 and map shows there should be one.

eprodigy
20-07-05, 19:32
No GR in Escador. Was in NC1 and map shows there should be one.
there hasnt been one since nc2 started. id say it was on purpose.

Girian
21-07-05, 12:29
- 0:00 hour: dead mob disappearance
Stupid bug, stupid feature, whatever you call it, it's annoying and should be changed.

- When using Gaya Glove the infoscreen on spells still shows "red" PSI AMP ability (does work, but can't be to hard to change that onscreen as well :P)

- Items being displayed as other items after death(+GR?) (ie. trying to implant a piece of armor)

- Not being able to use spells/implants/armor that show up as usable (SI)

(@FN: Changing spawnpoint seems harder, since spawnpoint is always the same for each sector, so, trees might work, but something should be done to reduce death from falling after crashing. About the 300300nc milky rens: it's just one of many flaws in the game-mechanics which will only add up to the annoyance-factor for any player; hence, less new players that will stay)

ArthurDent2k
21-07-05, 14:54
Last few days I often experienced Inv- and Gogu-Bugs...things stuffed into inv or Gogu just disappeared and didn't come back until relog. Not that bad since it can be solved with the universal solution :D but quite bad when its a spell or PA while you support some little one :)
Then *hm lemme think* the Lift-Bug is still there (you use an elevator and for other runners you're stuck in the top of it until you take a seat), get this mostly Plaza1/Crytons...that Bug is there since I started,got used to say "Come up and sit down" ;)
The thing with the money booked upon the next transaction...well,thats nothing serious,anyone gets the point after a little thinking...what weighs much more concerning Fraction Change is leaving a clan and loosing all symps/have them messed up...thats a point where not only noobs think "Ok,that`s it,I quit" ...and even worse: can't be cured by relogging in many cases :(

Excuse my English please ^^

P.S: There should be a Page One in every manual and the Tut that says "When anything goes wrong...RELOG" since relog obviously solves many many problems :D

Kierz
21-07-05, 20:58
Gotta love the next transaction money thing sometimes...

http://62.253.162.10/resonator/Krz/blackloly.jpg

Brammers
22-07-05, 14:39
Graphic corruption bugs on Geforce cars in both DX9 and DX7 modes - please see this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1845978

And some older threads:-

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=121152
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=114618

Hell-demon
22-07-05, 15:07
:) Lip bug on Male PEs is another graphical thingy that needs fixing

Dirus
25-07-05, 02:38
NeXT Epic Mission 6 still bugged. NPC is back but no F8 after talking to HR Director and talking to Elias does nothing.

The Fix NPC should finish the epic and give you the reward, if it doesn't work then you tried talking to the real HR first, and caused the faulty script to remain in your cache. Relog and try talking to the Fix NPC only.

NNPU X Parts - They have stopped stacking.

Anything that is being tracked via Item Tracking will no longer stack, as they're now seen as "Different" to the server.

Brammers
25-07-05, 12:14
Well it seems a bit random whether the item gets tracked or not.

Like the other day, I salvaged some X parts from a Rhino key, and they stacked ok on the exiting stack of X parts.

I'm wondering if this item tracking/stacking problem is related to this inv bug that a lot of people are getting.

Edit: If I find any more out, I'll let you all know.

netster
25-07-05, 15:25
dont forget the invisible parts after salvaging rhino-keys...

Bugs Gunny
25-07-05, 15:39
Yeah that's truly anoying. Especialy visible when salvaging the ca plasma wave.

CMaster
25-07-05, 19:46
DoY assault unit MkII is still just as bugged and as deadly as ever. All thats changed is when (very rareley) it behaves in a non-bugged way, it does less damage. When bugged, it still isnta-kills PPUs through walls. - Watched 2 last night kill 10+ runners (often through walls) and about 30+ other DoY bots in OZ station.

RogerRamjet
25-07-05, 20:02
lol, had some fun times hunting those Bots.

ZoVoS
25-07-05, 21:06
dont we have to kill em and despawn em before they spawn correctly?

Okran
29-07-05, 19:50
Arrgh now I cant log into the game very much without it completely crashing after I have just selected which character I want to log in with! I cant get access to Task Manager either it just locks up, then I have to hard re-set!
This has never happened before, whats changes on the log in page to mess this up? I see no difference :confused:

Also, there is still the Synchronising log in bug, where you cant do anything and your stats are all re-set with no credits or soulight.

I dont understand it! This game has been around for a least THREE YEARS and there is no light at the end of the doy tunnel for any fixes regarding bugs that are YEARS OLD!!

Xylaz
29-07-05, 20:35
I dont understand it! This game has been around for a least THREE YEARS and there is no light at the end of the doy tunnel for any fixes regarding bugs that are YEARS OLD!!

tsk tsk... so impatient... give it ten more years :lol:

Brammers
01-08-05, 18:15
Anything that is being tracked via Item Tracking will no longer stack, as they're now seen as "Different" to the server.

Hmm, have you guys turned off Item tracking? As the batch of Gluider keys made today are now stacking again. :confused:

krynstone
01-08-05, 18:20
They stated in a different thread that item tracking has nothing to do with stackability...But yeah..it seems like they are stacking

-FN-
10-08-05, 23:06
Dunno if this has been posted... the MB Elevator Shaft fix from a few patches ago looks nice, but does nothing. They're not solid objects.

Dirus
11-08-05, 00:49
Dunno if this has been posted... the MB Elevator Shaft fix from a few patches ago looks nice, but does nothing. They're not solid objects.

Fixed with next patch.