PDA

View Full Version : The life of the imortal jailguards & traders

zii
13-07-05, 16:43
For at least the past two months the smugglers, some traders in PP3 and the guards in the prison (OZ8) have become imortal. I can chuck a CS in their face and they simply stand there and wave.

I cannot raid the prison and attack/ defend myself against the guards. My little droner decided to go and kill them big blighters last night and they took zero damage.

Is there a reason for this, or is part of some role play event? :wtf:

z.

Tratos
13-07-05, 18:07
Traders being immortal makes sence so people dont accidently AOE them and loose SL but i think the gaurds might be bugged O_o

CMaster
13-07-05, 18:17
I was told that the jailhouse guards were made immortal as people were exploit-levelling off them. As for traders, I don't mind them being godmoded, but could we PLEASE have their auto-defense scripts disabled? It really sucks to attack a mob or enemy runner, then have the imortal traders shooting you something silly.

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 02:31
lol yes that is soooooo anoying (autodefending tradeskillers)

n the jailhous guards been imortal for ages now aint they?

Mr Kot
14-07-05, 03:09
could we PLEASE have their auto-defense scripts disabled? It really sucks to attack a mob or enemy runner, then have the imortal traders shooting you something silly.

God, that pisses me off too.

Hope you're taking notes, KK ;)

zii
14-07-05, 03:57
I don't see the problem of levelling of the guards. They do shoot back, you know.

ArgieD
14-07-05, 13:48
Well, I had spent some time droning in the Old Jailhouse in NC1. After a while I notified NC regarding the exploit.

However, there was a very thin line between exploiting and just levelling there.

Levelling: The jailguards occassionally passed through the main gate and buttraped the droner who thought of keep fighting rather than drop and run...

Exploiting: A bunch of Jailguards would only stand and get shot at by the Main Gate resulting to some sweet XP.

I think this is why they made the Jailguards immoral.

As about the shopkeepers (NPCs), there is some explanation too.
These poor chaps, just heard some violent shooting outside their shops. Seconds later, a man walks in with blood on his hands and a smokey weapon;
-Can I get some drugs please?

A gun totting, drugg addict who just killed somebody.... C'mon, what would YOU do?

Let us not blame KK for everything gentlemen!!! :lol:

Cheers

ARGIE - Explaining the Unexplained since 2003...

Mr Kot
14-07-05, 14:11
I think this is why they made the Jailguards immoral.
Immoral? That whole damn place is immoral :p The guards became immortal because of a few naughty people in NC1. That's why a safespot rule was added in NC2 to clarify the issue.

I'm unsure why their level was nerfed to 70/70 though. They were originally 70/70 then very quickly boosted to 100/100 when lots of runners started going there. Nerfing them down again to 70/70 seems a bit pointless now the exploit has been fixed.

Riddle
14-07-05, 17:33
Jail?

Been there like once in all my time in NC1 or 2 and for what?

Was a good concept with a load of ideas given by community on RED SL players appys, roleplaying, etc... But tbh most have no reason to go there so just another redundant map :rolleyes:

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:41
i know a few ppl who live there =] one of my characters lived there for a long time =]

ArgieD
14-07-05, 20:30
Well, to my defense, my droner was non-LEd.

As a result, numerous chaps had a go...