PDA

View Full Version : Patch 140 Discussion

Thanatos
13-07-05, 14:21
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=en&id=126&)

The servers will go down at 2:30 PM CET for approximately 1 hour.

Scanner Darkly
13-07-05, 14:25
Hope this fixes the annoying lagged misscasts and it sounds like it could bring a bit more balance to monks too...

Super stuff, kkeep up the good work.

Dargeshaad
13-07-05, 14:28
Fast spells = 105/min (most APU spells)
Medium spells = 52/min (Heals)
Slow spells = 21/min (Antibuffs)

Or how should it be interpreted?

Mechanicus
13-07-05, 14:28
looks good, there must have been about 8 memory leaks listed in patchnotes so far, how many of these things do we have 8|

Riddle
13-07-05, 14:29
Increased the recycling requirements for the trophies, trophies of small animals require less recycling skill than large ones.

Nice idea but is the drop rate considered adequate? I hunted all week and nothing :( i'm not the only one.

Improved code for the movement distance checks when casting PSI spells to better perform at high ping / latency. Fast spells should be casteable on the run, medium speels while walking, slow spells while standing.

Lets hope this works as intended :)

Fixed two clientside memory leaks.
Fixed an occasional buffer overflow in RPOS item info window.
Improved server performance.

Always welcome in a patch ;)

Good all round thx

[TgR]KILLER
13-07-05, 14:30
yea i hope the stupid miscasts are fixed the only char i use atm is my ppu and taking 3 times to cast s/d is bs..

it is a nice fix for para tho its basicly uncastable lol

awkward silence
13-07-05, 14:31
monks need alot more balancing tbh

Mechanicus
13-07-05, 14:32
KILLER']yea i hope the stupid miscasts are fixed the only char i use atm is my ppu and taking 3 times to cast s/d is bs..

it is a nice fix for para tho its basicly uncastable lol

only chars i had a problem on were my PEs, my tank and ppu have been casting pretty much flawlessly while my PEs fizzle standing still half the time

Rogue Arson
13-07-05, 14:35
Sounds good. Hope it works. Everyone cross your fingers...

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 14:42
YYYESS! exp reflex 4!
Thank you kk! Oh thank you glorious people!
Im going to go fap to pic of the NC team Im so happy
Thanatos can I plz have you babies I <3 you

disclaimer: This may make you feal icky

Selendor
13-07-05, 14:48
Thanks for the quick action on the problems with casting, hope it works when we get in game.

Is is me or is this the most sustained period of patching Neocron has had?

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 14:51
Thanks for the quick action on the problems with casting, hope it works when we get in game.

Is is me or is this the most sustained period of patching Neocron has had?
I think the begining of Theme Weeks had some hardcore patching

sultana
13-07-05, 15:05
- Improved code for the movement distance checks when casting PSI spells to better perform at high ping / latency. Fast spells should be casteable on the run, medium speels while walking, slow spells while standing.
Still don't know why it was changed in the first place.

So you want pe's and spies to stand still while casting their sheilds/dbs
Apu's when casting their antibuff
etc.

And I mean perfectly standing still. Not one step, because that is how it was, and from what I'm reading, how it's going to stay.

Nullvoid
13-07-05, 15:21
sweet, more bugfixes and stability improvements, thumbs up.

Oh as an aside:

"- Improved code for the movement distance checks when casting PSI spells to better perform at high ping / latency. Fast spells should be casteable on the run, medium speels while walking, slow spells while standing."

Will this affect the *wavey hands* syndrome? ie spells not casting when they should be, or is this just to do with the changes you made to runcasting.

jini
13-07-05, 15:25

So you want pe's and spies to stand still while casting their sheilds/dbs
Apu's when casting their antibuff
etc.

And I mean perfectly standing still. Not one step, because that is how it was, and from what I'm reading, how it's going to stay.
Sounds like a huge nerf to me as well...
And I dont understand why it got implemented... taking a look @ neocron ems... basically all but apus got nerfed ... I think Ill make my pe apu hybrid lol :D
Edit : oh and HAB... wow

RogerRamjet
13-07-05, 15:32
- Added Experimental Reflexbooster 3 & 4 implants to the CityMercs Faction Supply Manager.

/spaff

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 15:32
I got access to a merc everyone :)

Brammers
13-07-05, 15:35
I blink for 2 seconds and another patch comes along! I think I'll start doing the patch sweepstake again!

Nice little bug fix patch KK.

Lament
13-07-05, 15:40
im thinkin any patch is a good patch :) (its late and ive never used a forum before lol)

Dargeshaad
13-07-05, 15:49
I must say I'm impressed with the new runcasting. To me it feels like it's actually easier to runcast now than before they nerfed it, my apu hybrid can even fully runcast his HL now, before I would fizzle quite a few if I ran in a straight line. Furthermore s/d/db seems to be easier to cast as well

-Thumbs up

::edit::
Allthough occationally a spell seems to fizzle, but it still casts (when it happens the character makes a weird double cast animation)

Mechanicus
13-07-05, 15:56
wow i can *almost* true runcast my pe heal now, all i have to do is change direction while im casting even at full runspeed (about 100/70 running stats) and it'll work, almost the same with damageboost too

Riddle
13-07-05, 16:22
im thinkin any patch is a good patch :) (its late and ive never used a forum before lol)

Welcome ozz man got any VB>?

Galileo
13-07-05, 16:42
No Bug thread yet so posting in here:

NeXT NPC Mission 6 Fix is back, but no mission appears after you speak to HR Director. Talking to Elias in TH does nothing.

Cheers

Tickles
13-07-05, 17:08
Still no GR at Escador....?

The map shows it should have one... so please put it back!
Why'd it go?

sultana
13-07-05, 17:28
Hmm I think KK have boosted runcasting, quite abit aswell.

Not sure if that's a good thing though :wtf:

Crest
13-07-05, 17:46
I played so little and they patch so often now days, I have played once per patch .....

Quick question though ... regarding previous patch notes

Where did it mention they had reduced the run cast in the first place .......

Tratos
13-07-05, 18:00
I played so little and they patch so often now days, I have played once per patch .....

Quick question though ... regarding previous patch notes

Where did it mention they had reduced the run cast in the first place .......

The start of the fix was in patch 136/137 then changed in 138/139 and now again in 140.

According to Thanatos how run casting worked was infact actualy bugged and didnt work how they wanted it to properly, although the phrase "dont try to fix what isnt broken" will come to peoples minds, i guess this means that KK are now having a good go at sifting through the countless lines of code in Neocron to work out those nasty stability bugs and anything else they find which is broken. For that i say Good Work :)

Nice bug fix patch, i hope patches remain like this as in regular with things that have been fixed being added all the time instead of saving them for more major patches.

Keep the standard up KK :)

Spermy
13-07-05, 18:12
Err...

:confused:

I crash everytime i connect to the info server now...

Tostino
13-07-05, 18:18
I can't wait to have fun on my PPU in OP wars again!!!
I don't think a boost to run casting is a bad idea, the only thing it will help is PEs, Tanks and Spys beacuse monks could normaly cap freq anyways ;).

Xylaz
13-07-05, 18:22
actually, it will "help" monks more than anyone else...

Tostino
13-07-05, 18:26
actually, it will "help" monks more than anyone else...
How so? I see it helping APU Hybrids just a little but I don't see how it would help APU/PPU/Blessed Hybrid beacuse they can already run cast (I mean before they fucked all this up, and I know ppu wasnt a full runcast but it was close).

Xylaz
13-07-05, 18:30
How so? I see it helping APU Hybrids just a little but I don't see how it would help APU/PPU/Blessed Hybrid beacuse they can already run cast (I mean before they fucked all this up, and I know ppu wasnt a full runcast but it was close).

well you have just answered yourself. Hybrids and ppus mainly will benefit from this, apus will probably find it easier as well (well i'm not sure if its possible to have it easier than they have already).

Tostino
13-07-05, 18:38
well you have just answered yourself. Hybrids and ppus mainly will benefit from this, apus will probably find it easier as well (well i'm not sure if its possible to have it easier than they have already).
Well I don't mind Monks run casting fully if they town down the power of the spells ;). Holy Lightning needs to go back to non random damage and get a 5% damage nerf and Holy Heal needs to go from healing 500 through the whole heal down to 475 for the whole heal time (caped).
Edit: And I havn't been in game to test yet so I don't know how much it has changed.

Dribble Joy
13-07-05, 19:27
Good stuff in general.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 20:17
Looks like another great patch so far, lets see how it performs in-game. :D

Jesterthegreat
13-07-05, 20:23
still waiting for "heals now do non-locational anti damage instead of locational, meaning that having 3 destroyed body parts now makes you heal at the same rate as just 1"

looks good though... however from posts here it appears to gone from one extreme to the other with runcasting.

it was fine as it was before you changed it in the first place...

Rob01m
13-07-05, 22:17
Bug that's still existant:

Whenever I ALT+TAB out of the game, my mouse cursor becomes stuck in the upper left corner of the screen until I CTRL+ALT+DEL, then it becomes unlocked.

Using the windows key does not cause this.

EDIT: Another bug that still exists is an apartment access bug.

Runner ABC runs to his apartment, puts in "ABC" and goes up. Runner XYZ comes along not long after and puts in "XYZ", he goes to runner ABC's apartment instead of his own.

Odin
13-07-05, 22:33
Bug that's still existant:

Whenever I ALT+TAB out of the game, my mouse cursor becomes stuck in the upper left corner of the screen until I CTRL+ALT+DEL, then it becomes unlocked.

Using the windows key does not cause this.

However using the windows key should get you out of it. Just a handy temp fix.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 22:47
However using the windows key should get you out of it. Just a handy temp fix.

And to further add on to this, if you have anything else open besides Neocron, like internet explorer, the cursor won't be locked either. It only happens when you ALT+TAB and theres no other window to take control I guess.

Windows key is much easier than CTRL+ALT+DEL thanks. :D

Selendor
13-07-05, 23:17
direct x 7 mode also fixes the mouse corner effect too I think, unless this had just changed.

Nullvoid
13-07-05, 23:53
I find just left-clicking once frees the cursor from its little cage in the top left corner.

Dirus
13-07-05, 23:53
still waiting for "heals now do non-locational anti damage instead of locational, meaning that having 3 destroyed body parts now makes you heal at the same rate as just 1"

When you see that, you'll see about 30 others that go with it.

Nullvoid
14-07-05, 00:04
When you see that, you'll see about 30 others that go with it.

Ok..so are we to draw from that, that guns such as the Ravager/Healing Light are sometimes doing triple damage aswell?

Morganth
14-07-05, 00:34
Ok..so are we to draw from that, that guns such as the Ravager/Healing Light are sometimes doing triple damage aswell?

No, I think what he means is that when they change heal and it appears in the patch notes, it will be when they make modifications to PPUs.

Nullvoid
14-07-05, 01:20
No, I think what he means is that when they change heal and it appears in the patch notes, it will be when they make modifications to PPUs.

well hmm, 30 changes or so to ppu's sounds a lot like a sledgehammer so I hope you're wrong :p

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 01:21
ye like removing para :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well hmm, 30 changes or so to ppu's sounds a lot like a sledgehammer so I hope you're wrong :p
and i dont think its ppu, but u cant lower heal withough the whole balancing issue being taken into acount, think about it, u make heal work on all 3 boxes together instead of seperatly on each and then boss mobs will have to be toned down and many other balancing issues at the same time

Dirus
14-07-05, 01:39
ZoVoS is closer to the real deal. Health code changed, everything needs to be reworked to fit. It'd be a major balance rework. Focusing on everything, not just PPU's.

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 01:49
ZoVoS is closer to the real deal. Health code changed, everything needs to be reworked to fit. It'd be a major balance rework. Focusing on everything, not just PPU's.

ooo i soo wana put that in my sig, so rare ppl say im rite about anything :angel: makes me feel all warm and fuzzely, why couldt u say zovos is 101% rite not closer to the real deal :)

anyhoo great patching again, the more the merrier =] kinda thinking that the game must have been real bugged with the amount u fixed to date, that or u keep sayin "ya we found another problem" jus to make us all go oooooh aaaaaah wooooow ;) that said keep up the good work

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 08:27
is that a "its too much work to fix one of the things I / we have admitted as being one of the base issues" or a "we are working on it currently but also have to work on the consiquences"?

and once again... a test server would assist greatly here...

Dirus
14-07-05, 13:48
is that a "its too much work to fix one of the things I / we have admitted as being one of the base issues" or a "we are working on it currently but also have to work on the consiquences"?

and once again... a test server would assist greatly here...

It's more of a, Item tracking, and cause of psi module losing stats & slots taking precidence as to what gets worked on.

Brammers
14-07-05, 15:58
On a slightly related and unrealted topic, what happened to "In Development" page promised in Planfile 2 (http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=110&lang=eng&) The whats being worked on or being fixed would be very much at home there as well, IMHO.

Girian
14-07-05, 18:41
Increased the recycling requirements for the trophies, trophies of small animals require less recycling skill than large ones.

How many ppl actually got a trophy now? I mean, I've seen some in-game, but I want confirmation of other ppl it actually IS working at all. Reading this makes me think many ppl got a dozen of trophies already somehow

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:52
meh not got one yet, but hey i was always saying we need sumin UBER rare

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 19:20
It's more of a, Item tracking, and cause of psi module losing stats & slots taking precidence as to what gets worked on.

wasn't it said that the spell thing was fixed, but there would be no rollback?

item tracking is a good thing though... despite the fact that we were told its ready except support don't have the tools to use it yet...

Farril
14-07-05, 19:27
NeXT NPC Mission 6 Fix is back, but no mission appears after you speak to HR Director. Talking to Elias in TH does nothing.

Cheers

This problem should be resolved now, as i just updated the NPC.

If that problem applies to you, please open F8 and abort any running mission (click that button even if no mission is shown). After that please relog and talk to the Fix NPC.

Thanks to the Testbunnehs

Farril

Girian
14-07-05, 20:12
meh not got one yet, but hey i was always saying we need sumin UBER rare

Fully agree on that. I want it to be extremely rare. Exactly this is the reason I wanna know it IS working, since I have seen 3 trophees in 1 clan. I don't want the system to work like counting kills of a certain mob and then dropping the item, when the whole thing ain't really working yet. *thinks about some STRAAAAANGE books story*

Mighty Max
14-07-05, 20:22
I wanna know it IS working

The drop works

Girian
14-07-05, 20:25
You just made my day, thanks. And nice job KK :)

Brammers
14-07-05, 20:26
How many droms did you sex to get that? :D

Tratos
14-07-05, 20:29
I was wondering how long it would take for somone to get the drom trophie, hehe.

So was that from killing the highest level variety of Drom and crap loads of them?

Mighty Max
14-07-05, 20:32
Uhm lets just say, the droms and the surrounding Desert Wolfes payed me about 25k for this service, while one Drom got me 34cr :lol:

Did camp a place while doing some research on the web ... ask google, kill one ... ask google ...

:edit: no, no, im not the first one who found one.

Tratos
14-07-05, 20:35
So i assume it doesnt mater if your like /60 and the mob is /14 then? i was wondering this with the amount of loot a mob drops when killed by different levels.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 20:39
with all the guys killin droms now it would be a good idea to use an LE'd char to farm them...

maybe a reason for me to actually patch and play, farm droms and sell the carcass for millions!

Mighty Max
14-07-05, 20:41
So i assume it doesnt mater if your like /60 and the mob is /14 then? i was wondering this with the amount of loot a mob drops when killed by different levels.

I was with a lvl 21/xx noob there. So i can't tell for sure, but i believe with higher cr you might not find one dropping.

Tratos
14-07-05, 20:59
I was with a lvl 21/xx noob there. So i can't tell for sure, but i believe with higher cr you might not find one dropping.

Ahh, bugger.

Xylaz
14-07-05, 21:05
so it might be a beggining of a new profession for low lvl runners: trophy hunter.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 23:45
so it might be a beggining of a new profession for low lvl runners: trophy hunter.

my 29/65 PE was hunting droms for a while today... no luck though

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 23:50
dorm hunting is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad u just know a bloody warbie is gona spawn on ur head =]

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 23:52
dorm hunting is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad u just know a bloody warbie is gona spawn on ur head =]

drove my quad into 3 WBT's when i had no sd running :p

bailed out in time though :p

then i had to run in with a store bought unlabeled gatling rifle vs 3 droms, 4 small droms, a large spiderbot and a WBT... the fuckin WBT shot the droms in the back and did most of tha damage FUCKING my loot.

bastard.

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 23:54
HAHAHA mun just use the lowest tl combat vhc and a ppu... can u say GODLIKE lol

i dun think they actualy put ur combat lvl up that high, my tank only gets like 50 is it? from my 4X4hh chain craft thingamy

Tratos
15-07-05, 01:24
Something i noticed during my play tonight, my free memory has gone up from 40-50 which it has been since NC2 retail to 110-125.

w00t :D

Jesterthegreat
15-07-05, 08:13
HAHAHA mun just use the lowest tl combat vhc and a ppu... can u say GODLIKE lol

i dun think they actualy put ur combat lvl up that high, my tank only gets like 50 is it? from my 4X4hh chain craft thingamy

droms are 9/9...

you need a low rank to get loot :p

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 11:44
Haha I got a drom trophie

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 11:56
i know but im sure a 25/ pe aint that much lower that the first lvl combat vhc

CMaster
15-07-05, 12:01
Combat Chain gives CR of 14/

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 12:07
I did it with a 1/2 and a ppu :)

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 12:13
Combat Chain gives CR of 14/
thought so realy low, =] ta c

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 12:14
My drom trophie (http://www.golddisksoftware.com/drom.png)

and I moved it after that pic, its just a BITCH to do.
Then I figured out how to target it easy and got it in a new place jsut right

Nidhogg
15-07-05, 12:52
It's not the best picture in the world is it? ;)

N

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-05, 12:53
It's not the best picture in the world is it? ;)

N
Yeah I love you too

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 13:03
:P hes rite though :lol: kinda succie =] cant u get us a pic from a different angle, and maby in a ncier neiboughood, doy is such a... shithole lol

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 14:03
That'll be the way NC saves .bmps without keeping the gamma adjusted to ingame level. I honest to jeebus can't make out the trophy...

How many droms did you kill you mean old PE?

spanz
15-07-05, 14:12
Is it intended that ammunition which is kept on your belt and saved as a matrix to clone new ones after u're out of ammo being reloaded just like ammo in your inventory.

I found out this yesterday while my last clip was "eaten" by gun while i runned out of ammo in inventory , it wasnt this way b4 patch.

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 14:14
:S why wouldnt u just leave it in ur proceds window

spanz
15-07-05, 14:15
cuz i always leaving in at belt

Mighty Max
15-07-05, 14:30
Is it intended that ammunition which is kept on your belt and saved as a matrix to clone new ones after u're out of ammo being reloaded just like ammo in your inventory.

I found out this yesterday while my last clip was "eaten" by gun while i runned out of ammo in inventory , it wasnt this way b4 patch.

Yes, that is since MrJones afaik. He takes items out of your belt too (like the noob temp. SniperRifle) before they changed it a NPC did not recognize if you had the item in the belt rather then the inv (Mark Cole didnt get the Stiletto off my Belt). I guess both things are related.

I leave my boosters and ammo in my F7 too. That works for saving it.

Galileo
15-07-05, 15:51
This problem should be resolved now, as i just updated the NPC.

If that problem applies to you, please open F8 and abort any running mission (click that button even if no mission is shown). After that please relog and talk to the Fix NPC.

Thanks to the Testbunnehs

Farril

Thanks Farril - but its still not working for me. Three of the HR directors give me the mission text but no mission appears in F8 and no Elias or Fix NPC talking does anything (NPC gives Black 'letterbox' - no text but looks like the NPC Chat window).

Also, the 4th HR Director (Damien Valdez???) which is the one right next to the down GravLift in Supply Depot keeps trying to give me the first mission.

Possibly my character is screwed?

Server: Terra
Account: Galileo
Character: Copernicus (pls note spelling, I think there is another one on Terra spelled differerntly) in slot 4.

Cheers

Galileo

Farril
15-07-05, 16:02
Thanks Farril - but its still not working for me. Three of the HR directors give me the mission text but no mission appears in F8 and no Elias or Fix NPC talking does anything (NPC gives Black 'letterbox' - no text but looks like the NPC Chat window).

Hi Galileo,

for the fix none of the HRDs is needed. Please do a complete relog (shutdown NC completely) and talk to the Fix NPC directly as the first NPC you talk to. If he is showing you a black dialog, please wait about a minute and try again.

If that does not work the second time to you, please post again here and append the error.log you are getting.

(this applies to everyone getting this error so i don't PM)

Bugs Gunny
15-07-05, 16:04
Well,

KK did a good job on the memory leak, my free mem actualy goes up sometimes instead of me having to constantly restart the game when i enter my "hunting zone".

Netphreak
15-07-05, 16:41

They should have used the sledgehammer technique long ago on PPU's! :D

Galileo
15-07-05, 17:18
Hi Galileo,

for the fix none of the HRDs is needed. Please do a complete relog (shutdown NC completely) and talk to the Fix NPC directly as the first NPC you talk to. If he is showing you a black dialog, please wait about a minute and try again.

If that does not work the second time to you, please post again here and append the error.log you are getting.

(this applies to everyone getting this error so i don't PM)

Nice! Got my Reveller.

Good Job Farril - Thanks!

Note to -= FN =- if he or his friends are on: Mission 6 NeXT only requires NPC Chat now, not HR Director and Elias chat.

Cheers

Galileo

CMaster
15-07-05, 17:31
Its always been like that... In fact, for as long as I have been playing, its been impossible to have the chat with elias.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-07-05, 20:15
That'll be the way NC saves .bmps without keeping the gamma adjusted to ingame level. I honest to jeebus can't make out the trophy...

How many droms did you kill you mean old PE?
4 Droms on a 0/2

Tratos
25-07-05, 10:38
Anything that is being tracked via Item Tracking will no longer stack, as they're now seen as "Different" to the server.

There no way of sorting this? as its a bit in conveinient for cab space and such.

numb
25-07-05, 12:07
There no way of sorting this? as its a bit in conveinient for cab space and such.

Yeah it should be possible to do a compare on all the database fields but the item tracking ID when it comes to stacking.

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:28
Yeah it should be possible to do a compare on all the database fields but the item tracking ID when it comes to stacking.

Yeah, I'm guessing that everything tracked by Item Tracking has a ID saying what item it is (so the client knows what graphic to apply to it when its needed to be rendered) and an ID pointing out the fact its unique. Just make stacking work on the type ID, and tell the DB that if it wants to go by the Item Tracking number that it's just being a bytch.