PDA

View Full Version : Stability and FRE's

Brammers
13-07-05, 00:59
Ok since patch 138 and 139 I've noticed a lot more FRE's. Right now the latest one happened during hacking... thats never happened before. One thing I think has gone is the memory issues - where NC2 in DX9 mode would just eat memory like a Drom eating Bacon...

So what does everyone think? Is NC2 more stable since patch 138/139?

Tratos
13-07-05, 01:10
I voted for the first option, however it was around patches 136&137 i began to notice a raise in FREs particularly when alt-tabbing, my chances of coming back into the game when alt tabbing back in have lowered considerably. I mainly suffer from FREs when entering a crowded exterior zone although it does happen (alot less frequently) in other random zones.

Mr Kot
13-07-05, 01:13
I voted "no diff"

Then again, im on DX7

Jesterthegreat
13-07-05, 01:26
dunno.

logged on once since the patch, had about 5 duels, was discussted with the runcasting.

didnt fatal / sync / get any login bugs the one time i logged in though

LTA
13-07-05, 01:40
can't put a defo answer some days i fre every ten mins or so some i dont fre for a few hours ... so wouldnt notice from patch changes

ZoVoS
13-07-05, 02:48
i get no fre's few syncs, no patch seems to change it

all change ur isp to virgin net broadband

LTA
13-07-05, 02:49
i get no fre's few syncs, no patch seems to change it

all change ur isp to virgin net broadband

Will they give me 2mb for 25 quid a month?

ZoVoS
13-07-05, 02:53
Will they give me 2mb for 25 quid a month?
doubt it. but then i have acces to a 10mb line for downloading so i havent checked, standard bb is more than enough

40$Poser
13-07-05, 03:11
in my experience alt tabbing while anywhere in the wastelands = guarenteed fatal, where as being inside nc or tech haven I can alt tab just fine.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 03:50
Less for me.

Asatru
13-07-05, 04:21
I voted for the first option, however it was around patches 136&137 i began to notice a raise in FREs particularly when alt-tabbing, my chances of coming back into the game when alt tabbing back in have lowered considerably.

I noticed getting more fre's, 50/50 logging bugs that long go then with the last 2-3 patches the fre's increased, 50/50 bug, inventory missing, no imps , no itmes in gogo....so it seems to be getting worse with each patch atm.

Seal

sultana
13-07-05, 05:32
No difference for me, though I've always FRE'd quite abit, so I really wouldn't notice a difference. Unless it stopped =/

One thing though, it happened before the 138/139 patches, I seem to FRE at lot less just moving stuff around in my inventory, inv -> qb and qb -> inv. Which is good.

Though I still get the random FRE when just running around, anywhere.

Morganth
13-07-05, 05:37
I am getting more FRE's now, mainly when I zone. I can alt-tab anywhere in NC, and I can run two clients side by side at once (takes me down to 900/3000 on my memory, instead of the normal 1400/3000).

hegemonic
13-07-05, 07:20
I get MORE FRE's than ever, plus MORE login problems than ever (0 money, 0 SL) or Empty Inventory, or Synch login or 1st slot item missing login.

Xylaz
13-07-05, 09:07
hard to say, maybe a little more, but i crash so much it wont make any real difference. One crash every 10 mins on average i guess, or something like that.

Superbron
13-07-05, 09:48
No difference here.

UnderLoK
14-07-05, 21:52
This problem has been going on for almost 2 months now. The solution to the problem was to close the sticky about it, un-stick it, and thus make it disappear.

I'm SICK AND TIRED of having to relog 20-30 times to get in the game! What is being done about this problem? WHY are we still having to relog so much? WHY isn't this fixed yet?!

We have members that just don't even bother playing anymore (2 of which canceled their accounts) due to this BS problem. Someone needs to get on someones ass and short it out! 6-8 weeks with a problem like this is TOTALLY unacceptable and is amature to say the very least.

Below is just an example of what many of us go through on a DAILY BASIS. This all basically happened one after another, I just spanned them across 2 emails.

Yet more problems (as I mentioned yesterday this is a daily event).

1) Login: UnderLoK
Character: Freemason
2) Issue: Inventory Bug, Sync bug, Black Screen Sync, Long Sync to Fatal
3) Details: 17:12-Inven bug 17:12-long sync 17:13-long sync 17:14-long
sync 17:14-inventory bug (mining tool) 17:15-inventory bug 17:16-long
sync 17:16-long sync 17:19-Long sync no inven. Times are in EST, note
I still can't login (same as every day around this time).
4) TH
5) Fort Lauderdale USA
6) Comcast
7) 4mb/44kB
8) No other network apps
9) Average every day sync bugs and fatal
10) DX9
11) Video: ATI Radeon x800pro (CAT5.6 Drivers - Also happens(ed) on
CAT 5.4) - Sound: Santa Cruise Turtle Beach

Continued.....

17:23-inv
17:23-inv
17:24-sync
17:25-sync
17:25-sync to fatal
17:26-fatal after player selection
17:29-sync
17:30-black sync
17:31-inv
17:32-sync
17:34-cant equip items
17:35-inv
17:35-inv
17:36-sync
17:36-inv
17:38-inv
17:38-time-out, wouldn't connect to server
17:39-inv
17:41-sync
17:42-sync
17:45- Success- 30 minutes total

Did I mention this happens every day?

*edit*
Before sending this I had to change characters and guess what? I'm
having the same problem again... 18:18:inv 18:18:inv 18:20:inv*no sync
bug...

That is a small example of what many of us go through every day. We are paying you for a service.. I see your still billing me for it, yet I have to spend 20-30 minutes just to login ONCE w/o an error?

Why even bother to advertise the game, have new trail hosts added, etc.. When people can't even login to the game! You expect a new player to have the slightest CLUE as to why his screen says "SYNCRO" every single time he logs in? Or do you expect them to know why they have nothing in their quick belts? Or do you expect them to know why they have an EMPTY inventory or a partially Empty one?!

This is RIDICULOUS! :mad:

Just now, I got killed then rez-killed while trying to login... While watching them hack my BELTS I tried to GR to my apartment and of coarse I gr'd through DEAD.. Sync bug some more because the only GR in my list is my Apartment, ctrl-alt-del to kill the game because you can't exit when the GR screen is up (do this 4 or 5 times until I get a gr list), get to TH with 60%+ synaptic and BUGGED, relog, relog, relog, fatal, relog, relog, relog, relog, relog, relog, relog, fatal, relog, relog, relog, relog, relog, relog, fatal, relog, relog, fatal and locks up my pc... Reboot and now write this shit. I still have yet to be able to login to get god knows how many of my implants put in since I was killed twice (one of which was just NC's way of being nice by killing me while GR'in).....

THANKS FOR THE BANG UP JOB KK!!! To think I actually pay you for this bullshit.

*note: I'm sick of being calm and nice about this! We have waited patiently for 2 MONTHS!!!! 2 MONTHS! (*&$@_$*)(%#$@ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

vashtyphoon78
14-07-05, 22:09
and we pay 13$ a month or more to play this?

heres my resoning behind saying that

yesterday i was in app asking someone to build me something and there like ok but i need some bps so i log my resser and make him the bps, then i try to log back to my other char that needed the stuff and- newby bug- permasyncy (requires NC restart) newby bug inventory bug Fatal newby bug newby bug fatal gogo bug and fatal then FINALLY i get back to my character.

8|

/edit/ after reading above post pussy WoW that i always said sucked is looking better and better.

BloodLetting
14-07-05, 23:22
Some times I get the Sync error or just sync out in the middle of fighting...But nothing like what some of you have discribed...Mostly happens on my older computer. But I do get the Alt/TAb bug and the char select screen freeze

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 00:26
just play in dx 7 :p

Disturbed21
15-07-05, 00:36
I'm SICK AND TIRED of having to relog 20-30 times to get in the game! What is being done about this problem? WHY are we still having to relog so much? WHY isn't this fixed yet?!

Same here :confused: :mad:
Played NC since retail up until maybe 9-10 months ago and never had a problem logging in.

Came back a month or so ago and have had nothing but problems.

I've tried reinstalling NC2 multiple times, tried different ports, tried switching between DX7 & DX9, tried running it on 4 different machines with different OS's, tried waiting 10 mins, 20 mins, an hour before I try logging back in, nothing I do seems to matter.....

I understand it might not be such an easy issue to iron out since there are alot of people that don't have the same issues, but these issues do need to be addressed soon and it would be nice if we could get an update - especially since we sent all of those emails in, would be nice to hear that they are actually getting used.....Are there any similarities between the people that constantly get the errors? Same provider, CPU, OS, gfx card, sound card, region, new accounts, renewed accounts, anything?

I put up with these issues, for now at least, because I am addicted to this game and have many friends to hang out with in-game or on vent. You can be damn sure that if a new person winds up having these same issues they will cancel their account and never look back.

It would be a real shame to finally have a marketing attempt that attracts some new people to NC just to have them flee when they can't even login to the game to try it out.

Disturbed

Scanner Darkly
15-07-05, 03:11
I seem to be getting more FREs and synching and such than I used to a few patches back :(

But it's all part of the fun, rite?!

Nullvoid
15-07-05, 12:45
I feel for ya Underlok but don't think that happens to everyone pls. If I personally have to login twice or more its unusual...

numb
15-07-05, 13:31
I have definitely received more fatals lately, from doing simple things like moving items around in my inventory/gogo to using the citycom. Barely had any before.

Not really noticed any difference in syncing.

Lately I have had more hangs after selecting character to join game with. That might just be luck.

I dont know if it's the latest patches, but I've had a nightmare time trying to PvP with my friend in Neofrag (we are both LEs). He can cast spells on me but his guns wont lock on me and while it's fun for me whooping his arse all the time, I dont think he's enjoying casting boosters and heals on me in retaliation ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
16-07-05, 09:14
you both have to die once after entering neofrag for your guns to aim other players.

Nullvoid
16-07-05, 13:37
ah yes, but sadly I can never right-click after I die on my PE(have to press escape then relog), so I'm back out of NF and when I rejoin I can't target anyone again, and when I die I can't right-click and... :mad:

[TgR]KILLER
16-07-05, 13:51
i think i synced and crashed about 50 times yesterday got so annoying i wanted to quit right there.. got a month left to get fixed tho then my account runs out again and this way i don't enjoy it no more.

hunt down a bomber get in your rev > crash ofcourse login dead.

i think i crashed about 10 times entering a vehicle.. 20 times going trough a wireless rn / citycom and the other parts i just crashed dragging spells trough inv or zoning..

also fun going into a ug and just come out of sync just to get trown back into sync.. or run around suddenly notice your spells don't work no more nor does anything else.. get trown into black sync relog and find yourself on the other side of the zone you just came running from..

Jesterthegreat
16-07-05, 14:01
ah yes, but sadly I can never right-click after I die on my PE(have to press escape then relog), so I'm back out of NF and when I rejoin I can't target anyone again, and when I die I can't right-click and... :mad:

quit being a drug whore?

:Edit: in case anyone somehow didnt know this... 3+ drugs stops you spawning after death in NF and also tends to fuck up the decks (as it reg's you dead... but not leaving or some such)

THE_TICK!!!!
16-07-05, 15:35
drugs are gooood !!! "munch munch munch" ubar HC PEEEEEE

Nullvoid
16-07-05, 16:31
Aww but I like using beast/redflash/nightspider...maybe i'll have to look into dropping the beast...

Fero
17-07-05, 08:48
I crash every second hack ... :/
plus simple item movement in inventory ... fre'ed like 3 times today. :wtf:

not cool

J J
18-07-05, 01:29
Definately increased the problems I have, even a new one now - it has frozen 4/5 times at the char selection screen, can't move mouse or do anything, had to reboot pc twice because I couldn't get back to desktop. Also more fre's ingame when zoning, hacking, reading citycom... etc etc

Nullvoid
18-07-05, 02:16
to avoid the freezing on char selection you gotta use keys not mouse...annoying I know, but it does stop it happening.

jini
18-07-05, 06:40
I crash just like I used to, meaning a random crash per 3-4 hrs of play.
However I have noticed something scary. Im getting freemem dropping from 450ish to something like 25 very fast. when it reaches so low theres really nothing else left for me other than to realunch client. This is definitely last patch's intorducton.
I voted no difference since there is no mentioning for mem leak

UnderLoK
19-07-05, 03:14
HELLO?!

What is the status on this!?

Bugs Gunny
19-07-05, 09:29
Let me clarify Underlok.

He spent more than an hour last night trying to log in, each time getting this bug. He usualy has to try half an hour before he can play, and once he gets killed this happens.
It's not fun for him, nor for everyone else on ventrilo :-)

Plus there's more people who suffer from this, i've heard people talk about it in techhaven too.

Selendor
19-07-05, 10:23
I'm fataling more than before these patches. At op wars people are fataling more on zone lines and the underground.

Then again the fights are getting bigger so I wonder if that has an effect.

Sync bug on login seems less though. I run DirectX7 mode.

Nullvoid
19-07-05, 14:24
I assume Underlok has a perfectly stable system? I just find it hard to believe he has to log in 30-50times before that bug will go away when for me it is usually fixed on the 2nd attempt...on the not so common occasions I even get it...

Disturbed21
19-07-05, 17:36
I assume Underlok has a perfectly stable system? I just find it hard to believe he has to log in 30-50times before that bug will go away when for me it is usually fixed on the 2nd attempt...on the not so common occasions I even get it...
Can't speak for Underlok but I know my computers are stable and all 3 of them have the exact same issue as Underlok. Tried reinstalling, changing the ports, etc...nothing helps.

As I posted earlier in this thread I was playing 10 months ago, just b4 i quit, w/o any issues.
Came back a month or 2 ago and have a crap load of login issues. There are times when I have to relog for 30-40 mins before my inventory, quickbelt, imps and soulight/cash are all the way they should be.

The weird thing is it doesn't happen all the time. If I play early in the morning or late at night PST I rarely get the login problems, however, if I play between 1pm - 11pm PST...... :mad:

Xylaz
19-07-05, 17:44

ah one of those "i find it hard to believe'...

my sync login record was 2 hours (well actually, i gave up after 2 hours), back in the past when all of the sudden certain people started to have issues with the server. And of course, KK answer was "its ur isp" and people answer was "i find it hard to believe"...

Do u find it hard to believe that i crash usually once every 5 mins? Been like that since NC1. Do u find it hard to believe that my fps are 2times lower than in NC1? (while my PC is at least 2 times better). Do u find it hard to believe that every single time i die i have inv bug? I dont even remember times when it was different.

Do u find it hard to believe that i can play HL2 on maxed settings and still getting down to 10 fps while beeing attacked by flamer?
Do u find it hard to believe that i cannot do anything in an op fight due to the fact that every zone with 20+ people gives me 5 fps?

what can i say...

...i find it hard to believe that you people can play this game without bugs :wtf:

Nullvoid
19-07-05, 18:42
I do get bugs yes, I'm not trying to pretend the game is rock solid stable, just not ones that go on for 30+ logins or in your case 2 hours...

40$Poser
19-07-05, 19:25
nice to see an advertising campaign, but perhaps reakktor should realize no one in their right mind will stick around long enough if the stability of the game continues to be quite possibly the worst of any game coded.

[ edited ] see my signature

UnderLoK
20-07-05, 01:12

Yes my system is stable. What you find "believable" is of no relevance. There are numerous people with this problem and it needs to be addressed.

Can't speak for Underlok but I know my computers are stable and all 3 of them have the exact same issue as Underlok. Tried reinstalling, changing the ports, etc...nothing helps.

It happens on both of my pc's as well.

-FN-
20-07-05, 01:17
Here's how my NC day has gone so far:

First login of the day:
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/loginbugs-1.jpg

Shit. Relog:
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/loginbugs-2.jpg

Shit. Money & Soullight is fucked up - I'll try zoning. *runs to GR*
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/loginbugs-3.jpg

Son of a bitch. Relog then GR. Get to MC5 and kill a few guards.

When I leave I get a long synch - oh great, I'm gonna be dead.

Instead, I'm put on top of the hill in the middle of the zone, perma-stealthed. Can't use anything. Shit. Relog:
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/loginbugs-4.jpg

Half my shit is gone again. Awesome. Relog:
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/loginbugs-5.jpg

Fuck that, done for the day, if not the week. :rolleyes:

------------------------

Last night SXR had 6/7 online so we went to Simmons to rouse a fight. Once the OP owners came up from the UG, our only PPU, a Tank, and a PE all went *ding* in Ventrilo - they all FREd at the same time.

I generally have to relog half a dozen times to get any character in-game. I know all the recent patches have bugfixes in them and claim increased stability - but I'm telling you, I'm not seeing any of that.

I get this sort of 'performance' on my work PC on a T1, and on both of my home PCs with cable connections.

Rob01m
20-07-05, 09:32
That's awful FN. :( I wouldn't be playing either if I had those sorts of issues. Fortunately I haven't had a log in problem in quite a long time.

Tratos
20-07-05, 10:28
The most ive had to relog in the last month is about 4 time to get a char going with everything loaded which was just before the olyimpics normaly i can log in once and im done, the zone traffic at the olyimpics seemed to be causeing it the other day but odly enough after a fatal (thankfully only 1 of 2 that night) i logged in at once in a packed zone (>30 Players).

Personaly dont get a lot of login problems if i do i normaly only have to reloag a maximum of twice.

Selendor
20-07-05, 12:14
Oddly enough I'm getting the bad login bug all the time on my PE but not on my PPU.

Also, Simmons has a history of causing mass-fatals at op wars.

Can't remember who it was, but the person who said they always restart Neocron every 30 minutes and have no problems is probably on to something.

eprodigy
20-07-05, 18:41
Here's how my NC day has gone so far:
you're not exploting mc5 are you!! :)

-FN-
20-07-05, 19:31
you're not exploting mc5 are you!! :)
If going in with 10 FC-1000s and 2 Punishers and leaving with 3 FC-1000s because the others were blown up, sure. If my body being mostly hidden is an exploit - then I suppose I should stop putting my droner's body behind trees when going after warbots :p

eprodigy
20-07-05, 23:21
If going in with 10 FC-1000s and 2 Punishers and leaving with 3 FC-1000s because the others were blown up, sure. If my body being mostly hidden is an exploit - then I suppose I should stop putting my droner's body behind trees when going after warbots :p
so your not exploiting, or you're just bad at exploiting ? :p the only way for a droner to suceed whatsoever in there IS to exploit

[TgR]KILLER
20-07-05, 23:29
so your not exploiting, or you're just bad at exploiting ? :p the only way for a droner to suceed whatsoever in there IS to exploit

not really.. but i won't go deeper to that cause talking about exploits is a nono on t3h forum. but you can go in there without getting killed. and without exploiting.

eprodigy
21-07-05, 01:30
considering drones die in 3 hits from any guard i dont see how..

-FN-
21-07-05, 01:48
If you fly a direct-attack drone in front of a guard, yes, it'll blow instantly. If you're patient with an AoE drone and don't mind getting 50-75% damage however...

CMaster
21-07-05, 01:57
Yeah, MC5 is easier to do on a droner if you exploit - but its possible to do legally.

numb
21-07-05, 02:03
Yes my system is stable. What you find "believable" is of no relevance. There are numerous people with this problem and it needs to be addressed.

It happens on both of my pc's as well.

UnderLoK. I dont know if this will help you, but I had exactly the same problems as you for about 6 months into NC1 (god damn I was too addicted to quit, especially after promises of stability fixing problems). My PCs were all completely stable too (its really frustrating hearing that they are not!) and my problems completely baffled me for months...

Anyway, after numerous emails to support, none of which helped, I found out what the problem was. It was my router/firewall. I was using Wingate 4 on an old pc and neocron just isnt compatible with that at all (despite wingate being compatible with every game/mmorpg I'd thrown at it before).

I since changed to coyotelinux (www.coyotelinux.com), which is a linux router on a bootable floppy disk and instantly all my problems were solved (and there was no need to set up any forwarding rules on the router).

So if you're using a hardware router, see if you can get hold of a different one to try out (see if anyone here has recommendations on one that actually works). Also, to determine if this is the actual problem, you could connect your PC directly to the internet. I am guessing it should work then, if your router is at fault.

Hope that helps!

UnderLoK
21-07-05, 17:08
Thanks numb, but I had already tried messing with my router/firewall (by removing it). ;)

The number of people posting in this thread about the problem are a very small sample of the people that are actually experiencing this problem.

Bitch on OOC or Help about your problem and you will get a ton of people responding with the age old "me too".

-FN-
22-07-05, 21:01
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login1.jpg

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login2.jpg

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login3.jpg

Why... am I paying... if I can't even log in to play? It's like making payments on a car that doesn't run *sigh* I'm starting to think I should change the "Neocron PvP" portion of my sig to "Loggin into Neocron"...

LaZyBoY
22-07-05, 21:39
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login1.jpg

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login2.jpg

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/728-login3.jpg

Why... am I paying... if I can't even log in to play? It's like making payments on a car that doesn't run *sigh* I'm starting to think I should change the "Neocron PvP" portion of my sig to "Loggin into Neocron"...
Sigh, your right it takes me 15 min to log in some times

Disturbed21
22-07-05, 22:17

Hey at least you fataled on the 3rd login attempt :p I'd post screenies of my normal login's but it would be 9 screenshots of the 50/80 bug, missing inv, or missing qb/imps followed by a fatal, then start the cycle over again :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'm lucky and get in on login attempt number 11 or 12 but most of the time its 20 - 40....
I dunno if I'm just stubborn or stupid to keep trying to login day after day at this point....

Can we pleeeeeaaaassssseee get some sort of update on this issue?

Nullvoid
22-07-05, 23:54
Is there some common hardware element between all of you who get these insane login problems? Or are we just talking about NC being highly temperamental about which system it chooses to run well on...

Disturbed21
23-07-05, 00:12
Is there some common hardware element between all of you who get these insane login problems? Or are we just talking about NC being highly temperamental about which system it chooses to run well on...
Thats a good question.....in fact, I asked that in this thread awhile ago. Since all of us that have issues sent in emails, kk has the data, you would think that if there were a commonalty they would mention it :rolleyes: - still no response from them tho...

Unfortunately I suspect its more than just a hardware/software problem on the users end. I have the exact same setup, router, computer, gfx card, ram, etc that I had 11ish months ago when I quit - I never had a problem back then, for 2 years no problems.

Came back a few months ago and I'll be damned if I can actually login correctly in under 10 tries. *sigh*
Could the data for someones account be corrupt somehow?

-FN-
23-07-05, 00:42
Could the data for someones account be corrupt somehow?

I've always wondered that myself. Maybe too much overhead in the database associated with an account? I wonder if a completely new account with a new character has any login problems vs my account with 4 chars FULL of stuff...

numb
23-07-05, 03:54
I've always wondered that myself. Maybe too much overhead in the database associated with an account? I wonder if a completely new account with a new character has any login problems vs my account with 4 chars FULL of stuff...

It's interesting that this has been brought up because I didnt suffer from the large amount of crashes until I'd been playing for three weeks or so, collecting a load of crap I didnt even know I needed ;) My fatals happened practically every single sync>zone with about 10 sync errors per login.

Xylaz
23-07-05, 10:02
From my experience it seems that all those wierd bugs are net-related more than anything else. Easily corrupted netcode i assume, which can evolve into login problems when connected with some isp or just general net problems (ping/bandtwith/hell knows) which may occur along the way to your end (even the small ones which usually dont affect your system at all, may have tremendous effect on the NC server communication).

Funny thing is that router/firewall usually has nothing to do with it, i've been trying hundreds of times. Most of the problems simply dont happen at my end.

For example, few months ago i had those horrible login problems, it lasts for 2 weeks, then dissapeared without any reason (some other people had the same problems at that time). I could try log in for hours and get endless syncs as the only result, of course i usually gave up after an hour or so (200+ logins tries).
All other online game were working ok of course, as well as the whole system etc. But after few days of testing i've recognized that there actually was something going on. According to traceroutes there was some ping delay somewhere in the germany which occured in higher than usual ping in NC (90-95 as opposed to usual 70-75). After a week or so, when everything got back to normal, ping was down to its normal value as well.
At least that was the only difference i saw.

UnderLoK
25-07-05, 07:06
From my experience it seems that all those wierd bugs are net-related more than anything else. Easily corrupted netcode i assume, which can evolve into login problems when connected with some isp or just general net problems (ping/bandtwith/hell knows) which may occur along the way to your end (even the small ones which usually dont affect your system at all, may have tremendous effect on the NC server communication).

No offense, but you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. I'm not trying to be rude, but you are way off base and comments such as yours give people the stupid idea that it is a network problem for many of us. Not only is that completely laughable it is preposterous to say the very least. This problem is wide spread and not some random occurrence. Your explaination would result in a massive ammount of users with said problem as I highly doubt that the majority of people are going a different route once within Germany that you are.

Yesterday and the day before my clanmates which all experience the same problems I do weren't having login problems at all (aside from a random relog which in itself is still not acceptable). For the past 2 days none of us have had any problems, but as of today they are back.

While we were all able to login w/o incident the server(s) were extremely laggy. I heard numerous people complaining about it, yet during this period we were all able to login within 2-5 tries (again, this is still completely stupid, but it is an improvement).

No one from KK has bothered to respond to this thread (or any other one) for some time now. What the hell kind of operation are you people running? Do you really know that little about your software or is running a sniffer too high tec for you? Run a sniffer and analysis the fucking logins ffs.... You people want others to sign up when many can't even login?! What the hell is wrong with you people?

eprodigy
25-07-05, 08:01
i think xyl is right. your PC must suck. i know for a fact mine does and i get those problems!

:angel:

Bugs Gunny
25-07-05, 08:53
When the other clannies loging problems disappeared it seemed as there was another memory leak going on again.
As for last night... man... what the hell was up with the server? I ended up logging off mid fight and not being able to log on anymore.

numb
25-07-05, 10:29
The other day I was told ingame that other people dont suffer from the following problem.

I have 1GB ram (I had to upgrade because NC2 can be a bit choppy with the 512MB i used to have). When I start the game it says (in alt-f) - free memory: xxx/1300mb. I have to log off every 2 hours or so and close the game (always fatals at this point), my free memory at this point is reading xxx/600mb - and NC2 is performing as badly as it did when I had 512MB in. Once I restart the NC Client (not windows!) my total available ram according to the game is at 1300mb again.

I can see the total ram part drop almost every time I zone. I was spending sometime at the weekend trying to prove my points taking screen shots of those details at every zoneline (doing nothing else but walk through NC, then get on my quad and drive around the wastes from NC to TG Canyon (via Crest Village and around a bit, not a direct rotue). It went from 1300mb to 1000mb, that took about 30mins, I was so bored by that point I just stopped doing it (although I did notice that it couldnt have just been zoning to new zones that was the problem, occasionally the total memory increased over a zoneline, and then dropped by up to 80mb as I travelled through the zone).

This is the memory leak in full effect right?

edit: Also, why would I be experiencing memory leaks when others do not? Memory leaks are caused by not destroying objects correctly (removing a pointer without deconstructing the object it points to - from what I remember, although it's been a while with C++). But it is a problem that is inside the code and not something my hardware setup could cause right? So therefore, isnt it something everyone should experience?

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:15
This is the memory leak in full effect right?

Sounds right. I have 2Gb of RAM with 4096Mb Pagefile (I have 2x200Gb HDDs, need to waste some space!) and its only my free memory that decreases over time (takes about 2-3 hours to go from 1400/4096 to 1200/4096). Previous to all the memory leak fixes however, my total memory used to decrease in exactly the same way as you've described. It is quite possible that there are certain memory leaks that will only effect certain computers for whatever reason, hence me being unaffected and you being buggered.

Would also explain why MJS ran NC1 smoothly and without any problems :rolleyes:

CMaster
25-07-05, 16:23
I was told, and it seems to fit with me that the freemem xxxx/yyyy was not an "out of" but x = physical and y = virtual. That seems to fit with what I expeirence in NC.

Morganth
25-07-05, 16:35
I was told, and it seems to fit with me that the freemem xxxx/yyyy was not an "out of" but x = physical and y = virtual. That seems to fit with what I expeirence in NC.

That would make sense, seeing as if you add my pagefile and my RAM together, I should get xxxx/6120. If this is true, NC should start tapping my pagefile to store content thats currently not in use, and just hotswap it when its needed with whatever crap NC is storing that is about to be redundant!

UnderLoK
30-07-05, 16:49
My clannies and I have both noticed that over the past 2 days login/sync bugs have all but disappeared (aside from the random one). The only correlation that i can see is that the server seem to be a little more laggy as of late.

Are we alone on this?

krynstone
30-07-05, 17:04
Morganth is definitely right with his statement about memory leaks only affecting certin people. It unfortunately can be highly dependant on what system you are running from. The hardware matters as does the version of windows and probably even your patch level for windows. I know I've run into some *fun* problems at my work where different OS's just initialize stuff differently and the same code will crash on one and not the other. Obviously the level of differentness should be different with the windows familly, there are still differences. Same with Hardware and device drivers etc. I am definitely not giving NC2 a scape goat but there are just a hell of a lot of differences between systems. Any new coders will probably disagree because they haven't programmed across enough systems....but I warn you:)...comming from somone who has coded a lot, EVERYTHING in the system can matter:)