PDA

View Full Version : TG canyon entrance among others

awkward silence
12-07-05, 15:57
I preferred the old entrance. It was fast, convenient and magnificent.

The new one would be nice but its very impractical and i usually decide to gr to grant instead.

Please open the tg entrance. Make tg the vibrant place it was before. I believe there would be alot more pvp if the gates were open. At the moment its just an empty place that no one uses. Except me who hopes to get back that kind of canyon that i lived in for a couple of years before nc2. Please, im very passionate about this and i hope my opinion matters. Otherwise i have to congraturate greatly because the canyons from the inside look nice, very nice :)

Also i want a few official answers if possible about the following:

1. Why was oz 7 closed and will it be closed for eternity or....progress, plans, anything? (cant remember the reason other that it was unstable)

2.Same as above for dark metal

3. Progress on the wargames?

4. Progress on the zoo? (im anti but city f***ers deserve new stuff too :p )

5. What is the undertaking before ppus can be rethought. (since lupus said they cannot be worked on before something. What is it?

6. Hacket is useless, boring and the only thing i would need HN is the utterly annoying OP "layer" and as for the bp thing i was advised to make a noob and dl a 100 bps of all items in all the databases. I did. Please fix this!! Make ot so that the HN mobs will attack you if you try to dl the FDI if youre under 90 symp and delete the existing bps. That would stop everyone who just makes a noob in a faction for FD items.

7. Gliders. They are not only bugged but useless for PVM and PVP. Its cool to fly but thats it. Good work on the bomber tho... that kicks ass :)

AND, I humbly beg you open the old tg entrance.

thx,

Awk

ps. please discuss if you agree or disagree.

pps. GREAT WORK ON THE GOOGLE AND NO ELVES CAMPAIGN !!! I have felt the noobs increase, lotsa noobs will hopefully come.

vpreztap
12-07-05, 16:52
I agree completely. Nolaff would love to spend his life defending the canyon again and i know the soup would love to help me

Scanner Darkly
12-07-05, 18:12
I think there should be two entrances to the canyon - the tunnel could be dug further and enter around the back with little or no guards present (this would allow for city invasions)

The main entrance (same as nc1's) should have plenty of guards around it as before...

It still seems that the Canyon will at some point be hackable like an OP, and when/if this happens, I think it will provide some of the most spectacular fights in the world of nc.

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:57
I believe there would be alot more pvp if the gates were open. doubtful. people want a safezone to hide on. hense the hoardes at MB or DRE HQ a while ago

1. Why was oz 7 closed and will it be closed for eternity or....progress, plans, anything? (cant remember the reason other that it was unstable) clipping / map issues... why it hasnt been fixed i dont know.

2.Same as above for dark metal dunno. never been there.

3. Progress on the wargames?would be nice to hear something positive here.

4. Progress on the zoo? (im anti but city f***ers deserve new stuff too :p ) same as above... though less vital

5. What is the undertaking before ppus can be rethought. (since lupus said they cannot be worked on before something. What is it? heals. they currently work as locational, healing each hitbox seperatly. they need to be changed to non-locational.

6. Hacket is useless, boring and the only thing i would need HN is the utterly annoying OP "layer" and as for the bp thing i was advised to make a noob and dl a 100 bps of all items in all the databases. I did. Please fix this!! Make ot so that the HN mobs will attack you if you try to dl the FDI if youre under 90 symp and delete the existing bps. That would stop everyone who just makes a noob in a faction for FD items. HN destroys the game...

7. Gliders. They are not only bugged but useless for PVM and PVP. Its cool to fly but thats it. Good work on the bomber tho... that kicks ass :) indeed... many issues. i fear it may be limitations on the game engine... but it may just be that they havent fixed em yet :p

pps. GREAT WORK ON THE GOOGLE AND NO ELVES CAMPAIGN !!! I have felt the noobs increase, lotsa noobs will hopefully come.

have you worked out what the google campaign is yet?

Tratos
12-07-05, 20:06

I know i havnt :D

The TG canyon enterance should be opened gradually with a couple TG NPCs taking out the fire mobs for a short while.

Followed up by a couple more gaurds and less mob spawns.

Then some of the wooden shutters being taken down and some other NPCs typing on machines etc looking as though there fixing something.

Then all of the windows open but stuff blocking the zone line.

Discreet TG/Dome Alliance signs appear, piles of crap outside the enterance as the proper enterance is cleared

Finally a whopping great TG or DoY sign above the door reading CANYON FACILITY, some gaurds of the DAC with a couple TG Gattlin turrets outside (yes give FA a proper gaurd unit or even the spiders back and give the other factions turrets while your at it) and remove the gaurds in the tunnels and move the location of it coming up to one of the small caves in TG Canyon (Put those back) with some story of Pro City finding this tunnel abandoned and collapsed and digging it further as an access to the Canyon so they dont get shot by the gaurds at the secure enterance but can use the canyon sneakily.

/Brain Fart.

Mr Kot
12-07-05, 20:16
You only need to wend your way through the tunnels once now.....

There is a GR you know :)

There is also a nicely convenient way (two in fact) for pro-city to get there and steal DoY supplies :p

Yup, with only 10 second stealth, my PE can easily access the various vendors for pistols, inq armour and anti gamma bones :)

I may camp the place later on and see if i can pick off any lone DoY stragglers :p

Mechanicus
12-07-05, 22:29
my ppu and tank have primary apps in doy for pk runs

awkward silence
12-07-05, 22:37
You only need to wend your way through the tunnels once now.....

There is a GR you know :)

:p

I know there is a gr. My point was that the entrance is far too annoying and inconvenient. Thats why i gr out to grant if i want to hunt outside tg.

The tunnels are not to be removed imho but the could still be a nice and convenient main entrance.

And could KK answer the questions i asked. Its about time we get an update on the oz sec 7 and dark metal (inside regant).

thx,

awk

awkward silence
12-07-05, 22:42

Well i dunno the specifics of the google thing but ive been seeing lotsa REAL noobs lately and thats what made me say great work.

If we get an average pop of 500 and no stability loss with it its one very important thing we need.

msdong
13-07-05, 00:38
TG is now a base for Mil Operations. its just better to defend a hole in the ground them a wide open door.

this is one of the RP stuff ppl always talk about.

btw, TG will never get the same state as TH because its bound to a side and why have another meeting place when we still dont have one in DoY

yes i lovethe canyon. its the best HQ in NC and if there where 1000+ ppl online i would move there. but until then ....

Mr Kot
13-07-05, 00:55
And could KK answer the questions i asked. Its about time we get an update on the oz sec 7 and dark metal (inside regant).
Last time KK commented on dark metal was in one of Niddy's official posts. I cba to dig it up now, but i distinctly remember him saying there were "no plans to open dark metal"

I'd like to know the future of OZ7 myself though.

Tratos
13-07-05, 01:12
TG is now a base for Mil Operations. its just better to defend a hole in the ground them a wide open door.

I have to admit in its current state it is very cool and RPish, ive enjoyed a couple beers at Yagers inn myslef while watching the FA turret snipe vultures which is rather entertaining.

awkward silence
13-07-05, 11:24

btw, TG will never get the same state as TH because its bound to a side and why have another meeting place when we still dont have one in DoY

yes i lovethe canyon. its the best HQ in NC and if there where 1000+ ppl online i would move there. but until then ....

The RP excuse is a crock...
Wastelands are supposed to be this remote and dangerous place. Still it takes me longer to run thought every sector in doy and to go run from northstar to simmons. And not to mention there is a gr in almost every sector and that a noob of 1/2 can run up and down the map. <---RP?

The entrance is inconveient thats all. I want the main entrance back because it was convenient and majestic in and now its blocked by wood. I mean my PE uses a Plasma gun and he cant get past wood... <---RP?

And yes i understand we dont have a meeting place in doy but thats because no safezones and the low pops and i highly doubt the doy center will suffer because the canyon main entrance would be opened.

I hope i made a point.

CMaster
13-07-05, 13:15
Last time KK commented on dark metal was in one of Niddy's official posts. I cba to dig it up now, but i distinctly remember him saying there were "no plans to open dark metal"

I'd like to know the future of OZ7 myself though.
OZ7 would be interesting. Also, I gather that while there are no plans to open Dark Metal, there are some to open Reagant's as somewhere new (which based on what I've heard about Dark Metal, sound sbetter anyway.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 21:50
OZ7 would be interesting. Also, I gather that while there are no plans to open Dark Metal, there are some to open Reagant's as somewhere new (which based on what I've heard about Dark Metal, sound sbetter anyway.

I wonder about this. People have been warped to Dark Metal before, some have come across it due to a bug (like me) and had to die to get out.

If/when the game becomes real stable, or the content people are free, I'm sure they'll do something with it. They probably won't leave something that big half finished forever, I mean its on the map, can't just sweep it away.

I think they should make it another high level area, instead of having a bunch of launcher cyclops like before. Introduce some new mobs for it.