PDA

View Full Version : Will You leave Terra??

Riddle
12-07-05, 13:52
Ok simple question.

With a proposed possible char transfer, will you move to the PvP server and leave Terra behind?

nobby
12-07-05, 13:53
yeah :p

Sakletare
12-07-05, 14:03
No.

And i hope that the character transfer is from Pandore only.

Xylaz
12-07-05, 14:14
yes, if the transfer is available

and

yes, if i have to lvl from scratch (pandore here i come :p )

Dargeshaad
12-07-05, 14:26
Didn't we have the exact same thread back when mercury was proposed as the pvp server.....seems a bit redundant

Riddle
12-07-05, 14:30
Didn't we have the exact same thread back when mercury was proposed as the pvp server.....seems a bit redundant

Now that all has been confirmed for Mid August startup I wanted to gauge the community.

Why?

Just wondered if Terra will become redundant after the implementation of the PvP server.

Dargeshaad
12-07-05, 14:42
Now that all has been confirmed for Mid August startup I wanted to guage the community.

Why?

Just wondered if Terra will become redundant after the implementation of the PvP server.
Uhmmm not to sound pessimistic, but when did kk last keep a promise?

Spermy
12-07-05, 14:42
I'm revved about the PvP server.

I would'nt wanna transfer over there though, and I'd still keep my chars on terra to come back to.

krynstone
12-07-05, 14:43
Forgive me for asking but I haven't played NC in about 4-5 months and I don't know whats going on with Terra. Anyone want to explain? I did a quick look through the forum for like 3 minutes but haven't seen anything. I'm abotu to sign up again with NC and don't have a clue whats going on with Terra.

Spermy
Nothing.

Pandore is getting changed to a Special ruleset for PvP.

Mechanicus
ill move 2 PEs to the pvp server (one for farming rares and one for pvping) and keep my alts on terra for opp waring

sultana
12-07-05, 14:54
Nope, don't really feel playing on a PvP server. It's hard enough to get pokes/find tradeskillers as it is.

As people mentioned earlier, it will be more a "pking" server then a "PvP" one.

Selendor
12-07-05, 14:55
I won't be leaving, levelling four characters up is enough for me, not doing it again...besides, KK will have to balance it very finely to prevent it being a disaster, so I won't be expecting too much from it.

Riddle
12-07-05, 14:55
Forgive me for asking but I haven't played NC in about 4-5 months and I don't know whats going on with Terra. Anyone want to explain? I did a quick look through the forum for like 3 minutes but haven't seen anything. I'm abotu to sign up again with NC and don't have a clue whats going on with Terra.

Under the Pandora sticky thread it has been said that chars may be able to move from there to other servers.

If its possible to move from Terra to Pandora would people transfer and leave Terra behind?

Terra is Fine i just wanted to know how many people roughly would move to play on Pandora. I suppose that would include new chars started there because then they won't play that much on Terra.

Terra is around 20% ish which seems a little empty at times, I wonder what % will be there once the PvP server is up :angel:

fschepper
12-07-05, 15:00
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1840653&postcount=11

Quick Translation:
There will be no possibility to move characters TO Pandore..

Edit:
Oh well.. I should read the whole thread next time ^^

Nullvoid
12-07-05, 15:33
No because I think with the current state of the game, a removal of all safe zones will just result in a gank server, no meaningful pvp of any kind. Not my idea of fun.

ch0ppy
12-07-05, 15:43
LoL i can see some of the "great" :rolleyes: Terra community jumping the
Pandora bandwagon and doing what we do best Gank Gank Gank etc. I loved Saturn :)
There will be even less Tradeskillers than on Terra at the moment and even more whining about it o_O .
Then they will all complain that there is no one to tradeskill for them or even kill, so as a result they will stop playing imo.
They will all be back.
The French got f**k*d over and i think the server will be just as barron after the the initial euphoria.
I could be wrong, i hope i am, i would like nothing better than servers full to the brim with people.

BloodLetting
12-07-05, 16:40
There are alot of people in my clan that are really good freinds of mine that purely tradeskillz. I do not think they will enjoy the new server; so I will stay with them. I play for the spirit of the game but also for my freindships.
Perhaps if there was one safe zone just one area where tradeskillers could do there thing.

I suppose an alt could be made there after the upcomming balance issues are worked out. It would be stupid IMO to move my chars and then regret it with no way to get back to terra!

bounty
12-07-05, 16:49
IMO, KK has enough trouble getting the other servers full. Opening up another one, for a select few "hardcore" gamers doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. It's just gonna once again split a community up.

TBH, I think the pvp server idea is horrible. Like someone said it will be rampant pking and impossible to get stuff built or pokes.

Don't get me wrong, I think if all the other servers were at constant 90-100% then sure, open up another server with different rule sets. Might be fun, but Now we will just have another server with 10% average population.

Scanner Darkly
12-07-05, 18:08
no but I might roll on Pandore

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:07
And i hope that the character transfer is from Pandore only.

agreed. though unless changes like lower rare drop rate come into the new server it will be pointless as people will be capped in a week or 2.

Tratos
12-07-05, 19:14
According to the German Forums, Transfer will only be FROM Pandore.

LTA
12-07-05, 19:14
Wee already have a capped Exe/Slasher spy waiting then or a capped DS ppu or even a Capped TSU Rifle pe.... which to choose which to choose lol

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:15
Wee already have a capped Exe/Slasher spy waiting then or a capped DS ppu or even a Capped TSU Rifle pe.... which to choose which to choose lol

assuming they dont wipe the server... which is a real possibility (last time i checked)

LTA
12-07-05, 19:17
assuming they dont wipe the server... which is a real possibility (last time i checked)

Nah check the sticky, says pandore chars will stay on the server if they dont want to transfer and they can just play with the new ruleset or at least it did when i read it anyway :p

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:17
Nah check the sticky, says pandore chars will stay on the server if they dont want to transfer and they can just play with the new ruleset or at least it did when i read it anyway :p

just read it :p

i always read stickies last after coming home from work :p

:edit: that decision is begging for the pkers to move over there now and destroy the last days / weeks / months that the french will use the server...

LTA
12-07-05, 19:20
just read it :p

i always read stickies last after coming home from work :p

:edit: that decision is begging for the pkers to move over there now and destroy the last days / weeks / months that the french will use the server...

Dont think the french will care they probs gonna be goin rampant emselves or quit already, like wise i might just reactivate my spy purely to pk any nib i see and get the pvp server started already.... pity opti is long gone... that would be a fully capped ds ppu + exe/slasher spy pk team... :(

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:24
like wise i might just reactivate my spy purely to pk any nib i see

you know... when the germans did that they got a sticky saying they are naughty.

LTA
12-07-05, 19:25
you know... when the germans did that they got a sticky saying they are naughty.

Well when my nib got ganked on terra i didnt see no sticky :p

If you dont like being ganked get that LE back in as all n00bs who got pk'd were told :p

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:26
Well when my nib got ganked on terra i didnt see no sticky :p

If you dont like being ganked get that LE back in as all n00bs who got pk'd were told :p

meh... my nibs always use LE's.

LTA
12-07-05, 19:29
meh... my nibs always use LE's.

Well if u ever see my char.... say hello n i will give ya hand with stuff if u need it prolly have stuff stashed away aswell :p

I think the French should spend there remaining time taking revenge on the English/German low levs who join for all the shit they gave Venus when it first started.... see what its like when the ball is in the other court so to speak.

Spermy
12-07-05, 19:42
What I hope is that - the situation as it stands on terra at the moment - IE superclans etc, won't migrate to the new pvp server.

Because that would suck balls.

LTA
12-07-05, 19:43
What I hope is that - the situation as it stands on terra at the moment - IE superclans etc, won't migrate to the new pvp server.

well i know quite a few who already have capped out equipped chars on pandore, i know for def alotta pimp players where there and some others in big clans....

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:43
Well if u ever see my char.... say hello n i will give ya hand with stuff if u need it prolly have stuff stashed away aswell :p

I think the French should spend there remaining time taking revenge on the English/German low levs who join for all the shit they gave Venus when it first started.... see what its like when the ball is in the other court so to speak.

well... its my first ever char with my first ever name.

beware NC Junkie :p

LTA
12-07-05, 19:45
well... its my first ever char with my first ever name.

beware NC Junkie :p

well if i see u i will stop n say hi or even high as u might be lol, if i play my ppu i will give ya hand if u like if i am on my spy well i will pass u by and offer some barter services while chasing everyone else with my executioner lool :p

Riddle
12-07-05, 21:20

Don't think clans would Mass migrate, maybe in name with a few people but not whole clans......Well i hope not!

COLD
12-07-05, 21:45
Nope, I'm quite happy where I'm at (All bugs aside)

zii
12-07-05, 22:22
I played Terra and Pandore since they were Uranus and Venus, so technically I shall stay put on both.

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 22:22
I played Terra and Pandore since they were Uranus and Venus.

terra wasnt uranus.

zii
12-07-05, 22:23
no it wasn't; you know what I mean.

Spermy
13-07-05, 00:38
no it wasn't; you know what I mean.

You mean you played since NC 1? ;)

Skusty
13-07-05, 10:46
Nevah! Evah!

Riddle
13-07-05, 13:26
You mean you played since NC 1? ;)

We all know Terra=Saturn , Servers and all :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 13:34
We all know Terra=Saturn , Servers and all :lol:
Impossible, the saturn hamster died, I rember Nid saying some words and then went off and spawned 100 Y reps in plaza 1 then ran about in a stripper model..

Or maybe I should stop drinking

Riddle
13-07-05, 13:41
Or maybe I should stop drinking

Nevah! Evah! ;)

LiL T
13-07-05, 14:36
I made my PE on that server and will continue to play once its up and running but I think I'm going to not have any friendlys this time. Roleplay a -32 sl cold blooded killer me thinks..

Riddle
13-07-05, 14:40
I made my PE on that server and will continue to play once its up and running but I think I'm going to not have any friendlys this time. Roleplay a -32 sl cold blooded killer me thinks..

So Gank all? no Mercy? lol that server is going to be a mess because your probably not the only one! :D

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 14:42
So Gank all? no Mercy? lol that server is going to be a mess because your probably not the only one! :D
Ill prolly show and do that too.
But Im planing on doing that with my RC PE on terra anyway

LiL T
13-07-05, 15:13
No remorse no pity

I'd really like to see a gang of melee tanks with shockers and rare baseball bats doing professional hits on people ^^

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 15:15
No remorse no pity

I'd really like to see a gang of melee tanks with shockers and rare baseball bats doing professional hits on people ^^
and call em the peacemakers

Riddle
13-07-05, 16:20
Rolls Melee Tank...... :D

Superbron
14-07-05, 08:12
No, I'd like to see Terra move towards RP-server. Maybe I will roll a char on Pandore, but I doubt if I'll play it a lot.

Riddle
14-07-05, 10:36
Ok this poll has been up a couple of days so here's my thoughts. :angel:

Using the assumption this poll is representative of the community at large I see it like this.
The current average Pop of Terra is 20%, assumed to be representing 200 players.

Those who will move to PvP Server = 9 Players equates to 12%. so 24 players from Terra making the Pandora count a amazing 2-3% increase on those who stay.

Those Staying on Terra = 52 players equates to 68% of vote. So 137 players staying remaining Terra Count 14%.

Those undecided = 15 Players equates to 20%. So 39 Players from Terra either staying or going adding a further 4% to either server.

Make of it what you wish :D But looks like Pandora won't improve greatly but at least looks like Terra won't take such a bad hit.

sultana
14-07-05, 11:02
No, I'd like to see Terra move towards RP-server. Maybe I will roll a char on Pandore, but I doubt if I'll play it a lot.
I would actually like that aswell.

Though nothing that drastically changes the server, I would however like to see some more Neocron and DoY Zones becoming safezones. For example, may some of the viarosso sectors, or plaza 1 or 4 becoming safezones. And in DoY's case The City Central etc. (not that well brushed up on in DoY zones). It might encourage more people to move away from tech haven as being the main place to tradeskill.

And of course, more RP events (or even events in general) :)

jini
14-07-05, 11:09
Ok this poll has been up a couple of days so here's my thoughts. :angel:

Using the assumption this poll is representative of the community at large I see it like this.
The current average Pop of Terra is 20%, assumed to be representing 200 players.

Those who will move to PvP Server = 9 Players equates to 12%. so 24 players from Terra making the Pandora count a amazing 2-3% increase on those who stay.

Those Staying on Terra = 52 players equates to 68% of vote. So 137 players staying remaining Terra Count 14%.

Those undecided = 15 Players equates to 20%. So 39 Players from Terra either staying or going adding a further 4% to either server.

Make of it what you wish :D But looks like Pandora won't improve greatly but at least looks like Terra won't take such a bad hit.
this is the average as far as CURRENT players play, EVERY particular moment. But day has 24 hrs and you dont know how MUCH time a player plays per daily basis. Issue a poll to learn this duration and you will see that assumed 200 players is completely wrong;)
for example if 90% players in that poll indicate they play NC an hr/per day, then you have 200x24= 4800 players base

Rob01m
14-07-05, 11:14
this is the average as far as CURRENT players play, EVERY particular moment. But day has 24 hrs and you dont know how MUCH time a player plays per daily basis. Issue a poll to learn this duration and you will see that assumed 200 players is completely wrong;)
for example if 90% players in that poll indicate they play NC an hr/per day, then you have 200x24= 4800 players base

Not to mention those that don't play often but are still subscribed that may join Pandore etc. Or not to mention some of those may have more than one account and thus more than one character online at once.

imper1um
14-07-05, 15:20
I won't be moving there, I'll just be annoying everyone there. :) I'll be moving my Droner over there.

Castoff
14-07-05, 16:46
I won't be moving there even with a trade skiller.
A thought has crept into my mind about this. What if Reakktor were to give all people who go there capped characters.
The stats would be the same for everyone. No implants , no armor , No need for trade skillers.
You have a shop on each side of the boarder that sells weapons & spells.
Everyone would have the same chance of winning.
If you are killed then you drop your weapon for the person who killed you.
If your smart you will have back up weapons etc in your go-guardian.
There would be no LE chips or PPU's since the whole point of the server is to PvP.
To me this would solve a lot of things. Especially all those egos :D
There would be no Lom pills either. No drugs. Everyone would be on equal ground.

BloodLetting
14-07-05, 16:59
I won't be moving there even with a trade skiller.
A thought has crept into my mind about this. What if Reakktor were to give all people who go there capped characters.
The stats would be the same for everyone. No implants , no armor , No need for trade skillers.
You have a shop on each side of the boarder that sells weapons & spells.
Everyone would have the same chance of winning.
If you are killed then you drop your weapon for the person who killed you.
If your smart you will have back up weapons etc in your go-guardian.
There would be no LE chips or PPU's since the whole point of the server is to PvP.
To me this would solve a lot of things. Especially all those egos :D
There would be no Lom pills either. No drugs. Everyone would be on equal ground.

Yea I dont understand where peeps will Tradeskill... Sounds like Counter Strike not NC.. But as I stated Ill go where you guys do. Its about the freindships to me. Then killing TG :lol:

Riddle
14-07-05, 17:03

The other 10 %??

As stated it was a BIG asumption and a simplified version ;) But gives an indication.
The duration of play is unimportant, think you got the wrong idea about what i'm saying.

I used numbers to be an indication of server % loss not player loss. As it's all derived from a % anyways you can extend it to any number of Players.
So you claim 4800 players of which 12% will move to PvP so we lose 576 players the number is unimportant as its a % of a %. How ever many players are subscribed still currently translates to around 20% ish at peak times, we still lose 2-3%.

Yes we can have people on holiday ,people with multiple accounts, people who don't play yet pay, people who log onto more than one server etc.. etc..

I.E. From the Poll which I said
Using the assumption this poll is representative of the community Indicates 12% of the poll will move, i.e. 12% of the server Pop at Anytime which is around 20% regardless of lower pop times of 6-7% being taken into account. so we lose 2-3% peak and less than 1% at lower pop times.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 19:13
*sigh* sooner or later people will see that polls are not an accurate representation of the community as a whole.

the the percentage of people who voted, out of the percentage that viewed the thread, out of the percentage than speak / read english, out of the percentage that use the forums.

if it's gonna happen then lets just wait and see?

Dargeshaad
14-07-05, 19:29
Doesn't there need to be an option saying "I expect to play both servers"

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 20:20
Doesn't there need to be an option saying "I expect to play both servers"

if you will play both then you won't leave terra...

which of course makes the results of the poll even more misleading :p

Skusty
14-07-05, 21:55
Nevah! Evah! ;)
That sentence is patent pending atm i can sue you soon :p Gimme ur money now or later plz :lol:

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 00:37
undecided, i will quite terra an play pandora on the condition rares are rarer, servers wiped and it stays low slot server, 2 ppl max, ppus are nerfed properly and so on, oh NO PLAYER LOCAL LIST

Dr Strange
15-07-05, 09:23
voted undecided

ive got one 7/8 character on terra and one 0/2 on pandore

so either way im rolling newbs, my decision will follow whichever. if more stay on terra, ill stay there. if more move over to pandore ill move there

kinda bored really, both servers seem like ghost towns, its like a rare occasion to see another human player

numb
15-07-05, 10:07
I'm undecided. It's likely, but I doubt I'll stay there that long if the server keeps LE chips, I might aswell stay on terra then with my higher level chars.

Rob01m
15-07-05, 10:26
if you will play both then you won't leave terra...

which of course makes the results of the poll even more misleading :p

That's right. I intend to play on both, that's why I voted "No". Quite misleading.