PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Pandore

Pages : [1] 2

Holger Nathrath
12-07-05, 13:20
We know that the decision to turn Pandore into the PvP server hit the French-speaking players, that are active on Pandore, pretty hard. We are trying to soften the blow as much as possible. Unfortunately, a complete merger with another server is not possible due to the technical circumstances. There are too many database tables that would cause conflicts when merged. We simply can't risk it. Here's what we're going to offer:

1. The server will not be wiped. That means that anyone who wishes to keep playing there (under the new rules), can do so with his stats and items.
2. We will offer a character transfer similar to the NC1 to NC2 transfer. While I am unable to guarantee any details yet, it is very likely that characters can be transferred with all stats, money and a part of the items. We are currently evaluating the possibilities to cover as many items as possible in this transfer. For now, it is certain that the quickbelt as well as the complete inventory can be transferred.

As we will need some time to implement these procedures, the debut of the PvP server will be in mid August. We will announce all the details in due time.

We still hope for understanding from the Pandore community.

Neally
12-07-05, 13:26
Well, so far we got 1 month to move our items, that's fair, but i was really wondering if our whole inventory can be transfered ? with epics ? what about appartments ?

Thanks for the infos ;)

Selendor
12-07-05, 13:29
Say hello to powerlevellers on Pandore from today then, since it isn't getting wiped. Check out the online % for Pandore later...I bet it goes up.

In fact, for those that choose to stay, your existing assets will be very appealing to new rolling players, and you will be in a powerful position for trade and the like.

Hard to find a solution that pleases everyone though is it, I supppose this is the best way, hope the transfer options work out for you French guys.

Neally
12-07-05, 13:34
Say hello to powerlevellers on Pandore from today then, since it isn't getting wiped. Check out the online % for Pandore later...I bet it goes up.

In fact, for those that choose to stay, your existing assets will be very appealing to new rolling players, and you will be in a powerful position for trade and the like.

Hard to find a solution that pleases everyone though is it, I supppose this is the best way, hope the transfer options work out for you French guys.

There are probably players who are gonna drop their stuff in Plaza/TH/DoY i think, and yeah, it's sad to know Terra players will just create chars to get stuff off them ^_-

I'm transfering about....9 chars from Pandore to Terra, with over 35 epics and stuffs, so, that's a very good thing if the inventory can be transfered.

Dargeshaad
12-07-05, 13:36
Is it going to stay 2 slot or what is the plan?

Njall
12-07-05, 13:38
We know that the decision to turn Pandore into the PvP server hit the French-speaking players, that are active on Pandore, pretty hard.
You didn't hit the French-speaking players, you hit the RP-loving players.

Dr Strange
12-07-05, 13:41
mid August?!?!...

Ok I gotta vent on this one, when the whole planfile #2 thing started, I had just begun another three month pay period. Now by the time the server is actually implemented, I'll have less than a couple weeks before having to begin another payment period...

Come on....

The only way that will swing is if we can start characters on Pandore now and keep them when the server is changed to the PvP ruleset. Sure it will suck complete ass having to just not play in the PvP ruleset for a month+ but at least we'd have a guaranteed high level character.

Selendor
12-07-05, 13:56
Thats what he's just said Dr.Strange, you can start levelling now in safe rules.

And to those French players thinking of chucking all your stuff because you are leaving... consider the more profitable alternatives...

Njall
12-07-05, 14:02
And to those French players thinking of chucking all your stuff because you are leaving... consider the more profitable alternatives
Don't worry, we will delete all with our accounts :evil: :p

nobby
12-07-05, 14:06
For now, it is certain that the quickbelt as well as the complete inventory can be transferred..

So why the fuck couldn't you do a complete inventory transfer for NC1-NC2.

Would have kept you a lot of paying customers!

Gimpages! :mad:

Xylaz
12-07-05, 14:09
Logically thinking, transfer should be possible both sides, right?

In other words: do players from other servers will get the same chance of transfering their chars TO PVP server or they will have to start anew?

Its kinda urgent question because IF the transfer to pandore is not possible we should start our lvling now. If its possible we can wait and just transfer our chars there.

What's the answer?

Sakletare
12-07-05, 14:09
Of course they could. They just wanted to reset the economy.

nobby
12-07-05, 14:11
Well it was Pricky move IMHO.

I remember Kid saying he was gonan go to Hannover and take Nidhogg hostage until them give him his items back :p

Riddle
12-07-05, 14:24

In other words: do players from other servers will get the same chance of transfering their chars TO PVP server or they will have to start anew?

Its kinda urgent question because IF the transfer to pandore is not possible we should start our lvling now. If its possible we can wait and just transfer our chars there.

What's the answer?

Valid question. Don't see why not?

By allowing players to move maybe all those allied Pk'ers will leave Terra!! and not log in every now and then to piss people off.

[TgR]KILLER
12-07-05, 14:29

like said they could but the economy needed a reset to many bugs and exploits to get loads of stuff that needed to get whiped.

yea i gues they can't arrange for everything to be transferd for all i know ad had another ruleset on "their" server.

Spermy
12-07-05, 14:29
Well it was Pricky move IMHO.

I remember Kid saying he was gonan go to Hannover and take Nidhogg hostage until them give him his items back :p

I didn't know nid resided in hannover....

Resetting the economy was a great move IMO. I was sick of the stupid prices i was paying for equipment.

Neally
12-07-05, 14:50
Just wanted to say that the PvP Server Rules aren't so good...This looks like more a "PK Server" than a PvP One. A Good PvP server would mean less xp/stuffs to get and more fightning. Like the test server :confused: No one from Pandore will stay in that server, we are like alone, and there are big power who will just come and PK everyone, so, from RP to stupid PK, i bet french players choose to leave.

Comie
12-07-05, 14:55
is Pandore 1 slot or 4?

but i know its been said before but why not have

4 slot ger
4 slot English
1 slot international
then the PvP server

offer transfers all over the shop for a month then let things roll...

i'd play on the 1 slot international, even with non english french/german speakers, for me it adds more flavor trying to barter in pigeon cron... plus the 1 slot Int could be the RP server (like pandore with AB etc), i for one would love to go there, (that and they'd have to bring back kami chips (for those tradeskiller hybrids) and spirit mods (just cos theyre the sex)

yea ok i miss my pluto

Njall
12-07-05, 14:56
is Pandore 1 slot or 4?

2 slots.

Comie
12-07-05, 14:59
2 slots.

HOLY SHIT for real?

fuck that let the PKers take terra, make pandore the international servers, i can live with 2 slot, then i know who my enemies are, none of this 4 slot look at me i'll log alt no 143432304.5

Mr_Snow
12-07-05, 15:28
Pandore is prolly a better choice for pvp then mercury, but its sad to see the only RP server become the PVP server

zii
12-07-05, 15:32
I very pleased and relieved that we can keep our existing charactuers on Pandore, and the option to move to Terra is welcome.

It seems, and not surprisingly so, that the Pandore community is recoiling from severe shock and I hope that the the option for complete Invent., and QB to Terra is welcomed. I hope that they bring their great sence of Rôle Play to Terra. I shall remain on Pandore to try and promote Rôle-Play in the land of PVP!

Really, Pandore should be a one slot server. It makes more sense. You know who your enemy is. I play on Pandore and TBH I only use the one-slot. The second has some low level half-wit hybrid tradskille monkey, which would happily be deleted.

RogerRamjet
12-07-05, 16:08
I know its gonna be like the start of NC, items drop stright to the floor. If this is the case, put the tech part drop like it was in NC1 at the start, 3 - 4 techs every bot.

Tostino
12-07-05, 16:31
Well I do feel bad for the french players. But I am happy that we are geting a PvP server :p. Only around a month to wait!

Xylaz
12-07-05, 16:32
can someone from KK confirm that we WONT have the possibility to transfer our chars TO Pandore?

just to be sure

/edit/
source of the info from the other thread:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php...53&postcount=11

Quick Translation:
There will be no possibility to move characters TO Pandore..

Tratos
12-07-05, 16:37
I shall remain on Pandore to try and promote Rôle-Play in the land of PVP!

Your better off moving to Terra/Merc/Mars as there will be no support for player RP events and no official ones either.

EDIT: Good to see some information posted, i only hope more is given to us regularly about this matter, also is August when AD will stop controling the server?

SirRah
12-07-05, 16:37
Look here: http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1840653&postcount=11

Says: The transfers will only work from Pandore to other servers not vice versa or between other servers.

Xylaz
12-07-05, 16:38
Look here: http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1840653&postcount=11

Says: The transfers will only work from Pandore to other servers not vice versa or between other servers.

that's my link :p

and i dont know german very well so i wanted to make sure. ty for the info.

SirRah
12-07-05, 16:40
that's my link :p

and i dont know german very well so i wanted to make sure. ty for the info.

you just edited your post as i was looking it up ;p

Demental
12-07-05, 16:43
It's a shame the PvP server isn't gonna be here by the end of this payment session for me. I told myself I wasn't going to play this game anynore if they didn't finally do what they promised, and before my account expired. Since it sounds like they're not starting with a clean slate and allowing the french people to keep there chars there i'm even further dissapointed with this. Nothing against the french (even though I hate you all in real life :D ) but eh, I may try it out down the line again. Just sucks I've been waiting like a month and a half to play a PvP server that's gonna take even longer to come around, and even then wont be a clean start like I was hoping and heard it was. Guess i'm gonna have to pay for Another month of neocron that I wont be playing while they continue talking about the pvp server.

Jerto
12-07-05, 17:14
As we will need some time to implement these procedures, the debut of the PvP server will be in mid August. We will announce all the details in due time.

Does that mean that the actual Pandora will close mid august too ?
I think you need time to set up the servers so when will you have to close the actual Pandora to respect your deadline ?

LTA
12-07-05, 18:35
B e a utiful

All you niblets coming to powerlevel best keep that LE in.... revenge is sweet i owe people for all that allied ganking i had to suffer on terra in my early days!!!
Mc5'd out slasher/exe spy waiting for you all to visit them low leveling spots :D <3

Well think i might transfer of one or two chars but if they can stay there with all there shit well then bonus, anyone need help leveling (people i like of course ;) ) can pm me n i will help em out with my ds ppu.

Not much point in attempting to RP anymore this game is clearly becoming Planetside hell dunno why u even made factions n shit just Doy - Neocron then can have a true Counter Strike mmo

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:23
what do i have on pandore atm... 80 base dex rifle spy and a cst nib...

hmm... replace cst nib with pistol pe, cap rifle spy...

i'll wait to see about other issues before i decide.

Spermy
12-07-05, 19:26
what do i have on pandore atm... 80 base dex rifle spy and a cst nib...

hmm... replace cst nib with pistol pe, cap rifle spy...

i'll wait to see about other issues before i decide.

Might roll a PE tonight and see what all the fuss is about :P

LTA
12-07-05, 19:30
Might roll a PE tonight and see what all the fuss is about :P

You'd only be leveling in preperation for the pvp i think now i reckon most AD activity is gonna rapidly dissapear unless they do some final event but if i was them i personally would've have long left here by now

Spermy
12-07-05, 19:36
You'd only be leveling in preperation for the pvp i think now i reckon most AD activity is gonna rapidly dissapear unless they do some final event but if i was them i personally would've have long left here by now

That was more in relation to jesters love of PE's than anything really, but yeah - the stuff AD pulled does sound kinda cool.

40$Poser
12-07-05, 19:38
[ edited ]

LTA
12-07-05, 19:38
That was more in relation to jesters love of PE's than anything really, but yeah - the stuff AD pulled does sound kinda cool.

it was, the experience made NC a different game.... kk shouldn't have ditched AD or should've at least tried to pimp there Gm team on board or something

Spermy
12-07-05, 19:39
it was, the experience made NC a different game.... kk shouldn't have ditched AD or should've at least tried to pimp there Gm team on board or something

Have AD made a comment yet? it might shed some more light on whats going on ...

LTA
12-07-05, 19:41
Have AD made a comment yet? it might shed some more light on whats going on ...

YEah someone quoted in the big sticky if u can be arsed to sift not sure where but it was basically AD saying goodbye, thanks for all the times and that and saying they didnt have alotta say in the matter (which suggests kk driven idea again to me to cut losses and save money) but cant say more due to confidentiallity n the like

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:45
it was, the experience made NC a different game....

aye... thats what i felt like when i started PvPing on my PE ;)

Mr Kot
12-07-05, 20:35
If we're quick, you think we might get into the Anarchy Breed faction before AD hand over the reins?

LTA
12-07-05, 21:06
If we're quick, you think we might get into the Anarchy Breed faction before AD hand over the reins?

Would be hard coz i think a member of AD had to change you to AB and you could only join if the members of AB didnt mind or something along them lines anyway i know you couldnt just join straight into AB

Mr_Snow
12-07-05, 21:16
Would be hard coz i think a member of AD had to change you to AB and you could only join if the members of AB didnt mind or something along them lines anyway i know you couldnt just join straight into AB
to get into AB you had to be a pker and a crap pvper :)

LTA
12-07-05, 21:26
to get into AB you had to be a pker and a crap pvper :)

lol well if they stuck around sure a good 80% would fit in easily :p

zii
12-07-05, 22:31
AB was by invite only from the faction counsiller,600k and the adherence to three rules. There were also rumours of a dark ritual involved during your initiation process.

Neally
12-07-05, 22:46
AB was by invite only from the faction counsiller,600k and the adherence to three rules. There were also rumours of a dark ritual involved during your initiation process.

This was a hit of Fire apoc :D

Mr Kot
13-07-05, 00:18
AB was by invite only from the faction counsiller,600k and the adherence to three rules.
That's what i mean..... i know you can't start as AB, but we have a very short time to powerlevel, mingle with the community and brownnose our way into AB thru the proper channels before AD goes *poof*

There were also rumours of a dark ritual involved during your initiation process.
Doesn't involve custard and a large ostrich feather, does it? 8|

ZoVoS
13-07-05, 02:40
ARGH... AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH no character wipe means no chance of making rares... rare......

Jesterthegreat
13-07-05, 08:08
ARGH... AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH no character wipe means no chance of making rares... rare......

indeed.

it also means we get a pre made economy and half the people get capped chars.

and i dont even wanna think about the unique items / anarchy breed runners when the change happens...

Superbron
13-07-05, 09:52
I agree, this makes sense

Speedball
13-07-05, 13:50

Wanted a pvp server ? Now you got it. But with a surprise inside it : People who don't want this pvp server on their own server. ;)

Njall
13-07-05, 14:12
Wanted a pvp server ? Now you got it. But with a surprise inside it : People who don't want this pvp server on their own server. ;)
What a sad day, I agree with Speedball :p :lol:

Edit :

- Increased the recycling requirements for the trophies, trophies of small animals require less recycling skill than large ones.
- Added new outfit for the Trophy-Hunter NPC.
- Fixed the backdoor of the Electric Vibes Club.
No use for PvP. If we have to play CS online, I would prefer patches about Pvp.

Riddle
13-07-05, 14:37
Side effect of all this is Terra was practically unplayable as a trader last night due to sever amounts of spam from the ten or so players left on Pandora coming over to moan.

Moan at KK, don't destroy gameplay on another server because your pissed.

Jerto
13-07-05, 14:39
ten or so players left on Pandora coming over to moan.

Ignore List is your friend
10 people to IL is not much to do and if everybody does it, then you're back to normal.

Riddle
13-07-05, 14:44
Ignore List is your friend
10 people to IL is not much to do and if everybody does it, then you're back to normal.

Sorry dude , 10 people was a carcastic comment with regards to Pandora's remaining members :p there was definately more than that on but hey i went and killed some shit put it all on Ignore :D ...No trophy drop though :(

sultana
13-07-05, 15:08
Sorry dude , 10 people was a carcastic comment with regards to Pandora's remaining members :p there was definately more than that on but hey i went and killed some shit put it all on Ignore :D ...No trophy drop though :(
Least we get more people coming over to terra.

That's the one good thing I see coming out of this.

Reezo
13-07-05, 15:40

/Agree :D

Dargeshaad
13-07-05, 16:08
Least we get more people coming over to terra.

That's the one good thing I see coming out of this.
Yep I saw a whooping 20% last night on Terra!

ZoVoS
13-07-05, 17:39
i was only wanting to move myself to a pvp server if it gots a full wipe, i was hoping everything would be blanked n we would have to start again, i dont realy care about pvp rules, but i did care about fixin up the server, an i was expecting a character/item/everything wipe and a fresh start, fresh rules, a neo neocron

bah think ill stick to terra, role a apu n a ppu on pandora for mindless killin and get me mates to do the same

=]

terra forevr :angel:

Jesterthegreat
13-07-05, 19:52
hmm... i might not bother with the pvp server...

i might... but its far more likely if they do a full wipe. whats the point in some of the changes put forward by the community (such as rare drop rate) if they dont wipe?

and wasnt the whole point it still hasn't happened yet because they were taking community comments on board?

well this makes one of the (IMO) important ones pointless.

LiL T
13-07-05, 20:14
Side effect of all this is Terra was practically unplayable as a trader last night due to sever amounts of spam from the ten or so players left on Pandora coming over to moan.

Umm mute them ?

I have about 30 people on mute well prolly a bit less but its alot and it works wonders, it seems there are alot of people that fancy me or something :o when ever I say something on trade. Sad losers I think they need to get a life , me I don't give a shit what people say on trade channels if I don't like it I mute without replying they soon STFU but they allways got to get the last dig in with "littleterror mutes people who own him blah blah blah" OK yeaah....

Jesterthegreat
13-07-05, 20:18
Umm mute them ?

I have about 30 people on mute well prolly a bit less but its alot and it works wonders, it seems there are alot of people that fancy me or something :o when ever I say something on trade. Sad losers I think they need to get a life , me I don't give a shit what people say on trade channels if I don't like it I mute without replying they soon STFU but they allways got to get the last dig in with "littleterror mutes people who own him blah blah blah" OK yeaah....

i still remember you duelling me with me on mute and not hearing me say rdy and such...

Rob01m
13-07-05, 20:25

Yeah, I hate those that do this. Good riddance to those few.

LiL T
13-07-05, 20:26
About the PVP server it has to be a truely different rule set than the terra server or any other server for me to even bother playing it. If I get constantly parra spammed by copbots or go from +50 SL to -21 SL after 5 kills I will not play it. If there are too many PPU/<insert class> gank sqauds I will not play it, I plan on roleplaying my way on this server and that is mugger murderer gang leader whater. I want rares to be like gold dust only used by the rich or for planned and hired kills and of coarse op wars,
I want it to be the neocron I dreamed of :)

i still remember you duelling me with me on mute and not hearing me say rdy and such...

It was a bug it kept putting you back on ignore after relogging =/ I was in some pissed state when putting you on it and actting like a twat. Point is I don't like smack talking at all, I don't suck at but its meant to be a game which I can have fun in and after work I don't want people annoying me :P

I'm sure you understand..

Thing is theres alot of people who seem to have a go at me for what ever I say on trade so I don't want to hear them, it just makes me ummm angry .

Njall
13-07-05, 20:46
Yeah, I hate those that do this. Good riddance to those few.
Good luck you're going to play with them now ;)

Tostino
13-07-05, 20:48
Good luck you're going to play with them now ;)
I don't care if they come over and play without causing a big fuss over their server closing but if they whine about it that is what's gona piss Terra players off.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 20:53
What I don't understand is how they can flood the trade channels with anti-KK and anti-terra spam, and still obviously want to play the game so much. I mean if you don't want to play anymore, then DON'T. We should have some decency left in us, or is mankind really this bad? Grief PKing, trade spamming, how very mature. I don't give a shit if you had a bad day at work or if your server got changed, you don't take it out on other people. If you do this, then you were the tosser all along.

Jerto
13-07-05, 21:02
What I don't understand is how they can flood the trade channels with anti-KK and anti-terra spam, and still obviously want to play the game so much. I mean if you don't want to play anymore, then DON'T. We should have some decency left in us, or is mankind really this bad? Grief PKing, trade spamming, how very mature. I don't give a shit if you had a bad day at work or if your server got changed, you don't take it out on other people. If you do this, then you were the tosser all along.
This sums up what I truly think.
I was pissed off by KK, Click2pay and the bugs we've known for so long that I decided to cancell my account a few months ago.
No departure thread, no whinning, I just left.
Some people still have pleasure playing NC, fair enough, I accept that (except when it seems to be blind addiction, I barely keep my self control but I try hard :p).

But this is a human reaction. When things become too emotional, some people can't behave and this kind of things happen.

Njall
13-07-05, 21:08
if they whine about it that is what's gona piss Terra players off.
We have to whine, our a.. hurts so much. :lol:

Shenyu Reza
13-07-05, 21:47
if they whine

Bwahahahahaha :lol: come on men, come on...

zii
13-07-05, 21:50
/edited the wipe comments as Rob01m has informed me that there is no wipe. Cheers /edit

[/quote=Jerto]But this is a human reaction. When things become too emotional, some people can't behave and this kind of things happen.[/quote]

They're emotional and feel that their voices are unheard. AD are the forum moderators, and they don't represent KK, so I suspect that they don't see the point on shouting on the AD forums. They''re pissed off with KK, but they cannot post in the English forums in French because they're edited out as its not the forum language, so they only other place to shout and let off steam is another server. I sympathise with them, and understand their actions, but I don't condone them.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 21:53
I will be very pissed off if they did wipe Pandore as I'd loose my capped char that took sometime to build, especially as it was transferred there from Uranus along with stuff.

They might also loose all of the French folks that might have stayed on the PVP/Pandore server.

They already said you'll keep your characters intact if you choose to stay on Pandore, and if you decide to move to another server, like Terra, you'll have most if not everything moved with you. No wipe.

Jerto
13-07-05, 22:04
They already said you'll keep your characters intact if you choose to stay on Pandore, and if you decide to move to another server, like Terra, you'll have most if not everything moved with you. No wipe.
The most important thing they loose is their game environment.
That's what pisses them off.
No more French as official language
No more AD events
Full PvP on a server that was mainly RP

It will not be the same game for them anymore.
And they don't want the gameplay that is going to be plaid on Pandora.

Rob01m
13-07-05, 22:13
I know, Jerto, I was just responding to the wipe worrying. :angel:

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 01:28
blablabla(incocerning bug ingonring jester)

was cos u duled in NF if u block sumbody out of NF and unblock em in NF when u leave NF there blocked, similarly if u add sumbody to friends or direct or anything in NF when u leave it disapears

also again i say unles there is a full character item and server wipe a new pvp server is useless, i want the ppl to beable to carry there characters COMPLEATLY over to another server, but if capped characters lots of rares and such are alowed to remain it removed the whole point of a pvp server for me, to make another type of game... who cares if u can lose ur rare if it takes 1 day to hunt enough parts to trade for a new one

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 08:24
also again i say unles there is a full character item and server wipe a new pvp server is useless, i want the ppl to beable to carry there characters COMPLEATLY over to another server, but if capped characters lots of rares and such are alowed to remain it removed the whole point of a pvp server for me, to make another type of game... who cares if u can lose ur rare if it takes 1 day to hunt enough parts to trade for a new one

exactly.

if they dont like PvP anyway, then a full transfer to any other server should be their preferance. and it would mean that everyone starts even on the PvP server.

everyones happy (considering the situation anyway...)

Njall
14-07-05, 11:14
Oki, it will be my last post about this.

At the end of Nc1, there were 200 players on Venus.
Now, we're only 50 on Pandore.

Do you want a tip to know why there is so little people ?
-no advertising in France : I'm sure there are a lot of people in France who would like Nc .... but they don't know it exists. Moreover we, french players, tried to advertise by ourselves... we ask for a little help from Reakktor (only an official video by example)... we're still waiting.. well, we stopped to wait for now.
-click2pay : I know of a lot of players who fights for weeks to be able to pay... and, after a few weeks, they said "f---, I go on another game where my money is good"
-no boxes sold in France : have you tried to tell a friend "try this game, it's a real marvel in MMOs... wait... can you dl the client ? because no boxes are sold in France, I hope you don't have a 56k" ? It's surely great for marketing but it's too great for my intellect....
-asian market : every player could have told you it was a waste of time and money. Money would have been more effective if used to resolve the bug or make advertising in Europe.

And now, about the PvP server : what is the use of a pvp server in a pvp game ? what is the next : Terra becomes a PvE server ? Do you really think that there is so much people interested in free PK (for this will not be a pvp server but a PK server) that it's worth the ruin of the french community ? (I know, the french can go on another server... but imagine KK tells you "ok, for now, on Terra, Reza losts the war, yager take the power in Neocron, the CA lives in TH, pro DoY live in Nc and corporations live in the MB" and you would have a little idea of what we feel)

Btw, if you want to make a "total pvp zone" : resolve the bugs of the NF, it could help.

Xylaz
14-07-05, 18:40
I was reminded of one important thing.

If i'm going to move to PVP server i want to know one thing: what about LE?

Are u going to remove it entirely or not?

There are 3 safezone-like constructs in NC which are screwing the game beyond any imagination: PPUS, LEs and safezones areas.

Preferably, you should remove all, but i'll be satisfied if you remove LEs and safezones and nerf ppus to the point they wont be treated as remote safezones anymore.

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 18:42
HAHAHAHAHA lets all go pandora now, and role a LE character =] then what are they gona do with no item wipe =] turn the chip in my head into a milky ren =] id love to be one of the few ppl with a implanted milkey ren

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 19:18
There are 3 safezone-like constructs in NC which are screwing the game beyond any imagination: PPUS, LEs and safezones areas.

theres stealth too.

aKe`cj
14-07-05, 19:25

theres stealth too.

stealth is no major problem ...its more of an annoyance, such as stupidity - both to be found plenty and most likely to stay ingame.
Concerning Pandore/French Community... I'll try to get my french polished again to help those who aren't capable of english nor german and need their time to adjust. Furthermore, I dont think Pandore will become a big whine/flame server. People who break the terms of use on pandore should be banned just like those on the other servers. I think it will be a new environment and interesting due to some tweaks in the gameplay. Furthermore, although its hard for those who are unable to communicate using foreign languages, I think its best for Pandore as well....

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 20:21
stealth is no major problem ...its more of an annoyance, such as stupidity - both to be found plenty and most likely to stay ingame.

it gives more invunerability than a ppu does...

Xylaz
14-07-05, 20:26
it gives more invunerability than a ppu does...

then lets treat it in the same category as ppus, change it, nerf it to a point it wont give invulnerability anymore (brainport: tratos idea - hint to KK -).

mmm i sure sound a little hypocritic when saying remove ppus and dont remove stealth eh?
Dont remove ppus then :( regardless of how much i hate em, just nerf em and do the same with stealth.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 20:37
then lets treat it in the same category as ppus, change it, nerf it to a point it wont give invulnerability anymore (brainport: tratos idea - hint to KK -).

mmm i sure sound a little hypocritic when saying remove ppus and dont remove stealth eh?
Dont remove ppus then :( regardless of how much i hate em, just nerf em and do the same with stealth.

trantos' idea with different types of stealth to stop then being spammed in combat?

suits me. left a tradeskiller with an insta stealth... but no combat char would be able to stealth, then fight efficiantly between stealths.

i have to PE's, each with stealth, and a PPU with para.

i'd prefer the game to be better rather than me having a get out of jail free card.

aKe`cj
14-07-05, 22:14
Add SI after stealth-usage and a 0% si req to the tool - nuff nerfed. nuff offtopic :)

bounty
14-07-05, 22:31
I won't be playing on pandore. This game has been centered around PVP since the beginning. If you go back to beta4/early retail belt drops and rules and such, you had shitloads of pvp. PVP became less frequent because people left this game and you couldnt' find people to randomly kill and interact with.

What happens if i build up characters on the pvp server and then 6 months later they go "uh sorry about that, bad idea, lets make this into a RP ONLY server now."? I feel bad for the French players. If they merged a server with pluto back in the day i woulda been pissed cause it would totally ruin the mood for me.

So solution to this game is not a pvp server, its a more stable client, better advertising and in turn MORE PEOPLE.

zii
15-07-05, 02:30
i might... but its far more likely if they do a full wipe. whats the point in some of the changes put forward by the community (such as rare drop rate) if they dont wipe?

Why does it matter if they wipe? Does it make any different since most people will be new there (new chars), and the remaining Pandore community.

As a few people have said, they can cap their chars in a week, in which case they should have farmed the place for rares almost as quickly. Leaving the current items in game won't unbalance things; Although, it took me a year to cap my tanks STR, but this is because I have things to do other Neocron.
I suppose it'll only be a minority who would suffer. This sounds fair to me...

Additionally, considering a wipe, which appartment would I start with? My faction has no starter apartments.

As you read, I am against a wipe of any kind.

Superbron
15-07-05, 07:52
Add SI after stealth-usage and a 0% si req to the tool - nuff nerfed. nuff offtopic :)Nice! I like this solution to stealth, shoot, stealth, shoot, stealth...

Jesterthegreat
15-07-05, 08:17
Why does it matter if they wipe? Does it make any different since most people will be new there (new chars), and the remaining Pandore community.

As a few people have said, they can cap their chars in a week, in which case they should have farmed the place for rares almost as quickly. Leaving the current items in game won't unbalance things; Although, it took me a year to cap my tanks STR, but this is because I have things to do other Neocron.
I suppose it'll only be a minority who would suffer. This sounds fair to me...

Additionally, considering a wipe, which appartment would I start with? My faction has no starter apartments.

As you read, I am against a wipe of any kind.

1. equality. one part of the community starting with close to a years worth of gathered items, as well as complications such as the dagger of crahn and anarchy breed runners.

2. one of the ideas put forward which i think is a very good one is lower drop rate for tech parts. 1 years worth of rares / tech parts makes that completely pointless.

a new "hardcore" server is pointless if one part of the community has a years worth of supplies there and it doesnt matter if they lose stuff.

Tratos
15-07-05, 09:07
Just as a note this is the Stealth idea Jester and Xylaz refer to: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126129 look for posts further down as different ideas are suggested.

LTA
15-07-05, 11:16
1. equality. one part of the community starting with close to a years worth of gathered items, as well as complications such as the dagger of crahn and anarchy breed runners.

2. one of the ideas put forward which i think is a very good one is lower drop rate for tech parts. 1 years worth of rares / tech parts makes that completely pointless.

a new "hardcore" server is pointless if one part of the community has a years worth of supplies there and it doesnt matter if they lose stuff.

1. Wh is the dagger a complication its a renamed tl 200 odd Junk Knife cant be ever used its just a show piece there was only a few ab runners or is it just coz you cant be a AB runner or have a renamed item?

2. Why does it? i doubt the french people are going to be heavily trading with the incoming pvp people till they have something worthwhile to trade, you will be capped in a week so you can farm, even with a lower drop rate it wont be that hard in my eyes to get rares.
Am sure most people can defend themselves anyway after all RP has turned the french soft according to someone so you should be fine.

It will still be hardcore you have to survive and you say this like theres gonna be an enitre army you can't handle delete all your terran chars....i want a fresh start there so as i level my new char i am on equal runnings.

You wanted pvp server now its coming now you want it laid perfectly to your suitings, at least keeping our chars was a slight condolence to having our entire rp world taken away which will never ever be back now u wanna delete our chars of there aswell for what reason, everyone will be capped in 2/3 weeks, then rare farming, mc5 camping everyone will be back to where they was within the month and then woo no difference. O_o

ZoVoS
15-07-05, 11:58
maba u dont get just how rare we want rares to be =]

Jesterthegreat
15-07-05, 19:03
1. Wh is the dagger a complication its a renamed tl 200 odd Junk Knife cant be ever used its just a show piece there was only a few ab runners or is it just coz you cant be a AB runner or have a renamed item?

2. Why does it? i doubt the french people are going to be heavily trading with the incoming pvp people till they have something worthwhile to trade, you will be capped in a week so you can farm, even with a lower drop rate it wont be that hard in my eyes to get rares.
Am sure most people can defend themselves anyway after all RP has turned the french soft according to someone so you should be fine.

It will still be hardcore you have to survive and you say this like theres gonna be an enitre army you can't handle delete all your terran chars....i want a fresh start there so as i level my new char i am on equal runnings.

You wanted pvp server now its coming now you want it laid perfectly to your suitings, at least keeping our chars was a slight condolence to having our entire rp world taken away which will never ever be back now u wanna delete our chars of there aswell for what reason, everyone will be capped in 2/3 weeks, then rare farming, mc5 camping everyone will be back to where they was within the month and then woo no difference. O_o

as i said... equality.

you wanna keep the chars? let everyone else have a full transfer to pandore to make up for it.

personally i am against the chars staying... but then i am against pandore being used in general... so don't think i'm the bad guy ;)

and i want a server laid out as (not only) i want? course i do. whats the point of the mmaking a server how kk want it when they arent going to be the ones playing it? the server was put in a plan file due to "popular demand"... so why shouldnt we have an opinion on how we want the server they are adding, because we wanted it? :p

LTA
15-07-05, 19:22
personally i am against the chars staying... but then i am against pandore being used in general... so don't think i'm the bad guy ;)

and i want a server laid out as (not only) i want? course i do. whats the point of the mmaking a server how kk want it when they arent going to be the ones playing it? the server was put in a plan file due to "popular demand"... so why shouldnt we have an opinion on how we want the server they are adding, because we wanted it? :p

I dont have a problem with terrans being able to transfer but that choice is one i cant make kk have let us keep our chars so i am just saying i dont want em deleted.

I never think ya a bad guy ... well only when your runnin past me lookin red... lol

Well kk own the server so they gonna do it like that arent they.... i would like Terra to be a pure RP server but its not gonna happen is it, would like AD to take over gmin it wont happen point bein... some our decisions mean little, coz for say every 10 who like the idea theres always prolly equal amounts who do like the idea.

I dont think that it should just be FORUM users who get to have the say all the time this game needs a lot more ingame interaction between devs n the like, things like the ingame forums could be tidied up and used a bit more. Since this only represents a small portion of the players the small portion shouldnt consistently decide everything if u get what am saying :p

and believe me you dont want rares to be as rare as i do, i dont want them in the game full stop, i'd rather it be NCPD Rayguns and the like being the top weapons so standard weapons are more worth being constructed instead of it being GOTTA GET A CS OR I CANNOT PVP AT ALL mentality

zii
15-07-05, 19:52

I thought that somone was advocating the increase of tech-part drops, not decreasing it. Oh well

How do AB runners have a head start and what is the Dagger of Crahn?

I know runners that don't read the forums, and this is their choice.

Regarding Jester's wipe idea. This is a moot point because Holgar said at the start of this thread:

1. The server will not be wiped. That means that anyone who wishes to keep playing there (under the new rules), can do so with his stats and items.

Which is fantastic. So I'll be quiet and bugger off.

LTA
15-07-05, 23:22
what is the Dagger of Crahn?

If u played Venus/pandore you should know of Enfants of crahn and there leader Moridin, well they was on a quest and he got a Dagger Of Crahn a tl 200 renamed junk knife or something made

Jesterthegreat
15-07-05, 23:54
as long as it breaks no rules i see no problems with me putting my opinion or ideas accross.

some people wanted more rares... some wanted less. i never said everyone wanted less ;)

tbh they can do what they like with it now. i cba with the hassle of capping another char to play for an hour or 2 a week.

shenten
17-07-05, 13:23
Oki, it will be my last post about this.

At the end of Nc1, there were 200 players on Venus.
Now, we're only 50 on Pandore.

Do you want a tip to know why there is so little people ?
-no advertising in France : I'm sure there are a lot of people in France who would like Nc .... but they don't know it exists. Moreover we, french players, tried to advertise by ourselves... we ask for a little help from Reakktor (only an official video by example)... we're still waiting.. well, we stopped to wait for now.
-click2pay : I know of a lot of players who fights for weeks to be able to pay... and, after a few weeks, they said "f---, I go on another game where my money is good"
-no boxes sold in France : have you tried to tell a friend "try this game, it's a real marvel in MMOs... wait... can you dl the client ? because no boxes are sold in France, I hope you don't have a 56k" ? It's surely great for marketing but it's too great for my intellect....
-asian market : every player could have told you it was a waste of time and money. Money would have been more effective if used to resolve the bug or make advertising in Europe.

And now, about the PvP server : what is the use of a pvp server in a pvp game ? what is the next : Terra becomes a PvE server ? Do you really think that there is so much people interested in free PK (for this will not be a pvp server but a PK server) that it's worth the ruin of the french community ? (I know, the french can go on another server... but imagine KK tells you "ok, for now, on Terra, Reza losts the war, yager take the power in Neocron, the CA lives in TH, pro DoY live in Nc and corporations live in the MB" and you would have a little idea of what we feel)

Btw, if you want to make a "total pvp zone" : resolve the bugs of the NF, it could help.

KK just missed a point. It is not by turning a server in a lineage 2 server that they'll make money. It is by providing a bug free, frequently content updated game. the game being advertised off course.
[ edited ]. They wouldn't have released shit NC2 , they wouldn't release empty stuff when we still experience bugs since early NC1 days.

Some guys should really change their job, what happened to the original NC1 staff ?? please tell me they are making a new MMORPG somewhere , in some new gamedev studio !!

Netphreak
26-07-05, 04:55
Ok really wtf is the whole point of having a PvP server?
NC is a PvP game!

We never needed a PvP server before why we need one now...
NC1 was and still is better than NC2 in many ways.
Especially the Faction relationships and safezones.

I know that on Uranus we had many people roleplaying while at the same time up for PvP when they needed too.

Making a PvP server is a waste of time, resources and is pissing off the french player community. I've heard many things that are different and better from a Roleplaying aspect on the French server which will most likely be lost when you change the ruleset.

Short of an upgrade to a 'better' game engine i can't see what will save Neocron now.

Its quite obvious from the amount of people playing the NC1 server how disappointed people are in NC2.

On a lighter note all the recent patches and hard work by the devs is great news i just hope its not too late to save the game and the community.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 05:43
pvp server is needed regular one is far too carebear... i just hope they make the neccessary changes to the new server to make it enjoyable. IE: no ppus, no LE.

make epic weapons be bp'able building to normal stats and make them so they can drop, no getting out of that so easy.

and pvp server could be a good place to show off how much more fun the game would be without ppus

LiL T
26-07-05, 07:12
I don't see how this pvp server will be any different from terra, I can be a total arsehole on terra and kill anyone I damn well want. On this server I would be able to do exactly the same thing and suffer the same punishment as I do on terra .... oh and the PPU will still be there to unbalance the whole server

Same soulight system
same factions
same classes
same overpowered PPU/APU teams

no thx..

Riddle
26-07-05, 10:03
Well they got to do something with Pandora now....last night when i logged in to Terra ;) It was at 0%

LaZyBoY
26-07-05, 10:11
Well they got to do something with Pandora now....last night when i logged in to Terra ;) It was at 0%
OMG anyone smell a PVE server!!!?!

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 10:16
Would indeed be a perfect testserver to try out a few weeks of no ppus by removing the holy spell line and para in any form.

LTA
26-07-05, 10:22
OMG anyone smell a PVE server!!!?!

no

pve in Neocron sucks why dediate a whole server to a side that sucks... if there was more variety lots more mobs at different levels and zones full of various huntin possibilities then maybe..

but whats the point of a whole server dedicated to Aggies, Fire mobs, warbots and a few caves

and face it PPU will never ever be completely removed kk wanted ppus to exist and they do to delete them would cause em to much ear ache and probably a lot more work... as deleting the holy line and rebalancing everything accordingly think kk is staying with the bugs or random content at the mo

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 10:25
All that would need reballancing is the apu-ppu hybrids and the 100+ rank mobs. A LOT less work than all the crappy attempts at ballancing that have been made in the past.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 10:33
not even sure why testing would be needed, how could the game possibly be HURT by having no PPU's, aside from hurting the ability of the people who spend their NC live whoring them.

not double checked this but i think delete blessed heal TL and up.

LTA
26-07-05, 11:10
All that would need reballancing is the apu-ppu hybrids and the 100+ rank mobs. A LOT less work than all the crappy attempts at ballancing that have been made in the past.

weapons will need some change slasher/healing light gonna own everything thru a foreign cast tl 25 shelter and the particle nemesis on a foreign tl 25 shelter.... op wars will be nice n fast dont get me wrong i wanna see the ppu nerfed a bit but not so extreme its useless

then once have this wonder how long it will be before you find another thing to nerf to oblivion.... i want my rog/rolh back nothing wrong with them
Cept wait PRIVATE EYES fuckin usin em....if deletin ppus lets balance up the pes while we are there.... no healing light/exe/slasher/rolh pes druggin and gettin very good stats on very high tl weps is wrong...

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 11:49
So you're saying it's wrong to have a pe that uses two MC5 chips three to four drugs and has lower resists than three drug slasher spy?
I'm telling you a Healing light or slasher pe has NO poison resist, spy resists in all the rest. He can't use a tl10 heal to good effect and casts damageboost too slow. The only reason i'm playing the pe is i like the black pa so much and the fact that pe's cap way faster than a spy.
I can do exactly the same things on my spy, he however does cap his guns and he even pokes 115 alongside hack 115.
The objective of a high tl pe is to kill before he gets killed himself, whereas a lowtech pe is more like a blessed hybrid he heals up so much so fast that his lower dammage output, combined with a near runcast DB will get the enemy in the end.

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 11:53
So you're saying it's wrong to have a pe that uses two MC5 chips three to four drugs and has lower resists than three drug slasher spy?
I'm telling you a Healing light or slasher pe has NO poison resist, spy resists in all the rest. He can't use a tl10 heal to good effect and casts damageboost too slow. The only reason i'm playing the pe is i like the black pa so much and the fact that pe's cap way faster than a spy.
I can do exactly the same things on my spy, he however does cap his guns and he even pokes 115 alongside hack 115.
The objective of a high tl pe is to kill before he gets killed himself, whereas a lowtech pe is more like a blessed hybrid he heals up so much so fast that his lower dammage output, combined with a near runcast DB will get the enemy in the end.
That's with your setup....other people might have better ones (me included) and I "only" use 3 drugs

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 12:09
How many pe's have you seen emerge since they reintroduced stealth for them? A shitload !!!
How many people have complained about pe's being overpowered?
That's because there's 95% of those pe's that couldn't kill a solo unbuffed tank even if he stood still.

LTA
26-07-05, 12:27

They took class reqs of the mc5 cpu?

Yes i am saying its wrong they are tl 112 weapons.... only reason i went spy was so i could cap them but when i play my pe i dont see the need to cap

Dont give a shit bout poison resist only one class effectively uses poison n thats melee dont see apus stacking exe pes up with toxic beams because... gee let me see hl/exe/slasher rips them apart.
Spies should be well more effective using them weps they are at spy tl afterall

and dunno if your resists are sucking must be your setup because never had any problems with a Exe pe just less hp which wasnt much of a biggy for the extra damage i can effectively resist enought o damage to give me plenty of time to kill people.
Worry more about the timer on my drug running out than the damage of a cs tank to me or a hl

Spermy
26-07-05, 12:27
That's with your setup....other people might have better ones (me included) and I "only" use 3 drugs

I use whiteflash in my slasher PE setup - the thing about the slasher - especially on a PE ( WITH STEALTH), is that you don't really need to cap it to arsefuck the opposition - it's bloody good weapon uncapped.

Riddle
26-07-05, 12:42
not even sure why testing would be needed, how could the game possibly be HURT by having no PPU's, aside from hurting the ability of the people who spend their NC live whoring them.

not double checked this but i think delete blessed heal TL and up.

Deleting Blessed line and up effectively means that there is no support class as all can use low level heals etc. removing the Field medic?. No heal class in a MMO? WTF

You cannot remove PPU's without balancing the entire Weapons and Mobs database.

without that if you just remove PPU's then = No MC5, No DOY tunnels and bloody short OP wars.

Never mind how many hybrids would spring up just due to the fact you can no longer level as an PURE APU anymore.

What about Cst Buffs? Tradeskillerz hybrids would have to do a rethink if that was gone.

Soon the forum would be spammed with NERF this gun, NERF that gun, they do to much damage, Oih wheres my buffs? whine... whine ...

The knock on effect of removing a class has to be thought through in detail not just left to another kk whim of

*Quick lads there moaning patch it out
O shit...that didn't work Patch it in

Morganth
26-07-05, 12:48

Likewise, if I tone down my armour and only take 3 drugs, then my resists aren't that much worse off, I don't need to even change my implants and I am still as dangerous with a Slasher. However, I like taking 5-9 drugs :p

How many pe's have you seen emerge since they reintroduced stealth for them? A shitload !!!
How many people have complained about pe's being overpowered?
That's because there's 95% of those pe's that couldn't kill a solo unbuffed tank even if he stood still.

Lots of PEs have emerged, and most of them are crap. Therefore, I don't see a problem. The good PEs stayed good, and now they will just be elevated to a greater status because they have so many other PEs that they can out perform.

LTA
26-07-05, 13:08
n to add to that..... should be thankfull theres no Tigers Blood on this server

Try fighting a Spy setup with +11 Drugged Str no malus and +30 agil from one drug alone or the uber pe setups you could make with that 1 feckin str drug lol not to mention the crescent tabs.... it was very win win for spies n pes on pandore lol

and its not all about resists i remember a kami pistol pe who had very high stats on a exe and shit resists but he moved so fuckin fast it was well hard to keep a lock on the bastid why he was drilling me hard.... he just got unlcuky when the cs smashed his legs lol

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 13:18
You don't need to cap a slasher on a spy either.
Spies are just like pe's only better, they have longer stealth in case the shit realy hits the fan, they have the same resists as a hightech pe (with the same runspeed mind you) plus they can add a tradeskill or sometimes two to top it off.

Now as for the rezzing and mc5 stuff. making monks either apu or a ballanced kind of blessed hybrid with the rez, tone down all 100+ mobs and you have a ballanced pvp and pvm server.

Op wars last less long? I'm not so sure, you'll actualy see spies and pe's back in the op war field, along with tanks and apus for the aoe, and blessed hybrids for the rez and some protection.

Morganth
26-07-05, 13:24
Spies are just like pe's only better, they have longer stealth in case the shit realy hits the fan, they have the same resists as a hightech pe (with the same runspeed mind you) plus they can add a tradeskill or sometimes two to top it off.

I work on the basis that if I have let myself get to the stage where I need stealth, I'm already dead. When you refer to them as being better than a PE, are you taking into account the extreme setups? Like my 9 drug Slasher setup? Or similar heavy drug setups? I agree on the INT front though, a pistol Spy can easily hack and poke, with enough wep lore and PSU to be combat effective.

I'm tempted to remake my pistol spy now, and just go for extreme drug abuse so I can LoM my PE to a different setup (again).

EDIT:
On the PPU debate, I don't think that you should touch a PPUs self buffs at all. Tone down foreign buffs so that they give an advantage without making it necessary for fighting. The problem is, a good PPU and fighter can take on a fairly large number of people, so if you tone down the effect PPUs have on others, then fights will become even more number-orientated than they are now. However currently, when you are outnumbered significantly but you have a good PPU then its reasonably balanced. But when you get several good PPUs with several good fighters vs any number of people, thats when the problems start to arise.

LTA
26-07-05, 13:30

Op wars last less long? I'm not so sure, you'll actualy see spies and pe's back in the op war field, along with tanks and apus for the aoe, and blessed hybrids for the rez and some protection.

Like said the spy should excell over a pe in the high tech field i'd really whine if said pe had more defense than my spy and better all round stats and resists and near same stats on the high tl weapons.
As pes move back down the scale they get better n better as they free space for chips, if you use a Slasher as a pe you should honestly completely suck defense wise... but you dont well not f u set it up right.

Op wars will be back to how they were with uber hybs, just be no uber hyb but a blessed hyb will be a hard force to contend with as far as every one else is only normal buffed or foreign buffed.
I like that idea tho, the days when a tank was the real butcher on the field soakin damage dishin it out, while other classes had to be more carefull but completly nerfin the ppu hard will see a rise in pe's lotsa high tech ones snipers will actually hurt and be usefull, Pistol Spies will have to do big hit n run style stuff as will the high techs pe's, apus will have to lurk back coz they will get owned.

Droners will be king tho with no holy deflect .... haha enjoy the already over powered raptor

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 13:41
Standard 3 drug slasher/healing light inq setup.
I've done a 6 drug setup for realy tough guys and it's amazing what those extra drugs can do for you, that's near lowtech pe resists on a spy

LTA
26-07-05, 14:00
Well just done a 2 drug setup for a slasher

Got 440odd hp (know the skill manager is inaccurate but not by a million miles) good balanced resists and space for some specced poison

180 Pc 140 wep lore

the hp and resist looks better than my spies, well cept the xray the fact he has 100+ more hp than my spy is a bonus looking at that theres no way a pe is any worse of than my spy, same drugs, same stats really... spy only benefits by having the free points in some places...

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 14:25
Congratulations, you've just made a gimped spy :-)

Edit: and low health spies don't work, i tried it at 330, right now i'm at 440 and it's a LOT better.

LTA
26-07-05, 14:52
Congratulations, you've just made a gimped spy :-)

Edit: and low health spies don't work, i tried it at 330, right now i'm at 440 and it's a LOT better.

Only difference to me is hp

Not gimped at all my pe with a base dex of 80 on par with a spy of base dex 100 using a tl 113 weapon and can sruvive on 440 hp no probs my pe shouldnt even be close to that with a tl 113 weapon.
Plus the option of more psi stuff and there still more drugs i can use, beast x strong... all take my armour up much further than the spies....there touchin the str armour i use with beast that setup has no str drug at all.... and that was a 2 min setup without even honin the finer points

Fact is pe shouldnt even be remotely close at that level you can get the same its not hard, my main spy had a tigers blood setup on pandore which was most fun only.

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 14:56
Droners will be king tho with no holy deflect .... haha enjoy the already over powered raptor
I'd rather just have some sort of anti-drone weapon like the anti-vehicle weapons. The only class I bother trying to take down a drone with is my APU hyb, it's just too impossible with a class that needs to aim because of dodgy updating and tiny hitbox. Maybe the anti-drone weapon should be some kind of no aim but low range weapon meaning the droner would have to keep a distance....but oh well since ppus won't be removed it's just babbling

Bugs Gunny
26-07-05, 14:56
If you realy wanna go with the 5 or 3 min drugs you go right ahead :-)
All you've done is make a spy who can't have a tradeskill and is limited to 10sec stealth.

So next thing you'll say is that a HC pe is overpowered due to tanklike resists and the ability to hack belts, ops and drive, gun and repair rhinos and trikes.

The only reason to make a high tl pe is the fact that you can cap in about 10-12 hours.

Morganth
26-07-05, 14:57
Fact is pe shouldnt even be remotely close at that level you can get the same its not hard, my main spy had a tigers blood setup on pandore which was most fun only.

PEs would become cookie cutter if they were restricted to the low to mid level rares. I don't want to be told I can't use a Slasher setup just because someone doesn't think that the Jack of all Trades should have a reduced range of specialisation.

Dargeshaad
26-07-05, 14:58
So next thing you'll say is that a HC pe is overpowered due to tanklike resists and the ability to hack belts, ops and drive, gun and repair rhinos and trikes.
A TS rifle PE can get even better resists/hp than a HC PE, can even make him gun and drive a reveeler if you really want but will gimp him a good deal ;)

LTA
26-07-05, 14:59
If you realy wanna go with the 5 or 3 min drugs you go right ahead :-)
All you've done is make a spy who can't have a tradeskill and is limited to 10sec stealth.

The only reason to make a high tl pe is the fact that you can cap in about 10-12 hours.

haha i'll say hc pes are overpowered when they start using a ravager here and am sure some people will say it to

I have made a dex 80 class equal to a dex 100 class in the same weapon yes and could take the def further

Morganth
26-07-05, 15:00

I'd rather go with the fact that its the only class I have that I can effectively use solo, even against someone who is PPU buffed (I can survive long enough to get away :p ). Tied with the fact that I enjoy PvPing on my PE more than my alts, because I don't need to rely on someone else to either do damage for me, or to keep me alive.

eprodigy
26-07-05, 20:35
Deleting Blessed line and up effectively means that there is no support class as all can use low level heals etc. removing the Field medic?. No heal class in a MMO? WTF

You cannot remove PPU's without balancing the entire Weapons and Mobs database.

without that if you just remove PPU's then = No MC5, No DOY tunnels and bloody short OP wars.

Never mind how many hybrids would spring up just due to the fact you can no longer level as an PURE APU anymore.

What about Cst Buffs? Tradeskillerz hybrids would have to do a rethink if that was gone.

Soon the forum would be spammed with NERF this gun, NERF that gun, they do to much damage, Oih wheres my buffs? whine... whine ...

The knock on effect of removing a class has to be thought through in detail not just left to another kk whim of
well optimally the PPU would stay just get hit with a big nerf but on a PVP server the thing the PPU would do 99% of the time is make pvp suck for people that don't need to hide behind one to win a fight. mobs can be rebalanced, apus CAN ALREADY be leveled alone especially if mobs are balanced, tradeskill hybs dont need a cst3 already, and i dont believe op wars would be short (especially if there wasnt apus..).

Go have your little fights hiding behind 12 ppus (so called "pvp"). Thats what Terra is for. I only would like a pvp server to be fighting not noob ganking like the other servers.

Speedball
27-07-05, 01:00

Just no "god" class.
A healer that can be killed (faster)...

Xylaz
27-07-05, 08:29
btw, any news on the pvp server issues? Have you (KK) decided what to put and what not? What can we expect there? And when...

Original monk
27-07-05, 09:17
probably OT as usual but euh about em drones: why is it worth it using a mosquito ? it does the most shitty damage you can imagine :/ its not worth 50k a piece and all the trouble to get em :/

boost that drone a very littlebit ... maybe its usefull if you go hunting with 2 droners and even then they yust run away when they see there heals dropping constantly .. i think i killed someone with every drone except the mosquito ... i used it numerous times as addition to a second droner but then its still extremely inneficient and better to use for example a PN or raptor :/

even when there's 30 ppu's around i aint using a mosquito nomore :/

please boost em so i can use my mosquito cabinet LOL :angel:

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 09:35
If ppus get nerfed to the blessed line, then droners should get a larger hitbox. Otherwise raptors would tear up entire groups, starting with the "new" ppu.

eprodigy
27-07-05, 10:00
honestly they could remove drones too for all i care.. barely pvp anyway.. :angel:

PEs would become cookie cutter if they were restricted to the low to mid level rares. I don't want to be told I can't use a Slasher setup just because someone doesn't think that the Jack of all Trades should have a reduced range of specialisation.
definetly.. it just shouldnt be quite so easy to cap so high and keep the same defense.

Dargeshaad
27-07-05, 10:38
They should just increase the TL of all pistols and rifles above TL 100, the higher the TL, the higher the increase, e.g.:

Pistols
BoH TL 106
RoLH TL 111
Exec/Slasher TL 117

Rifles
Healing Light TL 114
SH TL 114
FL TL 119
Dissy TL 120

Capped spies will still be able to use all the weapons, since most have 120+ DEX anyway and can quite easy cap them as well. For a PE to use them they won't be able to have as high defense as they have now and won't be able to cap them either (the high end at least). Furthermore, if damage increase with TL then FL/Dissy might get viable in PvP :D
Only problem with it, is there's going to be a bug gap between the TL<100 weapons and the TL>100

Neally
27-07-05, 11:27
*slaps Dargeshaad*

shhhhhhh !!! don't try to nerf my PE ^_^

Morganth
27-07-05, 11:28
*slaps Dargeshaad*

shhhhhhh !!! don't try to nerf my PE ^_^

I wouldn't mind the aobve changes, provided the RoLH got a boost. Then I can keep my current setup, just with a different gun. Although I'd miss my Slasher :(

Neally
27-07-05, 11:32
I wouldn't mind the aobve changes, provided the RoLH got a boost. Then I can keep my current setup, just with a different gun. Although I'd miss my Slasher :(

The meaning of those changes is that you can say byebye to the T-C PE in OPs also

Dargeshaad
27-07-05, 11:51
The meaning of those changes is that you can say byebye to the T-C PE in OPs also
Huh why? Pistols PEs can still use BoH/RoLH relatively easy and Rifle PEs can use HL/SH if they use all DEX imps. And yea damage should increase with the TL increase, but RoLH still won't be too good I think (due to the nerf some time ago)

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 11:52
Techcombat PE's are so overpowered that everyone brings them to op wars right?
I've not seen an apu there in months now.

Neally
27-07-05, 11:57
Huh why? Pistols PEs can still use BoH/RoLH relatively easy and Rifle PEs can use HL/SH if they use all DEX imps. And yea damage should increase with the TL increase, but RoLH still won't be too good I think (due to the nerf some time ago)

The high TL of weapons would mean as PE you'd have to play with a ROLH/BOH in an OP, have you tried boh in OP ? ^_^

It would be like, if you wanna be a dueler you'd be T-C, and usefull in OPs as low-tech

Dargeshaad
27-07-05, 12:07
The high TL of weapons would mean as PE you'd have to play with a ROLH/BOH in an OP, have you tried boh in OP ? ^_^

It would be like, if you wanna be a dueler you'd be T-C, and usefull in OPs as low-tech
Last I checked BoH did a good deal more dmg than a Libby/Wyatt

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 12:17
It's also a TECHCOMBAT weapon at a lot higher tl.
It's good or hunting warbots or sniping people as a pistol spy, but that's where it ends. Judge, exec and slasher are the only real pvp pistols out there for hightech. When people start shooting raypistols in combat they get laughed at.

RogerRamjet
27-07-05, 12:19
The said tech level changes would fuck up some spies also. Innocent spies, who just want to have hilarious setups :P

Dargeshaad
27-07-05, 12:22
Well it was just an idea I had so calm down, it's not like I'm in charge of implementing it. Since it'll most likely never occour, it seems a bit of a dull conversation anyway

Xylaz
27-07-05, 12:26
oh please, stop spamming i want to get an answer from KK, help me :lol:

KK whats going on with the pvp server???

Original monk
27-07-05, 13:31
Techcombat PE's are so overpowered that everyone brings them to op wars right?
I've not seen an apu there in months now.

an APU wtf is that ? all i see is men in black crablike armours running around like crazy with laser rifles and pistols, is this SWG return of darth vader OMG !! HEELP !! imperial soldiers everywhere 0.O

:p

eprodigy
27-07-05, 18:25
well i think making the pistols a lot harder to cap again might be better then a TL increase as that just means an extra drug really for a PE.. who cares about opwars those aren't even 'pvp' anymore...

and yeah.. update on pandore would be nice...

Tratos
27-07-05, 19:18
Some sort of news would be nice but i guess things arnt moving yet as AD are still running Pandore... and there hasnt been any requests for French support staff yet from KK :(

Tratos
01-08-05, 00:50
Any chance we can get some information on Pandore, its status, its future, how things are going to work and what is happening with characters over there please?

I know it cant be done tonight since its Sunday and almost 1am in Germany, but some information soon would be very welcome around now :)

Nidhogg
01-08-05, 01:06
Thread merged. I'll add it to my list for tomorrow.

N

Tratos
01-08-05, 12:28
Thanks Nid,

Just a note Pandore seems to be having some problems, when i try to log into my chars to sort them out i get a permenant black sync screen.

Nidhogg
03-08-05, 16:53
Information has been collected, decisions are being made, but there won't be any update until the previously advertised date of mid-August. That's not a million miles away now so let's just wait and see.

In the meantime, if you have any issues with Pandore please report them to the helpdesk in the usual way (helpdesk@neocron.com). Thanks.

N

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:28
Information has been collected, decisions are being made

does that mean its still not definate?

Due to the low load on the server Pandore, we have decided to use that server's hardware to set up the much discussed international PvP Server. I realize this will come as a shock for many of you, especially the French-speaking players. I hope for your understanding, considering that a server with 9 machines and a user peak of about 30 just could not be efficient. In addition, many of the French speaking players have already moved to the server Terra in the past.

or are the decisions just about char xfering and the rules on the server?

Nidhogg
03-08-05, 19:29
It means you'll find out mid-August.

N

Manosteel36
03-08-05, 20:05
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i think you should tell us something we are paying to play this game we should have the right to know whats going on

Nidhogg
03-08-05, 20:19
And you will, in about two weeks. ;) I'm sorry but I simply don't have anything else I can give you right now.

N

Tratos
03-08-05, 20:23
And you will, in about two weeks. ;) I'm sorry but I simply don't have anything else I can give you right now.

N

Well anything outside of a warning or a forum ban for the hell of it :p but that would be nasty, lol

So i take it the week starting Monday the 15th is the start of "mid august" :p

Girian
08-08-05, 15:13
I'm afraid we should consider anything before aug. 31st mid-august :p

Morganth
08-08-05, 15:35
I'm afraid we should consider anything before aug. 31st mid-august :p

They never said which August though :lol:

Nidhogg
08-08-05, 15:44
It's not mid-August yet, guys. Patience.

N

Tratos
08-08-05, 16:01
Theres a week to go! hopefully there will be a patch to shut us up, hehe

Bugs Gunny
08-08-05, 16:05
Either a patch or another planfile.
I like the planfiles better though, they allways marvelously crafted pieces of fiction.
I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Tyrell Banks
08-08-05, 19:23
Is there actually any support for Pandore at the moment. It's unplayable all day long and no GM seems to read any tickets in-game either. Some people have been waiting for about 6-7 days without any response from anyone. So, what's the deal?

calim
08-08-05, 20:15
Is there actually any support for Pandore at the moment. It's unplayable all day long and no GM seems to read any tickets in-game either. Some people have been waiting for about 6-7 days without any response from anyone. So, what's the deal?

Yes i agree : at the moment Pandore is not playable. There are infinite Sync when zoning, or Gr'ing ... and deco/reco doesn't solve anything.

Neally
08-08-05, 22:33
Alchemic Dream seems already 'out'. Still hoping there won't be any problems with the transfer.

Tratos
10-08-05, 15:32
Seem theres been a step in the right direction for Pandore and a little progress on it becoming the PVP server.

As announced in the last plan file, the French support previously provided by Alchemic Dream is now in the hands of Reakktor.
Support emails in French can be directed to compte@neocron.com (account problems) and aide@neocron.com (other problems).
The previously French server Pandore, which will be converted into a PvP server, is now considered an international server.

Shenyu Reza
10-08-05, 17:59
Ppl of pandore need information... and quick...

Obsidian X
10-08-05, 19:32
Will the SGMs from Terra be working on Pandore when it becomes an international server?

Shenyu Reza
10-08-05, 20:07
Will the SGMs from Terra be working on Pandore when it becomes an international server?

it's already international...

Seraphin[69]
11-08-05, 10:33
Pandore is not "french" anymore and yet we don't have any information about the char transfers yet

What's wrong with com ?

Tratos
11-08-05, 11:49
We're getting an annoucement on the rest of the details for the new PvP server more towards the middle of the month (we assume next week) supposedly.

Seraphin[69]
11-08-05, 11:54
Sure you are but as you know some have been playing on pandore like you have been playing on Terra, which mean hours and hours of play, and we were supposed to get information on the transfert BEFORE it eventually turned into an internationnal server (which is a step for it to become a pvp server)

Mr Kot
11-08-05, 14:24
Will the SGMs from Terra be working on Pandore when it becomes an international server?Yes. As it's international now, English speaking GMs are now responsible for Terra and Pandore.

Tratos
11-08-05, 14:37
Actualy theres a French GM Recruitment thread in French community tslk ;) so you french peoples will have some propper support soon.

Nidhogg
11-08-05, 14:37
We're currently recruiting French and English speaking GMs to work on both international servers (Terra and Pandore).

N

Shenyu Reza
11-08-05, 18:47
We're paid? :p

Samy
13-08-05, 20:59
We still waiting for the char transfert...

calim
14-08-05, 12:41
We're currently recruiting French and English speaking GMs to work on both international servers (Terra and Pandore).

N

Hem, all of current french players on Pandore know the game very well.

are you saying there will be new noobs French players in the future, on any servers ? Enough to ask here for french/english speaking GMs ?

If yes, why closing pandore ?

:rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 12:43
Hem, all of current french players on Pandore know the game very well.

are you saying there will be new noobs French players in the future, on any servers ? Enough to ask here for french/english speaking GMs ?

If yes, why closing pandore ?

we should have a server for every single country!

i want an "english" server not an int one. lets have an italian one and a spanish one too... oh and a dutch and sweedish one...

lets have hundreds with about 10 players on each! thats teh win!

Tratos
14-08-05, 12:46
We still waiting for the char transfert...

Yes which is most likly going to be covered in the annoucement we're expecting.... O_o

Carbonite
14-08-05, 14:27
We're paid? :p

hehe funny... simple answer, no

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 16:24
hehe funny... simple answer, no

though you must admit its may be eventually a possibility.

theres people who do (pretty much?) only support who are paid.

i don't mean "only" in a bad way of course.

Shenyu Reza
14-08-05, 17:30
I think KK keeps his money to correct bugs in this case?

hehe funny i know...

calim
14-08-05, 18:05
we should have a server for every single country!

i want an "english" server not an int one. lets have an italian one and a spanish one too... oh and a dutch and sweedish one...

lets have hundreds with about 10 players on each! thats teh win!

ah-ah.
Anyway, you know what i mean. That's not the problem. I don't think there'will be much new french players because this is "International". So i don't understand why do they'll need poeple to do some french ingame support. Secondly, The game is NOT promoted in France.

Many of us don't play on Pandore because we are not able to speak another lang than French ! We play on Pandore because we like this way of game, the feeling.

I think that must be similar on the German server ...

And it's very easy for poeple for which their native lang is English to say that "we don't need others server than the international english one !".

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 18:11
ah-ah.
Anyway, you know what i mean. That's not the problem. I don't think there'will be much new french players because this is "International". So i don't understand why do they'll need poeple to do some french ingame support. Secondly, The game is NOT promoted in France.

Many of us don't play on Pandore because we are not able to speak another lang than French ! We play on Pandore because we like this way of game, the feeling.

I think that must be similar on the German server ...

And it's very easy for poeple for which their native lang is English to say that "we don't need others server than the international english one !".

check back. i was one of the people on the "french side" with the whole pandore thing.

however if the french actually refuse to play because there are people from other nationalities playing then i dont want them in.

french GM's will allow for support for french on the servers. this is more than many nationalities have. dutch? spanish? italian? they all have to speak german / english / french for support.

oh and by the way... people speak loads of languages on terra. people chat away on OOC in german or in dutch all the time. theres nothing to stop french being spoken on terra.

calim
14-08-05, 18:34
check back. i was one of the people on the "french side" with the whole pandore thing.

however if the french actually refuse to play because there are people from other nationalities playing then i dont want them in.

french GM's will allow for support for french on the servers. this is more than many nationalities have. dutch? spanish? italian? they all have to speak german / english / french for support.

oh and by the way... people speak loads of languages on terra. people chat away on OOC in german or in dutch all the time. theres nothing to stop french being spoken on terra.

NC what not thought for that. As you can see players can't create their own channels. Best, there is no French channel. There is not Spanish channel. So the problem is just moved ! We can see german, english, spanish on the same channel, and it's very difficult to follow, it's the mess.

For me the INT server could be a great thing, if the chat system was first be thought for international use...

We don't complain because we have to join "strangers", we complain because we can't regroup like we want.

Shenyu Reza
14-08-05, 18:38
if the french actually refuse to play because there are people from other nationalities playing then i dont want them in.

I'm happy to change server and to have a lot of ppl to fight, there's just some ppl (we have a list of this "extremist" guys) and they're kos, we can't do better but there's others men who's not happy cuz Pandore had HIS background (Lion Reza dead, Sharlene Monroe presidente, vampire, etc...) I'm in this case, we can't do this in an other server and that's too bad :(

sorry my english ^^

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 18:41
yeah i know that pandore was so different and so much more RP orientated.

if AD would run terra, and kk would run the PvP server i would fully support that.

and while i agree that an addition of a chat group or something similar would be good... but we do have the buddy system. its not perfect but its what we got.

you gotta decide if you wanna stay or not.

calim
14-08-05, 18:50
yeah i know that pandore was so different and so much more RP orientated.

if AD would run terra, and kk would run the PvP server i would fully support that.

and while i agree that an addition of a chat group or something similar would be good... but we do have the buddy system. its not perfect but its what we got.

you gotta decide if you wanna stay or not.

We gotta decide *how* we wanna stay !

The buddy system, that's a mess too. Sorry, i'm not positive, but it's the fact. You probably saw it yourself ...

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 18:56
We gotta decide *how* we wanna stay !

The buddy system, that's a mess too. Sorry, i'm not positive, but it's the fact. You probably saw it yourself ...

yeah. it wouldnt be so bad if you could add an account to the buddy system... but theres much better chat systems out there.

Xylaz
15-08-05, 14:32
what day is today hmm?

isnt it 15th? nah, it cant be...

Xylaz
16-08-05, 11:38
its 16th today, hmm.... is it "middle of august" yet?

Nidhogg
16-08-05, 11:48
The information will be posted when it's ready. Spamming this thread won't make it come any faster.

N

Morganth
16-08-05, 11:50
The information will be posted when it's ready. Spamming this thread won't make it come any faster.

N

True, but its a reminder that we are still waiting for the information to arrive on a deadline that, if set, wouldn't be stuck to.

Neally
16-08-05, 12:00

N

Don't really need to know how will be the transfert myself, not even When. I'd Really like to know how much time from the anouncement to the DB flash (if it's how reakktor will make it) ?

Xylaz
16-08-05, 14:16
its obvious the information will come on a famous "when its done" basis... Its just that i would like, at least once in a lifetime, to somehow force KK to keep their promises, to keep their words, to do what they have obliged to do, to be responsible - at least once - for their actions...

Such time will probably never come, but it wont hurt to try...

Seraphin[69]
16-08-05, 14:39
Woops,

We apologize for all pandore players but one of our trainee just click on the "flush database with commit" button.
Sadly, all our backup have been destroyed after he fall asleep smoking a cigar in the storage room, which lighted on a fire. We also apologize for the fire protection system that should have been able to deal with that fire, but the bill was supposed to be paid by pandore's accounts, but as a lot of people already canceled, unluckily wasn't enought money.

Anyway, we now have a full cluster ready for the PVP server.

Feel free to send a mail at omgIgotpwned@nihocron.com, so we can manage to equip you with a TL25 weapon of your choice on Terra and give you 500K credits for a better start.

Regards,
-------------------------------------------------------
Now seriously, give us some informations on what's sure to be transfered and what's not !

Neally
16-08-05, 15:15
sex :p

Seraphin[69]
17-08-05, 09:28
More seriously, we are lacking some informations !

Brammers
18-08-05, 12:21
2 days after the last patch... And the news?

Speedball
18-08-05, 12:22
So how is our status ?

-Fucked
-Pwned
-Dead
-Banned

???

Nidhogg
18-08-05, 12:38
Yes we've passed the middle of the month and the answers aren't yet forthcoming but as I said earlier, the information will be posted as soon as we know what it is. Please, no more "are we there yet?" posts.

N

Jerto
18-08-05, 12:48
You did not meet the deadline, you did not even warn that there would be some delay. You did not "apologize for any inconvenience" as you are supposed to do as you're dealing with customers.
So you can't blame people for being upset.
Try and communicate more, try and meet your deadlines, try and respect your customers and then everyone will be happy.
Until then, you just make people upset.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-08-05, 12:51
People will be upset with KK even if they told the truth and met every deadline

Toxen
18-08-05, 12:52
Aye thats a point Pandores populace aren't used to terras customer service, boy are they in for a suprise. No Offence to anyone on terra's support team.

Bugs Gunny
18-08-05, 12:54
It must truly suck doing nidhogg's job.
There's nothing he can do about it, but it's true.
KK has one of the worst possible attitudes towards their customers and they hardly ever live up to their promises.

Seraphin[69]
18-08-05, 13:19

Sure, but we just don't want to see pandore turned into a PVP server before we can get our stuff out to another server !

For me that mean about 200 rare weapons, loads of rareparts, 10 appartements, 4 capped chars (tank apu ppu spy) that I deeply love !

And I'm paying for those accounts ! Try to go on a server you have no char while you have some sleeping on another and you'll understand how I feel, mostly like throwing my money away by the window...

The problem is that we are still paying our neocron subscription while KK doesn't meet the deadline. Before saying that pandore will be switched to a PVP server, we could manange to get 6% avec have fun, now it's 0%, so no use to log on.

If we could at least expect some free months of play from KK for the disagreement, I'm sure most of pandore players would wait the transfert to be ready.

Another problem is that we think, and a bit more day after day, that we're going to get scummed, loosing a lot of items etc... What make me personnaly think that ? A little thing : the citycom bug in the french version of neocron... It's been there since I started playing, so it means since the NC2 Retail : you click on INFO, you get back to windows.

The same bug affected the other servers during the last patch (141-142) and that was fixed 2 days later if not 1... from that time, french players were already NOT considered as valuable customers by KK and leftover.

So, now, I think we deserve more information, like how many people are working on the transfert, what is ready to be transfered and what is not yet.

Xylaz
18-08-05, 13:34

well, somehow i doubt its possible with KK - or at least - it did not happened for last 2 years so far...

Neally
18-08-05, 14:37
Heya,

I'd like to say what i really think about that shit, first, Reakktor should never announced a transfert. It should have started by "Alchemic Dream doesn't work anymore for Reakktor". You guys promised a transfert mid-august, we are mid-august, and there's not EVEN any informations yet.

I'm not blaming the fact there's no information, all i want is that Reakktor just TAKE THEIR TIME for working on this transfert. It's a new system to do, and so far they shouldn't give dates they aren't sure about on Public Forums as annoucements.

I fucking don't care WHEN will be the transfer, all i want is the best transfer i can get. So right now, Reakktor should STOP announcing dates of when they'll just give informations. Also informations about the transfer should be easy to get no ? I mean, Reakktor do know what they are working on ? for sure yeah, but right now, it's true no informations are mean to be given to players, as far as reakktor aren't really sure of the effectiveness of their own work.

At the moment frenchs are like stuck, also i haven't seen any French GM(s) yet. I don't know about recruiting them directly from the French Forum. it's like saying we are the only hope to save the French part of NC.

Shenyu Reza
18-08-05, 15:46
Hi guys, it's just to say

MOVE YOURE ASS

Cya :)

Dargeshaad
18-08-05, 16:09
nevermind

Toxen
18-08-05, 17:13
Welcome to terra please leave your hope at the door we only have despair in stock.

Tratos
19-08-05, 17:06
Im assuming we're not going to recieve any information untill some of the team return from the Game Convention in Germany?

Some form of status update due to it being roughly "mid-august" would always be apprechiated.

Toxen
19-08-05, 17:19
ROFL's sorry I just had the mental image of KK dev team at a convention with Neocron players... and a box of rotten tomato's and... riot police.

Morganth
19-08-05, 17:25
ROFL's sorry I just had the mental image of KK dev team at a convention with Neocron players... and a box of rotten tomato's and... riot police.

I don't think we'd get very close to them, they'd be surrounded with bodyguards that have tasers with insane range, and reduce the functionality of your nervous system by so much there is no point even trying to fight back :rolleyes:

Tostino
19-08-05, 20:54
I don't think we'd get very close to them, they'd be surrounded with bodyguards that have tasers with insane range, and reduce the functionality of your nervous system by so much there is no point even trying to fight back :rolleyes:
It's ok we have them too ;).

Girian
19-08-05, 22:57

Too bad neither KK nor 10tacle is listed as exhibitor on GC :)

Tratos
20-08-05, 13:22
Too bad neither KK nor 10tacle is listed as exhibitor on GC :)

They are :p but 10Tacle are listed with a space between 10 and Tacle, which is a bit spackered but still.

EDIT: Ok that link is shite but: go to this http://messe-av.leipziger-messe.de/index.php?page=640 and hit Exibitors, 10T should be on the first page.
i imagine some of KK are with them as i think i saw a post saying some of the guys from the officer have gone along.

Toxen
20-08-05, 18:48
I can just see the headlines now, "Game Developer Team Held Hostage, By disgruntled players until buggy game is fixed... rest of dev team panic at the impossible"..... Twenty years later.... "As we roll into this Twentieth year of the most unusual hostage senario, Release draws near as bids come in to buy the game"

Serious_Sam
21-08-05, 05:02
God dammit people, stop taking these things so PERSONALLY!!! If it happens it happens, if theres a delay then so be it. In the mean time, go masturbate to porn or something. I for one still have chars on Diablo 2 to go back to once i get one sync error too many.

Speedball
21-08-05, 11:43
God dammit people, stop taking these things so PERSONALLY!!! If it happens it happens, if theres a delay then so be it. In the mean time, go masturbate to porn or something. I for one still have chars on Diablo 2 to go back to once i get one sync error too many.

We just want reaKKtor to do what they say, or at least to say nothing.

Xylaz
22-08-05, 11:13
so, another week has passed...

any news?

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:17
so, another week has passed...

any news?

Do you want it rushed and buggy or Ready when its ready!?
This is why I mock people who pull this

Speedball
22-08-05, 11:19
Do you want it rushed and buggy or Ready when its ready!?
This is why I mock people who pull this

So why did they say we would have some info's mid august ?

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:20
So why did they say we would have some info's mid august ?Here I am being told never to expect their deadlines yet you cling to them?
Youll get it when their ready, bitching on the forums wont speed anything up

Speedball
22-08-05, 11:23
Here I am being told never to expect their deadlines yet you cling to them?
Youll get it when their ready, bitching on the forums wont speed anything up

We just want them to inform us. They promise us INFOS but now it still nothing. I don't want the transfer NOW but i just want to know WHAT they are doing, and btw, why i still pay for nc2 (if it will be soon or not).

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:26
We just want them to inform us. They promise us INFOS but now it still nothing. I don't want the transfer NOW but i just want to know WHAT they are doing, and btw, why i still pay for nc2 (if it will be soon or not).
You should know by now not to cling to KK promises

Speedball
22-08-05, 11:29
You should know by now not to cling to KK promises

It's not our problem if they did not inform us in the past. They have to do it, nothing more.
And i know it's always easy to speak when you'r not in this problem (you certainly not have all you'r chars on pandore, huh...).

calim
22-08-05, 11:38
It's not our problem if they did not inform us in the past. They have to do it, nothing more.
And i know it's always easy to speak when you'r not in this problem (you certainly not have all you'r chars on pandore, huh...).

/agree

We should be informed, at last. I don't want a transfert *NOW*, i want infos. This is the less that i can expect by paying 12 euros per month.

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:39
Meh I had the same standpoint in the Saturn fiasco at the end of NC1.

Speedball
22-08-05, 11:41
Meh I had the same standpoint in the Saturn fiasco at the end of NC1.

"Saturn" fiasco ? What was that ?

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:49
"Saturn" fiasco ? What was that ?
we lost the last month or two of NC due to a roleback, wich was alot of trading

Xylaz
22-08-05, 12:18
like many people said before me already - i dont want pvp server to be ready for today, i want some info about it (as "promised" for the mid august)...
...because as for now everything points out that its yet another fake promise to keep people hopes and accounts up.

Toxen
22-08-05, 12:23
That saturn roll back was pritty much the worst cockup of NC1/NC2 the final month before the characters would be saved for the transfer to NC2 (rember we could only take QB, Imps and Armour with u, and we hadn't been told alot of rare things such as drop only chips and trader gloves weren't going to be rare anymore in NC2) Was wiped out, and saturns were given just a week to redo everything they had in a month, Suffise to say the only happy new people to terra were the plutonian's and they weren't exactly that happy cus they'd lost their 1 slot international server. And NC2 has pritty much followed in that example of cockups, forward a month or two after the NC2 launch just prior to christmas, character database becomes corrupted leading to screwed up login details of chars, massive hairloss, crazy wigs (yes people did have doybots on their heads) Weird toned skin, Purple and Green seemed to be popular with the server. This wasn't fixed for Months and thats not an exageration, Some aspects still aren't fixed mainly the login screens showing character info on any characters created before that point have incorrect details.

Jerto
22-08-05, 12:28
The problem is not the PvP server itself.
The problem is that some people have capped chars on an empty server.
They can start new chars on another server but is it really what they want to do ?
And they pay every month for characters they cannot play.

That's why they want information.
They were supposed to be able to transfer their capped character by August 15. It was not the case.
So now they don't know how long they will have to pay without playing before the transfer is ready.

Don't answer "they can start new chars on Terra" ! Leveling a char and playing a capped one are not the same.

calim
22-08-05, 12:30
The problem is not the PvP server itself.
The problem is that some people have capped chars on an empty server.
They can start new chars on another server but is it really what they want to do ?
And they pay every month for characters they cannot play.

That's why they want information.
They were supposed to be able to transfer their capped character by August 15. It was not the case.
So now they don't know how long they will have to pay without playing before the transfer is ready.

Don't answer "they can start new chars on Terra" ! Leveling a char and playing a capped one are not the same.

/agree.

we have ass between two chairs, that's the current problem.

Tratos
22-08-05, 12:32
The German Games convention was thursday - sunday, probably the reason for the monday patch so they had a day or two to fix some of the stuff that what crackers, so with this being "mid-august-y" and the office of KK will have everyone in, im hoping for this week, the sooner the better.

Flaming etc wont make it come faster but you have to take into account other things KK does, if theres no one in the office, whos going to discuss the changes?

C'mon KK, this week please.

EDIT: When was it said character transfer would be enabled by August 15th? i have the feeling that that bit of information is fiction and a date was never set, just that more info about the PvP server + character transfer would come "mid-august"

Jerto
22-08-05, 12:40
EDIT: When was it said character transfer would be enabled by August 15th? i have the feeling that that bit of information is fiction and a date was never set, just that more info about the PvP server + character transfer would come "mid-august"
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1840469&postcount=1

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 12:41
I wonder what that is in english <.<

Jerto
22-08-05, 12:44
I wonder what that is in english <.<
Read the first post of the thread for the English version.

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 12:49
Wheres the date?

Jerto
22-08-05, 12:50
mid august... :wtf:

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 12:53
You said August 15th

Speedball
Wheres the date?

hum ok

the debut of the PvP server will be in mid August

C'est de la mauvaise foi la...

Dargeshaad
Which could be anywhere from 10-20th of August in my book at least....allthough that time has passed as well :lol:

Tratos
22-08-05, 12:59

Which isn't by all means of using the imagination the 15th of august and notice that post doesnt say char transfer will happen there, simply that we'll know whats happening for character transfers.

Jerto
22-08-05, 12:59
You said August 15th
ROFL, ok you're smart !
I have to admit that I did not specify the year neither.
Are we all speaking about 2005 or is it 2006, 2007 or later ?