PDA

View Full Version : ppu para

THE_TICK!!!!
11-07-05, 18:59
ive been thinkin allot on this, and what if.......instead of insane amounts of mana usage, since with boosters it matters little, what if the spell ITSELF had to regenerate ? say you use para and then the spell turns red for a certain amount of time ? would that help at all...let me know what ya'll think.

Jesterthegreat
11-07-05, 20:17
if this were possible... and if it were possible to make it happen to all para at the same time then it would certainly improve matters.

kind of like the way SI stops loms, using para changes a hidden stat and all para is unusable until the timer is up.

Morganth
11-07-05, 20:54
Para should just knock out your psi pool completely, and the effect on the recipient should be that they get no stamina for a fixed time (so stam boosters wouldn't work). That way you can still turn around, but you'll be walking at a crawl. Or something along those lines.

Freaky Fryd
11-07-05, 22:15
Morg, that would definitely be a workaround that I could deal with. Yes, the slowdown with para is annoying, but the effect on aiming is what I really hate.

Morganth
11-07-05, 22:22
Morg, that would definitely be a workaround that I could deal with. Yes, the slowdown with para is annoying, but the effect on aiming is what I really hate.

Yeah, thats what I really hate. I can take a fair number of hits standing still (I have to at the mo in order for my PPU to rebuff me with this runcast nerf), so it would be ok in that sense.

Skusty
12-07-05, 11:30
Why not leave it as it is and give spys copbot rifles that gives the ubershock? :D

THE_TICK!!!!
12-07-05, 13:37
well i firmly believe that para HAS a use in this game, Thats why i came up with this idea. Just to try and keep para spam to a minimum. I was thinking that the spell itself has to recharge. It would turn red like spells do without a glove, and then yellow and then back to normal when ready to cast again. i think the reliance on para would diminish. With this feature, But a PPU could use it to escape or some such if needed.

hegemon
12-07-05, 13:50
Para spamming is one of the more important tools for killing ppus.

Riddle
12-07-05, 14:46
well i firmly believe that para HAS a use in this game, Thats why i came up with this idea. Just to try and keep para spam to a minimum. I was thinking that the spell itself has to recharge. It would turn red like spells do without a glove, and then yellow and then back to normal when ready to cast again. i think the reliance on para would diminish. With this feature, But a PPU could use it to escape or some such if needed.

Para does have a role in this game my thoughts exactly.

All these whine's get a bit lame, however this is a good suggestion.
A cooldown period whilst keeping the spell in game might alleviate some peoples whines, winges, boo hoos, yadda yaddas...Para Posts ;)

But could it be done? theres the real question :lol:

bounty
12-07-05, 16:52
Not a bad idea, I like it. I like removal better, but this isn't a bad idea.

Jesterthegreat
12-07-05, 19:06
All these whine's get a bit lame

the second i see a comment with any negativity from you... on any subject... i will quote you on this.

Original monk
12-07-05, 19:22
Why not leave it as it is and give spys copbot rifles that gives the ubershock? :D

copbotrifle back ingame .. same damage/tl/etc ... YES !

ubershock ? NOPEZ ! heck they should remove shocks by mellee and spells also :)

Skusty
12-07-05, 21:03
copbotrifle back ingame .. same damage/tl/etc ... YES !

ubershock ? NOPEZ ! heck they should remove shocks by mellee and spells also :)
let shock bethere so we get a chance runing around with our fl / hl and kill the monks :D

THE_TICK!!!!
13-07-05, 09:40
lol hosers, this is about the idea, dont get off subject, sooo watcha think ?

Original monk
13-07-05, 09:44
lol hosers, this is about the idea, dont get off subject, sooo watcha think ?

the timeout on itself is a good idea, tough they still better remove it, or if you really want a timeout ... let it take 200 years

Lifewaster
13-07-05, 09:58
Cooldown is a very cool concept , if they add it to the game it could be used to balance many of the outstanding probs , para/db/stealth/apus etc etc .... all could get varying cooldown times.

Cooldown would also add more aiming skill requirements to monks , since a miss would mean having to wait cooldown to try again etc....

Very good idea