PDA

View Full Version : Merge of servers?

spanz
11-07-05, 12:06
Recently i've returned to playin nc2 after like 6months break. This game is the only one which have this "something" to offer which makes it worth of playing even with all this bugs crashes etc etc. But to the point.

This game is created/designed for more players on the server at one time. Just look at space of DoY or NC. All cafes , "city centers" are like cementary. Actually it was 1st thing i saw while i returned to game. Cities looks like desert. If you meet 2-3 ppl you can say "wow its crowded here" , sad but true.

1 thing i dont understand why to upkeep 4 servers while you can upkeep 2 , with better service of GM , more events , higher avalibility of tradeskillers etc etc.

My point is , why not to merge 4 slot servers into one. I know one of it is german etc , solution is pretty simple , just add some more language channels and it will be ok. On the other hand english is now really well known language so ppl wont have problems to communicate each other.

This coudl give us a fresh breath , like jump from the bottom where nc2 coudl be in near future. Im not sayin this game dieing or similiar whine. It just coudl be better. ALOT better.

No idea is there technical problems to make such operation , but latest news , character import from nc1 , item tracking giving me rights to think its possible. Of course there woudl be some problems after all for sure , but if this coudl help community and make game more intresting i woudl be up for it.

Just an idea after monday morning as prolly one of 3 active runners in DoY

Discuss , and please keep monks whine away from this thread

yours,

FarSight
11-07-05, 12:16
Agree ... one 4 slots server and one 1 or 2 slots pvp (no le no safezones) server pls (dunno what bout Pandore o_O).
And bout language it can be german (i dont know german at all but if you will make server with 50%+ peak time i can learn german)

Mechanicus
11-07-05, 12:17
i would love it but it wont happen

RogerRamjet
11-07-05, 12:25
If you go to mars or mercury plaza is always crowded...

Brammers
11-07-05, 13:39
Yet Another Merge Servers Thread. And the answer from me, quite simply no.

Also it's hard to consider Pandore when it's managed by a employed GM team, and with this PvP server in the works....well it feels a little pointless at the moment until KK sort out the PvP server.

Dr Strange
11-07-05, 14:03
my vote would be yes

we'd simply quadruple our population onto one server, and of course support would have to be offered in the three major languages KK/AD currently offers

rather play with guys that don't speak my language than log into a ghost town

Riddle
11-07-05, 14:09
Sounds fine in principal. Would always like more people fro trading, PvP.

But could this really be done? Database merge may throw out some issues aswell as the obvious language barrier.

I have met a few french people who have moved on their own to Terra due to the ever increasingly low populations on their server. Maybe a forced relocation in the form of a merger wouldn't go down that badly as long as they could move chars and stuff.

spanz
11-07-05, 14:16
Also it's hard to consider Pandore when it's managed by a employed GM team, and with this PvP server in the works....well it feels a little pointless at the moment until KK sort out the PvP server.

this is what i dont understand with company politics , what is here to decide?

make a meeting put simple question YES/NO and viola. If only everythin coudl be so easy :(

ArgieD
11-07-05, 14:22
I am all in for a merge in order to boost current populations..

However, what happens when people from different servers share the same names?

Nullvoid
11-07-05, 14:29
bigger population gets a thumbs up from me.

Make:

1 slot international
4 slot international

the only choices available to us.

imper1um
11-07-05, 15:39
I would go for this:

1. Two Servers- One PvP (no safezones) /w 1 slot. One Server with 4 Slots (+12, explained next).

2. For the merge, all servers would merge into one large one. All characters can be kept, but players can only create characters as long as they have less than 4 characters made. So, if someone had 4 chars on all 4 servers, they would effectively have 16 characters, but they wouldn't be able to make another until they hit 3 characters.

3. If a player wanted to, he can fully merge his stats and inventory into another character, as long as he has 5 or more characters, and the character types were compatible. What would happen is ALL of the XP would be added to the character he is merging with, ALL of the quickbar, inventory, GoGo, armor and implants would be added to the character he is merging with. Anything that would not fit (quickbar full, GoGo full, armor/implants full) would drop into the inventory.

4. The PvP Server would allow character transfers, not copies. You can transfer INTO the server, but not out of the server. Which means if you want to transfer another character, you need to delete the character on the PvP Server and then transfer the character.

5. Channels would be made for different languages, and pretty much would be combined. These would be the channels:

OOC-GER, OOC-FRE, OOC-ENG
TRADE-GER, TRADE-FRE, TRADE-ENG
HELP-GER, HELP-FRE, HELP-ENG
FACTION
ALLIANCE-GER, ALLIANCE-FRE, ALLIANCE-ENG
LOCAL
CLAN
DIRECT
TEAM

That's all the channels we would ever need anyway.

Scanner Darkly
11-07-05, 16:46
We all want higher pops, I'd rather this came about by higher investment in publicity or 'weblicity', but if the only way we can get a higher number of players on a 4 slot server is to merge, then I am for...

spanz
11-07-05, 17:04
adding neocron client and trial distribution to most popular game sites vide fileplanet , gamershell woudl get a boost of players but it also cost alot.

Imo main reason is neocron just looks as i looks and not everyone likes it. Secondly promotion also, when i talk to friends about games they are really excited bout battle grounds at WoW or pure pvp fast xp game such as GW , and when im tellin them neocron have all this features and even more since 2 years they are like "what is neocron?"

Community can do ALOT but company need to do 1st step

edit: some of my friends gets like 3-4 crashes just after creating character and was like "how do im supposed to play this game"

Lots od problems and also lots of possibilities layin in this game and i still like it

krynstone
12-07-05, 15:14
I have been gone a long time now and I have to say.....the entire time I was gone I missed my neocrack. There really is "something there" that I just love about neocron. I think it has to do with how immersive the game is. I love the storyline and the content. I have not found a better game. I dislike some of the bugs etc but man....I can live with them because I can't stand to not play Neocron. I've played WoW and GW and the difference is that in NC the PvP is part of the storyline. I love pure PvP and that's what I have UT2K4 for.....but the RP in GW isn't all that great and the PvP comes nowhere near UT2K4. WoW is just missing so much ambient environment. I mean come-on Neocron has bars and real estate and random foods and sewers and....Well you get the idea. I'n my opinion no other game comes close. I like the constant struggle between DoY and Neocron and how you can be just about any character you want. It's totally awesome.

krynstone
12-07-05, 15:15
Oh yeah...that all was related to the community thing. I think we really need to get together:). Tell your friends how awesome NC is etc.

BloodLetting
12-07-05, 16:50
I think this is a great idea Merge the servers and create a few new language channels...Wow what a population would do!
I have heard of communities promoting the games they love; making web pages...etc: