PDA

View Full Version : learning german/french

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 00:32
kk u all post to slow, not enough to read and comment on, apart from a crappy translation of babel fish how hard u think it will be to learn enough french/german to understand what they say on the tuther froums,

i wana argue in other languages :D any resorces online with wich i can power learn another language. im quite intelegent :P (says me) n usualy learn fast :D

any links would be apriciated

Dargeshaad
11-07-05, 01:15
try improving your english skills before you start on another language, and no that wasn't a flame but an actual suggestion since it's in my experience a good idea to have a good linguistic foundation before moving on to other languages

and if you really want to "power learn" german and french i'd suggest you get familiar with the fundamental gramatical rules and glossaries and simply log on to mars/merc or pandore and try making conversations

Philchow
11-07-05, 01:22
Found this with Google:

http://www.jump-gate.com/languages/french/
http://library.thinkquest.org/12447/

If you need help, feel free to ask. :D

Edit: Btw, french on Nc boards is not that hard to understand, you'll be able to communicate with us soon. Only problem is people speaking (well, writing) with SMS style ... 8|

Neally
11-07-05, 01:30
CvréCa YaDéJoueurs ki svt po prlé normlment c dingue sa

Philchow
11-07-05, 01:31

Took me 1 minute to understand :P

<3 Neally

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 01:51
try improving your english skills before you start on another language, and no that wasn't a flame but an actual suggestion since it's in my experience a good idea to have a good linguistic foundation before moving on to other languages

and if you really want to "power learn" german and french i'd suggest you get familiar with the fundamental gramatical rules and glossaries and simply log on to mars/merc or pandore and try making conversations

its not my english its my typing and spelling i cant do, my grasp of the english language is more than adiquate and my vocabluary is vast, i am mearly a shitty typer and dislexia means my brain aint thinking about where the letters go

Found this with Google:

http://www.jump-gate.com/languages/french/
http://library.thinkquest.org/12447/

If you need help, feel free to ask. :D

Edit: Btw, french on Nc boards is not that hard to understand, you'll be able to communicate with us soon. Only problem is people speaking (well, writing) with SMS style ... 8|

exactly thats what im thinking, if you wernt fluent in english you woudlnt understand half the garbel i type because its well, rubbish realy lol, but if u can speak english well you can work your way though it, i have no doubt i could learn to speak french or german, japanise wernt to hard, but typing it... its gona be realy hard for sumbody like me. i think if i try ill prolly beable to read it, but then id have to reply in enlish =] u can just imagine the flames id get

Philchow
11-07-05, 02:01
i think if i try ill prolly beable to read it, but then id have to reply in enlish =] u can just imagine the flames id get

If you're not able to write in French but can understand it, then you can reply in english even on french boards, there'll always be someone to translate you. This already happened, so it's ok. Regarding the flames, just ignore them.

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 02:05
mmm summin about players not speaking normaly, n doesnt dingue mean sumin like crazie or nutcase or bizare or sumin like that

Philchow
11-07-05, 02:08
mmm summin about players not speaking normaly

Yeah;

Bad: CvréCa YaDéJoueurs ki svt po prlé normlment c dingue sa.

Good: C'est vrai ça, il y a des joueurs qui ne savent pas parler normalement c'est dingue ça.

:angel:

Edit: Don't worry, cool thing is you won't be able to speak french SMS style, it's harder than "normal" french in my opinion. :p

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 02:11
Yeah;

Bad: CvréCa YaDéJoueurs ki svt po prlé normlment c dingue sa.

Good: C'est vrai ça, il y a des joueurs qui ne savent pas parler normalement c'est dingue ça.

:angel:
ah sumin like its "true, theres players that cant speak it normaly" like the way i write english.

one sec let me get my bable fish =]

"It is true that, there are players who cannot speak it normally is nutcase that"

-=edit=- kinda understandable withough being writen as correct french, you cn like, pick up the jist

Philchow
11-07-05, 02:15
Right, but you can write french with "good" word's contractions (but there's really few in french) as in english (can not/can't, he is/he's, etc) and write french as a 12 years old guy on his cell phone which is truly uncorrect and misunderstandable. Then, this young guy gonna write like that in School and that's sad. :(

PS: Correct me if my english is bad. ^^

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 02:17
Right, but you can write french with "good" word's contractions as in english and write french as a 12 years old guy on his cell phone which is truly uncorrect and misunderstandable.

PS: Correct me if my english is bad. ^^

meh ur english makes more sence than mine. it would me much easier if i could just leave voice messages on the fourm lol

Philchow
11-07-05, 02:19
meh ur english makes more sence than mine. it would me much easier if i could just leave voice messages on the fourm lol

You'll be scared by my accent. I'm doing my best though. :D

nobby
11-07-05, 14:46
just get "Pimsleurs french or German"

I learned my Japanese that way, was great!

Jesterthegreat
11-07-05, 19:40
i got a german for dummies book (god praise the americans :p) but i havent even looked at it.

considering learning esperanto though.

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 21:15
dont need french anymore :D pandoras gona die :D pitty mind maby they should get AD to gm over pandora pvp server, that would be good :P