PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on in H08?

CMaster
10-07-05, 19:00
What the topic says. Its full of York troopers/sergeants/commanders, Cyborg CG308s, Hoverbombers and DoY bots...

Asatru
10-07-05, 19:15
Sounds like a big battle brewing, doy attacking to get TH back???? Also in G 08 in the SW sector there were like 10 or more Hover bomber type mobs 100 - 120s. seem like there is a building up of troops by DOY for a major offensive.

SEAL

Superbron
10-07-05, 19:42
What the topic says. Its full of York troopers/sergeants/commanders, Cyborg CG308s, Hoverbombers and DoY bots...Cyborg CG308S? :confused: *rushes out to H* to take a look*

Jesterthegreat
10-07-05, 19:44
no idea... but the storyline starting up again in a big event would be good.

CMaster
10-07-05, 19:47
Cyborg CG308S? :confused: *rushes out to H* to take a look*
Well, we killed the all save a bout 4 DoY bots but maybe they respawn.

Tratos
10-07-05, 20:03
what the hell are the CG cyborg things?

-FN-
10-07-05, 20:21
All I read is 'blah blah blah'...

I want SCREENSHOTS! :p

CMaster
10-07-05, 20:51
<<Is famous(well, ish) for NC screenshots. I was wrong, they are "GD" cyborgs. Not lootable, btw.

Dr Strange
10-07-05, 21:02
<<Is famous(well, ish) for NC screenshots. I was wrong, they are "GD" cyborgs. Not lootable, btw.

k the name zangief is just funny, too many sf2 flashbacks heh..

but that last screen is hilarious. for some reason it reminds me of that one shot in I-Robot where Sunny is on the hill ready to lead the rest of the leftover Robots into their own civilization. Yet, you managed to just like kill him in a blaze of fire and he's screaming a Vader type "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :lol:

Njall
10-07-05, 21:23
Same situations in F8-F10 and G8-G10.
Btw, there is a lot of arachnids between El Farid and Escador and Scarry terror mauler at Escador. I don't remember they were there before the patch.

Tratos
10-07-05, 21:51
Oddness O_o Perhaps there will be some story soon enough :p

Skusty
10-07-05, 22:19
Oddness O_o Perhaps there will be some story soon enough :p
" KK got bored and spawned some mechanic mobs outside th to make athread come with questions and guesses to make it more exiting? "

Mr Kot
10-07-05, 23:42
.....or finally, they made the seldom visited areas of the wastelands worth hunting in again? Mid level DOY ppl would have a field day hunting the lvl 50 cyborgs. I've noticed a large increase in low level mobs around the DoY gates too. Mainly snakes and wolves etc. but at least lvl 10s venturing outside for the first time will have something to get their teeth into... other than a grim persecutor.

Tratos
11-07-05, 00:46
New Question:

WTF is happening in OZ Station? :p

Dirus
11-07-05, 08:36
H_08 and the rest of the zones are now using the Spawn groups that they were originally intended to use from the start of NC2.

sultana
11-07-05, 11:42
CMaster, you have the strangest belt setup I have ever seen O_o :rolleyes:

But do they uber-doy bots have to be there? Half the time the just attack other mobs. Also can we have more *** mobs spawns closer to nc :D

Mr Kot
11-07-05, 13:00
Also can we have more *** mobs spawns closer to nc :D

I can't see that happening... and for good reason. Some planfile ages ago mentioned that the worldwide distribution of mobs was to ensure a gradual increase in difficulty of mob strength corresponding to the distance from each city. Zones closest to NC and DoY would have the weakest mobs, with the strongest and most fearsome at the "equator".

This makes sense to me, as new runners would have some idea of what opposition they are likely to encounter given their progress across the map.

[TgR]KILLER
11-07-05, 13:13
but mr kot it aint really as that is atm. right ouside doy entrances you can find worm and doy tunnels with loads of high level mobs.

i don't mind the city getting a high level cave outside nc. a/b grid lines.

CMaster
11-07-05, 14:07
CMaster, you have the strangest belt setup I have ever seen O_o :rolleyes:

But do they uber-doy bots have to be there? Half the time the just attack other mobs. Also can we have more *** mobs spawns closer to nc :D

PvE belt setup. My PvP one is somewhat differnt, but you'd probably find that one strange too. Its just the way its kinda evolved, having learned PPUing essentially as I went along.

Riddle
11-07-05, 14:13
PvE belt setup. My PvP one is somewhat differnt, but you'd probably find that one strange too. Its just the way its kinda evolved, having learned PPUing essentially as I went along.

and if you should be attacked whilst in PvE setup?

I always use practically the same setup just in case ;)

And never carry the rez in me quickbelt but you live and learn. You should just blank it out before you post screenies to avoid abuse :D

Tratos
11-07-05, 16:47
H_08 and the rest of the zones are now using the Spawn groups that they were originally intended to use from the start of NC2.

Why? it seems a little odd for the DoYs to be so close to the neural techhaven.

And what are those cyborg things....

CMaster
11-07-05, 17:14
Where is that quote from? Wait, I see. Hmm, so H08 is now a no-go zone from pro cityadmin too? Yay....

sultana
11-07-05, 17:18
I just find it strange cause you have your s and d split by another spell, and your primes are in some strange, strange order :lol:

I find it strange enough when smurf plays on my accounts and splits my shields with a booster :rolleyes: (Or when I log on his, whatever).

Mr Kot, as killer said, the entrances to doy have the graves and aparation tunnel entrances merely a couple of zones away, el farid aswell (though nc does get point red storage, el faird is better though imo) not too mention the odd firemob spawn and the doy tunnel entrances.

MB has the warbots. And some swampcaves.

NC really doesn't have very much in the way of *** spawns. Hell, I'd love a couple of warbot zones (if not warbots some other/new mob). Or even a caves of some sort, like say a swamp caves near by, or even a grave. Even though it would never happen, I would love to see a chaose cave in either the a or b lines.

The map is still roughly organised for high level mobs spawns more towards the north, then the south.

Mr Kot
11-07-05, 18:09
KILLER']but mr kot it aint really as that is atm. right ouside doy entrances you can find worm and doy tunnels with loads of high level mobs.

i don't mind the city getting a high level cave outside nc. a/b grid lines.
I was referring to the mobs on the surface.. i.e. the ones you would have to walk past on route from city to city. You're right about NC needing more dungeons nearby. There are the storage rooms at Point Red, Sherman Bay and Calida village, but that's about it until you hit the swamps further north.
I wouldn't mind seeing some new content in the cliff line / coast sectors.

Underwater caving, anyone? ;)

Mr Kot, as killer said, the entrances to doy have the graves and aparation tunnel entrances merely a couple of zones away, el farid aswell (though nc does get point red storage, el faird is better though imo) not too mention the odd firemob spawn and the doy tunnel entrances.

MB has the warbots. And some swampcaves.

NC really doesn't have very much in the way of *** spawns. Hell, I'd love a couple of warbot zones (if not warbots some other/new mob). Or even a caves of some sort, like say a swamp caves near by, or even a grave. Even though it would never happen, I would love to see a chaose cave in either the a or b lines.

The map is still roughly organised for high level mobs spawns more towards the north, then the south.
Again, i was referring to the north/south divide between DoY / NC with the F sectors as the "equator" where the hardest mobs are meant to be. I'll have to look again as to where this original quote came from. I'm not sure whether MB was taken into account with this "distance from cities" thing. MB is a long way away from both cities, so the plan still fits here. Perhaps the "equator" of hard mobs isn't meant to run exactly east-west, but maybe from the east of the map, then running in an upwards curve to the north-west. I dunno.

Tratos
11-07-05, 18:13
Id say the equator was from MG to TG canyon straight through TH as they were home to the "more nails to start as" factions in NC1.

Mr Kot
11-07-05, 18:15
Id say the equator was from MG to TG canyon straight through TH as they were home to the "more nails to start as" factions in NC1.

That's true. In NC1, the faction selector screen did say that City Mercs and Fallen Angels were "only recommended for experienced players".

Hmm.. i think it still does...

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 18:48
thats a nice pvm setup imo, i also split my shelter and deflecter up by my heal but my holy heal is erm very slotted =] so its in slot one shelter is in bottom slot and deflector in second slot,

Dargeshaad
11-07-05, 19:07
Which made sense back before NC2, but now it's just plain retarded

Dirus
11-07-05, 19:22
There is still a few missing spawn groups south of TH, problem atm is a lack of NC biased(cyborgs ect being more a DoY type mob) high level mobs to place there.

The cave/grave type areas closer to NC isues also known. Personally I'd like to see a CRP type area added to the south west area.

Jesterthegreat
11-07-05, 19:29
odd belt setups are made less odd by binding a secondary key to the corrisponding QB slot.

i have S / D in 6 / 7... but i also have 6 / 7 set up as Q / E for easy use.

i also have 8 / 9 with secondary keys of Z / C so i can access anti spells (PPU) or medikits (PE) with ease.

oh and my heal has to be slot 2 (its what i'm used to) and DB in slot 5 (ditto). tend to leave anti para in slot 4 (its my stealth when out of combat or anti DB when duelling key).

slot 1 is para / weapon.

0 is a prime, 3 is a stam / psi booster.

1: offensive
2: heal
3: booster
4: anti para / anti drug / stealth
5: DB
6 / q: shelt
7 / e: def
8 / Z: medi / anti DB
9 / C: medi / anti poison (dont need anti poison really... but best to have it incase)
0: prime

Tratos
11-07-05, 19:37
There is still a few missing spawn groups south of TH, problem atm is a lack of NC biased(cyborgs ect being more a DoY type mob) high level mobs to place there.

The cave/grave type areas closer to NC isues also known. Personally I'd like to see a CRP type area added to the south west area.

Lets hope you can beat the guys at the office into submission then ;) :) Hmm... would it be possible for the community to suggest a pile of ideas for NC friendly mobs to be created then placed?

Mr Kot
11-07-05, 23:00
would it be possible for the community to suggest a pile of ideas for NC friendly mobs to be created then placed?

ok, i'll start :)

Biotech Industries have finally perfected their modifications to the Ceres Cyborg chip. Once all the renegade Y-reps in C-11 and C-12 have been rounded up *cue event* they are reimplanted with the new improved chips which activate their target recognition systems. *cue patch* Y-Replicants are now "true" replicants of the York troopers / sergeants / commanders in that they only target anti-NC factions. Further improvements to the cyborgs' AI means they now patrol the southern sectors of the map (á là DoY bot style - zoneline camping included :D ) instead of standing there twirling. *cue overnight stock-x value tripling for Biotech Industries*

ZoVoS
11-07-05, 23:44
*cue overnight stock-x value tripling for Biotech Industries*

*invests heavily in stock x*

damit better be implimented or the biotech stocks get reinbursed and the money in spent on a bounty :D

hehe great idea actualy, does even it up alot

Xylaz
11-07-05, 23:45
yeah cool idea, i like it

-FN-
19-07-05, 19:25
So... yeah.

I just visited h_08 for the first time myself. Just gotta say, and I realize that Lupus realizes this problem and can only hope the rest of KK does asap, it's pretty damn shitty that Anti-City has a whole zone of 90/90, 100/100, 110/110, and 120/120 mobs that are protected by their very own DoY Bots. They also have the Graves, CRP Caves, TG Canyon Caves, MC5... :rolleyes:

Pro-City has what, Point Red? :lol:

I'm starting to believe this 'Pro-City is shafted' movement... Why doesn't NC have any zones with COPBOTs roaming like DoY does with the DoY Bots? O_o

Kozmos
19-07-05, 21:19
So... yeah.

I just visited h_08 for the first time myself. Just gotta say, and I realize that Lupus realizes this problem and can only hope the rest of KK does asap, it's pretty damn shitty that Anti-City has a whole zone of 90/90, 100/100, 110/110, and 120/120 mobs that are protected by their very own DoY Bots. They also have the Graves, CRP Caves, TG Canyon Caves, MC5... :rolleyes:

Pro-City has what, Point Red? :lol:

I'm starting to believe this 'Pro-City is shafted' movement... Why doesn't NC have any zones with COPBOTs roaming like DoY does with the DoY Bots? O_o

pro does, just the STORMbots are in the middle of nowhere standing still...

Tratos
19-07-05, 22:06
pro does, just the STORMbots are in the middle of nowhere standing still...

Like DoY has its DoY Guardians (118/118) at stations like the STORM bots so DoY are still up with 2 protective units types/strategies to one.

Toxen
21-07-05, 16:06
Aye either way you look at it and no matter how much you anti cities whine that you can't actually get something... very few items now.. thinking only fsm items so doesn't count. Anit-City has the advantage item wise, territorial wise, support wise.

I'm quiet convinced now that by christmas that anti-city will be in control of the city and current city factions will be thrown out into the wastes.. (regeants legacy anyone) but ofcourse once that goals been acomplished by anti city the story will flip and city forces will be on the offensive and anticity will be the ones under oppression. As anticity would have to take up production that they currently steal from procity factions otherwise their entire infastructure would collapse.

a4nic8er
13-08-05, 08:00
I can't see that happening... and for good reason. Some planfile ages ago mentioned that the worldwide distribution of mobs was to ensure a gradual increase in difficulty of mob strength corresponding to the distance from each city. Zones closest to NC and DoY would have the weakest mobs, with the strongest and most fearsome at the "equator".

This makes sense to me, as new runners would have some idea of what opposition they are likely to encounter given their progress across the map.
LMFAO. Create two noob characters (one Pro, one Anti) drive them to Tech Haven as passengers in rhino. Run the Anti to the gates of NC on foot, then try running the Pro to the gates of DoY. Sure the Anti will have to go around a few mobs and may even die a couple of times before you succeed, but the Pro will NEVER make it.

And why is it that the BIOTECH antigamma bones which were supposedly created to counter DoY weapons can only be bought in one Anti-controlled place in NC, yet are sold at EVERY bone vendor in DoY?