PDA

View Full Version : In the abscence of New Content

CMaster
10-07-05, 14:22
A lot of the community is after new content, especially high level stuff. A lot of newbies want something to do other than farming aggies (there is plenty, but people don't see it). The reality is though, that many see certain fixes (possibly accuraltey) more importnat than new content, and KKs small dev team means that what they can add normall takes about 30 minutes to experience it all. However, there is something that can be done as a kind of filler: Send the EGM team out every day/night.
There may be a need to recruit train more EGMs, but if something is going on every night, thats going to make NC more vibrant and interesting. It doesnt need to be something that can involve everyone each night. One day ould be a mob spawn (with some specific task asigned to the runners). The next could require tradeskillers to perfomr task. After that it could be a PvP event. Then something for the newbies. Maybe following that a few major clans are asigned a task. And so on. I realise it would require a substantial amount of work, but like I say, prehapps some more EGM recruits, or some kind of addition reward for the team. And several of the events could be just little things. But it would just make the game far more interesting if you knew that every day, something would be happening and maybe you could get involved. It makes the lack of content seem less importnatn, when stuff is always being done with existing content.
Oh, and if some ideas for events are necessary, I can probably come up with a weeks worth (like I said, they don't need to be anything clever), and there are some far more inventive people in this community than me.

Tickles
10-07-05, 14:39
Lol, i suppose you'd want to be one, but you've helped alot and already done events so I'd be behind your recruitment as an EGM

CMaster
10-07-05, 14:50
Too young, according to KKs rules. Not sure I'd have the dedication for it either, but I do quite like the sound of the job sometimes.

LTA
10-07-05, 14:54
I wanna see different events tho

I know most are mob spawn based ones or pvp

But things like GM in STORM uniforms infiltrating doy and fighting on the streets, gms trying to spur up both sides into waring.

gms as ncpd with rhinos and apcs moving as a convo across the land for abushes, tg trying to transport weaponary. spawnin is all well n fun but Mob ai is a bit hmmm uncontrolable if u get my meanin but fighting intellegent copbots or intellegent doy soldiers (by intellegent i mean human of course ;) )

The GMs should go on Pandore and look at what they do when i was last there, they had alsorts happenin, lotta faction specific stuff like crahn for instance had to locate n kill a scorpian but he moved around a lot and they had to search into it. Crahns main Clan leader even had a special rp item the dagger of crahn nothing much but the overall feel it created was much better

I have loads of ideas but chances of me being allowed to be a Gm = 0 (coz i am a bit bitter like) and i would post em but pros be told it aint viable cant be done not enough of this that n the other so dunno tho i would've have loved the chance at being part of the event team and being able to contribute and be a active part instead of just being the mob killer.....

ZoVoS
10-07-05, 15:21
i sugested that sumwhere back in the nc1 transition to nc2 but nobody listend :(

Jesterthegreat
10-07-05, 15:36
I have loads of ideas but chances of me being allowed to be a Gm = 0 (coz i am a bit bitter like) and i would post em but pros be told it aint viable cant be done not enough of this that n the other so dunno tho i would've have loved the chance at being part of the event team and being able to contribute and be a active part instead of just being the mob killer.....

ditto.

i got accepted as a storyline GM for FOMK but turned it down after my interview (2 reasons. one i had played the beta by then, 2 i had just started enjoying NC more).

however in NC my forum record is many pages long, and due to punching someone apparently being harassment my ingame record is no longer clean either.

LTA
10-07-05, 15:59
ditto.

i got accepted as a storyline GM for FOMK but turned it down after my interview (2 reasons. one i had played the beta by then, 2 i had just started enjoying NC more).

however in NC my forum record is many pages long, and due to punching someone apparently being harassment my ingame record is no longer clean either.

yee i was a gm for fom... but in beta well its not really usefull and i lost interest, tried the beta the other day got pk'd within 5 seconds of spawnin ran around for 20 mins with no clue what to do and thought feck it uninstalled.

lol punching someone is harassin?? poor melee people
I am only bitter because i loved the game so much, loved everything about it now its same old shiznit different day long to see all the people of uranus back on terra (dunno the other servers lol) havin big battles with ronins again but chances of that happenin now is well unlikely most people prefer the less buggy big mmos... wow ffxi etc etc
Guess we just mardy old long timers who have had to witness the ship sinking for a while now with no power to actually do anything i hate having to speak the truth about nc to ma mates :(

Skeet
10-07-05, 16:11
The way i see it, theres nothing happening that wants to make people play, if there were events going down where you GMs would spawn mobs, or something like that, but it needs to be all the time.

Hellmag
10-07-05, 16:48
And more events like the race, that was fun (even tho i lost 150k and finished last).

And why can't some faction tell they need a Lab/factory for a important job. And the runners need to capture one and hold it for a set of time. And of course the enemies figure out somthing is up, and try to sabotage the job.
Like before introducing something in a patch, the factions (both sides) involved would first need a Mine, then a lab and finally a factory. First side to actually manage to hold all three Not at the same time tho) long enough would get the items on their side. The other side get it via smugglers. Or perhaps both sides get them in shops, if they both manage the jobs in a set timeframe.
That kind of events would also mean someting in the gameworld.

I liked the convoy-thingy for the Rokkowear, just make it mean a little bit.

vashtyphoon78
11-07-05, 03:19
yee i was a gm for fom... but in beta well its not really usefull and i lost interest, tried the beta the other day got pk'd within 5 seconds of spawnin ran around for 20 mins with no clue what to do and thought feck it uninstalled.

lol punching someone is harassin?? poor melee people
I am only bitter because i loved the game so much, loved everything about it now its same old shiznit different day long to see all the people of uranus back on terra (dunno the other servers lol) havin big battles with ronins again but chances of that happenin now is well unlikely most people prefer the less buggy big mmos... wow ffxi etc etc
Guess we just mardy old long timers who have had to witness the ship sinking for a while now with no power to actually do anything i hate having to speak the truth about nc to ma mates :(

lol roar phear my power i am from uranus! :lol:

But seriously NC needs a facelift. KK find a good plastic surgeon.

naimex
11-07-05, 05:27
Ok... you, you and you...

IŽll give you 100 immortal monsters, go take over the world..

uhm... any constructors nearby???

gonna need a lot of construction tomorrow, gonna pull everything down tonight, just so you know..

and repairers ? well look at this pile of rubble, plz fix that wall..

what to do now...

oh right, the low level runners turn..

See that kid over there?

Heres a stick go poke him...

Hmm what to do tomorrow.... how about everyone go kill that monster, that way we can make the roaches extinct by tuesday...

Events should be handled like a little kid...

Should be given a treat once in a while, but not on request.
If you give people what they want each time they want it, they will become spoiled, and want more and more and more.

The way to do it is to estimate :

0: Wait a week. (if was sent here by last question and last question wasn't 5, estimate punishment and execute).
1: Has the kid been nice this week? if Yes, go to 2, else go to 0
2: Has he begged for this or that? if No, go to 3, else go to 0
3: Has he gotten other treats this week? if No, go to 4, else go to 0
4: Do you have anything to give? if Yes, go to 5, else go to 0
5: Give the kid a treat, not neccessarily the one you know he wants, then go to 0.

Now... having said that.... Gimme my lil bastard trophy !!! :p

demonssword
12-07-05, 02:08
well yestorday on terra at around midnight we had a chaos cave overflow that was good. So the chaos cave monsters made their way outside to harrass people... today though was a bit of a disappointment with Y-Reps and Hoverbombers comming to CRP. Reason why? no one knows... yet still they traveled 2-4 clear zones to go their for some reason.

A few good events me and Cmaster talked about in TH though came up tonight including a tradeskiller idea or two.

I will explain the one i had (though some is based on what he said first).

They spawn an NPC somewhere and tell people about it (maybe with an ingame mail or admin annoucement). He has just uncovered from a leader of one of the factions (in this example probably Tangent for Pro, and FA for Anti) privite emails or DBs about a terminal somewhere that allows you access to a small subserver of phoenix DB. And in this DB is downloadable blueprints to a new piece of tech, but they are not sure what it is.

Thats the start of it. This then involves you getting a hacker to get into this DB and downloading the BP (maybe the Datacube might have to be a special TL 150 CST'ed one out of special parts.). Once you have the datacube you show the guy and he examines it and finds out you need some old tech stuff to make the finished item. This will require you to loot a bunch of the hoverbombers and hoverstations that float around near TH and such. And you pick up X junk parts from them that then have to be recycled into working parts (maybe involving multiples of 4 different completed parts to be made, and each has it's own recipe involving the same parts but in different quantities.). Once you have 1 of each of the recycled parts you can either research and Cst them out of chems or just kill more bombers for the rest of the parts.

Once you have Cst'ed all the parts into the BP item you give it to the guy again who will say that the final item isnt working cos their is something wrong with it. This then requires you to repair the item and it will work.

Final product of all this is that you have found that you have been working on building parts of what you are then told is one of the missing parts of what the scientists of the faction you are helping needed to start building it's own version of the hoverbombers and / or stations.

And maybe the first 5-10 people from anti and pro get a prize. AND in addition to this maybe the side that made the most parts out of the first 5-10 get a hoverbomber key so they can use one on their FSM.

nobby
12-07-05, 13:52
I once asked in a thread why KK don't advertise for more staff...

my thread got edited due to Flaming...

YEAH WHAT EVER!