View Full Version : Why do you play NC?

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-05, 09:10
This thread is just a little questionair about why you play NC
Now to the polls
Pick the reason that most effects you

TWOK
10-07-05, 09:37
The uber FPS combat, what else? Just a shame monks are steadily removing my enjoyment of this.

Xylaz
10-07-05, 10:32
no idea, guess i'm just addicted

Theres nothing really left in NC which could make my play interesting or fun. I log in, fight with syncs, crashes, memory leaks, inventory bugs and other various fucked up by KK things. Then, if i manage to survive - i try to pvp for awhile (which is usually impossible due to ppus). Then i log off.

Jesterthegreat
10-07-05, 10:55
Theres nothing really left in NC which could make my play interesting or fun. I log in, fight with syncs, crashes, memory leaks, inventory bugs and other various fucked up by KK things. Then, if i manage to survive - i try to pvp for awhile (which is usually impossible due to ppus). Then i log off.

sums it up.

i'm here cos i like to pvp with my clan. they rarely log on anymore, i rarely log on anymore.

my monthly subscription was just paid for... so i'll give it 2 or 3 weeks til i make the decision.

ch0ppy
10-07-05, 10:59
Should be an option for : I dont know why, i just do o_O :confused:
thats why i play anyway.

Dargeshaad
10-07-05, 11:04
Well to PK of course.....I'll have a movie ready soon with my endeavours

Mantiz
10-07-05, 11:19
Yeah the PvP is great (most of the time)... the PvM was fun the first couple of months.
Oh, and of course the girls... I mean, now with the Homegirl there is no reason not to play ;)

Njall
10-07-05, 12:22
I can't leave, I want to see the end of the many "events" on Pandore. (and I think I will play until the server closes )

bounty
10-07-05, 12:32
The one and only thing that would make this game as good as it used to be, is a lot more players. Running into and meeting new people and killing strangers that talked shit was a big part of the initial appeal to this game.

Dargeshaad
10-07-05, 13:03
Yes! More people! And less monks!

RogerRamjet
10-07-05, 13:14
The people in my clan who im friends with keep me here against my will :p

Nullvoid
10-07-05, 18:39
NC for me sums up the best and worst of gaming. I love it for being so fresh compared to the rest of its genre, the experience when levelling your first ever char is unmatched I feel and then when you have your first foray into pvp...if you don't come away with pulse racing then ur a stone not a human :p

I hate that it has never fully realised its potential. Bugs which should have been dealt with swiftly still lurk around. Changes have been made to the game which have ruined some of its unique feel and ultimately it feels like kk have frozen the community out from helping craft the game into the greatness that it could be.

And yet I still find myself playing the game on a daily basis...flawed it may be, but still, there's something special about it that manages to draw me in.

zii
10-07-05, 18:49
Addicted and waiting for the game to reach its full potential, and I'm sure that it will. :D

Asatru
10-07-05, 19:23
WEll , in my opinion, this is the olny and best Cyber Punk Post Apocoliptic type game, the concept is awasome, but KK's excecution of the game leaves somthing to be desired, none the less, I love this game, has awsome potensal.
The Atmophere, the mobs , the comunity, even the jerks have a place here. Just wish the would liten to the comunity, we havwe been loosing to many old player becouse of bugs that have been around since beta NC1. Even with all that I love this game and will continue to play.

SEAL

[EDIT] sorry just woke up and my brain cant spell yet

Superbron
10-07-05, 19:41
thats why i play anyway.Same here. Dunno why I play this game, I just like it

Rabiator
10-07-05, 20:16
I like the FPS combat (and it could be even more FPS-ish :angel: ), even if I use it for PvE only so far. For PvP I still prefer Day Of Defeat ;)

Infinite
11-07-05, 05:20
Haven't been playing recently, i dunno i just CBA. Somethings hit me like it did in november. The game jsut isn't 1/4 as much fun as it was in NC one.

sultana
11-07-05, 11:47
thats why i play anyway.
Same for me :rolleyes:

Though I still do enjoy the PvP, much better then say CS and the point and click PvP of other MMORPGs.

But, I don't log in as much as I used to, it's kinda depressing walking around an empty nc city or going to crp caves to level (for once), but have every anti who's logged off there come after you. You can't level with the reds in this game anymore :(

Kierz
11-07-05, 15:43
I don't play I just read the forum daily hoping any of the major things the players are asking for actually get changed.

Plus it annoys the hell out of my mates who have left nc for wow (I refuse to play that carebear bs).

Scanner Darkly
11-07-05, 16:39
thats why i play anyway.

me puts on tinfoil hat: subliminal messages hidden in ncrack make me play :angel:

BloodLetting
11-07-05, 21:50
I play for the simple reason that there are no (imo) [Edited] GM's telling me to stop harasing someone when I tell them they can go suck a C*** and choke then Die! O and the PvP and freinds I have made along the way...Its like a strange addiction. I hate it but I need and want it at the same time.
Another point and click fairy game and Ill just....well I dont know what Ill do yet.

Edited - Use a different term to express your point. - Lupus

Njall
11-07-05, 21:51
I don't play Nc anymore.
I just fell hurt in my a.. .

Jesterthegreat
11-07-05, 21:57
I play for the simple reason that there are no (imo) [Edited] GM's telling me to stop harasing someone when I tell them they can go suck a C*** and choke then Die! O and the PvP and freinds I have made along the way...Its like a strange addiction. I hate it but I need and want it at the same time.
Another point and click fairy game and Ill just....well I dont know what Ill do yet.

Edited for constistancy - Lupus

really? i played merc for about a week and got a warning for punching people.

odd... the punch key's coded into the game...

bobleponge
11-07-05, 22:05
[ edited ]

BloodLetting
11-07-05, 22:07
really? i played merc for about a week and got a warning for punching people.

odd... the punch key's coded into the game...

well they should have given the "on a PvP server player to player conflict can be solved through combat, thank you and enjoy world of Neocron" response to the whiner :lol:

Liquid
12-07-05, 00:53
I chose the last option .
I am definitly here because of the amazing athmosphere the game.

$tormbringer
12-07-05, 01:05
I don't, I just laugh at the people still playing it and mock them on the forums.

Nidhogg
12-07-05, 02:00
I don't, I just laugh at the people still playing it and mock them on the forums.
Wanna bet?

N

Mr Kot
12-07-05, 02:08
I chose the last option .
I am definitly here because of the amazing athmosphere the game.

^^ What he said ;)

LiL T
12-07-05, 02:09
I like the idea I like the free flowing PVP and the story, as well as the other stuff like tradeskilling and epics lvling its all fun. But I hate the bugs and certain wepons and classes dominating the battlefield, if KK don't sort this shit out and stop listening to those that enjoy being ontop all the time. Well goodbye NC, I can lvl a monk but no thx, its not the same and its not cyber punk or sci fi

StanBasanovitch
12-07-05, 02:20
I play NC for its amazing postapocalyptic atmosphere
I play NC for its great fps pvp, hacknet and op war system
I play NC for its many many RP opportunities and great GMs and fun events they make

I would have love less psi and more real medics, but well ...

But most of all ...
I will stop playing NC very soon, as I was playing on Pandore
And that makes me really sad.

For Pandore, and eveything that has been built on Venus, rebuilt on Pandore, will be crushed even before a chance for an international release to be sold in France.

So now we can say what should never be heard in a RPG : "Game Over"
:(

Speedball
12-07-05, 03:35
So now we can say what should never be heard in a RPG : "Game Over"
:(
cruel but true.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-05, 04:14
Honestly I feal bad for you pandora players, I think the pvp server will bring the downfall to NC

but hijack another thread, lets keep this one posotive, though most are pointing out KKs follies right now, they have done some things right.
After all, Im sure you pandora players who can speak english will be back.
Mark my words

You dont need a GM to roleplay.
Most player hosted events are supported by Terra's event people, make one.
Advance yourself byyourselves.
You dont need a GM to do it for you

Philchow
12-07-05, 04:16
Neocron, the best game ever made by the worst company (irony inside).

Thanks AD for all the great times (and KK still).

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-05, 04:19
What did I just say!?
Bitch in the plan file please.

See I said please

Philchow
12-07-05, 04:19
I'm not bitching. I'm just saying thanks to AD and KK.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-05, 04:21
I'm not bitching. I'm just saying thanks to AD and KK.
well then Im sorry I over reacted

imper1um
12-07-05, 06:13
Wanna bet?

N
Pwned by the Nster.

I play because I like laughing at all the people complaining about how they die to the people I heal,s and d. :) Plus John would lynch me publicly if I left since I have MC5s in my character's heads.

a4nic8er
12-07-05, 08:05
Because I am more stubborn than I am smart?

solling
13-07-05, 14:43
the PvP and the awsome friends i have made in our clan ;)

Rogue Arson
13-07-05, 15:22
The atmosphere mostly. The ppl I've met. The pvp. Its all good.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-05, 15:24
The atmosphere mostly. The ppl I've met. The pvp. Its all good.
so its a orgy of sexieness?

Girian
14-07-05, 20:22
Cuz I'm susceptible to addictions.

The game has high potential, there are still some nice ppl playing it. I still love to roam around certain areas alone, living my own private life. I love the PvP when I'm technically able to perform it (yes, KK please fix certain annoying bugs that have been around for ages!).

And also cuz I've invested just a bit too much over the last 2.5 years to just throw away and I'm also hoping to hand a helping hand to new players so we might one day have good online numbers as they were loooong ago :)

And last but not least; I HATE ELVES!

dark_reaper
14-07-05, 20:58
I play because of the atmosphere, the people, PvP, the mobs, and the events. Also I have also met some of the best GM's possibly in the industry. Also Neocron is the only game I have been playing more than 3 years.