PDA

View Full Version : PSP DVD me-thingy bob

nobby
09-07-05, 03:37
What's the best DVD software you've found for your PSP?

I wanna see if i can get a film or 2 on a 256 mem stick...

Don't laugh...

they're fucking expensive! :D

Omnituens
09-07-05, 10:17
i thought the PSP used UMD disks?

Xylaz
09-07-05, 14:18
uhm sorry for off-topic but what's PSP?

Mighty Max
09-07-05, 14:23
uhm sorry for off-topic but what's PSP?

PlayStation Portable

Jesterthegreat
09-07-05, 14:27
I wanna see if i can get a film or 2 on a 256 mem stick...

you want to compress multiple films small enough to go on a 256MB mem stick?

i gotta admit, i havent used a PSP, but common sense and simple computer knowledge says that they will have to be short filsm, or really shitty quality (or both)

james_finn
09-07-05, 23:08
doesnt actually need to be either jester :P Coz the PSP is a low resolution screen, you can change the size of the output of the video to whatever the resolution of the screen is, and then you should be able to get at least one film on a 256MB stick!

I know its possible used to do it for my mate on his 3G phone, but cant remember the app sorry.

Delphi

Mighty Max
09-07-05, 23:15
doesnt actually need to be either jester :P Coz the PSP is a low resolution screen

Thought the same, but it isnt the case. Actually the PSP has a higher screen resolution then a VCD would cover.

PSP: 480 × 272
VCD: PAL 352 × 288 or NTSC 352 × 240

So that only leaves the physical screen size (the inches) that the quality loss is not that good seen then on a solid CRT.

james_finn
09-07-05, 23:20
ok, well ive just been shown im not the geek i thought i was :P

naimex
09-07-05, 23:47
*me puts finger in a glass of water, and goes outside in the middle of a thunderstorm*

*puts on cop uniform and gets his old plastic badge*

Is this legal talk ?

Copying DVDs as far as I´m aware, isn´t legal, and illegal conversations are not allowed on this forum...

Mighty Max
10-07-05, 00:01
Noone mentioned to copy commercial movies.

I have a lot of DVDs captured from TV ... wouldnt think that copying them would be illegal. Neither would be the copying of the DVD i burned with the NC-vids, would it?

Morganth
10-07-05, 01:06
In the UK at least you are allowed to copy a DVD provided you own the original version, so its a backup. I don't know why, but I just keep losing DVDs all the time :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
10-07-05, 02:17
Until such time as Sony release software for playing movies that aren't on their licensed format this thread will remain closed.

N