PDA

View Full Version : Hint concerning trophies

Thanatos
08-07-05, 12:25
There's a trophy for most of the animal types. To build a trophy, you need the carapace of the animal, which is usually dropped by the strongest specimen of an animal type. As the Hunter NPC explains, to build a trophy (through recycling), you need the carapace and a varying amount of wood, metal plates, and in some cases, metal tubes. Even tough many of the trophies are of the fiercest monsters, there are also trophies of weak animal types, like some sewer dwellers in example.
Good luck! :)

Riddle
08-07-05, 12:40
Yay! Thx Thantos!

Do you mean carcass? as in body of animal and not the head as described by the NPC?

Still haven't had a drop though in over 8 hrs of hunting :(

I will try again tonight!! I wanna trophy :D

[TgR]KILLER
08-07-05, 12:45
Yay! Thx Nid.

lol stormbot aint the same as nid :p even if you seem to think it is ahhaha.

Exioce
08-07-05, 12:53
how much recycle is necessary to make a trophy, anyone know?

Skusty
08-07-05, 13:11
Where is this npc? I would like a spider on my officedesk...

Riddle
08-07-05, 13:30
Where is this npc? I would like a spider on my officedesk...

NPC outside Gun shop in P1 near medicare

Mr Kot
08-07-05, 13:31
A carapace is the outer shell of an animal like a tortoise, crustacean, firemob etc... the exoskeleton, if you like.

I've not found one myself in game, but could this be a clue?

Superbron
08-07-05, 13:34
I want a head of a copbot on my wall :D

Mr Kot
08-07-05, 13:49
I want a head of a copbot on my wall :D

Kill a GM?? :angel:

John.nl
08-07-05, 13:49
Is it a decorative thingy that can be placed in an apt or a useful item to fill up empty slots in a cabinet?

aKe`cj
08-07-05, 13:59
Is it a decorative thingy that can be placed in an apt or a useful item to fill up empty slots in a cabinet?

http://entry.neocron.com/news/Trophy.jpg

CMaster
08-07-05, 14:02
Qucik question - does the carapace/head have a new graphic, oir will we throw it awak as chitin?

RogerRamjet
08-07-05, 14:05
Wee crab trophies?

MuggleMind
08-07-05, 14:23
Personally, I think you are all missing the ultimate trophy. No apartment should be without a Radiated Roach trophy! :D

Nullvoid
08-07-05, 14:37
Or your very own drom trophy showing you up as the brutal killer of innocents that you really are!

Rob01m
08-07-05, 14:53
Or your very own drom trophy showing you up as the brutal killer of innocents that you really are!

Droms are soooo 2003. :lol:

jini
08-07-05, 15:16
How about trophies of Runners? (...ouch...)

Riddle
08-07-05, 16:12
Well my trophy apartment will be many years in the making :( as I got nadda yet in 2 days maybe I'll be lucky tonight. :D

Then I'll probably have the head or whatever for a bloody week whilst I try all types of recycle recipe ;)

well one of the better time sinks...

imper1um
08-07-05, 16:41
Yeah, I think this game seriously needs a Roach trophy

Tratos
08-07-05, 17:34
Yeah roach and drom trophies :lol: i hope theres a swamp shaman trophie :D (www.neocron.com)

Njall
08-07-05, 18:25
Well my trophy apartment will be many years in the making as I got nadda yet in 2 days maybe I'll be lucky tonight.
120 grims killed and I haven't saw a "trophy loot" yet. Good luck ;)

Clive tombstone
08-07-05, 19:02
Personally a swamp squid trophy would be pretty wicked too.

Tostino
08-07-05, 19:03
Sounds cool :).

Seven
08-07-05, 21:28
120 grims killed and I haven't saw a "trophy loot" yet. Good luck ;)

It's like looking for tech parts, too much effort for just about nothing.

While I think trophies are a really cool idea, it's a tedious timesink ATM.

Hours upon hours killing the same mobs I've seen for the past 3 years hoping they drop this thing is just not worth my time.

I bet pipes, metal and wood are getting harder to find also.

I know I sound bitter, but it's just way too much work and time the way the drop rate is now for me to be bothered.
BTW, will these things be item tracked?

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 22:07
Droms are soooo 2003. :lol:

agreed. some things just get old :p

Riddle
08-07-05, 23:03
Well still nothing :(

Tried and tried and Tired and bored ...well of for some PvP at leat i get a trophy belt :p

Nullvoid
09-07-05, 00:38
until I see a 120/120 drom ingame they will never get old for me, poor little defenceless things that they are. :p

naimex
09-07-05, 01:52
How about trophies of Runners? (...ouch...)

I would rather enjoy having my power armor standing on a metal bar in my apartment, holding a cursed soul.

Like a medieval armor or a japanese armor-rack.

Would make me look like a warrior filled with pride and honor, or a rich guy with a lovely mannequin of myself.

ZoVoS
09-07-05, 02:51
when you say strongest does that mean were gona have to kill the lil bastard to get a dragonfly trophie,

aKe`cj
09-07-05, 03:50
when you say strongest does that mean were gona have to kill the lil bastard to get a dragonfly trophie,

where do you live dude... you just dont kill that thing.. no way.. that'd be just too.. err... just consider the droprate 8|

capt-o
09-07-05, 04:42
When you say strongest of the Mobs are we talking about only in the wastelands and such or are the undergrounds included?

That would mean the Terror Raptor in the shot would actually be from the bat queen, the Chaos Queen would be a head on my wall. But this would mean taking down a Juggernaut^10 or whatever the droprate is, to get a WB trophy.

In the trophy shot it does show a terror raptor, but it also shows a "black widow" a mob type I've never seen.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-07-05, 06:34
acually the batqueen is a hopper style mob

Omnituens
09-07-05, 10:16
acually the batqueen is a hopper style mob
correct.

the spider queen isnt ingame anymore.... does that mean she has beeen re-added, along with spider cucoons?
w00ts if so.

ZoVoS
09-07-05, 10:39
where do you live dude... you just dont kill that thing.. no way.. that'd be just too.. err... just consider the droprate 8|
i was hopeing it owuld be a garantied drop instead of the data cube :D then having a dragon fly would be summin everybody strived for on there desk

we dont need spider queen and cacoons anymore, we have filter hearts gallore

Tratos
09-07-05, 10:47
I thought the spider queen toddled about the wastelands with grand spiders still?

Omnituens
09-07-05, 12:26
there are those, there used to be a bigger, badder one that spawn spider cucoons, which in turn spawned fuckloads of spiders.

bit like the scorpion queen, only for lower levels.

put her at the end of the main sewer please :D

Tratos
09-07-05, 15:16
there are those, there used to be a bigger, badder one that spawn spider cucoons, which in turn spawned fuckloads of spiders.

bit like the scorpion queen, only for lower levels.

put her at the end of the main sewer please :D

:eek: schweet, we need a newbie version (well mid) in the mainsewer ike you said and one with the cavespider skin @ 120/120 in a new cave in the grasslands :D

Skusty
09-07-05, 16:28
Viperkingskinboots in the closet....

LeoPump
09-07-05, 23:45
Hmm..

Anyone of u got a trophie? o_O

SoLoNg...
Leo

naimex
09-07-05, 23:51
Hmm..

Anyone of u got a trophie? o_O

SoLoNg...
Leo

Think I heard someone say an r2k member had a trophy, but I might have misunderstood what was said.

wanted to see one ingame..

When I get home from my parents, I think ill be going hunting..

*On hunting we will go, on hunting we will go, eee-di eee-di eeedi-oh, on hunting we will go*

LeoPump
10-07-05, 00:21
Think I heard someone say an r2k member had a trophy, but I might have misunderstood what was said.

wanted to see one ingame..

When I get home from my parents, I think ill be going hunting..

*On hunting we will go, on hunting we will go, eee-di eee-di eeedi-oh, on hunting we will go*

hehe- i want a trophie!!^^ :p but teh loot is so.. so.. so.. shit :P

capt-o
10-07-05, 05:34
Hopper huh? Thanks for the info. Guess that means we are back to going after Terror Leapers again, only this time it's not for a filter 2. ;)

That still means only about 3 or so of the mobs in that shot have their toughest type in the WL. On the other hand he did say almost every type of mob can be "trophied".

Mechturtle? Houndbot? Sentry? These would look good in a TH apartment.

John.nl
10-07-05, 10:16
http://entry.neocron.com/news/Trophy.jpg

That is soo cool!

numb
25-07-05, 11:08
Hopper huh? Thanks for the info. Guess that means we are back to going after Terror Leapers again, only this time it's not for a filter 2. ;)

Leapers are also Hoppers. It's the terror raptors you need.

Riddle
25-07-05, 16:06
Any more Hints? All this chitin is killing me!

Whats highest lv Drom? or spider in game?

I tried Synergyxr but mostly incomplete :(

Looking to find out which mobs i need to hunt and yes i saw the list in another thread but which spider? which drom? which roach :)

You get the idea

CMaster
25-07-05, 16:18
Highest Level Drom is the Drom.
Spider - well, Poisonous Queen is pretty high, but the trophy is of a black spider, so hence Spider Queen. And I've never seen a Queen Hairy or Cave spider, so don't know what ranks they have.

Toxen
25-07-05, 16:28
Ok ok idea, this will help hunters, Synergyxr and keep us a little more informed.
We are going to catalogue every mob we encounter. on the forums.

Posts should be as follows
Name of mob:
Level:

The above is nessicary info the below is optional but helps alot.
Location Spotted(The will be multiple locations so post all you know:

Screenie if possible for ident purposes.

Riddle
25-07-05, 19:34
Highest Level Drom is the Drom.
Spider - well, Poisonous Queen is pretty high, but the trophy is of a black spider, so hence Spider Queen. And I've never seen a Queen Hairy or Cave spider, so don't know what ranks they have.

Well i have seen two levels of Drom so far just wondered what was the highest level so I don't spend time killing the wrong mob.

giga191
25-07-05, 19:40
Well i have seen two levels of Drom so far just wondered what was the highest level so I don't spend time killing the wrong mob. Well there is the small drom and the drom. Which one might be the highest level?

Riddle
25-07-05, 19:45
Well there is the small drom and the drom. Which one might be the highest level?

Ok theres two i get it duh..... :D

Richard Blade
25-07-05, 22:05
:D
Just wait for the 'lil bastard' version of Drom.

<looks around for Lupus>

Oh shit! :angel:

giga191
26-07-05, 00:03
Ok theres two i get it duh..... :D Are you sure because it's always fun to rub stuff in?

ch0ppy
27-07-05, 21:52
Does it matter at what lvl you hunt for certain trophies,
such as a 58/60 char killing 9/9 Droms and such ?