PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My NC client wont run!

vashtyphoon78
07-07-05, 17:13
:mad: ok so i got up this morning and was like humm i better check on my rhino-

run the game like usuall gets past all the reakktor splash screens n stuff-
then i get to the login screen- but it stays black and doesnt turn so i can login- i go play xbox for about 20 minutes hoping it is just being slow this morning and nothing help mee plzzzz

No dice C =(

CMaster
07-07-05, 17:19
Try running in windowed mode - its often your firewall.

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 22:50
Try running in windowed mode - its often your firewall.

aye. after each patch allow client.exe access again

COLD
08-07-05, 00:35
not related to your problem but, you still sit thru splash screens?

NOSPLASH = "TRUE"
NOEXTRO = "TRUE"

put that in your neocron.ini :)

Xylaz
08-07-05, 01:26
reinstall the client if everything else fails (though it just seems like a firewall issue)

Riddle
08-07-05, 01:31
aye. after each patch allow client.exe access again
True i get this every patch, just run window mode and allow access otherwise it freezes at login black screen.

vashtyphoon78
08-07-05, 07:00
Well never had this problem before and i usually disable my firewall before running or i get shat FPS...but anyone got the port numbers to alow for NC?

Spy XX
08-07-05, 08:00
the problem has nothing to do with the firewall blocking nc, its caused by something that "steals" the focus from the nc window (like most firewall popups do). The login window is not drawn if this happens (you get the same result when you alt-tab out and back into the login screen). Thats why you should run nc once in windowed mode, this way you can see what kind of window opens when you start nc and stop it from opening.

vashtyphoon78
08-07-05, 08:27
Well never had this problem before and i usually disable my firewall before running or i get shat FPS...but anyone got the port numbers to alow for NC?
@ spy has been tried =/

vashtyphoon78
09-07-05, 04:39
I finally just broke down and reinstalled, works fine now. dunno wtf came over it but thanks for trying everyone :)