PDA

View Full Version : Explosions in London this morning. Looks like an attack.

Conduit
07-07-05, 11:58
So far explosions in at least 5 tube stations and a bus, with breaking news of more explosions taking place as I type.
Terrible news :(

My thoughts go out to everyone there right now. Stay safe.

Original monk
07-07-05, 12:00
So far explosions in at least 5 tube stations and a bus, with breaking news of more explosions taking place as I type.

My thoughts go out to everyone there right now. Stay safe.

8| wtf :confused: :( :mad:

thats crazy, yust read the papers .. some say its electrical failures :confused: O_o some say its attacks o.O

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 12:01
Damn :/
Sorry to see shit like this happening to you brits

Edit:
I hear there are casualties :(
Utter shit, its prolly another retaliation attack, I hope those bastards get whats coming there way.

Omnituens
07-07-05, 12:09
just turned on the news now

this isnt good.

Riddle
07-07-05, 12:10
Just read an Update , Fuck all to do with power surge as first suggested.

Now they are saying a Terror attack. 3 buses and numerous shit going on underground.

A very bad day :(

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 12:12
I heard about 60people from some source. What an utter waste of lives.
Hmm urge to kill rising

|R@zor|
07-07-05, 12:17
People are saying on the news that they were very powerfull explosions, not what you would get from an electrical fault.

Also think somethings happened at Kings Cross now which was'nt one of the original places.

20 dead according to the news right now.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 12:21
People are saying on the news that they were very powerfull explosions, not what you would get from an electrical fault.

Also think somethings happened at Kings Cross now which was'nt one of the original places.

lets hope it stays that low

Skusty
07-07-05, 12:26
I see...terrible to....

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 12:30
I hear that a few were in packed areas, so that number is bound to rise :(

I got a few clan mates in london now Im to sad to even look at pr0n :(

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 12:44
Note that it happened right after the decicion to let London host the 2012 Olympics.

Sakletare
07-07-05, 12:50
Note that it happened right after the decicion to let London host the 2012 Olympics.
It's most likely beacause of the G8 summit, noone would have time to plan an attack since they announced the 2012 olympics yesterday.

Original monk
07-07-05, 12:51
papers here talk about multiple deads and certainly 90 wounded people

papers here talk about "most likely a terrorist attack" tough not officialy confirmed ...

this aint no good and thats a fact

naimex
07-07-05, 12:59

20 ??

In Denmark they´ve been saying for the last 30 minutes, at least 2 people dead.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 13:01
20 ??

In Denmark they´ve been saying for the last 30 minutes, at least 2 people dead.
At first all the news organizations are different itll be clear soon...

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 13:05
It's most likely beacause of the G8 summit, noone would have time to plan an attack since they announced the 2012 olympics yesterday.
The olympic announcment date has been known for months though, and besides, you can have the means set up for an attack and simply wait for the right moment.
Re the G8, yeah, forgot about that.

Original monk
07-07-05, 13:05
every 5 minutes you look at the papers it gets worse 8| O_o :eek:

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 13:11
no one i know is in london today... but god...

lloyds are giving us updates on it by the hour now.

the whole public transport system (in london) is now closed, dartford crossing will close soon (just in case).

glad to see this thread has stayed away from blaming a particular race / organisation.

|R@zor|
07-07-05, 13:12
Aparently there was a 200 word statement from Al-Queda claiming responsability for it.

thats what i just heard on the news anyway.

Edit:Sorry Jester

CMaster
07-07-05, 13:13
every 5 minutes you look at the papers it gets worse 8| O_o :eek:
Thats always the nature of these things. Death tool will inevitably rise as most reports are using confirmed death, not estimated (probably a good thing, in the Twin Towers, they were talking of 20,000+ estimates and it was about 3,000 in the end). Its terrorism, no real question. Blair says it probably is, and regardless, Buses and trains don't normally explode, desite the other things that can go badly wrong with them. How many bombs where there in the madrid train bombings? Was that six as well?

paolo escobar
07-07-05, 13:14

And who's to say that paris would not have received the same treatment if they had of won the bid to host the 2012 olympics.
Think about what the greatest sporting event on the planet stands for in the eyes of the world, and what it would mean to put the fear of attacks into the minds of those countrys who would hosts it and to the public who would attend.

Todays incidents in london were not accidents.
I myself have many, many friends who live and work in london city center, thankfully they are safe.

Mine, as i'm sure most others peoples thoughts, are with those involved and their familys.

Comie
07-07-05, 13:16
And who's to say that paris would not have received the same treatment if they had of won the bid to host the 2012 olympics.
Think about what the greatest sporting event on the planet stands for in the eyes of the world, and what it would mean to put the fear of attacks into the minds of those countrys who would hosts it and to the public who would attend.

ive been thinking the same thing, and i think that was what made us get it

Capt. Rik
07-07-05, 13:21
Unconfirmed reports suggest it was Al-Qeuda designed to coincide with the G8 Summit.

Plenty of people from my work were crossing london when i happened - all have had to turn around.

Sakletare
07-07-05, 13:22
1. It's not possible to stage an attack of this scale with just one day of preparations without planning and placing explosives in all of the olympic candidate cities, and that's not likely.

2. It's far "better" to attack the actual olympic games than a city that will host the games in seven years time. More publicity and an automatic entry in the history books, remember Munich.

Hoernerice
07-07-05, 13:24
i just hope u all fine, wich life from us in london....... 8|

Riddle
07-07-05, 13:30
My thoughts are with those in London, not who's to blame today.

The time for finger pointing will come soon enough.

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 13:31
1. It's not possible to stage an attack of this scale with just one day of preparations without planning and placing explosives in all of the olympic candidate cities, and that's not likely. last time i got on the tube they didnt search your bags for bombs. why would they have to be placed (since they have been named now i may as well point out that they have proven willing to die for it before)

2. It's far "better" to attack the actual olympic games than a city that will host the games in seven years time. More publicity and an automatic entry in the history books, remember Munich.

possibly. worth bearing in mind is the main concern of UK hosting the olympics was that our public transport system wasn't up to it. this could not only draw attention to them, but also cause the olympics to move to a different place.

:edit: @ above agreed. now is the time for concern, not malace

THE_TICK!!!!
07-07-05, 13:43
Damnit sorry to hear this shit m8's..watch yourselves, usually they like to do a little after the main action explosion to catch the emergency crews and those that are curious. DO NOT go near the scene for a while. very bad news, i hope the casualties are low.

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 13:44
Damnit sorry to hear this shit m8's..watch yourselves, usually they like to do a little after the main action explosion to catch the emergency crews and those that are curious. DO NOT go near the scene for a while. very bad news, i hope the casualties are low.

people at the scene have no choice.

London is MASSIVE. with all the public transport down its full of people with no where to go.

LiL T
07-07-05, 13:45

paolo escobar
07-07-05, 13:50
1. It's not possible to stage an attack of this scale with just one day of preparations without planning and placing explosives in all of the olympic candidate cities, and that's not likely.

Why is it not possible and who said anything about having only one day to plan this? Far too many people under estimate the capabilities and size of these organisations.

The final short list of candidates for the 2012 games were London, Madrid, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Lets say u rule out Moscow's bid as having slim chance of winning, of which i hear they did.
That leaves 3 fairly geographically close european capitals (in terms of the planet), of which we know all 3 have had long running problems with well organised terrorist groups. Since 911 it has been proven that some of these so called separate groups do infact communicate.

So you go with the percentages and put ur egg's in the most likely baskets

I'm not saying that the olympics is THE reason for this, it is just as likely to be the G8 summit as it has now got the attention of the heads of the various G8 countries as well as the rest of the world.

Either way its a sad day.

nobby
07-07-05, 13:50
*tut*
The attack is coming...

THE_TICK!!!!
07-07-05, 13:56
people at the scene have no choice.

London is MASSIVE. with all the public transport down its full of people with no where to go. i was talking bout you folks who are HERE on the forums..hoser.. :D

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 14:01
Like I said, you don't need to.
Cells in all major cities will have explosives that can be carried into a tube station within a moments notice.

Hoernerice
07-07-05, 14:03
now in gemran news they said, a politic buliding in warschau (polen) should burn 8|

nobby
07-07-05, 14:09
It's prob Ze French!

Or Do you think it's Iraq?

bah......

Gydjia
07-07-05, 14:09
The idea that this has something to do with winning the olympic bid makes absolutely no sense. The idea that it was planned to coincide with the opening of the G8 summit here today however makes perfect sense, why are you all so set on it being related to the Olympics. designed to Show up our poor infrastructure ? Eh ? Are you mad ? :lol:

You would think however that after the IRAs 20 odd year bombing campaign (they blew up my office twice, two seperate contracts, seperate locations, I had all the luck then :confused:. No I wasnt there at the time, noone was, early hours explosions. Liverpool Street & Canary Wharf. ) here we would have finally worked out a better plan of response than what's happening in London right now. I appreciate a coordinated attack is totally impossible to defend against, but evacuting the tube stations and putting people onto buses seems inane to me. Just shut it all down from point one, easier said than done I know. Hell.. I don't know, I just know a few people in town today and I'm anxious and pissy.

Sakletare
07-07-05, 14:13
The idea that this has something to do with winning the olympic bid makes absolutely no sense. The idea that it was planned to coincide with the opening of the G8 summit here today however makes perfect sense, why are you all so set on it being related to the Olympics.
My point exactly.

Capt. Rik
07-07-05, 14:15
It's prob Ze French!

Or Do you think it's Iraq?

bah......

hush! don't stir shit up

Riddle
07-07-05, 14:22
The idea that this has something to do with winning the olympic bid makes absolutely no sense. The idea that it was planned to coincide with the opening of the G8 summit here today however makes perfect sense, why are you all so set on it being related to the Olympics.

True me thinks. What would be headlining the papers today if it were not for these bombings? The G8 summit.

Not only have they succeded in drawing attention away from the G8 but have also shown how vulnerable the UK is.

LTA
07-07-05, 14:32
True me thinks. What would be headlining the papers today if it were not for these bombings? The G8 summit.

Not only have they succeded in drawing attention away from the G8 but have also shown how vulnerable the UK is.

The Sun done that to when they got peeps into like sandhurst, buckingham palace, the parliament canteen with fake bombs.

Its madness we worry bout other country security and terrorists but we cant control our own feckin countries security

It probably is for the G8 the protestors the other who were "Rounded up easily" by the police promised a more organised attack for yesterday...nothing to stop them moving the plan forward by a day

Gydjia
07-07-05, 14:43
It probably is for the G8 the protestors the other who were "Rounded up easily" by the police promised a more organised attack for yesterday...nothing to stop them moving the plan forward by a day

You think a faction of the anti-G8 Movement could be responsible ? Nope, that makes no sense either really. What on earth could the bombing of unrelated citizens in the capital possibly accomplish for them. Abject hatred of the nation, good thing to have ? Nope, sorry, I know some of them, been on a fair few demos and protests myself (never worn a scarf over my face or thrown a brick mind you, but when somebody hits you, you will find yourself hitting them back). They'll limit themselves to banging their heads against police officers, smashing the windows of burger king, and directly attacking the land around the summit. You know, stuff that well, almost makes sense. None of our anarchopolitical or extreme left organisations have ever, or are likely ever, to resort to something as counter productive as terrorism. Thats the province and behaviour of those confused lunatics in the Animal Rights Movement. I reckon it's al-qaeda or one of it's many spin offs, cell groups.

Original monk
07-07-05, 14:45
blair was talking on the news about destabilisation of the beginning of the G8 top ... makes sence ... we also know england is a close allie of the us and involved in for example the war in iraq

belgium newspaper here (www.gva.be) reports that the bus thats been blown up (with the roof gone) happend by a suicide bomber

msdong
07-07-05, 14:48
...Its madness we worry bout other country security and terrorists but we cant control our own feckin countries security

this is possible everywhere. if not there would be someting wrong and everyone probably wear a chip inside his head for mindcontroll.

total security without the loss of freedom is impossible.

pretty sad thing :(

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 15:03
this is possible everywhere. if not there would be someting wrong and everyone probably wear a chip inside his head for mindcontroll.

total security without the loss of freedom is impossible.

pretty sad thing :(
Exactly, stopping these things in their entirety is impossible.
That said, while people complain that the money going to counter terrorism is wasted in light of these occurences, remember that many are stopped, you just don't hear about it.

THE_TICK!!!!
07-07-05, 15:59
Dribble hit the nail on the head !! to totally stop these kinds of attacks one would have to declare marshall law, and extradite any and every imigrent. Now we all know this is not possible and even then we would still have problems. Awareness of your surroundings is the best defence.

Original monk
07-07-05, 15:59
this isnt about making our own country's more secure (like little fortresses) so these things wont happen anymore ... this is also practically impossible ... theres always a way around ... not to mention the pricetag as DJ said ... security and terrorism are big business ..

this is about making unstable country's more stable so there is no need for anyone to commit terrorist attacks ...

last bit could be an illusion tough :( aslong as the biggest part of the world is still dominated by poverty, corruption, hunger and diseases ...

i have easy talking here ... behind my computer that runs on electricity from a plug, with (even warm) water comming out of the wall ... and heat from central heating ... a fridge full of the best quality food and the finest drinks ... not to mention the best universital hospitals in case i could get sick :/

i better shut it this is getting political

Opar
07-07-05, 16:27
More than 33 confirmed deaths.

Hoernerice
07-07-05, 16:31
still hope its noone form us... and with us i mean our hole comunity...

Netphreak
07-07-05, 16:50
According to Sky News:
3 Bombs in the Underground and 1 Bomb on a Bus
1000+ Injured
150 Seriously Injured
45 Dead

That speaks for its self really don't think i need to say anymore.

Tratos
07-07-05, 17:02
My thoughts are with the people affected by the incidents of this morning, according to BBC news Terminal 3 at Heathrow has now been evacuated but most major train lines have been re opened.

Lastest death toll from the BBC is 33.

sanityislost
07-07-05, 17:51
Damn thats evil, hope all you nc junkies living in london are ok.
Im thinking it was planned to mess up the G8.... :mad:

SiL ..:..

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 19:01
The idea that this has something to do with winning the olympic bid makes absolutely no sense. The idea that it was planned to coincide with the opening of the G8 summit here today however makes perfect sense, why are you all so set on it being related to the Olympics. designed to Show up our poor infrastructure ? Eh ? Are you mad ? :lol:

because most of what terrorism is about is 2 things.

1. fear

2. publicity.

its about being noticed and having an effect on the world.

humans are the civalised ones... dogs lick their testicles clean, a lion will kill to feed his pride, but humans are the only ones to kill for beliefs... :(

:edit:

believe it or not, this used to be a bus...

http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/nm_blast_bus_050707_ssh.jpg

naimex
07-07-05, 20:53
My thoughts are with the people affected by the incidents of this morning, according to BBC news Terminal 3 at Heathrow has now been evacuated but most major train lines have been re opened.

Lastest death toll from the BBC is 33.

36 now...

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 22:37
A previously unknown group, "Secret Group of al Qaeda's Jihad in Europe", claimed responsibility

Morganth
08-07-05, 00:04
36 now...

I heard 38 an hour ago.

My friends parents (both in the police force) have been summoned to London. One for bomb sweeping and body recovery (not nice), the other for witness interogation. Gonna suck for anyone of Middle Eastern nature (unless they are responsible of course, in which case they should have every bone in their body broken over a period of a day, twice. And then they should been tortured, chinese style), they gonna get arrested as witnesses as soon as the police spot them, lol.

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 13:41
aye... fightin over beliefs always ends up with more innocents, from both sides, suffering.

Superbron
08-07-05, 13:44
Damn terrorists! :mad:

RogerRamjet
08-07-05, 14:16
Death tolls rose to 50 now according to the BBC.

How can these people beleive what they are doing is right or productive for their cause?

The world is a horrible place now. Im not particulary for war, but sometimes i wish people like who performed these attacks would fight fair army vs army instead of killing innocent people.

THE_TICK!!!!
08-07-05, 14:32
unfortunately fella's this type of person thrives on the terror and missfortune of others. They love to cause strife and sadness. So keep your chins up fella's, in the end every dog has his day.

Bozz-Von Mel
08-07-05, 16:01
Death tolls rose to 50 now according to the BBC.

How can these people beleive what they are doing is right or productive for their cause?

The world is a horrible place now. Im not particulary for war, but sometimes i wish people like who performed these attacks would fight fair army vs army instead of killing innocent people.

Nobody is for war, especially the people who have to fight them, but be thankfull for those willing. You can take the small victory from them by going on about your business as usual. I would rather be fighting these guys in some other country than my home (naturally). Be defiant and don't let them make you afraid. Support your government in their effort to protect you. You may not always agree with their methods of protecting you and you may question the intentions. When you ask your government to pull out of the war in hopes of saving lives you help their cause. Keep this in mind.

Morganth
08-07-05, 19:49
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 20:09
good to see the majority of london up and running agains today.

a day to remember to be sure, but we won't be changing.

ZoVoS
09-07-05, 02:06
you cant make anything more secure, it would take me 1 day to get teh parts i needed 30 mins to make a bomb and 4 houres to get to london, nobody would seach my body, the trouble is when sumbody is willing to kill them slefs inorder to take out asmany ppl with em, how can you stop them

stoping sumbody whos afriad to die is simple, stoping sumbody who is already dead is imposible.

49 confirmed on bbc this second btw, less than 10lb of high explosives, you could fit that in a bag, nobody would notice

shit mun i was there a few days ago, thats scary as shit, wat a fuking waste of life.

i have said it before, blind faith in anything is the most worst posible thing any person can do, its the difference from being a human and a preprogramed machine, how the hell could u sit there and not question, wait a minuet im killing a bus full of people here, inocent people, children, women. anybody who can sit there and happily detonate a bomb knowing that tens of inocent people will die, its sikening

ZoVoS
09-07-05, 02:07
[ edited ]

i said that but in reality i know that wouldnt work, send a nuke to them and globel nukular war would instue, just like the story of neocron, you nuke us, we nuke you, everybody nukes everybody, goodbye planet

Asurmen Spec Op
09-07-05, 03:12
i said that but in reality i know that wouldnt work, send a nuke to them and globel nukular war would instue, just like the story of neocron, you nuke us, we nuke you, everybody nukes everybody, goodbye planet
story of neocron eh....

*grabs nukes*

nobby
09-07-05, 03:26
edit//
don't wanna seem TOO racist :p

Bozz-Von Mel
09-07-05, 19:08

Um, they dont have nukes. Remember we didnt "find" any.

ZoVoS
10-07-05, 02:03
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
10-07-05, 02:16
This thread has got too politically nasty. As someone who lived in London for three years I truly sympathise for the people involved in this situation. Let's just leave it at that.

N