PDA

View Full Version : Need help using Photoshop.

RogerRamjet
06-07-05, 15:01
Basically, i want to take a video ive found on the internet, effectively steal perhaps a 30 second bit from it and turn it into an avatar.

Can anyone help since im hopeless with Photoshop.

aKe`cj
06-07-05, 15:07
a) Photoshop is for editing still images, no movie clips - no gif animation
b) You either have to take multiple screenshots and stuff them in 1 .gif by hand.. or you google for software that transforms the original movie format into .gif
c) 30 second animated gif will be far too large for an avatar

Spermy
06-07-05, 15:16
a) Photoshop is for editing still images, no movie clips - no gif animation

Although imageready is handy for it - usually comes with the adobe suite - i know mine did.

b) You either have to take multiple screenshots and stuff them in 1 .gif by hand.. or you google for software that transforms the original movie format into .gif

Unfortunately so - I can think of no software from the top of my head, I've never bothered looking for it to be honest.

c) 30 second animated gif will be far too large for an avatar

Way too large. 5/6 seconds max - Unless you have INCREDIBLY lossy compression, and possibly monochrome it.

Maester Seymour
06-07-05, 15:18
If you have Photoshop, ImageReady comes with it. :)

aKe`cj
06-07-05, 15:25
Although imageready is handy for it - usually comes with the adobe suite - i know mine did.

Considering the price for photoshop alone and taking into account the threadstarters knowledge about it, you are probably right - assuming he's got the whole creative suite :p

Unfortunately so - I can think of no software from the top of my head, I've never bothered looking for it to be honest.

I know there are some movie-editing apps that allow you to export gif files... tried it myself once. Alike you I cant be bothered to do the google'in for someone else tho' :)

RogerRamjet
06-07-05, 17:52
Aye ive got image ready. Dont know what else mind.

enigma_b17
06-07-05, 17:59
erm theres a few dvdeditors around on the web that can do what ur lookin for, not sure of names though, just type movie editor into google and ull be away

ps try the usual places

download.com
tucows.com

THE_TICK!!!!
06-07-05, 18:35
use macromedia baby !! its the only way to go... pm me your addy and i might be able to hook ya up...course do to where im at it might take a bit :)

Koshinn
06-07-05, 18:50
Ok, here's an easy way to extract to a gif from an avi.

Get virtualdub ... it's freeware. Load the movie in virtualdub and save as a image sequence (.bmp, not .tga). Then download animagic gif animator.. it's shareware but works fully for like 30 days. It hasn't had updates in a couple years but it still works perfectly. Animagic allows you to make a gif animation out of .bmps and compresses it nicely... but a 10 sec animation at 30 fps runs at around 800kb, give or take.

RogerRamjet
06-07-05, 21:02
K, ill have a look for all this shizzle on google, thanks alot.

Spermy
06-07-05, 22:15
use macromedia baby !! its the only way to go... pm me your addy and i might be able to hook ya up...course do to where im at it might take a bit :)

Bluergh - used macromedia MX suite all the way thru uni - HATED IT!

WITH A PASSION!