PDA

View Full Version : Patch 138-139 Discussion

Thanatos
06-07-05, 14:47
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=en&id=120&)

The servers will go down at 3:00 PM CET for approximately 1 hour.

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 14:48
Very nice patch

About damn time....

- X-Bow Pistol damage reduced by 20%.
- Special Forces Plasmawave damage reduced by 10%.

Uhoh....my all out pker won't like this

- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction, but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.

Brammers
06-07-05, 14:48
C&P Of the notes...

- Trophy System implemented. NPCs in Plaza P1, DoY City Center and Military Base will tell you more about it.

World:
- Added Electric Vibes Club to Dome of York.
- Added Tiki Tornado Club to Dome of York.
- Added lots of unique graphical content for the new clubs.
- Added music for the new clubs.
- Added NPCs and missions for the new clubs.

- Fixed floating tree in J_01 "A Neocron world wonder is no more".
- Removed Plaza 4 apartment entrances from F_02.
- Removed FA turret from E_07.
- Fixed fences acting as rotten boxes in H_08.
- NPC proofed the elevator shaft in the MB Stairway.

Items:
- Research and Construction Items now stack.
- X-Bow Pistol damage reduced by 20%.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed bug with weapons losing quality/slots (mostly occured when using certain slotted psi modules as the active weapon).
- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction, but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.
- Removed delay when looping (restarting) the current ambient music track.
- Fixed client crash bug when receiving bad character model data.
- Modified movement distance check when casting PSI spells, subject to further adjustments.
- Itemtracking IDs will no longer be displayed.

NPC:
- Fixed Unknown 10/10 mobs in Hacknet.
- Fixed DoY aligned bots in the Tunnels, they're now hostile to all factions like the rest.
- Adjusted damage on Mk II units in the level 3 tunnels.
- Fixed HackNet Vendor in Fallen Angels Sec 3.
- Further reduced HackNet Mob health.

- The Private Security Guards that were announced on the forums have not yet been implemented because they haven't finished their training yet.

Riddle
06-07-05, 14:49

Interesting could this be true? What consequences ?

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 14:50

Interesting could this be true? What consequences ?
I'd assume the faction guards won't like you and you probably can't buy from the faction NPCs

Riddle
06-07-05, 14:52
I'd assume the faction guards won't like you and you probably can't buy from the faction NPCs

So no more running res missions at HQ to fix symph?

Great news! if so i hate those allied pk'ers :D

Brammers
Anyone know what this is about?

- The Private Security Guards that were announced on the forums have not yet been implemented because they haven't finished their training yet

Superbron
Removed FA turret from E_07
Saves a lot of headaches!

Nice patch I guess.

Superbron
06-07-05, 14:54
Would be good!

Xylaz
06-07-05, 14:55
what about monks?

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-05, 14:57
wasn't that husk for you brammers ? :p

nah looks like fun patch. might login tonight tho i dno when i'll get home prob late :/ might go look for the clubs tho thats about it. i'm done with hours of hunting :p

Skusty
06-07-05, 15:04
Modified movement distance check when casting PSI spells, subject to further adjustments.

This means runcast fix? :) :p :lol:

fschepper
06-07-05, 15:05
Anyone know what this is about?

- The Private Security Guards that were announced on the forums have not yet been implemented because they haven't finished their training yet.

These Guards are intended to act like twister security and can be placed by gms in public apartments (bars etc) owned by runners to ensure there is no pking..

They were announced in a thread in the german forum (click (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=126450))....

Spermy
06-07-05, 15:08
Can you tell us hoiw the runcast has been affected?

Selendor
06-07-05, 15:09
Does this change prevent ally killers using res missions? I've never allied killed so I don't know how they do it at the moment.

Haven't heard anything on forums about private guards, perhaps on German side? Could this be for placing at Ops or Appartments?? Would be an interesting feature, looking forward to that.

Good patch, hope the runcasting is truly fixed.

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 15:12
Does this change prevent ally killers using res missions? I've never allied killed so I don't know how they do it at the moment.

You buy the res mission BPs from other players (need 3 for 1 mission) and then take the mission at the citycom, talk to a NPC in the faction HQ who gives you the item to be ressed (it's always the same for TL150 missions eg.) then you just give the item and the 3 BPs you bought to another NPC in the HQ and viola faction symph/sl/money

Clobber
06-07-05, 15:12
yay x-bow nerf :D

Seems a nice patch still no removal of para tho :lol:

Superbron
06-07-05, 15:28
what about monks?
What about them?

Comie
06-07-05, 15:32
yay x-bow nerf :D

Seems a nice patch still no removal of para tho :lol:

was the X-bow REALLLY that overpowered?

i dont know cos i havent faced one yet... tho cos its a crossbow im still wondering why its a pistol and not a rifle

Original monk
06-07-05, 15:32

is this confirmed ? ? when you alliePK (or accidentally hit someone while leveling) cant you get fast missions nomore ?

pitty para isnt out yet, as mentioned above here

good job on that annoying THturret !

(as an offtopic sidequestion speaking of turret: what ever happend to gatling3's and are they suposed to be obtainable ingame ? also why are stunturrets useless/why are they called stunturrets instead of ... low-push-turrets lol, thats 2 useless rares in the dre-database :/ other one is the electrical tempest wich can also be made with rareparts in decent quality then... noone complains yeah, im the only factionmember i think lol)

boo for the removal of the floating tree :/ (is the floating chair on top of a mountain still ingame ?)

even bigger boo for changing the MKII bot, it was a challenging mob :)

gg on the stacking items !

rest seems ok :) like the fixed HNvendor in doy :)

seems like an OK patch, removal of para would made it tops tough :)

Mechanicus
06-07-05, 15:33
was the X-bow REALLLY that overpowered?

i dont know cos i havent faced one yet... tho cos its a crossbow im still wondering why its a pistol and not a rifle

because its a crossbow PISTOL

Koshinn
06-07-05, 15:51
Can't find the npc for trophies in p1. :(

Tratos
06-07-05, 15:51
Not the bunker tree :( lol FINALLY fixed :p

Looks like a very interesting patch :D look forward to having a wander to the new clubs and seeing how annoyed the faction gaurds get :) hopefully this will dent Allied PKing as people wont be able to get IN the HQs aswell as they could as they'll be getting shot by the gaurds.

What i am looking forward to is those new NPCs explaining the trophy system :)

Nice selection of bug fixes and changes keep quality to this level or higher KK :) i just hope all goes well.

Nullvoid
06-07-05, 16:07
aww my tank's deathray has finally been nerfed :lol: I wonder if that brings it in at about the same dmg as a rav or a little lower.

edit - this regular patching business is most heartening, thumbs up.

Xeno LARD
06-07-05, 16:08
- Added Electric Vibes Club to Dome of York.
- Added Tiki Tornado Club to Dome of York.
Right. Time to change over to doy then. :(

OMG NO YOU CANT DO THAT!

Dribble Joy
06-07-05, 16:08

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Why? Change it back!!

Koshinn
06-07-05, 16:13
nm, found the hunters in mb and p1. they say the same thing.

Dribble Joy
06-07-05, 16:31
- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction,
Why?

but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.

In what way?

I don't see how this helps anything.

Tratos
06-07-05, 16:33
Im now an Electronic Vibes VIP ;)

However; when accepting the missions inside the club you dont get any mission text in the chat window instead you simply get <text not found> also the backdoor of ElecVibes doesnt let you back it, it just opens your RPOS.

W00t i get free beer at ElecVibes :p

EDIT: No mission giving NPCs are located in the Tiki club.

EDIT2: The tables on which the strippers dance on in the Electronic Vibes club think they are chairs ;)

EDIT3: Appears there is one, just wasnt what i was expecting.

Can we get a bug thread? ;)

sanityislost
06-07-05, 17:30
These Guards are intended to act like twister security and can be placed by gms in public apartments (bars etc) owned by runners to ensure there is no pking..

They were announced in a thread in the german forum (click (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=126450))....

Wow thats sounds sweet!
btw....nice patch :D

SiL ..:..

Eckhart
06-07-05, 17:36
Oh yes, sweet patch. Great job KK :)

First full day Im going to spend ingame in two weeks.

RogerRamjet
06-07-05, 17:43

Worst patch ever :p

Inchenzo
06-07-05, 17:47
i'm gonna miss that tree :(

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 18:33
And this is what happens after the new patch when trying to talk with faction supply managers of your own faction....note guards still don't attack or anything

http://www.sitecenter.dk/x-files/nss-folder/scrapbog/shot0034.jpg

Tratos
06-07-05, 18:41
Nice bit of spelling in there too,lol "YOUR ARE DEAD" :lol:

EDIT: Cmaster has made a makeshift bug report (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126615) thread, will hopefully be stickied shortly.

Some points on the new content, i was quite disapointed that the VIP pass for Electric Vibes is just a datacube after alot of items were given there own icons and such in the last patch additionly i find it annoying that the enterances for the new clubs have been done in a "Mr Jones Mission Area-esque" way, as what was supposed to be the Dome Of York Club Veronique actualy had funky doors on and had a normal sync line type format to it (walk to a point sync and your in, like clubs in Neocron) this brings me to my next point, Red Pepper Entertainment.... why on earth do they operate in both Neocron and the Dome of York, i thought it was a Neocron based company and im sure the Black Dragon Clan and the Tsunami Syndicate wont be happy that this new company is stealing there trade in there new home, Tsunami especialy since they claimed the Club Veronique site in the Dome.

Dont get me wrong i really like the new areas, especialy Electric Vibes, my Hacker spy will visit often as its more his scene but i would have liked them to be owned by Tsunami as originaly they were the original clubs and whores faction back in Neocron 1 it could still be done though.

I'd like to see Tsunami back on the club scene with Club Veroniques Tiki Tornado and the Twister Electric Vibes.

Ofcourse i dont know the whole story of Red Pepper as i believe it hasnt been fully explained i could just be talking a load of bollocks if Red Pepper turn out to be a front for the Syndicate to keep control of Pepper Park.

Again, not a rant just something that doesnt make scence in my mind.

Rob01m
06-07-05, 18:49
Nice Job KK, looks great on paper, now I'm off to check things out in game. :D

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 19:38
- Fixed bug with weapons losing quality/slots (mostly occured when using certain slotted psi modules as the active weapon). this the bug where sometimes you log in and your weapon acts like a store bought one til you un equip it and reequip it (QB => inv, inv => QB)?

:wtf:

all in all good patch notes. lets see how well it worked though ;)

:edit:

you need 64 symp for a TL150 mission. if my symp is higher than that... why would that stop me visiting the HQ?

Tostino
06-07-05, 20:22
Looks like a nice patch. Time to check it out for my self.

Drake6k
06-07-05, 20:32
what about monks?
Yeah!!

Although.. I'm impressed to see obvious and common bugs (like flying trees) fixed. :lol: :lol: So I won't complain about the patch. Just the monks.

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 20:51
didnt try HQ's... but screaming horse (labeled as CA) ignored my -74 CA symp PA even when i ran up to him and sexed him.

eprodigy
06-07-05, 21:10

my cm pker is great.. he only kills everyone but crahn and his symp with crahn is 95 still everyone else at -lots :P so i can run teh crahn missions :angel:

and procity/anti guards yell at me a lot but dont attack no matter my symp with anyone

mabye worth logging in to see the clubs i guess

Riddle
06-07-05, 21:16
Whats the drop rate on these head? for trophy.

I mean i been killing all day and nadda, nothing :(

Probably lower than techs :rolleyes:

Odin
06-07-05, 21:21
i'm gonna miss that tree :(

Blame Lupus. He got tired of people writing bugreports about that one all the time :)

RogerRamjet
06-07-05, 22:05
So Lupus is KOS now? :D

Sakletare
06-07-05, 22:50
Did he ever stop being KOS? :p

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 22:52
i never really logged on much in the last patch... but i did for this one.

i dont think ill bother logging on again (barring to talk to people) until they sort out the casting.

my PE can run around and cast a heal as normal... but if he runs, then stops it fails? well... that sure makes a PE DBing fun. now that running then stopping fucks up casting, i'm supposed to dance cast DB? yeah... thats viable for a PE :rolleyes:

:edit: as for a PE re SDing in a combat situation... forget it. just set kill self and save the hassle.

normally i fail about one shield in 10. today i failed about half. no way was that my fault.

ZoVoS
06-07-05, 23:17
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BASTARDS lmao...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

..NOOOOOOOOOO

... NOO

no..... *crys*

-=EDIT=-
btw SEX SEX SEX, niiiiiiiiiice pactch guys :D you do love us after all

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 23:24
in regards to the above post compared to mine... i agree its a good patch, and assuming the things changed work then its good stuff.

but the inability to cast half the time is not so good. not at all.

ZoVoS
06-07-05, 23:27
in regards to the above post compared to mine... i agree its a good patch, and assuming the things changed work then its good stuff.

but the inability to cast half the time is not so good. not at all.

specialy if ur a hybreed, kinda fukes the hell out ur whole day

Dirus
07-07-05, 00:00
aww my tank's deathray has finally been nerfed :lol: I wonder if that brings it in at about the same dmg as a rav or a little lower.

edit - this regular patching business is most heartening, thumbs up.

It's now 10% lower, it was exactly the same before.

Actually, I was joking around after it was already fixed, that it should have been left alone, and just had a bar & bartender added to the one side of it and a souviner booth on the other. Label it one of the wonders of Neocron.

Tratos
07-07-05, 00:02
Speaking about floating trees how about the line of 3 near point red? ;) ;p

Also and yes this is off topic but this is around planfile time but what happened to the Theme Week forums? they were made into redirects and now they are no longer there....O_o

Dirus
07-07-05, 00:03

Next patch.

Tratos
07-07-05, 00:04
Next patch.

Win :D cheers much! :)

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 00:06

Also and yes this is off topic but this is around planfile time but what happened to the Theme Week forums? they were made into redirects and now they are no longer there....O_o

they are sub forums in the test server forum... which still link to the main forum page :p

:edit: i take it back... they were when i got home today...

:edit2: my bad... brainport forum :p

RogerRamjet
07-07-05, 00:09
It's now 10% lower, it was exactly the same before.

Actually, I was joking around after it was already fixed, that it should have been left alone, and just had a bar & bartender added to the one side of it and a souviner booth on the other. Label it one of the wonders of Neocron.

Do it. Please. <3

ZoVoS
07-07-05, 00:19

that was prolly a joke but it would be a good idea, and have a placeable appartment item for sale that is the floating tree... hell there should be tons of em around teh famous sites, miniture BYB's and minni warbot statue's that u can buy from vendors =]

a placeable wall t-shirt, "i got powned in the bump assilum" (change to bum if u ever get aronud to it)

erm what else.

plushies.... lots of plusshies for sale in the zoo...

Fero
07-07-05, 00:19
Good patch.

How about a woc +1 stuff for tanks/monks and tradeskillers(INT woc)??

i could use a few now me thinks :p :D

Xylaz
07-07-05, 00:21
just wondering...

...whats the point of putting 20 heavily armed guards inside a club if its a safezone?

on the side note: i thought we have enough of safezones already :rolleyes:

Tratos
07-07-05, 00:26
just wondering...

...whats the point of putting 20 heavily armed guards inside a club if its a safezone?

on the side note: i thought we have enough of safezones already :rolleyes:

its heavily gaurded to give it something called some atmosphere and they're safezones as all clubs are safezones and have been since NC2 start.

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 00:59
Have we actually had a reason from KK as to the reason for the run/moving cast issue?
What is the reasoning behind it?

If it is some bat shit crazy idea of a ppu fix, then someone needs a slap...

ZoVoS
07-07-05, 01:16
Have we actually had a reason from KK as to the reason for the run/moving cast issue?
What is the reasoning behind it?

If it is some bat shit crazy idea of a ppu fix, then someone needs a slap...

dont ppl read

Runcast
While we had planned to somewhat tone down runcasting, problems with casting while standing have appeared on the retail servers, which of course was not our intention. We are working hard on a fix for this problem.

numb
07-07-05, 01:34
edit: sorry, I posted in the wrong thread!

Dribble Joy
07-07-05, 01:57
While we had planned to somewhat tone down runcasting, problems with casting while standing have appeared on the retail servers, which of course was not our intention. We are working hard on a fix for this problem.
Which is what I was refering to.

They have said what, but not why.

Terkantia
07-07-05, 02:03
Zovos,

lets not be too quik to smack ppl with info that is old and doesn't neccassarilly address the new issues that jesteethegreat and others have raised about the new casting issues in general.

It seems as though that the old issue of casting not working in general has been reaplced with having to move about to get spells to successfully cast, if jester description (not doubting, just pointing out that only one persons perception may noit accuratly reflect what is happening) is completely accurate.

EDIT: Reason - Flamming KK - Terkantia

:rolleyes:

ZoVoS
07-07-05, 02:45
:P i was only messun mun :D

dribbely knows im not preforming a character assasination, that will come later YAY

i am also peeved (cool word no?) at teh changes. fukes with me characters to. but as it is kk stuf stuf (ohhh stuf stuf) up alot when trying to fix em, jus give em time, they usualy come through...

unless this is item trackings fault :mad:

Sineater
07-07-05, 04:46
why not put them arround the three trees near point red :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 09:38
Has anyone acually seen a head?
How rare are they Ive been hunting all damn day

Freaky Fryd
07-07-05, 12:20
How about a woc +1 stuff for tanks/monks and tradeskillers(INT woc)??

MMMmmmm.....research brain imps and construction backbones... (I'm hoping for, anyway)
:)

Yeah, I'd love to see some more WoC items added, but this patch is definitely nice in the meantime!
:D

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 13:43
Zovos,

lets not be too quik to smack ppl with info that is old and doesn't neccassarilly address the new issues that jesteethegreat and others have raised about the new casting issues in general.

It seems as though that the old issue of casting not working in general has been reaplced with having to move about to get spells to successfully cast, if jester description (not doubting, just pointing out that only one persons perception may noit accuratly reflect what is happening) is completely accurate.

EDIT: Reason - Flamming KK - Terkantia

:rolleyes:

t'was in NF... and we all know how NF is even worse than the rest of the game.

RogerRamjet
07-07-05, 18:18
t'was in NF... and we all know how NF is even worse than the rest of the game.

Actually on Mercury its the only place i can cast properly...

Corny
07-07-05, 18:59
As one of the very few x-bow users on Terra I was kinda disappointed by the amount of nerf it received. I have tested the dmg on a number of ppl from all classes(with and without buffs) only to find out that the xbow does about 5% more dmg than an Executioner now. The rate of fire is the same and aiming is about the same too 8|
So considering the effort that is needed to get WOC1 and an xbow, which is only ridiculously better than a pistol every capped pistol spy can use, there is no point anymore to get one. IMHO it should get unnerfed like 5-10% again, to have at least a noticable advantage compared to an Exe.

Now you all can flame or make constructive suggestions...

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 19:19
As one of the very few x-bow users on Terra I was kinda disappointed by the amount of nerf it received. I have tested the dmg on a number of ppl from all classes(with and without buffs) only to find out that the xbow does about 5% more dmg than an Executioner now. The rate of fire is the same and aiming is about the same too 8|
So considering the effort that is needed to get WOC1 and an xbow, which is only ridiculously better than a pistol every capped pistol spy can use, there is no point anymore to get one. IMHO it should get unnerfed like 5-10% again, to have at least a noticable advantage compared to an Exe.

Now you all can flame or make constructive suggestions...

woc should be a bonus, not an auto win / stupid advantage.

if its an exec with 5% more damage then its still a good weapon... and sounds cool :p

Dargeshaad
07-07-05, 19:21
woc should be a bonus, not an auto win / stupid advantage.

if its an exec with 5% more damage then its still a good weapon... and sounds cool :p
It's so easy to take out ppl's legs with it that it's almost stupid....so i'd say it's still better than exec/slasher by a good margin

Corny
07-07-05, 20:54
It's just as "easy" to take out ppls legs with an Exe so ...

@jester: 5% more dmg than Exe is faaar from being auto-win, its rather ridiculously better, not having any noticable effect in a real fight

And for being WOC it _should_ have some advantage over normal rare weapons, be it a small but noticable one... :o

Rogue Arson
07-07-05, 21:27
for a weapon that REQUIRES so much leveling to get woc... I can see why the nerf is so disapointing. Perhaps giving back 5% damage would keep it in line with the uber reqs, and not make it an "instant win"

Nullvoid
07-07-05, 21:43
I kinda wish they would restructure things so you get your normal non-rare items scaling up in tl(stopping at tl 95) and damage, but then all the rare weapons have the same tl(105 say) and are balanced to be as effective as each other. With the woc items then a tiny bit further beyond the rares(tl 115) so as to be worth using but not so essential that we get to a point where they are felt essential to pvp.

We might then see a lot more variation in the weps capped players choose to employ...

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 21:47
With the nerf im not sure I want to even keep trying for the Xbow, for a PE its more then just a little bit of leveling, I need to go 220Million XP from cap.
and for all that effort and I can just drug into a exec.

WOC guns should be much better, because 220M/100M are still alot of XP. I think they deserve a bit more then 5% boost

and has ANYONE seen any trophies? do they drop?

Riddle
07-07-05, 22:07
Heads for trophy :(

Haven't seen any in over 6 hours hunting yesterday and today.....and no one on trade bragging, so I guess Drop rate borked or more rare than rares :confused:

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 22:20
damnit I want a grim on my wall!

say do droms drop heads too?
ya know we want em

Freaky Fryd
07-07-05, 22:29

Exactly.
Also, I notice that everyone complaining about the Xbow is missing one important detail...how much P-C/WEP is needed to cap it?
If it's less than the Exec, then isn't that a nice bonus too? That means more points in agility or whatever else you want in DEX...

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 22:32
@jester: 5% more dmg than Exe is faaar from being auto-win

that was my point. better, but not stupidly better is good.

though as long as its not stupidly more powerful i wouldnt be opposed to a slight boost (though i have neither used it nor fought against it since this patch so my opinion is uninformed... just going by the 5% more than exec information)

eprodigy
07-07-05, 22:58
even a 10% nerf still leaves it pretty damn powerful.. i think the xbow is easier to aim then an exec.. you do save TC, it must be easier to cap, and as long as its balanced its damn sexy ;) woc items are sort of a wierd thing to balance because you want it to be worth something to you (to go through the trouble of getting woc level) but you dont want to make it something that on itself makes you so much more powerful as to make it another part of the required treadmill...

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 23:00
woc items are sort of a wierd thing to balance because you want it to be worth something to you (to go through the trouble of getting woc level) but you dont want to make it something that on itself makes you so much more powerful as to make it another part of the required treadmill...

sums up balance right there.

the really hard to get things should be good enough to be different from normal... but not so good its required.

same as balancing anything

Dirus
07-07-05, 23:20
As for the X-bow.

It's 13TLs lower then the Exec, and still does more damage. It doesnt require as much skill to use as the exec either due to the TL's being that much lower.

You can't have everything guys. I'd say the bonuses it has atm are enough.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 23:23
As for the X-bow.

It's 13TLs lower then the Exec, and still does more damage. It doesnt require as much skill to use as the exec either due to the TL's being that much lower.

lupus can you confirm the heads droping

and the crossbow is awsome, it has no acual dex req, so you need no dex implants..
Just think

Jesterthegreat
07-07-05, 23:26
while you're here... quick question.

i havent played my monk post patch... but logic would tell me that this runcast nerf would effect people without capped spells more than people with capped spells... making it a "relative" boost for monks. what i mean is a ppu with his capped DB is has more leeway for the casting, and casts quicker than a PE with a DB (or a spy drugging up to DB). not limited to DB of course.

:edit: theres no question there... question is: is my logic correct? is this infact making non monks have even more of a disadvantage?

:Edit: @ above and people complain? no dex req?

ffs thats sick. spy setup:

moveon, ppr, moveon, mini resistor, str backbone 2, beast or xstrong, nightspider, capped xbow.

if you feel saucy replace the mini resistor with the ppu chip 1... but i doubt the damage% difference on shelter would be worth it.

Terkantia
07-07-05, 23:53
:Edit: @ above and people complain? no dex req?

moveon, ppr, moveon, mini resistor, str backbone 2, beast or xstrong, nightspider, capped xbow.

if you feel saucy replace the mini resistor with the ppu chip 1... but i doubt the damage% difference on shelter would be worth it.

My thoughts exactly!!! That is fukkin lunacy!

8|

Asurmen Spec Op
07-07-05, 23:54
Yeah Im gonna start doing my setup, I kinda wanna keep my SA because of the PC bonus. But maybe Ill have some wicked setup
like a PPR movon mini resister then something

edit:
anyone know any skill managers wich have the minis?
Think of a PE with that bow, thats MAD

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 00:01
Yeah Im gonna start doing my setup, I kinda wanna keep my SA because of the PC bonus. But maybe Ill have some wicked setup
like a PPR movon mini resister then something

edit:
anyone know any skill managers wich have the minis?
Think of a PE with that bow, thats MAD

think of getting a PE to use the bow? thats MAD leveling :p

neoskiller is easy to add / edit things on. saved as xml files iirc

Asurmen Spec Op
08-07-05, 00:07
think of getting a PE to use the bow? thats MAD leveling :p
I know Jester I fucking know :(
Im at 64mil dex XP.
If people stoped jumping me lvling id be there now, but I gotta wait for my druglash to wear..

fucking nightspider

And I advise all you PEs
NEVER try for WOC unless you want to try to rip your hair out
IT FUCKING SUCKS

vashtyphoon78
08-07-05, 01:23
whooray after these two patches my NC client wont even run! woot thanks KK! -.- even with meh firewall off it wont work =(

Corny
08-07-05, 01:27
As for the X-bow.

As I already mentioned the bonus on the xbow is negligible, I have tested that. And the lower TL argument doesnt really count here, because it is much harder to get and use than an Exe. For Spies, using the xbow has about no advantages anymore. Only PEs would benefit from it because they dont have to drug up to use it, but as it is now, no PE can get the xbow to work, not for half a year of constant leveling or so at least.

I can't describe here how much i worked to actually being able to use the xbow after it became a WOC item. Now I can use it and it gets nerfed to the level of a normal Exe. That just aint right. I agree that it needed a little nerf, but the 20% one killed it, no use using it anymore now 8|

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 01:33

thats far from useless. a well setup spy is equal to a PE barring poison and about 100 health (defence wise) and DB (offense wise). with this they are able to set themselves up 100% defensively, and use a gun thats more powerful than any PE will use for a long time :p

eprodigy
08-07-05, 02:01
what are you hunting asurmen? how long has it taken for 60mil ? my pe isnt even hardcapped because I lom him so much ;) (although i guess you cant really hardcap anymore)

xbow advantage seems pretty huge to me... its like looking at the spy setups you can get if you use a judge etc but with a weapon a lot more powerful ;)

Dargeshaad
08-07-05, 02:25
As I already mentioned the bonus on the xbow is negligible, I have tested that. And the lower TL argument doesnt really count here, because it is much harder to get and use than an Exe. For Spies, using the xbow has about no advantages anymore. Only PEs would benefit from it because they dont have to drug up to use it, but as it is now, no PE can get the xbow to work, not for half a year of constant leveling or so at least.

I can't describe here how much i worked to actually being able to use the xbow after it became a WOC item. Now I can use it and it gets nerfed to the level of a normal Exe. That just aint right. I agree that it needed a little nerf, but the 20% one killed it, no use using it anymore now 8|
As I said in another thread, there's already a PE on mars running around with a x-bow

Asurmen Spec Op
08-07-05, 02:45
what are you hunting asurmen? how long has it taken for 60mil ? my pe isnt even hardcapped because I lom him so much ;) (although i guess you cant really hardcap anymore)
;)
Ive gotten about 25milish in the past few weeks, 20 of that in a few days.
I hunt everything, grims and Y reps mostly

Exioce
08-07-05, 02:55

you have two moveon's in that set-up. i was under the impression you couldn't have two of the same brain chip :confused:

Corny
08-07-05, 03:04
As I said in another thread, there's already a PE on mars running around with a x-bow

I don't care for PEs, there won't be many using it for a long time. I care for my Spy, and I had to invest a great amount of time to be able to use the xbow again. Now all of a sudden that effort is worth nothing anymore. Thats just not right!

Asurmen Spec Op
08-07-05, 03:17
I don't care for PEs, there won't be many using it for a long time. I care for my Spy, and I had to invest a great amount of time to be able to use the xbow again. Now all of a sudden that effort is worth nothing anymore. Thats just not right!
Dont you talk about a great about of time

Corny
08-07-05, 03:20
Well i meant a huge amount of time, u know what i mean :)

eprodigy
08-07-05, 03:28
Well i meant a huge amount of time, u know what i mean :)
its still worth it for a spy... you dont need anything but defensive chips now.

sultana
08-07-05, 06:42
Your gun that has no dex req, is as easy to cap as a judge is, and does more damage then a executioner, suddenly has no use now?

My ppu has 380ish mill xp in psi and what do I get? Nothing.

And Asurmen, it's not really the xp that will kill you, more getting the disks themselves :wtf: unless you have one already

Asurmen Spec Op
08-07-05, 06:44
And Asurmen, it's not really the xp that will kill you, more getting the disks themselves :wtf: unless you have one already
Oh ill get one
Or shoot myself trying!

Corny
08-07-05, 10:05
Well I wont tweak my spy to the level that he can only use x-bow anymore. Thats no fun anymore and shouldnt count as an argument...

Dargeshaad
08-07-05, 10:41
Well I wont tweak my spy to the level that he can only use x-bow anymore. Thats no fun anymore and shouldnt count as an argument...
Poor thing....won't change his own setup so he can have better resists...better runspeed....more hps..etc etc etc, but instead wants KK to increase the dmg of the x-bow so he doesn't need to change his setup :lol:

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 13:36
you have two moveon's in that set-up. i was under the impression you couldn't have two of the same brain chip :confused:

my bad. whack a second mini resistor in there, or an SA if you want to free up more dex points for run speed.

RogerRamjet
08-07-05, 14:21
Your gun that has no dex req, is as easy to cap as a judge is, and does more damage then a executioner, suddenly has no use now?

My ppu has 380ish mill xp in psi and what do I get? Nothing.

lol, ive literally had a WoC disk since they came out, and im not even gonna use it.

Nullvoid
08-07-05, 14:31
This problem with the spell fizzling really needs sorted asap, you've let it run on since the 2nd most recent patch and it is putting A LOT of people off playing. If it was meant as a ppu nerf you've got it so horribly wrong as it is having a pretty awful effect on spies and PE's also.

Everything else in the patches is outstanding but the spell fizzle... :mad:

Asurmen Spec Op
08-07-05, 20:13
lol, ive literally had a WoC disk since they came out, and im not even gonna use it.
<3 give it to me :)

Tostino
08-07-05, 20:26
This problem with the spell fizzling really needs sorted asap, you've let it run on since the 2nd most recent patch and it is putting A LOT of people off playing. If it was meant as a ppu nerf you've got it so horribly wrong as it is having a pretty awful effect on spies and PE's also.

Everything else in the patches is outstanding but the spell fizzle... :mad:
I know what you mean... I played 8 hrs a day 6 days a week since I started with no breaks at all and when they put that fizzle in I have been playing so much less it's not even funny. They need to get it back to the way it was asap or they won't have many people playing any more.

Jesterthegreat
08-07-05, 20:40
I know what you mean... I played 8 hrs a day 6 days a week since I started with no breaks at all and when they put that fizzle in I have been playing so much less it's not even funny. They need to get it back to the way it was asap or they won't have many people playing any more.

ditto. used to be there were 2 kinda days for me.

1. go home, get changed, go out.

2. go home, play NC for 8 hours, sleep from 3am til 6am, go to work.

i have played once since they started the fizzling.

Darkana
09-07-05, 00:34
See attachment. Happened the second time this week. Was actually happy to have found a way to target him at all ... Second thing is the coloring bug thanks to the PPU cloak. (Yes, these two problems are actually old, but maybe refreshing the memory about them can't hurt.)

No comment to the recent runcast changes ... :mad:

Edit: Hmm, I think this ended up in the wrong thread, but oh well :angel:

Dirus
09-07-05, 00:40
See attachment. Happened the second time this week. Was actually happy to have found a way to target him at all ... Second thing is the coloring bug thanks to the PPU cloak. (Yes, these two problems are actually old, but maybe refreshing the memory about them can't hurt.)

That picture looks like you converted to 256 colors before uploading it. The PPU cloak causes the ground to look like that?

As for the target issue, thats a model problem, In NC1 the players were 1 complete model, in NC2 the players are broken up into 3 models.

Mighty Max
09-07-05, 00:40

Edit: Hmm, I think this ended up in the wrong thread, but oh well :angel:

As it does not seem to be a common error to me, as well as your settings not seem to be common too, it might help them to tell them how your Option Screen is set to reproduce the error.

Darkana
09-07-05, 00:57
As it does not seem to be a common error to me, as well as your settings not seem to be common too, it might help them to tell them how your Option Screen is set to reproduce the error.Hmm, maybe the screenshot is a bit bad, let me add a bit more data to it :) He died on a slope and thus went below the actual ground. All I saw was his team pointer, nothing else. After tracing the ground for a bit I got his target frame, but this was probably more luck than anything else.

I doubt this has anything to do with visual options. In cases where other runners were close by they saw the same effect.

Jesterthegreat
09-07-05, 01:09
i've seen countless people's models fall throught slopes, or into objects, or into walls...

its not a new one (as you said) but its comon place (if people die by a slope, object or wall)

Mighty Max
09-07-05, 01:21
i've seen countless people's models fall throught slopes, or into objects, or into walls...

its not a new one (as you said) but its comon place (if people die by a slope, object or wall)

Yeah, didnt recognized the fact that the targetting person is dead before Darkana said it :p might be cuz im normally the one laying *g*

Original monk
10-07-05, 11:21
my woc is gathering dust untill a decent rifle or spell comes out

ArgieD
11-07-05, 14:28
He died on a slope and thus went below the actual ground.

Darkana sweetheart, this is just another feature of the game.
These intelligent creatures, get an automatic burial after they die.

Can't we just stop criticise this bug-free game?

Nullvoid
11-07-05, 14:31
Some official reply as to what they want to achieve with the runcasting changes, and how they plan to go about it would be nice. A hint as to how long we have to endure the current spell fizzle would also be nice.

Riddle
11-07-05, 14:38
Some official reply as to what they want to achieve with the runcasting changes, and how they plan to go about it would be nice. A hint as to how long we have to endure the current spell fizzle would also be nice.

Agree 100%

I can't even stand still and cast a holy heal on my capped PPU (well except Int ;) ) takes betweeen 4-6 attempts sometimes for a char that is designed to cast spells!!!

I don't even bother to log on my monk now due to fizzle shit otherwise i'm in danger of leaving my quick belts all over OZ O_o

Jesterthegreat
11-07-05, 19:33
I don't even bother to log on my monk now

if it didnt effect any other class i would love this patch... and enjoy it while it lasted. however since monks have the best casting ability it makes all other classes even worse (or just as bad if they cap the spell they are using)

no i wouldnt love it because i thought no monks was balance... i would love it cos dealing with the buttplug PPU that always turns up wouldnt be as much of an issue.

Darkana
12-07-05, 10:39
I have yet to check into this more toroughly , but it seems there have been other stealth patches, too. For example, the last two times I zoned directly to Plaza 1 I was on the brink of death, which didn't happen before. I dunno about the reasons, it can be more guards (I never counted them), it can be due to changes to heals/shieldings or something else which influences this.

ZigZag
12-07-05, 15:48
Kk pls stop shooting urself in the foot the whole time... seriously.... fix the server/client positioning/fizzling of spells stuff. Its not just spells ..players now see ppl nowhere near where they actually are and the warping has increased dramatically.

Why on earth u had to touch this in the first place baffles me. Your game's main advantage over other mmorpgs is the first person shooter feel. This has been seriously messed up with these latest problems. I know people who are gonna cancel their accounts because of this. When people play your game, they already have high frustration levels coz of the fre's login problems etc, and now you have introduced another major cause of frustration pls pls fix this asap.